Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Swinney addresses Priester dismissal, fans that want Deshaun Watson to start
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 60
| visibility 1

New Story: Swinney addresses Priester dismissal, fans that want Deshaun Watson to start

Sep 3, 2014, 8:51 PM

Swinney addresses Priester dismissal, fans that want Deshaun Watson to start

Dabo Swinney dismissed one of freshman wide receivers on Wednesday. What was the reason for the dismissal? Which Clemson DB is now doubtful for SC State and what does Swinney say to fans that think Deshaun Watson should start at QB? Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes all it takes is a little youthful perspective.***

Sep 3, 2014, 9:10 PM

Re: New Story: Swinney addresses Priester dismissal, fans that want Deshaun Watson to start

Sep 3, 2014, 9:12 PM

Not sure what to trust

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Re: New Story: Swinney addresses Priester dismissal, fans that want Deshaun Watson to start

Sep 3, 2014, 9:56 PM

I've lost faith in Dabo. He may be a good recruiter, but as a head coach, I just don't think he's got it. Sorry, just my opinion. Flame away.

Not gonna flame, just curious as to what you have to back

Sep 3, 2014, 9:59 PM

that up?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Not gonna flame, just curious as to what you have to back

Sep 3, 2014, 10:09 PM

I like Dabo, but a QB isn't playing great when you have negative 15 yards for the second half.

Sep 3, 2014, 10:15 PM

Didn't see Watson doing any better. The OL wasn't keeping the Dogs defense ogg the QB long enough for the receivers to get open or for the QB to set up. The OL has to stiffen up.

maybe but sometimes CS held on to the ball too long

Sep 4, 2014, 9:29 AM

and that also leads to some of the sacks. Hopefully that is being addressed this week as well

Sep 3, 2014, 10:27 PM [ in reply to Re: Not gonna flame, just curious as to what you have to back ]

Play calling lead to a lot of the problems, not to mention terrible field position.

Everyone remembers the 2nd half, not the 1st when we basically had our way with UGA's defense.

Sep 4, 2014, 6:07 AM [ in reply to Re: Not gonna flame, just curious as to what you have to back ]

Back when the Tampa Bay Buccaneers were a young team they had a quarterback, for a short time, named Steve Spurrier. After one particular miserable game, and there were many, Spurrier was asked about his performance. His comment was typical Spurrier, and I paraphrase, "I have always found it difficult to complete passes when I am laying on my back." His offensive line, as well as ours, needed to be better in protection. Trust me on the quote, I had the forgettable experience of watching the Bucs go through an 0-32ish start.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 3, 2014, 10:14 PM [ in reply to Not gonna flame, just curious as to what you have to back ]

A pattern of ongoing of embarrassing defeats. An inability
to develop of players, his stubborn defense of a mediocre strength program, his continued praise of mediocre players like DJ Howard, his inability to make effective half-time adjustments, etc., etc. I could go on. I really don't have to justify my opinion to you. I have my opinion, and I respect yours. And, we'll probably lose to Carolina again this year.

Sep 3, 2014, 10:25 PM

Well that's kind of what you do, you have an opinion and you back it up with facts and statistics. That's how you have a discussion.

You talk about these defeats, but not about 3 straight 10 win seasons, with wins over the likes of UGA, FSU, LSU, Ohio State, etc.

Inability to develop players? Beasley, Jarrett, Mcdowell, Tajh, Anthony, Shuey, Thomas, etc.

We weren't calling it a mediocre program when LSU and UGA players were dropping like flies, or when we held Mike Davis to a handful of yards.

I could go on like this, but I'll save you the head ache of figuring out how you're wrong.

Sep 3, 2014, 11:07 PM

Thank you, Tiggerz04, for having a brain and not falling into this imbecilic series of rants about Dabo. The truth is that the Clemson football program is now nationally recognized because of the success they've had under this apparently terrible coach. Oh, how I long for the days of 8-win seasons with no expectations..."better" coaches would lead us to that promised land. I'm depressed and embarrassed as he**, but please...Dabo haters...never miss a perfect chance to shut the he** up.

Sep 3, 2014, 10:39 PM [ in reply to Re: Not gonna flame, just curious as to what you have to back ]

> A pattern of ongoing of embarrassing defeats. An
> inability
> to develop of players, his stubborn defense of a
> mediocre strength program, his continued praise of
> mediocre players like DJ Howard, his inability to
> make effective half-time adjustments, etc., etc. I
> could go on. I really don't have to justify my
> opinion to you. I have my opinion, and I respect
> yours. And, we'll probably lose to Carolina again
> this year.

Slum dog is an accurate name for you!! What good are you doing. Do you think you are you helping the team with all these negative comments. Especially when they are not well thought and usually completely inaccurate/false. The football program is as good as it has ever been outside the 80's. Try a little support.

Sep 4, 2014, 12:42 AM

Amen! +1

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 4, 2014, 2:17 AM [ in reply to Re: Not gonna flame, just curious as to what you have to back ]

I'm beginning to think that slumdog is a chicken...

If so then............

GO AWAY DIRTPECKER!! AND WORRY ABOUT HOW YOU'RE GOING LOSE TO ECU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sep 4, 2014, 6:11 AM [ in reply to Re: Not gonna flame, just curious as to what you have to back ]

You are correct, Slumdog, you do have a right to your opinion regardless of how misguided it may be. Just check the results of two Auburn games, last years Georgia game, the LSU and Ohio State games, etc. I could go on and on but what is the purpose? Your negative mind is made up. You must be a joy to be around on a daily basis! As you say often, "just my opinion."

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 3, 2014, 11:17 PM [ in reply to Not gonna flame, just curious as to what you have to back ]

A conference championship, wins over Auburn, LSU , then over Ohio State, and a finish in the top 10, Dabo just doesn't have - is that right? Some arm chair QB's just don't make sense to me. But what do I know?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think Dabo has come a long ways since his hiring

Sep 4, 2014, 12:19 AM

He's made mistakes along the way, and there are still improvements that I think can be made. Roster management is one area, and I'm hoping that this class coming in is a sign that he's aware of it, and not a one year anomaly. I think we also have more improving to do in S&C as well, but that dept is now much better than it was when he was hired. I too, tire of hearing him pump up players that aren't producing, but that's who he is, and I can't see it changing. I also tire of seeing the humiliating double digit losses to teams we are supposed to be "on par" with. I think we're getting there though. Anyone who didn't know our OL could possibly be abused this past Saturday wasn't paying attention. That goes back to that horrible roster management along with a not so good recruiting philology as far as OL goes. No way should an OL be as thin as our ours was Saturday, and will be all season. I've always been one of Dabo's harshest critics, but I do think he is headed in the right direction.

^^^ Uhhh, I think we were double digit underdogs??^^^

Sep 4, 2014, 9:02 AM

Sep 4, 2014, 5:51 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Swinney addresses Priester dismissal, fans that want Deshaun Watson to start ]

No reason to flame away, Slumdog, when you make emotional comments without looking at the complete body of work. We all hate to lose but some of us look at the positives and try to replicate them while working very hard to correct the errors we made in the previous game or games. Your first thought is, and always has been, very negative. That's just you!! Perhaps you, as well as our team, need to work harder on your errors and mistakes.

Sep 4, 2014, 6:51 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Swinney addresses Priester dismissal, fans that want Deshaun Watson to start ]

Way off the mark.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 4, 2014, 7:43 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Swinney addresses Priester dismissal, fans that want Deshaun Watson to start ]

You have a right to your opinion, but, he is a CEO and based on the last few years of productivity, he would get a raise. Hope my employer doesn't lose faith in me over one bad week, would yours do that? Again, that's just my opinion.

Sep 4, 2014, 7:58 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Swinney addresses Priester dismissal, fans that want Deshaun Watson to start ]

mods take out the trash enough is enough with these Gamecock losers posing at Clemson fans.

null

Tell 'em capon

Sep 4, 2014, 8:21 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Swinney addresses Priester dismissal, fans that want Deshaun Watson to start ]

fooling no one

Sep 4, 2014, 9:22 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Swinney addresses Priester dismissal, fans that want Deshaun Watson to start ]

I agree. 18 million buyout. Lucky us. I guess I'm a coot since I want a coach who is actually qualified to make decisions. Hey Dan, I'm not qualified to run an offense so can I borrow the checkbook and pay someone whatever it takes to get someone good in here? By the way, same for defense. Sure I'll take a paycut cause I have no @&&@ clue. And I'll cheer really hard and get them all in church.
Isn't it ironic the only coach we can't afford to fire isn't qualified to devise a gameplan offensively or defensively. Therefore our football identity is gonna change with every oc we hire.

Sep 4, 2014, 9:24 PM

Tigers deserve the best!!!!!!!!!!!

Sep 3, 2014, 9:19 PM

Anyone care to venture a guess who the three media membrane were?

Nikki, David, and that other guy? ;)***

Sep 3, 2014, 9:39 PM

True story.....

Sep 3, 2014, 9:42 PM

Dabo laughed tonight and said he considers Nikki and myself to be one person because "y'all are married."

badge-seniorwriter.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: True story.....

Sep 3, 2014, 10:02 PM

That's really cute. Now how about creating a big, tough,
physical team---which we are not. I don't think he has a clue. He obviously has a knack for alienating players whom he then dismisses. We'll likely be humiliated at Fla. State, and lose to Carolina again. He and Batson need to leave together.

Re: True story.....***

Sep 3, 2014, 10:22 PM

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

Re: True story.....

Sep 4, 2014, 6:16 AM [ in reply to Re: True story..... ]

No, most of us would keep both Dabo and Batson, but maybe wave goodbye to you if you chose to leave. By the way, thanks for being a "paying contributor to Tigernet." Your comments fit your commitment!

Sep 3, 2014, 9:24 PM

Not to be accused to pump CLEMSON but GO TIGERS!!! 11 and 1. It is one game and the loss sticks but still can do great things. Beat the #####

Sep 3, 2014, 10:03 PM

Yeah, right. Maybe we can upset S.C. State.

How can even a #### be so dumb?

Sep 4, 2014, 11:02 AM

Swinney is behind only 7 FBS teams in wins since 2011. He's beaten FSU, VT, Auburn, UGA, and LSU. He has a league championship and a BCS, and is building the talent level to ensure more success in the future.

It's obvious you don't have a clue. Why do you try to pretend you do?

Sep 4, 2014, 8:01 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Swinney addresses Priester dismissal, fans that want Deshaun Watson to start ]

Something must upset you a lot, b/c nothing but chit comes from your mouth anytime you open it!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 6, 2014, 9:55 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Swinney addresses Priester dismissal, fans that want Deshaun Watson to start ]

Does your team play them? You don't seem to be much of a Clemson fan, so who is your team?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 3, 2014, 9:54 PM

Cole Stoudt is the starter for our Tigers, and Watson will remain the back up and will get some limited playing time in future games. Honestly, I haven't seen a thing that Cole has done that would warrant the loss of the starting position. He has work for it, and has earned the QB job. And even better, Watson knows its Cole's job, and he has no problems with waiting his turn just as Cole has done. We are in a great position at QB for a long time, and have more coming in next year.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 4, 2014, 4:24 PM

i totally agree. Specially 4 star QB Kelly Bryant from Wren High School. i went and seen him play last Friday he is going to be one of the special ones also like Watson. Im going tomorrow to watch him again play against T.L. Hanna

The imperial coach. That is what second terms and......

Sep 3, 2014, 10:04 PM

8 year 24 million dollar contracts create. He had better win or he will have 39% approval. Like someone else I know.

Re: The imperial coach. That is what second terms and......

Sep 3, 2014, 10:18 PM

What a great idea that 24 Million contract was. It's going to be a rough season.

Sep 4, 2014, 8:07 AM

Two #### lovers agreeing with one another that is cute.

null

Sep 4, 2014, 6:23 PM

...actually, those two are more like two ##### crowing at dusk...
everybody knows they're the ones hatched from cracked eggs and hope they don't figure out how to breed before they get their necks wrung...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 4, 2014, 8:37 PM [ in reply to Re: The imperial coach. That is what second terms and...... ]

I know, that's really special ain't it. And both are in on the same thread with a rotted chitten smell all over them. I guess this proves that Texans don't bury what they have slaughtered.

Tell 'em capon

Sep 4, 2014, 8:21 AM [ in reply to The imperial coach. That is what second terms and...... ]

very sad

Sep 4, 2014, 8:46 AM [ in reply to The imperial coach. That is what second terms and...... ]

Look at your pulse! Gee!

Sep 4, 2014, 4:31 PM [ in reply to The imperial coach. That is what second terms and...... ]

whatever. Dabo holds high standards when you play on his team. it could be like Georgia. Where you hear almost every week a player getting in trouble or getting arrested. He wants every player to act in a professional manner because they the ones that represent Clemson the most besides the coach on the athletic dept.

Mr. All Set

Sep 3, 2014, 10:10 PM

The guy who says "All Set" at the end of every clip. How do I get that job!?

Re: Mr. All Set

Sep 3, 2014, 10:28 PM

I'm beginning to think Dabo is the one with the "attitude" problem.

Sep 3, 2014, 10:43 PM

I'm thinking you should be ban like the freshman

Sep 4, 2014, 6:19 AM [ in reply to Re: Mr. All Set ]

Look in the mirror, Big Guy.

Sep 4, 2014, 12:15 AM [ in reply to Mr. All Set ]

you get a college degree and put in 37 years working in the sports information office.

What game did u watch sat Dabo?!

Feb 6, 2022, 3:25 PM

Why does Dabo lose to elite teams by double digits? (When he does lose. I admit his record is okay against elites, but not elite) 1.Because when the QB/offense starts to slide over the cliff, he doesn't call a timeout to refocus the group! He watches the train wreck & shakes his head. Tahj would lose his head & Dabo would watch the wheels fall off. To the point the cart fell apart! Take a timeout & pull their heads out of their butts! 2.He is loyal to a fault. Back to Tahj last year. A t/o followed by benching Tahj for a series vs FSU & Scar last year & those could have been wins! He is showing the same loyalty with Cole! Watson was slated for the two series he came in for. When he came in, Cole was already slowing down. Watson was Red Hot! You ride the hot hand until the flames go out!!! Add a couple more scores by Watson & the wheels may fall off for UGA! Cole gets a competitive edge & when he is called again he has a chip on his shoulder! The defense played great until the offense was so predictable that UGA was waiting on every play. 3 & out after 3 & out! No defense in America can hold up to that in that heat! 3. Dabo just flat gets out coached from time to time. Most games our talent is so superior it doesn't show up as much.
All that being said, Dabo has come a long way! I want to see him take that next step to become a GREAT coach. He is a good coach right now! A GREAT motivator & recruiter for sure! Just fix those small things like qb & game management. Learn when to call that t/o to avoid the offense sliding off a cliff. Make your offensive coordinator make adjustments at half time! Richt won that game by changing everything! The Chad changed nothing! No gameplan is perfect! Everyone knows halftime adjustments can be the difference in any game. Venerables makes great adjustments! Teach Chad how to change it up, even when you feel things are perfect the way they are! You can always go back to that original gameplan using a t/o!!! Nothing huge to change! I just hope Dabo learns those lessons so we can be in the playoff next year! Go Tigers!

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I sure hope Dabo reads these words of wisdom.

Sep 4, 2014, 5:47 AM

What do you do for a living? You could be earning millions as a college football coach.

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Re: What game did u watch sat Dabo?!

Sep 4, 2014, 8:08 AM [ in reply to What game did u watch sat Dabo?! ]

The enter key is your friend.

null

Swinney would help himself out with better phrasing

Sep 4, 2014, 8:44 AM

He repeatedly says that Cole has "earned" the starting spot. In my mind, this can mean different things: that Cole is the better player, or that Cole has put in the time and should start regardless of ability.

I *assume* that he means the former. But using the term "earned" can easily give the perception that Cole gets the job based on tenure rather than ability.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Swinney would help himself out with better phrasing

Sep 4, 2014, 5:55 PM

Exactly! I think it has to do with seniority or else DW would have stayed in the game after he fired up the team with his spectacular touch down pass

Sep 4, 2014, 1:25 PM

Here's a thought: Don't call a game not to lose, call the game with agressive play calling to win. Don't just blame the players. Also got out coached also.

Sep 4, 2014, 6:56 PM

Everybody wants to blame the play callin but when u start inside the 20 every time it's hard to open your playbook wide open and in those situations you are limited to the amount and type of plays you can run

Sep 4, 2014, 8:47 PM

Don't run it every down, sling it down field so that only our guys can get to it, or throw it away. In a whole half, one of our guys has to be there to catch one or two of them. When a team knows you're not going to risk throwing it, they are going to also make ### sure you're not going to run it. Sling it out there and loosen them up....

Replies: 60
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic