Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Stoudt says Tigers will correct mistakes and be better for it
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 2,782

New Story: Stoudt says Tigers will correct mistakes and be better for it

Sep 6, 2014, 7:01 AM

Stoudt says Tigers will correct mistakes and be better for it

Clemson QB Cole Stoudt says he still feels confident in the team’s future. What does he say about Deshaun Watson? What does he say about the playbook now that Tajh Boyd is gone? Photo by Dale Zanine / US PRESSWIRE Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I pushed for Stoudt to start Last year. Stoudt just looked

Sep 6, 2014, 7:15 AM

more consistent then TB. But with the last of talent this team seems to have then it needs more than just a Stoudt. What is needs is a more versatile QB and that looks to be Watson. Watson could be better than a Michael Vick on the field--run and/or gun. Scramble and gun

not the "just have fun" line - it the WINNING that's fun

Sep 6, 2014, 7:21 AM

this concerns me

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: not the "just have fun" line - it the WINNING that's fun

Sep 6, 2014, 9:45 AM

That was great advice from a senior to a true freshman. Play loose, Have fun, good results will come.
What did you want him to say -hey boy its on you don't screw up?

The one that got too uptight was Chad.

No that, what Dabo says to the team in meetings.

Sep 6, 2014, 11:18 AM

Why are you here? To have fun. (According to the article.)

When Dabo first started he said the fun was in the winning. Now it sounds like we're going back to Tommy Bowden talk.

I doubt this is exactly as how I am interpreting it, but it still concerns me, because there are clearly times in big games when we are still not as mentally tough as the opposition - see the FSU and coot games last year, or heck, the last 5 (FIVE) coot games. Clowney and his boys knew they could mess with Tajh's head and they did. That was a quote by them.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: not the "just have fun" line - it the WINNING that's fun

Sep 6, 2014, 11:22 AM [ in reply to Re: not the "just have fun" line - it the WINNING that's fun ]

He's not talking about what stoudt said to Watson. He's talking about the same lines we heard last year from the team and coaches of it's just all about fun and having fun, and if you just have fun you'll win the game. Granted there needs to be a level of relaxation and looseness while playing but if a team goes out to have to much "fun" then they can lose focus and that leads to mistakes and blowout losses. That is it worries most when the fun talk starts up.

good job of the writer to bring that out.***

Sep 6, 2014, 10:44 AM [ in reply to not the "just have fun" line - it the WINNING that's fun ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It bothers me

Sep 6, 2014, 8:25 AM

that Morris never took responsibility for his part in the loss and put it all on the players. I thought Stoudt played well and made good throws, but it is up to the coordinator to set the QB up for success. Most fans seem to agree the play-calling was atrocious in the 2nd half. Morris not taking responsibility for that really shows a worrying level of arrogance.

Re: It bothers me

Sep 6, 2014, 8:43 AM

Really? Took no responsibility? I missed that.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don't care who starts.

Sep 6, 2014, 8:49 AM

But Watson needs to play a lot. I was surprised that we did not have a package of plays for him against uga. Plays that fit his duel threat skill set. In his interview CM asked him what play he wanted to run.

Re: It bothers me

Sep 6, 2014, 1:01 PM [ in reply to Re: It bothers me ]

My mistake. I looked back and found a clip I had missed. He did say that looking back he wished he had taken a shot or two. Sorry Morris. I do have criticisms, but I take that one back.

Replies: 10
| visibility 2,782
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic