Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Clemson WR dismissed from team
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 64
| visibility 1

FB Update: Clemson WR dismissed from team

Sep 3, 2014, 7:01 PM

Clemson WR dismissed from team

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FB Update: Clemson WR dismissed from team

Sep 3, 2014, 7:02 PM

2 weeks ago he was praising him for his maturity.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 3, 2014, 7:05 PM

Not sure what to think about that. I guess we'll never know though.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dabo doing his job...

Sep 3, 2014, 7:07 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Clemson WR dismissed from team ]

GO TIGERS !!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And it's so rare for 19yo to revert back to immaturity***

Sep 3, 2014, 7:27 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Clemson WR dismissed from team ]

Sep 3, 2014, 9:06 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Clemson WR dismissed from team ]

Guess he must have done something extremely immature.

Sep 4, 2014, 12:29 AM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Clemson WR dismissed from team ]

And this week he is listed as 3d string on depth chart for SC State game. Now that there could have been the reason and the cause he blew up on CDS....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 4, 2014, 5:23 PM

I expect you're right. These guys want on the field, and when they don't earn it some get mouthy or say things that fly in the face of our program. I hope he learns that he closed this door on himself.

Good, we don't need that.

Sep 3, 2014, 7:03 PM

Go Tigers

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don't need what?***

Sep 3, 2014, 7:19 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bad attitudes and selfishness.***

Sep 4, 2014, 6:13 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Re: Don't need what?***

Sep 4, 2014, 7:53 AM [ in reply to Don't need what?*** ]

We only have an idea that he had a bad attitude. Dabo didn't go off on him. Wouldn't you think there must have been some pretty intense attitude displayed for Dabo to get rid of him that quickly? I would bet Priester earned his dismissal.

Seriously? Wow. Must be pretty ticked

Sep 3, 2014, 7:03 PM

AH got all the playing time instead of guys like him. With that said, I completely stand behind the decision of the guy running this team and I think we won't miss a beat with the guys we have and are bringing in next season.

Message was edited by: cmj2086®

Re: Seriously? Wow. Must be pretty ticked

Sep 3, 2014, 7:11 PM

probably found out he was being redshirted, though just a guess.

Re: Seriously? Wow. Must be pretty ticked

Sep 3, 2014, 7:32 PM

That's what I was thinking also.

Earlier today some posts hinted at this. Too bad for all concerned

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What did they say? Any details regarding the actual incident

Sep 3, 2014, 7:06 PM

????

Re: What did they say? Any details regarding the actual incident

Sep 3, 2014, 7:30 PM

Unless he did something terrible, I don't understand why he couldn't be suspended for his attitude. This is a terrible start to a new season. :(

Sep 4, 2014, 7:56 AM

Not really. If guys are not going to be all in the staff doesn't want them around the others, and I would imagine the players don't want it either. Dabo didn't kick him off the team for something minor.

Sep 4, 2014, 6:44 AM [ in reply to What did they say? Any details regarding the actual incident ]

I am sure it was more than one incident.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I hope it's more than a bad attitude.

That sounds like a coach's ego thing. I'm sure it was much worse than it sounds.

Yes, Dabo let his ego get in the way of this young man's...

Sep 3, 2014, 8:41 PM

...future.

### is wrong w/ you people.

Do you really think Dabo would air the complete dirty laundry? At any point has he shown to be that type of guy?

There's no such thing as a stupid question, just stupid people who ask questions.

^^^needs meter calibrated***

Sep 3, 2014, 9:05 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Yes, Dabo let his ego get in the way of this young man's...

Sep 4, 2014, 8:00 AM [ in reply to Yes, Dabo let his ego get in the way of this young man's... ]

Absolutely! I guarantee you that something was said/done by this kid that went over the line for Dabo to have taken this step. Dabo has no history of being the kind of man who would hurt a kid's life for something minor.

Good luck at Louisville.***

Sep 3, 2014, 7:08 PM

Morris:"Are you part of the problem or part of the solution"***

Sep 3, 2014, 7:09 PM

George Campbell, come on down! Freed a scholly for you.***

Sep 3, 2014, 7:09 PM

Sep 3, 2014, 7:10 PM

Bad attitude? Really? Kelly recieved suspensions and warnings. I hope Priester a 4* we recruited hard for, went to JC, and didn't play saturday displayed more than a bad attitude. I understand 0 tolerance and running a tight ship but everyone gets discouraged, its human. I'm sure there is more to it that must be kept in-house

Sep 3, 2014, 7:26 PM

Kelly was on the team for 2 years. Not 2 months.

What in the Wide Wide World Of Sports

Sep 3, 2014, 7:11 PM

Is going on with this football team? It appears as if we are falling apart at the seams. This is not good. Kyrin is a good WR and we WILL NEED HIM... This cannot be a permanent decision for Dabo. Maybe he is just scaring the kid straight. We do not need him transferring to a team like SCAR or FSU... We will regret it if we do. So what the kid had a bad day. We all have bad days, and everyone is entitled to second chances. We can blame the SwAgG monster for this one. He gave Chad Kelly so many chances that he will not take the risk of having a bad apple in the bunch. So there you have it folks. Good luck Kyrin, I was looking forward to watching you play this season.

Our country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any America because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race.

~Chesty Puller
Lt.General United States Marine Corps

Good Lord son, calm down

Sep 3, 2014, 7:29 PM

A redshirt freshman being dismissed from the team is hardly falling apart at the seams. He was a clearly a cancer to the team.

Re: Good Lord son, calm down

Sep 3, 2014, 8:09 PM

Cancer of the attitude can be serious to;)Give him Chemotherapy over night, and him start him on Saturday!!!

Message was edited by: allorangeallthetime52®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What in the Wide Wide World Of Sports

Sep 3, 2014, 10:24 PM [ in reply to What in the Wide Wide World Of Sports ]

Huh?

It's not a doom and gloom. One player got dismissed. Lol.

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

A "bad attitude?"

Sep 3, 2014, 7:16 PM

Good grief. I hope there's a long story behind this.

He's a freshman. Teach him, FFS.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm sure there's more to it. Knowing Dabo he'll keep it in

Sep 3, 2014, 7:21 PM

house and won't hurt the kid's image to bad so that he has a second chance somewhere else.

Re: I'm sure there's more to it. Knowing Dabo he'll keep it in

Sep 3, 2014, 7:30 PM

I was thinking the same thing when I read "lack of respect for authority". I also feel like Mike bellamy, joe craig, and chad kelly also may have put a bad taste in Dabos mouth for underclassmen wit bad attitudes

Or, this kid pushed it quicker and further than those guys.

Sep 3, 2014, 8:43 PM

Why is this such a shocking thing to you guys?

History shows, if given a way to give a kid another chance - Dabo obviously would do so.

Obviously, this kid did something(s) way over the line and the quick axe was given.

There's no such thing as a stupid question, just stupid people who ask questions.

Re: Or, this kid pushed it quicker and further than those guys.

Sep 4, 2014, 8:05 AM

Absolutely correct! What is wrong with some on here?

Sep 3, 2014, 7:31 PM [ in reply to I'm sure there's more to it. Knowing Dabo he'll keep it in ]

That's exactly right. I'm sure there's plenty that was kept in house and Dabo will give second chances -- we've seen that in the past. Giving all the details of the situation will only hurt Kyrin moving forward and bring unwanted attention to the program during the season.

I really liked Priester and his talent, however, if there's one thing we have no issues with, it's recruiting recievers. Deon Cain, get ready, no red shirt for you.

Sep 3, 2014, 8:13 PM

I really don't think there is a Red Shirt waiting on Deon Cain to begin with.

Sep 3, 2014, 8:17 PM [ in reply to I'm sure there's more to it. Knowing Dabo he'll keep it in ]

Spot On, he will not throw his players under the bus if all possible. He'll protect them to the end, if the opportunity presents itself.

Rumor has it He was arrested this morning for domestic violence, and that he beat up some chic.

Leonard T Washington said it best.

Sep 3, 2014, 7:27 PM

g-g-g-g-g-goodbye!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Meanwhile......

Sep 4, 2014, 1:41 AM

In Tallahasee bimbo fisher hasn't suspended crabboy winston for stealing crab legs...

I would agree with this if we had beat UGA but l

But we need all the skills people we can have*

DABO DON'T PLAY. PERIOD.

Sep 3, 2014, 7:40 PM

See USuC and Stephen Carkeya for what you get with a coach who does play.

Dabo did the right thing.

Re: DABO DON'T PLAY. PERIOD.

Sep 4, 2014, 12:00 AM

I think Dabo has shown some leniency a time or two. However, i agree he is probably doing the tight thing here. There was talk from some schools that the kid was a potential problem during his recruitment. Dabo gave him his shot. Sounds like he blew it. When you have a reputation for a bad attitude it's not a good idea to give that attitude to the guy who took a chance on you and gave you a great opportunity to prove people wrong.

This makes

Sep 4, 2014, 12:08 AM

How many dismissals during his tenure now?

Um...Depth Just Took A Hit Now ----

Sep 3, 2014, 7:43 PM

Will TJ Green return to offense?
May now have to have Jordan Legget
play another role to compensate.

Not really***

Sep 3, 2014, 8:54 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Worst case trevion loses his redshirt***

Sep 3, 2014, 10:35 PM [ in reply to Um...Depth Just Took A Hit Now ---- ]

Depth at receiver is the least of our issues.

Sep 4, 2014, 12:39 AM [ in reply to Um...Depth Just Took A Hit Now ---- ]

That's just more time for artavis.

My goodness ppl calm the H3ll down!!

Sep 3, 2014, 7:49 PM

I have never seen ppl get so worked up about a kid being dismissed, all this depth and talking crazy is non sense... The kid was good but if you watch or follow Clemson football for 5 minutes you would know we are fine at WR, "falling apart" I really hope that was a joke, he prob wasn't gonna play much this year anyways we have a bunch of talent ahead of him and getting two guys next year that def won't RS... I promise the sun will rise tomorrow everything is gonna be ok lol!!!!

Sep 3, 2014, 7:52 PM

"We need him" no the eff we don't. A bad attitude is poisonous to a team. Especially after a loss. The difference between recovery and a continual downfall. And I don't know the details so I could be wrong, only speaking from personal experience

Sep 3, 2014, 8:09 PM

What I don't understand is the guys on here that think that they know what goes on on the inside of this program. Maybe he has been like this since he signed earlier this year maybe not who knows but Dabo and the coaches. I can tell you one thing and that is Dabo don't play the attitude game with his guys and its his way or the highway. I am sure it was more than a talking back thing like some of you want to think, it had to be much worse than that. As far as worried he is going to go to some other team and just be some kind of receiving machine is laughable considering he couldn't even get on the field this past Saturday even though other freshmen played.I know some of you can't get past that half empty glass sitting in your way and its like that whether the Tigers win or lose. You know the Tigers win and their going to the National Championship and if they lose my God fold the tents lets go home and oh yeah turn the lights out please. Relax, as if me telling ya makes a difference, I am pretty sure Dabo has this thing under control. But some of you would like to take a bullet to the head than use common sense good grief get a grip calm down losing a hot head freshman that can't get out of his own way, cares more about himself than his team, and has no respect for authority. People forget one thing when it comes to Dabo he isn't just going to make good football players he is trying to make good men and if you aren't willing to be apart of that process not only do you set that example by releasing him but you show the others that this isn't a thug program. If you want a thug program you go 100 miles to the east. I know some of you say oh he is just a kid and to that I say my behind he knows right from wrong he knows how to make good judgement and he chose not to. So to you Kyrin I wish you nothing but the best but yous gots to go...

Sep 3, 2014, 8:40 PM

Thug? Really? Because he's black and has a bad attitude he's a thug?

When I was an 18 year old freshmen at Clemson I almost flunked out because I was partying too much, not disciplined, and probably had a bad attitude. But I'm white, so I was just a kid being a kid.

The same could apply to Kyrin. Maybe he's just ultra competitive and has never had to sit the bench in his life. Either way, unless you hear about him mugging or robbing someone, I wouldn't classify him a thug.

Video link to dismissal comments here...

Sep 3, 2014, 8:29 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujxDA9VsQG4&t=2m42s

Really!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)***

Guys...

Sep 3, 2014, 9:01 PM

Hate to see the kid go, but I personally wasn't too thrilled when he flipped from NC State to us. It was good pickup from an opponent but I feel as though we could've taken someone better (ask gamecock fans about Marquez North). He wasn't going to play significant minutes this year and I think I saw him on special teams against UGA.

If we can hold on to Deon Cain and Ray Ray McCloud then I believe we won't miss a beat by losing Kyrin. Not to mention now we can take Trevion Thompson off redshirt and play him, a big bodied WR with Mike Williams like skills.

It is not the end of the world, calm down.

Sep 3, 2014, 9:12 PM

Domestic is what I've heard too. Just rumor though. Word on campus

Sep 3, 2014, 9:16 PM

IF what I've heard is true, good move for the program.

Sep 3, 2014, 9:17 PM

We put a man in Dabo to take Clemson to the next level. We should trust our coach to take the right decisions that are for the betterment of the program. A cancer in the clubhouse can ruin a season very quickly. It's time to salvage what we have left and move on.

Sep 3, 2014, 9:29 PM

When confronted went NUTZ

Did a Bald Bouncer by any chance throw him off the Stage?

Sep 4, 2014, 6:41 AM

Steeeeeeeeeeeeveeeeeeeeee!!
haha
Good times!

Replies: 64
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic