Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Is Artavis Scott the playmaker the Tigers have been looking for at wide receiver
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 28
| visibility 1

New Story: Is Artavis Scott the playmaker the Tigers have been looking for at wide receiver

Sep 12, 2014, 3:01 PM

Is Artavis Scott the playmaker the Tigers have been looking for at wide receiver

Sammy Watkins and Martavis Bryant have taken their talents to the NFL, and one of the biggest question marks for the Tigers entering this season is how they would replace their capabilities. They just might have that answer in Artavis Scott. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Is Artavis Scott the playmaker the Tigers have been looking for at wide receiver

Sep 12, 2014, 3:13 PM

ONLY WHEN DW IS THROWING DEEP !

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

/\/\/\ I am putting a "kick me" sign on his back. Shhhh

Sep 12, 2014, 3:16 PM

He can't see me.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Let her ignore that!***

Sep 12, 2014, 3:22 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Is Artavis Scott the playmaker the Tigers have been looking for at wide receiver

Sep 12, 2014, 3:29 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Is Artavis Scott the playmaker the Tigers have been looking for at wide receiver ]

Thanks for the input COOT!

Sep 14, 2014, 10:21 AM

hat has happened to Wallace?

*kick****

Sep 12, 2014, 3:29 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Is Artavis Scott the playmaker the Tigers have been looking for at wide receiver ]

Clemson

You mean like this TD throw...

Sep 12, 2014, 3:33 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Is Artavis Scott the playmaker the Tigers have been looking for at wide receiver ]

... to Scott from "DW"?

http://scores.espn.go.com/ncf/video?gameId=400547741&vid=11475357

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

from "the Senior"***

Sep 12, 2014, 3:37 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

One of the things I like best about that play

Sep 12, 2014, 3:38 PM [ in reply to You mean like this TD throw... ]

In 3 seconds, CS let the ball go, and Scott is already 20 - 25 yards downfield

Clemson

Re: One of the things I like best about that play

Sep 12, 2014, 11:21 PM

I bet that George Campbell kid is watching closely as his former HS teammate gets rolling in our offense.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

All the talk about the two QBs

Sep 13, 2014, 10:59 AM

There's been very little talk of the fact that Scott should be playing over Humph. I love Adam and his hustle, but Scott is just the better player talent wise

Re: You mean like this TD throw...

Sep 12, 2014, 3:39 PM [ in reply to You mean like this TD throw... ]

I could have thrown that one ! The one DW put between two ga dbs was much better.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Which was to Peake***

Sep 12, 2014, 3:40 PM

Clemson

Thing is, if that UGA DB turned around, it would've been an

Sep 12, 2014, 3:41 PM [ in reply to Re: You mean like this TD throw... ]

easy pick...my question is, do any of you really think DW knew that db would not turn and look for the ball?

That could have been just as easy an interception if that DB wasn't starring down our player the whole time...

Actually

Sep 12, 2014, 3:57 PM

Yes, DW did know he wouldn't turn around and that's exactly why he threw it where and when he did. Any NFL offensive mind will tell you when a receiver has inside leverage on a safety and a LB/CB is trailing it is the QB's job to drop it right over his left shoulder. The coverage demanded Ramik Wilson to stay with the receiver, not watch DW's eyes/the ball.

That play was no fluke, and was practiced all week by the staff and players given their coverage. Yes, we all understand the sample size is small but in his limited duty he has perfected the plays he has been asked to run and has been #### near perfect in all his reads.

I thin dw has been awesome

Sep 12, 2014, 4:24 PM [ in reply to Thing is, if that UGA DB turned around, it would've been an ]

But I thought the same thing about that throw

Re: Thing is, if that UGA DB turned around, it would've been an

Sep 12, 2014, 5:23 PM [ in reply to Thing is, if that UGA DB turned around, it would've been an ]

That DB was a linebacker. He could have picked it off if DW under threw it. Can you run full speed in one direction and then turn around to run backwards without losing a step. Ramik was playing to try to break the pass up if possible. Peake flashed his hands late and the LB had no chance. This was the exact same situation as the Peake "drop" earlier in the game. Only Cole let the ball drift towards the sideline by a yard or two (Watson threw his pass shaded down the middle of the field) this caused Peake to have to arch his back and put his hands up by his head to attempt the catch. This tipped the LB off and he broke up the play. He got there early but close enough that no PI was called.

Re: Thing is, if that UGA DB turned around, it would've been an

Sep 12, 2014, 8:31 PM [ in reply to Thing is, if that UGA DB turned around, it would've been an ]

Doesn't matter... The DB didn't turn. There's a lot to be said for instinct. Time will tell if DW is a one in a million

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

Dude's game is gettin sloppy. That's more obviously baiting

Sep 12, 2014, 3:41 PM [ in reply to Re: You mean like this TD throw... ]

than his normal stuff.

He had me going for a while when he was doing his REAL HILL WATCH stuff.... but he's clearly trolling.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I didn't say you couldn't

Sep 12, 2014, 4:36 PM [ in reply to Re: You mean like this TD throw... ]

You didn't specify beyond saying it could only be a deep throw from DW. My contention, as was the OP, is that Scott is going to make folks look good. Your attempt was to turn that compliment into a slam on our QB corp.

I return the slam and ask what your response has to do with the OP's position? If anyone can make TD throws to Scott, then why would DW be any different?

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 12, 2014, 3:46 PM [ in reply to You mean like this TD throw... ]

NO this one !
http://scores.espn.go.com/ncf/video?gameId=400547741&vid=11475357

Sep 12, 2014, 3:52 PM [ in reply to You mean like this TD throw... ]

2nd Quarter 5:39 - CLEM 2nd and 8 at CLEM 45
Deshaun Watson pass complete to Artavis Scott for 37 yds to the SCSt 18 for a 1ST down

Sep 12, 2014, 3:33 PM

Think about it this way --- Sammy and Nuk got to play SC State/Furman too and never put up the kind of game Scott had last week in their freshman seasons.

Definitely not saying he's the next Sammy/Nuk, but I don't think any doubters should use the level of competition in retort. He's taken advantage of his opportunities and I look forward to seeing more.

Also, he's the only player on the team who should ever take a jet sweep from here on out.

Sep 12, 2014, 3:41 PM

DW too !

Sep 12, 2014, 5:51 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Is Artavis Scott the playmaker the Tigers have been looking for at wide receiver ]

Yep, catching that pass over the top of the defenders head was impressive to me.

Supposively...

Sep 13, 2014, 4:38 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Is Artavis Scott the playmaker the Tigers have been looking for at wide receiver ]

Peake has ran a recent 4.3 40- which u would think would warrant him enough to run that play as well.

But yeah, with Scott (no surprise)- he look good running the Jet sweep....Maybe give Kitt a shot too.

Looks like Scott/Williams is the combination this year!

Is Artavis Scott The Playmaker We've Been Looking For ??----

Sep 12, 2014, 4:25 PM

Ding..Ding..Ding..Ding! Uhh...hello...yah.

One of many that we have. Just have to get them polished.

No one can be Sammy or Spiller but being close to the
real deal will help as well.

Sep 12, 2014, 4:51 PM

Scott is a playmaker for sure. I think Kitt will be a dandy as well. Just hasn't had the playing time because of who he is behind. The QB'S should target the tightends in the FSU game alot more than they have in the other two games. I'm hoping that coach Morris puts it in the game plan. Jordan, JayJay, & Stanton let's go win!

Replies: 28
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic