Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Kurt Fleming's punishing running style not an accident
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 30
| visibility 1

New Story: Kurt Fleming's punishing running style not an accident

Sep 9, 2014, 12:36 PM

Kurt Fleming's punishing running style not an accident

Clemson running back Kurt Fleming took a long and winding road to Clemson, but now that he's here he plans on taking advantage of his opportunity. Why is he such a physical player? How did his upbringing prepare him for this role? Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

well.... TNET had him starting at FSU up until his fumble

Sep 9, 2014, 12:43 PM

what an opportunity wasted

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

I agree. Bench all players who fumble or miss kicks

Sep 9, 2014, 12:50 PM

(even if it is in there first game) or throw an interception or drop a pass, as any football player who makes a mistake clearly has a problem (it's easy for us coach...er...uh...fans to spot it!). We should only play players who don't make any mistakes. Also fire all coaches when they lose a game, except T-net coaches of course.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

I don't think TNet cares about the fumbling

Sep 9, 2014, 12:51 PM [ in reply to well.... TNET had him starting at FSU up until his fumble ]

TNET likes the boom.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Reminds me of Chad Diehl's running style

Sep 9, 2014, 12:50 PM

Unfortunately, there is a price to be paid for that head down running style. Chad can no longer play the game. Let's hope Fleming follows a different path. Good luck, young man.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Except he's WAY faster***

Sep 9, 2014, 2:41 PM

Re: New Story: Kurt Fleming's punishing running style not an accident

Sep 9, 2014, 1:11 PM

Doesn't even bother explaining how getting drafted by the braves lands him at Clemson? I don't understand

Excellently written article. Thanks

Sep 9, 2014, 1:28 PM

I hope he gets more chances, that style has been missing for quite some time.

Sep 9, 2014, 1:35 PM

Seems like a good kid.

Certainly a good option in short yardage.

DON'T FUMBLE!

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Sep 9, 2014, 1:37 PM

How quickly everyone has forgotten Jamie Harper's fumble on his first carry against Alabama - that set the tone and probably cost us the game. Did we make a huge deal out of that? Did we quit using Harper because he fumbled? Geez Louise.

When everyone wakes up (and it looks like some people are seeing it), the BEST RB we have is sitting on the bench most of the game and is being used in mop-up duty. Forget the QB controversy (there should not even be one) and focus on what is important. We have virtually a non-existent running game. We COULD have one, if the right people wake up and finally put Fleming in the game in certain situations. This is almost too easy, but some people are just freaking hard-core untrainable.

When is the last time you truly experienced a CLEMSON RB that run OVER and THRU people?

It is now KURT FLEMING time.

He sure looked strong - but was it due to SCSU?

Sep 9, 2014, 1:49 PM

If he can manage that type of production against FBS level competition he may be a great short-yardage option. I would think the coaches have an idea of his abilities based on practice.

Another thing that may limit his time on the field is blocking; he seems like he'd be pretty good at it, but he may be a bit rusty having been out of organized football for 6 years.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He's a good runner, 230lbs and 4.4 40 yd times. I think

Sep 9, 2014, 2:42 PM

he's legit. given more time to learn the playbook he could be just like Toby Gerhardt from Stanford.

Yep. I also thought he's a Gerhardt (who was a 2nd rounder).***

Sep 9, 2014, 3:21 PM

He is one of the ones I'm most excited to see. I can't

Sep 9, 2014, 3:11 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Kurt Fleming's punishing running style not an accident ]

remember when we've had such a bruiser that could simply plow his way for yardage like him and equally as important, is the blocking ability he'll bring. I bet he won't fumble again or anytime soon.

Maybe Reggie Merriweather was the last such fast bruiser?***

Sep 9, 2014, 3:28 PM

Yes agreed but I think we have a bit more here***

Sep 9, 2014, 3:36 PM

go flemeister go !!!!!!!

Sep 9, 2014, 3:54 PM [ in reply to He is one of the ones I'm most excited to see. I can't ]

and maybe grab some elmer's glue before fsu.

other than his fumble, I loved the way this guy played

Sep 9, 2014, 2:40 PM

we need more physical guys like him. He laid a few great blocks in short yardage goalline runs too.

He's got great speed for such a big guy.

This is my favorite article of yours so far, Nikki

Sep 9, 2014, 3:19 PM

Thank you! Keep your head up and keep working, Kurt! You've got a bright future at Clemson.

Nice bio article! Admitted to West Point? Impressive.***

Sep 9, 2014, 3:30 PM

Go Kurt! LOVED his running!... except ball security (twice?)

Sep 9, 2014, 3:38 PM

If I remember correctly, on one of the runs before the fumble, there was another near fumbled. I think the fumble was a result of a really good strip after 1st contact. Clemson could really use a Toby Gerhardt type bruiser who can get the tough yards (and maintain ball security).

Go Kurt!

Sep 9, 2014, 3:43 PM

I've been screaming KURT FLEMING SINCE BEFORE JANUARY... I've been excited to see him. I hope Coach Morris keeps on putting him in the game. Especially on short yardage situations. If he breaks a tackle then LOOK OUT FOLKS. In open space he is pretty fast too. 1 Man Wrecking Crew

2024 free_orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Our country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any America because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race.

~Chesty Puller
Lt.General United States Marine Corps

Sep 10, 2014, 12:44 PM

I argued with some tigernet yahoos also about Fleming! If u can't see that this guy is a punisher and a factor, then you prob have never played the game. Just go look at his film. Come on Morris, u gonna keep cj and dj in the back field to protect your QB? And you have Kurt on the pines???? I'm not real happy with Morris and his non adjustment schemes against top ranked teams. We can only blame one man for the UGA loss. LET FLEMMING AND CHOICE PLAY!

Sep 9, 2014, 6:24 PM

We should be worrying less about Flemings fumble and worry about Stoudt's passing.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

9 carries, 1 fumble, -7 points. Keep it up!***

Sep 9, 2014, 6:29 PM

I'm All In For Kurt Flemming

Sep 9, 2014, 7:07 PM

Kurt did a great job blocking for DJ Howard on the first TD in the Georgia game. D.J and C.J. looked like rag dolls blocking against blitzing Georgia LB's. Put Kurt in to block for our QB but give him the ball on occasion to keep the defense honest.

Sep 9, 2014, 8:02 PM

Kurt reminds me of Larry Csonka.

Just re-watched his runs. Fumbles were (gulp) understandable

Sep 9, 2014, 9:22 PM

I just re-watched Fleming's runs. Most of them were impressive with good ball security (tight with 2 hands on the ball in traffic). His 2 fumbles were understandable... though when it comes to fumbles I don't think I could use the word "excusable".

On his first fumble there was a bad exchange. The camera cut in late so it was hard to tell whose fault but he never had a handle on it. 5th-string RB + 3rd-string QB + limited reps. Understandable.

On his 2nd fumble, he was pushing a pile of 2 defenders when a third one executed a beautiful strip. I’m not sure that the best D-1 DB/LB could have executed a better strip. I wouldn't want lose games because he gets stripped all the time, but it kinda seemed like one of those once-in-a-blue-moon perfect strips.

I don’t know what the coaches are seeing from Fleming in practice but the man was running over multiple defenders, and he even snapped one loose for 30 yards. Granted it was SCST. But if that guy isn't fumbling in practice, I'd love to see what he can do against better competition.

Sep 9, 2014, 9:51 PM

If funny how 1 mistake kill a thousand goods. This has the IT. More good things are to come you can take that to the bank. It doesn't matter who their playing. You don't see many players this day and time that has the IT.

Sep 9, 2014, 11:49 PM

Can U imagine Fleming and Choice in the backfield at the same time ? What a 1 2 punch.

Choice didn't impress me and his ball security was scary.***

Sep 11, 2014, 2:18 PM

Replies: 30
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic