Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Sunday night film review
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 44
| visibility 7,931

New Story: Sunday night film review

Aug 31, 2014, 7:06 PM

Sunday night film review

Clemson head coach Dabo Swinney says the Clemson coaching staff has had a chance to look at the film of Saturday's 45-21 loss at Georgia. What does he say he learned about his team? What happened to the tight ends? Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What? no hysteria, no give up, no blaming someone else?

Aug 31, 2014, 7:15 PM

geez, what has college football around here come to.

I sure wish we had a coach that knew how to throw headsets....

Re: What? no hysteria, no give up, no blaming someone else?

Aug 31, 2014, 7:42 PM

I would like to get Jay Carney's take on this...we sucked pure and simple and our defense is really suspect which reminds me of the old Ken Hatfield days..I hope I am wrong

Re: What? no hysteria, no give up, no blaming someone else?

Aug 31, 2014, 9:58 PM [ in reply to What? no hysteria, no give up, no blaming someone else? ]

Hey coach, you don't have an Ol. Of course Battle and Gore faded in he second half. They are both playing at
least 30 to 35 lbs. below their effective playing weight.
No time in the weight room, and Battle doesn't like to eat. And he wants to play D-1 football. Neither of them has a prayer at the NFL. Crowder is the real deal. Region is a tragic waste of talent. Imagine what he could have done at that left tackle position playing at 315 or 320. He'll never do shi## at Clemson.

very vague, poor commentary by the coach

Aug 31, 2014, 7:23 PM

on the lack of tight end involvement. The McCullough catch was a complete non-factor anyway. Talk about dodging the question. Why are there no reporters to call coaches to accountability and hold them to the question?

Because they don't want to lose their press credentials

Aug 31, 2014, 7:28 PM

so they lob softballs instead.

that, and many sports reporters like to consider themselves

Aug 31, 2014, 9:56 PM

ol' chums with the coach. makes it awful hard to ask the tough questions ..

Besides, everytime Bart Wright at G'ville News called out Bowden for his crappy performances, most of TigerNet wanted him banned from press conferences. What gives?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: that, and many sports reporters like to consider themselves

Aug 31, 2014, 10:24 PM

Tigernet has an ample share of people who live in fantasy
land. If you question any aspect of our football team, you get flamed. These are the people talking about us beating UGA by 3 or 4 4 touchdowns. Said our OL "will be fine," Where are they now? I got torched for expressing
major concern over our OL. They said UGA had no defense.
Oh really? I said repeatedly, based on extensive reading and watching informed reports, that UGA was loaded on both sides of the ball. Again, torched by the thought police who have very little football knowledge. Where are they know? What excuses are they going to come up with? Okay, who was right and who was wrong

Wouldn't you both be right? 280yds and 3 td's looked like

Aug 31, 2014, 10:45 PM

OL was fine.

Pruitt changed some things and we didn't react. But the OL was looking pretty good for a half.

Which half was real and which was an aberration?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Vague? He pretty much addressed everything that happened.

Aug 31, 2014, 7:30 PM [ in reply to very vague, poor commentary by the coach ]

Talked about certain players, field position, couldn't contain the outside run, loss of Copper which really affected the running game etc. etc. etc.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Vague? He pretty much addressed everything that happened.

Aug 31, 2014, 10:29 PM

Yeah right. ETc., etc, etc. We got stomped by a better team. So now we'll correct these mistake and go beat FSU?
This was a devastating defeat that will affect the rest of our season.

You're so stupid you would not understand. Yes the coots

Aug 31, 2014, 10:32 PM

got stomped by a much better team and hopefully will have a devastating effect on your entire season. There I said it. Satisfied?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wow.***

Aug 31, 2014, 11:07 PM [ in reply to Re: Vague? He pretty much addressed everything that happened. ]

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Re: Vague? He pretty much addressed everything that happened.

Sep 1, 2014, 12:31 AM [ in reply to Re: Vague? He pretty much addressed everything that happened. ]

You are an idiot. Like half the people on here

If you're so curious, why don't you call him out ? I'm sure

Aug 31, 2014, 8:19 PM [ in reply to very vague, poor commentary by the coach ]

he feels he owes you an in depth explanation. He's just waiting for your call.

#elpmisdnaerupdiputs

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If you're so curious, why don't you call him out ? I'm sure

Aug 31, 2014, 8:46 PM

Agree, it’s amazing how we have so many coaches on this web site. Swinney addressed everything that needed to be address for all the experts on tigernet.

Aug 31, 2014, 10:44 PM

Georgia will be in final four and may go undefeated. Clemson played with them until the 4th quarter. Clemson will be fine. They will end up 11-2 and will beat Uncle Steve's team. Georgia 54 and the Chicks 28. Also East Carolina 38 and the Chick's 28.

Uga has a lot of weaknesses. If they get to where they have

Aug 31, 2014, 10:47 PM

to throw to win, they are in trouble.

If they run up on a team that can pass protect, they could be in trouble.

A win was there for us, but we wet the bed when it mattered.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 31, 2014, 10:48 PM [ in reply to Re: If you're so curious, why don't you call him out ? I'm sure ]

Amen.

Call the call-in show tomorrow night.

Aug 31, 2014, 9:55 PM [ in reply to very vague, poor commentary by the coach ]

8pm

866-735-2536

http://www.clemsontigers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=28500&ATCLID=209113660

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: very vague, poor commentary by the coach

Aug 31, 2014, 10:07 PM [ in reply to very vague, poor commentary by the coach ]

I'm not sure I blame the coaches, although they made their share of blunders and bad choices. It's hard to be successful when you have no OL, especially when two of your two supposed better linemen either "don't like to
eat," and apparently never found their way to the weight room. Too late now. Wish we had some more guys like Crowder.

Aug 31, 2014, 10:10 PM [ in reply to very vague, poor commentary by the coach ]

I don't Dabo has a clue as to why we lost so badly. He
probably still thinks we have a good OL. Pathetic.

Aug 31, 2014, 11:03 PM [ in reply to very vague, poor commentary by the coach ]

Why dont you ask Ron Morris tgat question lol

Re: New Story: Sunday night film review

Aug 31, 2014, 8:18 PM

I really love all these people's negative comments about our coaching staff. If you people with the negative talk are such experts, then maybe you should apply for a coaching job with the tigers. I am really sure Dabo would hire you. Give this team some time. It's just the first game, don't be so quick to throw the coaching staff under the bus. I think we are going to be just fine. This is a totally different team than last year with a lot of inexperienced players. I know our O-line needs some work, and I am sure Robbie Caldwell will address that. I also think this Georgia team is going to be playing for the SEC championship. I think you will see a different team this weekend. As my old football coach said, you always make your most improvement from your first game to your second game

Aug 31, 2014, 8:50 PM

think the improvement will be playing S C St ;see how much improvement in FSU and I truly hope the improvement shows up in that game

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Actually, the OL play I'm the second half did suck

Aug 31, 2014, 9:06 PM

There's no other way to say it. However, to say the defense is suspect is completely off base and jumping the gun. Going in to the 4th qtr the D had been about as good as we could hope for. That's as good of a stable of RBs as any in the nation. They had just over 100 yards going into the 4th. Terrible OL play led them being hung out to dry, getting left on the field the whole second half. I don't care how good your D is, it can't sustain that. OL & special teams are the areas of concern. WRs need to work on the drops and do a better job blocking downfield. The defense will be just fine

Re: Actually, the OL play I'm the second half did suck

Aug 31, 2014, 9:09 PM

good summation..any Def will wear down in that case..

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Actually, the OL play I'm the second half did suck

Aug 31, 2014, 10:35 PM [ in reply to Actually, the OL play I'm the second half did suck ]

Great realistic post.

Aug 31, 2014, 8:23 PM

"We" nothing! There wasn't a single one of you on that field Saturday night! These boys did not "suck" period. They played their hearts out. They made mistakes, they were outplayed, and they lost a very tough game. They are way more upset about this loss than any of you arm chair quarterbacks, and "we" as a fanbase are the ones who are supposed to be lifting them up and supporting them, not this crap! If you're going wear orange and call yourself a fan, then act like one!

Aug 31, 2014, 10:46 PM

So that means we have to ignore reality in order to pass your muster as fans? I'm no expert, but as a fan I have a right to my opinion---as does everyone else on this site.
I respect everyone's opinion on this site, even if I don't agree with them. You apparently can't tolerate an opinion that differs from yours. That to me doesn't
represent the spirit of free and open dissent that should prevail on a Clemson site. I still our OL is terrible, and cost us the game. I'm not asking you to agree with me. You do us a disservice.

Sep 1, 2014, 4:53 AM

No sir, you are as free as a peach to add in constructive criticism. But as a Tiger fan my entire life and a man who has both succeeded and tasted defeat on the field, it really upsets me to hear our own fan base bash these young men. The majority of what is said on Tigernet is not intelligent criticism, it is just venting frustration because we may have to get ragged at work a little. So feel free to give your opinion, but you can refrain from talking about my Tigers like a Coot would!

Does this mean that Green might be returning punts?

Aug 31, 2014, 9:49 PM

I Humphries just not as a return man.

Re: Does this mean that Green might be returning punts?

Aug 31, 2014, 10:50 PM

He's dependable.

Sep 1, 2014, 1:40 AM

Wait a minute... The coach did not answer WHY they didn't use the tight ends and WHY the play-calling was so,so conservative. I was hoping that the coaches would accept the responsibility for NOT giving the players the plays so that they could get out from under the rush of Georgia and the three and outs. The coach never addressed the fact that the third quarter was competitive for the defense, but the offense didn't even get a single first down all second half. The comment that it was a three point game going into the fourth quarter doesn't address the fact that the offense has serious problems that I think the coaches contributed to by their play-calling. Let me hear THAT. I would like to hear that the coaches have learned something to stop such embarrassing losses--normal losses are acceptable, but not when our team looked like it did not deserve to be on the same field. Address THAT please.

In other interview Morris explained conservative play-calls.

Sep 1, 2014, 1:56 AM

He said it was largely because of the field position-- which enabled UGA to pin our ears back. I wish he had been more aggressive with more medium and deep balls but UGA's D was slicing through our OL like butter (which he didn't admit).

Re: In other interview Morris explained conservative play-calls.

Sep 1, 2014, 10:58 AM

I wasn't going to chime in..... But play calling was abismal.

Showed a lack of confidence.

No guts, no glory.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

Sep 1, 2014, 2:11 AM

I feel like 2 plays killed the game for us. 1st Watson overshooting Scott on the sideline. You place it in there and I think UGA has to be honest about the pass again. The other was when Cole under threw Gallman...he places that ball right and Wayne runs for at least 20 yds. Both of those plays would have flipped the field position at worse.

The obvious one IMO is our RB's. I know he doesn't want to...but Choice should've been in that game...period. We needed a spark and it wasn't like our pass protection was needed and Choice could have been it. Each game we've won a RB steps up...Hot Rod last year against UGA...Davidson vs OSU... Ellington vs Auburn...etc. We had no game changers...period.

That's where we miss Sammy at...he kept teams honest so they had to play us different. Now i feel like the opportunity was missed to do some of the same with the TE's...making UGA LB's have to drop in coverage or having a smaller safety on them would have made all the difference in the world.

Agree. +1.***

Sep 1, 2014, 2:18 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

By mid-3rd quarter you could tell we'd lose.

Sep 1, 2014, 2:20 AM

After they ran the toss sweep successfully several times, I was saying that they should just run it every play. They executed it well and our D looked like they had never seen a toss sweep-- as though it were a trick play. I'm sure every opponent on our schedule will be employing it against us.

But Clemson lost a hard-fought battle to (what I think will prove to be) a ###### good team. So I'm not that down on the coaches-- except the special teams coaching which continues to be perennially lame. Special teams gave 7 to Gurley by not staying in their lanes and gave up a fair amount of return yardage. Special teams missed a FG. And special teams return-teams contributed greatly to the crappy field position that put Morris's play-calling in a bind.

Sep 1, 2014, 5:35 AM

I totally understand that we had awful field position on offense...I get that it puts a lot more pressure on the offense especially with a new starting QB...However, when you're an underdog on the road against a really good football team you cannot be scared (Chad Morris) of being aggressive to get out of that hole...Chad said himself he was worried about his guys making a mistake and giving UGA an easy score...That's what frustrates me the most. It's not that we lost, it's that we didn't push all the chips in the middle and go for it! Don't just give up...If you're going down, go down scratching and clawing and with your hair on fire. That's all I ask! Go Tigers

Sports Talk radio in ATL said the could NOT understand why

Sep 1, 2014, 9:48 AM

Watson wasn't in the game more. Said it was clear he was more athletic, faster and all around better than Stoudt.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 1, 2014, 10:13 AM

Lurking Tiger and Tall board, y'all are dead on with your comments ! Couldn't agree more.

Sep 1, 2014, 10:53 AM

The sky isn't falling... Relax everyone. We'll be fine. He's right, first half we looked really good. Unfortunately, we didn't show 'mental toughness' after the missed FG. UGAy made adjustments, Morris panicked. Yes, I'm drinking the Kool-Aid

Sep 1, 2014, 1:45 PM

PLAN ""A"" works very well in the first half ---- Ga. will adjust to plan ""A"" at halftime ---- go to ""PLAN B"" for the second half, when ""PLAN A"" no longer works !!!!!!!!________it's that simple !!!!!! ____ if you have a ""PLAN B""" ???????????? _____ I have all ways lived by the ""KISS RULE""" ( Keep It Simple Stupid ) _______still love ya' & I'm All In ***---- Go Tigers !!!!!

Sep 1, 2014, 5:12 PM

The defense gets tired when the offense does not move the ball. The 3rd and done after the 80 yard drive was not the 1st third and done.

Replies: 44
| visibility 7,931
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic