Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Morris: "Are you part of the problem or part of the solution?"
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 71
| visibility 1

New Story: Morris: "Are you part of the problem or part of the solution?"

Sep 1, 2014, 1:31 PM

Morris: "Are you part of the problem or part of the solution?"

Offensive coordinator Chad Morris didn't mince words Monday morning in the WestZone, saying he didn't want his players pouting or complaining in the aftermath of Saturday's loss. Will Wayne Gallman and Adam Choice get more of a look? Would he change his play calling knowing what he knows now? Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What is the deal with Leggett?

Sep 1, 2014, 1:33 PM

He was supposed to be new man mentally from his own mouth and that of coaches. Now he's running lazy routes again? In a key, big game????

Re: What is the deal with Leggett?

Sep 1, 2014, 2:05 PM

It wasn't his routes. It was his hands... He had dropped passes.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Our country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any America because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race.

~Chesty Puller
Lt.General United States Marine Corps

how the hell can he sit there

Sep 1, 2014, 2:07 PM

And say stout played well? How can they say howard ran well? After stouts pic he threw he looked scared. ...and howard well theres a reason he hasnt been the starter yet and it showed sat...Watson is ready I dont wanna hear that bs of cole is a senior. ..cole is slow as hell and if you could not see that sat then your blind.

Re: how the hell can he sit there

Sep 1, 2014, 2:54 PM

OMG, he's still talking about DJ Howard as a legitimate RB. Is this some sort of obsession?

Obsession. That is the word I've been looking for. A coot

Sep 1, 2014, 3:06 PM

whose team got stomped by the Aggies still obsessed with the Tigers. Wow, that's a novelty.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Obsession. That is the word I've been looking for. A coot

Sep 1, 2014, 3:09 PM

As long as DJ howard plays I'm not going to the games. I can't support this

Sep 1, 2014, 3:28 PM

BaBa
That was a great post. Really Morris and Dabo should be suspended from Clemson if Howard ever starts a game. It seems that every fan can see that Howard is a dude expect these two idiots.

Sep 1, 2014, 3:35 PM [ in reply to Re: Obsession. That is the word I've been looking for. A coot ]

Good. We don't want you there.

We won't miss you

Sep 2, 2014, 9:48 AM [ in reply to Re: Obsession. That is the word I've been looking for. A coot ]

Hth

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

You mean last year? He said it was due to laziness

Sep 1, 2014, 2:36 PM [ in reply to Re: What is the deal with Leggett? ]

And now Morris is saying he didn't run his route well. He was "lazy" about it.

He also didn't block well. When I paid attention to him - maybe only twice - he hardly touched his guy. Maybe someone who watches the tape closely can confirm, but I think McCullough was by far the better blocker. And Seckinger may be the best when Cooper is out.

Re: New Story: Morris: "Are you part of the problem or part of the solution?"

Sep 1, 2014, 1:47 PM

I think we just need to go all "Aggies like" down in Tallahassee!!

What say you??

It CAN be done!!!

Go Tigers!!!

Sep 1, 2014, 2:04 PM

Your a bit too optimistic..

Its ok to still be optimistic but that's a bit too much.

FSU is a different animal than UGA.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 1, 2014, 3:52 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Morris: "Are you part of the problem or part of the solution?" ]

After what I saw saturday night, the only wan we can play like Texas AM did against the gamecocks is if Florida State never showed up for the game...

BOLD PREDICTION:

Sep 1, 2014, 4:18 PM

1. SC State is going to start embarrassing us next week.

2. The young bucks will make their way onto the field and even though it's SC State they will impress.

3. By halftime of the FSU game we will have a new QB. Nothing against Cole but there is a distinct gap there.

4. We will beat the Coots.

5. Morris will move on after the season, and our new OC will actually be able to execute a game plan and MAKE CHANGES AS NEEDED DURING A GAME.

6. Our 2015 class is the future and they will make it into the playoffs before they leave...possible NC shot.

Re: BOLD DECARATION

Sep 2, 2014, 8:07 PM

You are a moran.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 1, 2014, 8:10 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Morris: "Are you part of the problem or part of the solution?" ]

Well, they could lose b/c they didn't want to be there and had no interest in playing us. That's what will be said if we do pull off a win at FSU anyway.;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 1, 2014, 4:55 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Morris: "Are you part of the problem or part of the solution?" ]

well next game they will put up 50 on state and coaches will declare everything fixed ; just think we are a 9-3 or with a upset loss we are 8-4 which is expected ;I hope not but reality says most likely

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 1, 2014, 1:55 PM

" don't fix whats not broken".

I agree but you have to alter it. He had to know Pruett Would try something different. If morris thought 1st half plan would work just the same then he hasn't exactly figured out the caliber of some DCs he will see and have seen.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 1, 2014, 2:15 PM

The facts are that our guys didn't make the plays in the 2nd half and theirs did.

^^^^^This!^^^^^***

Sep 2, 2014, 8:09 PM

Losing Is Not The Issue.. The Way We Lose Is ----

Sep 1, 2014, 2:18 PM

Got to continue to teach pass
protection to the young RBs..
that's your job. Could have let
them do what they do well..and
some of those very things that
you can't teach will just naturally
come out and help us big time.

If other defenses load the box, then
either spread them out and drill
them with the pass or run...or...
get tight and release some folks
out so you can get them the ball.

We came out in that first half
like we were going to blow those
dudes out. Gurley's kickoff return
just put the lead in our bloodstream
and that thing was not supposed to
happen that easily. Our killer
instinct just left us in the
second half.

Sep 1, 2014, 2:19 PM

Without a power rush game, Morris's HUNH hurts the D big time. It is true, blast away, but his offense minus a great run game and plenty of 3 outs kills the D.

Sep 1, 2014, 2:27 PM

You can't leave the defense on the field that long. This offensive scheme works when you're getting 1st down but when you're not you're putting your defense in a hell of a bad spot.

Sep 1, 2014, 2:24 PM

Stoudt can be a great player - in the NFL. We don't have the OL to support a pocket passer. Within Morris' scheme, Watson would be Dantzler on steroids. But everyone always loves the backup QB. Stick with Stoudt if that's your plan but shuffle the playbook man! That's why we lost.

We didn't have our O-line for this game due to suspensions.***

Sep 2, 2014, 8:10 PM

Sep 1, 2014, 2:35 PM

Winners make plays, Loosers make excuses. Only hear excuses from our OC. 1 or 2 first downs in the whole 2nd half. We know what the problem is and anytime we play a good DC it shows it self. Poor play calling and poor adjustments.

Sep 1, 2014, 3:17 PM

Is Morris a full time coach? He sure acts like a part time coach. He is always complaining about what players cannot do. If he is a full time coach he should be teaching guys how to pass protect. What is this junk about players losing confidence if they play to early. These guys are not new to playing football. I would rather see Gallman or Choice making mistakes than Howard running for two yards. Coach and teach, earn your outrageous salary!

Sep 1, 2014, 6:01 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Morris: "Are you part of the problem or part of the solution?" ]

You are an idiot!! Do you remember our offense before Morris? We lost the fame because they are a better team! Not 24 points better but it got away from us. #### like that happens.

Sep 1, 2014, 8:38 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Morris: "Are you part of the problem or part of the solution?" ]

That 3d and 8 call with a QB run up the middle when we were back up only showed fear from Chad to call a pass play backed up. To me, that showed no trust in the offense, and it was that way the whole 2nd half. Cole or nobody else will play good if Morris cause them to play tight from not trusting them to ball out. Turn them loose and let them go for it, win or lose. We're going to lose playing tight and cautious anyway. Play what you practiced to play, and don't hold them back b/c of a few busted or bad plays that happen in the first half. I bet they never practice to prevent a mistake offense. Drop the reins and let them go, and they will find a clear path to go. They can't and won't get into a rhythm by holding them back....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 1, 2014, 2:39 PM

"Don't try fix something that ain't broke"?

How many three-and-outs does it take before Chad realizes his play calling is broken?

Sep 1, 2014, 2:46 PM

Umm, that "don't broke..." Quote was from halftime. That was before our offense began to sputter. I was surprised we didn't see more from TEs. Hopefully we were just keeping hem under wraps until FSU

You can call anything but the fact is that players have got

Sep 1, 2014, 3:29 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Morris: "Are you part of the problem or part of the solution?" ]

to execute or maybe the same coaches didn't coach the 2nd half.

Sep 1, 2014, 2:45 PM

I think our QB and center need to watch film together. Most times than not they aren't seeing it the same way. Reading coverage packages of the other team is just as important as execution. What seem to happen in the second half was no counter to their schemes and packages. And when you can figure that out, you are done no matter what you call.

The second thing that should have happen in the third quarter was we should have started with Watson running some QB choice options. Then unleash the deep ball. They were getting pressure with the front four when we passed the ball the majority of the game. But that is how the offense is built. It takes away their speed because they have to think. When every time you run a play it is direct plays, the DC nor his players have to think. We got away from that formula because of "field position."

Finally, don't become conservative if it seems we are putting our defense in a difficult spot. Chunk it down the field. Call bold plays!!! We can't be afraid of 3rd and 10 if we aren't getting anything on first and second down. Just my take from watching....

Sep 1, 2014, 8:54 PM

That's part of the solution, DON'T be afraid!!!

Chad your refusal to play the young backs is

Sep 1, 2014, 2:45 PM

Part of the problem.

James Davis not only played but carried the load as a true freshman.

Not saying start them but let them run the ball for Pete's sake. We need them. It is obvious.

I'd take our lumps for the future over a faith year back "who does well at times". And I am sure our young backs understand they are young and being thrown into a mans game. The way you are defending your bad decision is pure B$!

Re: Chad your refusal to play the young backs is

Sep 1, 2014, 2:46 PM

Fith year back....darn auto correct.

Agree 100%. Gotta play these young dynamic backs

Sep 1, 2014, 9:16 PM [ in reply to Chad your refusal to play the young backs is ]

If you haven't cracked the two deep in 5 years (Howard) it usually means you're not very good. With that said, I saw FRESHMAN Nick Chubb screw up a couple times the other night. Didn't seem to hurt his confidence as he was dragging our DBs in for a TD. Get Choice ready. Get Fuller ready. Get Thompson ready. Play them if they're that good.

2012_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sounds great until one fumbles the ball deep in UGA

Sep 1, 2014, 9:21 PM [ in reply to Chad your refusal to play the young backs is ]

territory. Field position was so terrible in the 2nd half and we were within a field goal until the 4 the quarter. I wouldn't have given the ball to a freshman either given the score and field position on the road in athens

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You mean don't put the defense in a bad position

Sep 1, 2014, 2:58 PM

That can be blamed easily on the offense. Like a turnover deep in our end. Going 3 and out all 2nd half pits the defense in a horrible position facing backs like UGA has. But offense can't be blamed. Our D held on as long as they could. By mid 4th they could not catch or tackle those backs any longer. Stand up and take responsibility for it.

Re: You mean don't put the defense in a bad position

Sep 1, 2014, 3:01 PM

More excuses; trying to downplay another humiliation on national TV. Coachspeak BS.

I haven't met someone in a forum before

Sep 1, 2014, 3:02 PM

who clearly needed attention as badly as you do.

Bullseye!! Really sad.***

Sep 1, 2014, 3:32 PM

Allow me to contribute to your dealing pulse

Sep 2, 2014, 8:12 PM [ in reply to Re: You mean don't put the defense in a bad position ]

You POS.

Morris said what????

Sep 1, 2014, 3:13 PM

Did he say that UGA had the #1 Deffense in the country in their division? What?
Uga's Deffense sucked last year.... And they lost a lot in the secondary..
Sorry, just confused by that statement.....
Anyway, we're gonna be alright.
Morris is/ was a statistician, he knows numbers and probability better than anyone. I'm sure in his mind it was easy to believe that if you win the turnover margin you win the ball game. It has always been the case with us since he has been here. We had never lost a game that we won the turnover margin. Didn't want to take the risks.
This time it didn't work out that way, and without a doubt it will get corrected. I just hope the offensive guys don't lose faith, and confidence.
SC St should be a confidence builder and I look to see some nasty numbers put up!

Re: Morris said what????

Sep 1, 2014, 3:43 PM

He was talking about this week against South Carolina State. Chad Morris tends to change subject quickly and often during his time in front of the camera.

A lot of that statement was trying to say that Clemson can't afford to overlook any opponent right now.

UGA New DC Earned His Paycheck

Sep 1, 2014, 4:02 PM

This guy knows how to shut our offense down. Nobody did it last year better than FSU and now he does it again for UGA against us. Good hire Richt - that is why you make this kind of change in your program.

Chad Morris, are you part of the problem or part of the solution?

Sep 1, 2014, 4:10 PM

After yet another poor offensive showing against a good defense, I'm not sure.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Proverbs 16:18

Sep 1, 2014, 4:26 PM

Kind of the same ole story at Clemson....I was there during the Hatfield debacle and the Tommy Worst era. Got excited when T. Bowden entered the scene and just as elated to watch him leave. Enter..Swinney...good man..good heart...but as the previous coaches..caught up in this mindset of rewarding players for paying their dues, regardless of the result. We've seen it a thousand times from other highly successful programs...if an impact player is better on the field than a seasoned vet...insert said freshman or underclassman...i.e. Watson. FSU did it with Winston and what great end result. Our coaches need to break the cycle and play the best players..not just those that have been there the longest.

More general thoughts on the game

Sep 1, 2014, 4:33 PM

Probably like most of you, you're probably sulking still from the game. But if you stop and really think about it seriously. It really was a game that was going be hard to win for the Tigers.
But leading into the game, I can't help but think how confident all our coaches were going into the season. And yes, this first game. Reguardless of what most civil headed fans thought. It was hard not to want to believe this team was ready for BIG THINGS. When all things pointed to: This team has a long ways to go.
I like the staff's confidence, but you have to wonder if they were realistic.

No play makers on offense*
Average group of receivers*
inexperience at RB and OL*
very avg QB starting his 1st game (in a system not meant for his skills)*
Huge question marks in the secondary*

And all this accompanied by a staff, who was quite frankly...scared. What happen to all that confidence?
So, moving forward...now what? How do you get better? Cause unless we do get a lot better, and soon. This team might be in for a very average season.
11-2 season could be on the table...but at the moment, that wasn't them who played in Athens.

2 cents.

I think your view is a little exaggerated.

Sep 1, 2014, 4:42 PM

Just a sample:

No play makers on offense*
Did you miss Peake's catch in double coverage? Watson's throw? Scott's over the safety catch?

inexperience at RB and OL*
I agree after Davidson and Howard we are inexperienced at RB. But as badly as the 2nd half came out Davidson still managed over 5 yards per for the day. Against UGA's line. He was helped by that 15 yard run at the end of the 3Q. OL is a different story. Not sure how Morris distributes 31 missed assignments but THAT has to get fixed to even beat SC State.

That mealy mouthed answer to the Gallman/Choice question

Sep 1, 2014, 4:35 PM

is pathetic.

DJ Howard has been here for four years and looks the same now as he did as a freshman. If he were going to 'get it' he'd have gotten it already.

That answer suggests we're going to continue to defer to the guys with seniority, regardless of talent or whether they're helping us win.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Also: "They were the number one defense in their division...

Sep 1, 2014, 4:36 PM

last year."

No, Tennessee was the number one defense in the SEC East in every major category.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm pretty sure coaches like Howard for his pass

Sep 1, 2014, 4:55 PM [ in reply to That mealy mouthed answer to the Gallman/Choice question ]

blocking. Probably a bunch more than for his running ability. Notice he didn't have the most carries?

I would be shocked if Davidson wasn't the starter for the next few games at least. They'll still use Howard.

Re: That mealy mouthed answer to the Gallman/Choice question

Sep 2, 2014, 3:19 PM [ in reply to That mealy mouthed answer to the Gallman/Choice question ]

How true! He ran scared, slow, and lost from the start. Rarely you hear a coach say this guy or that guy will start due to being here longer or deserves to play. But Dabo said it and it cost us.

Sep 1, 2014, 4:52 PM

You can not play two quarterbacks and expect continuity. Leadership can't be changed on a whim. Keep Stoudt in so that continuity develops. Also the same thing happened when playing Florida State last year. The last half killed Clemson. Could the Defensive coordinator know in advance what was being called? Finally, because of the offence's inability to move the ball, the defense suffered. I'm surprised the score wasn't 66-21.

The only thing worse than a Monday morning QB fan,

Sep 1, 2014, 7:43 PM

is a Monday morning QB COACH.

They get paid to make decisions REAL TIME, not after the beatdown.

Here's the thing...

Sep 1, 2014, 9:06 PM

That pi##es me off more than anything after reading this article. Morris never came out and took 100% blame for this debacle. And it is 100% his fault. If you fail to see that then you are blissfully ignorant or a sunshine pumper who doesn't see problems with this program. I am tired of watching Clemson get humiliated on national TV. Half the time, we don't show up for big time games.

Is it not the coach's responsibility to make adjustments in game? After watching film, UGA sent LB after LB blitzing up the middle and on the edges. Why wasn't a RB screen, quick slant or a pass to the TE in the middle made or even attempted. All we saw in the 2nd half was vanilla, power off tackle, WR bubble screen, and QB draw. UGA sniffed that out about, oh I don't know, the ninth time Morris called it and it didn't work. We were playing right into their strengths. Why in the blue hell weren't we exploiting their weakness in the secondary?!?! Especially when playing from behind!!! For crying out loud, why do we pay this man $1.3 million a year?!

Why weren't the best players touching the ball? If I see Howard do anything other than block on punts, it will be too #### soon. I don't care how many years you've worn the Orange and White. Put the best player on the field. Obligatory Fire Bastion quote: Fire Bastion, with the money, recruiting and facilities this team has, we should be fielding some the nastiest, roughest SOB's around. Instead, we get hit in the mouth and crumple. I wanna see our team laying licks like the one that got laid on Green on that KO, not on the receiving end.

I just get tired of seeing my team field a team of soft players with coaches who don't take steps to realize and address our problems. I just want to see us get over the hump that has been hanging around this program for longer than any of us fans care to see.

And no, I'm not a coach. I'm just a guy who watches a lot of football, loves the hell out of his Tigers and wants to see us win.

Rb screen, Brooks out. TE slant, Cooper out. Field position

Sep 1, 2014, 9:31 PM

Dictated the vanilla football. You have a new QB , on the road in his first game only down by 3 until 4th quarter. Your Punter finally flips the field and your defense then decides to have a brain fart get out of position and let Gurly brake a couple off.

Special teams errors cost us 10 points. 1 missed FG and letting Gurly return the kick.

We made too many mistakes in all phases of the game to win in Athens

"Are you part of the problem or part of the solution?"

Sep 1, 2014, 9:14 PM

we want to know that about YOU, coach! Are YOU part of the problem and do you have a solution?

See, 2 can play at that game

Big difference is that his opinion counts.***

Sep 1, 2014, 9:34 PM

no, that is not a big difference...

Sep 1, 2014, 10:11 PM

I think the ball is more in his court....he either wants to keep his job or he doesn't

Re: no, that is not a big difference...

Sep 2, 2014, 3:11 AM

It is a big difference, because YOU will never have the job to lose.

Agree. The HC, OC and DC need to get on the same page

Sep 2, 2014, 9:40 AM [ in reply to "Are you part of the problem or part of the solution?" ]

and decide what type of team we are going to be this year. If our strength is going to be on the defensive side then we need to do things on O that will complement the D. That last drive of the first half makes me wonder if Dabo can call a game that helps the defense.

"Now what did he just say?"

Sep 1, 2014, 9:47 PM

That's what you get out of this: a lot of double speak, no ownership, and excuses. I think there's serious issues with this offense. A case in point is that we're on the goal line and we don't even hand the ball off to a running back. We just call QB running plays to a QB who really isn't a runner. It shows a lack of confidence in the running backs, and this carries over.

S'going to be a long season, boys.

Bottom Line

Sep 1, 2014, 10:01 PM

1. We dropped ball. I guess we might hurt a players if set them on the bench to think about what's going on.
2. Didn't won't do anything crazy down 3 with bad field position. Who got you in the bad position? Defense or 3 and out. How did that work out?
3. Who's in charge of getting the players ready? Also getting the freshman ready?

Re: Bottom Line

Sep 1, 2014, 10:08 PM

Georgia had their freshman ready. Who gets paid a crap load of money to win?
4. I wondered who really went conservative, Dabo or Morris. I guess we know now.
5. Just keep running the same plays they won't figure it out in the 2nd half. Teams never make adjustments on the fly, Clemson doesn't.
What really upset me is the fact they make all of this money but never see the simple things.

Is Morris coaching the coots?***

Sep 2, 2014, 8:16 PM

Speak English please***

Sep 2, 2014, 8:17 PM [ in reply to Bottom Line ]

Sep 2, 2014, 12:33 PM

Let's see. Down by 3, don't change anything...i agree. Down by 10, stick with gameplan....o.k., down more than 10 then the offense is not the problem, play calling is. So now, who is part of the problem???? Maybe it's me but wouldn't you want to keep the guessing?

Sep 2, 2014, 3:22 PM

Problem.

Sep 2, 2014, 7:40 PM

Morris is a major part of the problem, not the solution. He gets paid a "buttload" of $$$ to figure out how to attack and beat the opponent. I know that he cannot control execution, but HE has to adjust even to our poor execution. Chad, this is not high school ( or even Texas high school ) so we need you to step up and own the sorry playcalling that happened in the 2nd half--stop acting like the players didn't try their best. They can only run what you give 'em. You ( and we ) are all on the same team!

Replies: 71
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic