Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: South Carolina State: By the Numbers
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 29
| visibility 1

New Story: South Carolina State: By the Numbers

Sep 7, 2014, 10:22 AM

South Carolina State: By the Numbers

With Clemson's dominating 73-7 win over SC State on Saturday, there were several interesting statistical oddities that came out of the game. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

93-44=49. Not 39

Sep 7, 2014, 10:32 AM

just sayin'

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Indeed!!***

Sep 7, 2014, 10:35 AM

I am constantly amazed by professional writers that submit

Sep 7, 2014, 11:11 AM

articles with errors. Does anyone proof read their work, or have it proof read by others? Or, are the proof readers incompetent? I still cannot understand how anyone, and I mean ANYONE, can think that," are " means,"Yours and mine",as in,"Our". Yet, there are several writers think so. Some of them even own the site.

Re: I am constantly amazed by professional writers that submit

Sep 7, 2014, 11:41 AM

Crump why are you letting non professionals right on are site..... I think Nikki did a good job on finding these numbers, and she wrote it while dripping sweat all over a keyboard because it was so hot yesterday. I am actually amazed that ANYONE, and I mean anyone, can read a story an only focus on a tiny error they see. But I asked Dan Foster about it once, and he said "those who can write do.. And those who don't are critics."

badge-seniorwriter.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

don't ever let the ######## get you down...

Sep 7, 2014, 11:46 AM

;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: the good news....

Sep 7, 2014, 11:57 AM

She has stopped bawling and her psychiatrist has called in some meds which I will be more than happy to take in two weeks... Lol

badge-seniorwriter.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

happy for you both; you know what i learned in skewl today?

Sep 7, 2014, 12:09 PM

sharing.

;)

man, i hope none of us need them after the doak experience.

fingers crossed.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: the good news....

Sep 7, 2014, 1:03 PM [ in reply to Re: the good news.... ]

Well, you will soon learn that women will cry over anything. And to fix this crying spell, give her a big Bear hug while telling her there are some awful people out there that don't appreciate nothing, and its their problem and not hers. Job well done with them confessing how sweet you are!!! :)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm suprised you even responded, David. Every time I've had

Sep 7, 2014, 2:33 PM [ in reply to Re: I am constantly amazed by professional writers that submit ]

a comment on one of your articles you have ignored it. Guess us critics are making progress with you. Before you know it, you may actually apply some of the feedback and be a better writer for it.

maybe you should make more of an impression?***

Sep 7, 2014, 2:38 PM

Sep 7, 2014, 7:23 PM [ in reply to Re: I am constantly amazed by professional writers that submit ]

I know, everyone's a critic, but you know what? He does have a point. There is definitely a need for editing at our beloved Tigernet. You guys hit me up if you want one. I've mentioned this before.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message.

The beauty of internet journalism is that you can ...

Sep 9, 2014, 11:59 AM [ in reply to Re: I am constantly amazed by professional writers that submit ]

... actually go back and fix little errors.

... if you care to.

It's sort of like the officials reviewing a play call on the field and going back and getting it right upon video review.

I think that's why print journalists (and game officials) of the past were more focused and accurate than their counterparts today.

Sep 11, 2014, 9:54 AM [ in reply to Re: I am constantly amazed by professional writers that submit ]

Y'all are doing a great job. I didn't mean to sound degrading. But, I can see where that comment was uncalled for. Sorry about that. I truly look forward to reading the great stories y'all put out, and appreciate the effort and time you put into it. I wake up with coffee and Tigernet, and it's the first thing I do when I have free time after work. As much writing as y'all do, you're bound to have errors from time to time. I apologize for pointing one out.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

True professionals are becoming harder to find.

Sep 7, 2014, 1:01 PM [ in reply to I am constantly amazed by professional writers that submit ]

Not just among writers, but in all professions.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Sep 7, 2014, 11:09 PM [ in reply to I am constantly amazed by professional writers that submit ]

get off your high horse - it's football not English class

You should create your own site called ClemsonPerfect.com

Sep 8, 2014, 12:09 AM [ in reply to I am constantly amazed by professional writers that submit ]

Where the people who are busting ### to get their fans material in a timely manner never make a single mistake.

Hey, it's a math error...

Sep 11, 2014, 9:58 AM [ in reply to I am constantly amazed by professional writers that submit ]

If us writers could do math, we'd be doing something else for a living that pays a lot more ...

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There is a general decline in literacy. Smart phones,

Sep 11, 2014, 10:50 AM [ in reply to I am constantly amazed by professional writers that submit ]

word processors and the internet have only accelerated it.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

63 Beat down on SC 73 beat down on SC State

Sep 7, 2014, 10:35 AM

lol

Re: 63 Beat down on SC 73 beat down on SC State

Sep 7, 2014, 2:54 PM

Yea, old Dabber, Shadrach and " V.D." got a lot
smarter from last Sat. at Jawga.

And Dabber got to take out his feelings of
humiliation about the W.VA. game on SC ST.

Now, you orange wearing fanatics talk a bunch
of junk until Sept. 20th, cause I'M afraid old
Dabber, Shadrach and " V.D." will suddenly become
real dumb again after that game.

Wow, you suck at trolling.

Sep 8, 2014, 12:10 AM

What was your major at SCar?

Yeah, I remember my first beer, too ...***

Sep 8, 2014, 7:11 AM [ in reply to Re: 63 Beat down on SC 73 beat down on SC State ]

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LOL. Hey old 0-21--worst in the SEC ever--and a loser to

Sep 8, 2014, 11:21 AM [ in reply to Re: 63 Beat down on SC 73 beat down on SC State ]

Clemson in the overall series-and a 1 time 1969 ACC champ--and no big bowl win boy--your team is not is good this year and it will show as the year rolls on.

GO TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I suspect Benedict College loved yesterday's game.

Sep 7, 2014, 10:38 AM

They lost by around 60 points to SCS the week before.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: South Carolina State: By the Numbers

Sep 7, 2014, 11:27 AM

The wording used in this article is very disrespectful to SC State and their program. Their young men were putting forth their best effort and for the writer to make inappropriate and illogical omparisons is very disrespectful.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 7, 2014, 12:03 PM

I have no idea what you're speaking of. Everything, as far as I can tell, is factual. SC St is simply not able to play at the level Clemson plays with. Take care.

Sep 7, 2014, 12:47 PM

And I would bet SCS knew going into it that they couldn't. Probably not a surprise at all to them other than some of the stats.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 7, 2014, 1:07 PM

But they got payed well for being a live practice squad for us.

Sep 7, 2014, 12:42 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: South Carolina State: By the Numbers ]

Wow! I guess the stats should be ignored then. I wonder it the Benedictine guys feeling were hurt at the beat down SCS put on them last week?

Replies: 29
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic