Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Plyler's Blog: Competition
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 2,998

Plyler's Blog: Competition

Sep 10, 2014, 6:00 AM

Competition

Competition
In the pre-season speeches I gave to Clemson clubs this year one of the main themes I hit on was that there were answers to the many questions that faced the Tigers this year –  I just didn't know who would be the answers.

At running back the Tigers are trying to replace anot

Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like Gallman over Choice. Choice seemed really slow

Sep 10, 2014, 8:08 AM

like he was running in mud and muck. Legs churning at 50mph but only going forward at 15 mph.

Gallman looked smooth and quick.

Going forward I want to see Davidson and Gallman get most of the carries with Fleming the short yardage guy (as long as his fumbling proves to be a one time deal).

Tell 'em coot

Sep 10, 2014, 8:10 AM

fno

Re: I like Gallman over Choice. Choice seemed really slow

Sep 10, 2014, 8:14 AM [ in reply to I like Gallman over Choice. Choice seemed really slow ]

wha wha what. lmao

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Choice looked slow??? You must have been watching a

Sep 10, 2014, 8:20 AM [ in reply to I like Gallman over Choice. Choice seemed really slow ]

different game than I was. While he may be a tad bit slower than Gallman, he hit the hole quicker than any RB we had Saturday IMO. It was quick decision and go which is what we need with our current OL. Any dancing is not going to amount to much yardage.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is what I saw as well***

Sep 10, 2014, 8:19 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

you must've been watching 22 not 26.......

Sep 10, 2014, 8:53 AM [ in reply to I like Gallman over Choice. Choice seemed really slow ]

choice is a little slower than gallman, but i wouldn't say he's "slow"............either way gallman and choice look much better than howard and davidson (although davidson not "bad")

Re: I like Gallman over Choice. Choice seemed really slow

Sep 10, 2014, 12:05 PM [ in reply to I like Gallman over Choice. Choice seemed really slow ]

At RB in this order:

Gallman
Davidson
Choice
Fleming

I would come up with a package on third and short that features Choice at QB with a BIG option (3 TE, Fleming as a big back) and can be ran as an option

If Fleming is fumble prone, he can't play. Just not worth

Sep 10, 2014, 8:21 PM

Risk

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If Fleming is fumble prone, he can't play. Just not worth

Sep 11, 2014, 8:55 AM

Give him a chance. He was stripped trying to make yards. Happens to everyone sooner or later.??

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If Fleming is fumble prone, he can't play. Just not worth

Sep 11, 2014, 9:12 AM

Fleming won't be getting carries any meaningful game that hasn't been decided. Dabo said as much Monday night. Said he was nowhere close to being ready for primetime. Said that he needs to be "polished" up a lot before he's ready. He's in on one short yardage/goal line package as a blocker and that is all right now. He's been outta the game a few years. He fumbled TWICE in limited snaps against a AA team. If that's not proof that he isn't ready, idk what is. I wholeheartedly believe he'll be a great short yardage, fullback type guy in the future, just not this season.

I saw the opposite. Choice looked better to me

Sep 10, 2014, 8:19 PM [ in reply to I like Gallman over Choice. Choice seemed really slow ]

Funny how people watching the same game can see two different things

Re: I saw the opposite. Choice looked better to me

Sep 10, 2014, 9:41 PM

I don't disagree. I just know Gallman has more playbook experience than Choice. I can say I agree about Fleming and fumbling. He is ineffective in my idea if he fumble-prone.

I just think that the look would confused and keep D-Coordinators guessing. Plus the RB at QB makes you stack the box and a TE with hops (McCullough or Leggett) could scoot behind bigger, slower players. And a two to three yard play becomes a 15-20 yard play. The reverse if they know the play with Fleming run blocking or shooting a gap.

*Hey Morris if you are reading this, you're welcome!*

Concerning QB's...I now prefer Watson. Period!

Sep 10, 2014, 8:15 PM

Love Cole but freshman is already his equal in many ways (except playbook) but most important is that DW has that specialness beyond years.

Either way Clemson wins. GoTiGERS!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replace CS with DW?

Sep 10, 2014, 8:48 PM

That's novel idea. :) Good to see you active here, Bill.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Concerning QB's...I now prefer Watson. Period!

Sep 10, 2014, 9:34 PM [ in reply to Concerning QB's...I now prefer Watson. Period! ]

I agree! If you ask me before Ga, I would say Cole hands down. But after two games, that DeShaun kid is ready!

Replies: 15
| visibility 2,998
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic