Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: No Excuses
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

New Story: No Excuses

Sep 2, 2014, 4:47 PM

No Excuses

Defensive coordinator Brent Venables didn't offer excuses during his Tuesday meeting with the media, and his answers regarding the loss at Georgia - in the including the decisive fourth quarter - were blunt and to the point. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

someone forgot to tell him this was a transition year***

Sep 2, 2014, 4:49 PM

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

Is a "transition year" the same thing as a rebuilding year***

Sep 2, 2014, 4:51 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

it's all in the verbage.... but regardless, you better call

Sep 2, 2014, 4:52 PM

it after the first game

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

Wow, some loosen up those panties a little bit York

Sep 2, 2014, 5:01 PM

I'm worried you're going to lose circulation to your legs.

Re: Is a "transition year" the same thing as a rebuilding year***

Sep 2, 2014, 8:38 PM [ in reply to Is a "transition year" the same thing as a rebuilding year*** ]

I don't know. I'm not fluent in "coach-speak."

You're fluent in suckx... Keep it up...***

Sep 2, 2014, 10:13 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: someone forgot to tell him this was a transition year***

Sep 2, 2014, 7:37 PM [ in reply to someone forgot to tell him this was a transition year*** ]

Can't keep using excuses every year. How many think we won last year b/c of their injuries?

Re: someone forgot to tell him this was a transition year***

Sep 2, 2014, 8:37 PM [ in reply to someone forgot to tell him this was a transition year*** ]

It's hard for any defense to hold up in the 4th quarter when you had no support whatever from an anemic offense
highlighted by a pathetic Ol. I just can't lay this on our D. Why are we paying coaches millions or hundreds of thousands who can't even realize that our two tackles (Battle and Gore)are both playing at least 35 pounds below their effective playing weight. Of course they wilted in the second half. No one realized this in the off season? What are we paying Batson for? Our strength program and player-develop is at best mediocre. I don't think Dabo has a clue about this. We are just not, as yet, the big, strong, tough team we need to be. Our vaunted tight ends were totally absent, and Legett still can't (or won't) block even though he up to 250. And if anyone mentions DJ Howard as anything more than a non-entity as a RB, I think I'll question their sanity. Ok, so flame away. the truth hurts. This game was a learning experience? To me it was yet another humiliation on national TV. Another of these at FSU, and we may start losing some recruits.

It's not that you're completely wrong... It's just that you

Sep 2, 2014, 10:15 PM

completely suck....

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You can count on Brent to lay it out there.

Sep 2, 2014, 4:54 PM

I'm waiting to hear a "half the teams in football lost this week" argument from others.

Re: You can count on Brent to lay it out there.

Sep 2, 2014, 5:14 PM

or "We will it fixed"....quote Kevin Steele

Re: You can count on Brent to lay it out there.

Sep 2, 2014, 8:41 PM [ in reply to You can count on Brent to lay it out there. ]

You'll hear any manner of BS from the thought police on this site.

Here's a thought..... you suck.***

Sep 2, 2014, 10:16 PM

Re: New Story: No Excuses

Sep 2, 2014, 6:40 PM

I like his point. He cares about every play. Win r lose.

Sep 2, 2014, 7:43 PM

agree, not wrong him being disgusted with the 4th qtr performance.

Sep 2, 2014, 7:33 PM

Can't keep using excuses every year. We have players, we have athletes, condition them. It's mindset. O-Line and D-Line is the key to beating SEC or a strong opponent

Sep 2, 2014, 8:47 PM

But if you question our strength program and player development, you are going to get flamed. Even Dabo thinks our strength program is great. To even question that fount of wisdom is off-limits. But wait, didn't we just get stomped by a big physical UGA team? I just hope we can upset S.C. State.

Sep 2, 2014, 9:13 PM

What happens when you practice in a/c building and then have to play outside. Tigers were in poor condition to face Ga. Can get away with that against SC State, Wake, et al.

Re: Practice in a building

Sep 3, 2014, 12:58 AM

Georgia has an indoor facility too. And if you kept up with the daily reports you would have seen the days that the Tigers practiced outside, including the days at Jervey Meadows.

With all his success, his highest salary was $25,000 a year. The president of the university, Dr. R. F. Poole, feared that professors who earned less would be upset. "He called me up and said that he didn't want me to tell anybody what I made," Howard once said. "I said: 'Doc, you don't have to worry. I'm as ashamed as you are of what you pay me.' " - Frank Howard Obituary, New York Times, 01/27/1996

Sep 2, 2014, 11:16 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: No Excuses ]

You make some good points, but rein in this 'upset SC State' business.
I understand exaggeration to make a point, but that's hysterical nonsense.
To say 'we have a lot to fix' is a gross understatement. I know. Our coaches need to make some hard decisions and show some flex-a-friggin-ability! Play to win or sit down please.
All the same, I'm not inconsolable and far from ready to throw anyone under the bus at this point…maybe Howard…sorry DJ.
We have a young team, heavy losses, and nearly all preseason projections listed and expected many of the weaknesses we saw Saturday. Combine all of that with suspended players, Cooper's untimely injury, a revenge-maddened nasty dog pit at Sanford Stadium and that all but supernatural special teams debacle. That we held on until the 4th is remarkable and evidence that we have the makings of a #### good team here.
We lost. It sucks.
We outplayed them for a half. Then ol' scratch himself shows up, the scent of sulphur everywhere. By the 4th quarter, our beloved Tigers couldn't withstand the relentless pressure of opposite momentum.
Our Beloved Tigers!!!!

Cricket Chirp Temperature Formula:
Number of Chirps per 14 seconds + 40 = Approximate Temperature

UGA killed on toss-sweeps BOTH years. No excuse for that.***

Sep 2, 2014, 9:33 PM

that starts with poor play by the DE's, they must contain

Sep 3, 2014, 8:50 AM

but they didnt. Then it moves to the OLB, and then to the CB. All of those guys must play well to stop the toss sweeps or the zone stretch plays.

Sep 3, 2014, 6:38 AM

I like his candor and responsibility.
And the fact he says there is a lot of coaching to do.

His side of the ball should pound SC State this Saturday

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic