Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Stoudt takes responsibility, Beasley says defense needs to be better at FSU
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 34
| visibility 1

New Story: Stoudt takes responsibility, Beasley says defense needs to be better at FSU

Aug 31, 2014, 1:23 PM

Stoudt takes responsibility, Beasley says defense needs to be better at FSU

Quarterback Cole Stoudt took responsibility for the execution of the offense in the second half of Saturday's loss at Georgia, and defensive end Vic Beasley says the Tigers will lose by 50 at FSU in two weeks if they have the same kind of effort they put forth Saturday. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Stoudt takes responsibility, Beasley says defense needs to be better at FSU

Aug 31, 2014, 1:29 PM

Vic's right about his quote .. Gotta make changes

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Stoudt takes responsibility, Beasley says defense needs to be better at FSU

Aug 31, 2014, 1:42 PM

There will be changes when the suspended players get back this wk

Aug 31, 2014, 11:01 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Stoudt takes responsibility, Beasley says defense needs to be better at FSU ]

And Beasley should weigh 260. He can't play the run, so
teams are going to run right at him, just like UGA did.
I recall one of the announcers remarking that his name was hardly called during the game. He's playing about 40
lbs. under his effective playing weight. I seen to recall that Adam Choice ran right over him in one of the scrimmages. And Choice weighs about 215.

Aug 31, 2014, 1:35 PM

> > width=5> 
> id="story-photo" width="478"
> src=http://i1.tigernet.com/stories/14/football/stoudt_
> cole_georgia_700.jpg>
> size=2>
> cellpadding=0 cellspacing=0>
> href=/story/football/Stoudt-takes-responsibility-Beasl
> ey-defense-FSU-12985 class="newstitle">> style="font-family: Helvetica, Arial, Helv,
> sans-serif; font-size: 16px; font-weight: bold;
> color: #E96F26; text-decoration: none">Stoudt takes
> responsibility, Beasley says defense needs to be
> better at FSU

> class=newsbody>Quarterback Cole Stoudt took
> responsibility for the execution of the offense in
> the second half of Saturday's loss at Georgia, and
> defensive end Vic Beasley says the Tigers will lose
> by 50 at FSU in two weeks if they have the same kind
> of effort they put forth Saturday. > target=_blank
> href=/story/football/Stoudt-takes-responsibility-Beasl
> ey-defense-FSU-12985>Full
> Story »

Where was the Tempo? Always seemed to help wear down opponents.

Aug 31, 2014, 1:49 PM

I think we all agree about the tempo, but I do not agree that Stoudt was a primary cause of what we saw. While he had mistakes, there is little a QB can do when he is dodging defenders.

Why did our receivers catch as if they had silicone on their gloves? Where was the backfield blocking? How is it our defense failed to dominate after the first series? Kicking? Play calling?

This isn't Stoudts fault. Fact is, I thought he did pretty well with room for improvement.

Aug 31, 2014, 4:42 PM

What I saw was the offense got extremely conservative in the 2nd half which early on u have to agree with due to field position. We had no running game to speak of aside from a few bright spots. We could not keep the defense off the field and they just finally got beat to death. We had trouble anytime Gurley got the ball except for about 2 drives. Minus yardage on offense. We had some dropped balls but also some great catches. In the end they adjusted in the 2nd half and we didn't. I hate to agree with announcers but they could have run Gurley all night. Thought overall we tackled well until late 3rd quarter. Defense needs to be tougher on the edges. OL needs work. Saw several times where we had 2 guys who couldn't block one RB's had trouble picking up extra defenders. Good thing. Nothing was from a lack of effort. Just think going from roughly 300 yds offense first half and minus yds in 2nd half says it all.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 31, 2014, 11:25 PM

No OL--no offense to take pressure off the over-worked D.
It is what it is. Our Ol line is terrible. what is unclear about that? Offense had 24 yards in the second
half. We couldn't open up running lanes, pass block, or pick up any blitzes. Laid the whole game on our defense against an elite offense. Of course , they got worn out, without any support from a pathetic offense. I think it's going to be a long season.

Aug 31, 2014, 11:14 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Stoudt takes responsibility, Beasley says defense needs to be better at FSU ]

No Ol No blocking. They are terrible.

Aug 31, 2014, 2:14 PM

Really stout bout time you figured out something because you shure can't run an offense!

bro, do you even english?***

Aug 31, 2014, 2:18 PM

Aaaaand another moron enters the board today.***

Aug 31, 2014, 2:54 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Stoudt takes responsibility, Beasley says defense needs to be better at FSU ]

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Misspelled "moran"

Nov 23, 2020, 10:24 AM

But I agree with you. For a first post that's a fail.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Re: Aaaaand another moron enters the board today.***

Aug 31, 2014, 11:28 PM [ in reply to Aaaaand another moron enters the board today.*** ]

I don't think we should be calling each other morons. We are all hurting.

cole put passes in perfect place early, receivers

Nov 23, 2020, 10:46 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Stoudt takes responsibility, Beasley says defense needs to be better at FSU ]

could not catch? Not his fault. He cannot hand off to receivers, they need to catch the #### ball.

Do we give Hall of Fame points for stupid??

Aug 31, 2014, 4:46 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Stoudt takes responsibility, Beasley says defense needs to be better at FSU ]

Very insightful commentary

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 31, 2014, 2:56 PM

I think Stoudt did well. He was on point with his throws but the offensive line didn't give him enough time to throw. The tempo was slower and I didn't like that. Morris shouldn't have called conservative plays. He should have seen it wasn't working, and done something else. UGA's secondary couldn't handle our receivers. We should have kept throwing the ball and managed what we could. We don't have Sammy anymore so the screens won't be as explosive. I believe out guys have something to prove when FSU rolls around. The don't have Pruitt anymore, so the defense will be edgy. OSU lost by 7 and tore FSU's defense apart. If our defense steps up and actually shows we are THE BEST like we should be, FSU won't stand a chance if the O can put up points. Another thing I think gives us a better chance of beating FSU, is the time the game is played. If it's a 12-3:30 game, we shouldn't get rattled as much as if if was 7-8. That's my own opinion though. I knew we have a rough game against UGA but didn't expect to lose. It was Cole's first game. You can't say he sucks off of one game. Last time I checked the season has 12 games. Not 1.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 31, 2014, 3:46 PM

I still can't see where everyone thinks the tempo was slow. We ran 54 plays in the first half. Granted it was slow in the second half but a lot of that has to do with execution. 54 plays in one half is a tremendous amount. If we would have had a better second half it could have been over 100 plays. The tempo was fine if we get first down's. We just needed to execute better in the second half.

Aug 31, 2014, 11:45 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Stoudt takes responsibility, Beasley says defense needs to be better at FSU ]

Cole certainly didn't suck. I thought he was poised and at least at first on target with his passes. But the OL failed miserable--no pass protection, running lanes, and no ability whatever to pick up the blitzes. The Ol is the weak link in the chain, and I don't see how we fix it. Maybe throw the young guys that at least have developed size and strength---which Battle and Gore have not done. To me, Crowder is better than either of them. He may have a bit of a learning curve, but at 330, he will hit you in the mouth. And, he plays with an attitude. Battle and Gore---skinny Minnys.

Aug 31, 2014, 3:41 PM

All the talk about FSU should not even be happening right now. We play SC State next. Use next weeks game as a building block to fix what did not go right at UGA. The suspensions will be over and the game next week will allow things to fall back in place, hopefully. Need to focus more on the offense, and quit the conservative play calling and.do a better job throwing to more than the WR's. Tight ends and running backs were basically ignored in the pass game.

Aug 31, 2014, 11:47 PM

Good points.

Sep 1, 2014, 9:42 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Stoudt takes responsibility, Beasley says defense needs to be better at FSU ]

I'm thinking about South Carolina State.

Aug 31, 2014, 5:07 PM

Stoudt is a serviceable QB. He generally makes good decisions when he has time to throw--which he didn't in the second half yesterday. He's a good game manager, but he won't win many football games on his own. The problem is that there are no true playmakers on offense, so Stoudt's role as a game manager won't cut the mustard against a good defense. Watson is a playmaker, like Tajh Boyd. His TD pass, right between two defenders, was a thing of beauty. He needs to get significant PT against SC State so that he can be ready to contribute against FSU.

And I disagree about the conditioning, despite what the players say, they were gassed in the fourth quarter. The offensive line was porous and the defenders got clobbered by Georgia's backs. We looked slow and listless. And Georgia's backs were fresh--hence the devastation.

One last thing: Contrary to what Vic Beasley seems to think, FSU may not be as good a team as Georgia right now. The loss of Pruitt, which obviously has helped Georgia, may have hurt them more than they care to admit.

Excellent post--about sums it up!!!!!!!

Sep 1, 2014, 8:50 AM

NM

So, Stoudt says...

Aug 31, 2014, 5:46 PM

they made adjustments, we still had the same game plan.

really....
that's the problem!

We had adjustments...to go conservative***

Aug 31, 2014, 7:40 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why reward such poor player performance with an interview?!

Aug 31, 2014, 8:04 PM

I can't believe they are allowed to give interviews after such a poor performance. Make no mistake, as long as the offense continues to be as inept as Saturday the defense will always suffer. By not managing a first down the def lost the chance to rest. They were sucking air from a lathered up Georgia team we could have been up two scores on easily. The game plan of two runs up the gut left us in 3rd and long every 2nd half series. Allowing Georgia to flex their muscles knowing exactly what to expect. The Chad is good, but he is way too stubborned about his gameplan. When a team gets his number, he will be ###### if he will abandon his gameplan! When he learns to swallow his pride & make changes he will be by far the best oc! Venerables is left explaining a terrible 4th q that was as much Chadd fault as his. If not more Chad's fault!
When Watson came in during the first half, he was RED HOT! Or appeared to be. Everyone knows you ride the hot hand until the flames go out! If Watson stays in we hold all momentum & Ga never recovers. Instead, Dabo's loyalty to a fault for senior qb's once again embarrass' Tiger nation. Against FSU last year Boyd's head was in the wrong place. Dabo could have sit him a series, or called a timeout to set his head straight. Instead he watched the wheels come off in disbelief robbing us of any chance to play for the nat'l champ. When Dabo learns to manage the qb position like he should, he will take that next step. Until then he is stuck where he is. Only if the qb is playing the game of his life will we have a chance to beat another elite team. This is something that is so mind knowingly simple it really drives me nuts to see the qb struggling & Dabo pumping them up! Get in there & straighten them out! Make them fear for their job! Motivate for real & stop blowing smoke up their rears!

Re: Why reward such poor player performance with an interview?!

Aug 31, 2014, 8:06 PM

Add blowingly for knowingly, and Chad's for Chadd

Re: Why reward such poor player performance with an interview?!

Sep 1, 2014, 12:31 AM [ in reply to Why reward such poor player performance with an interview?! ]

I've got to agree with you. But according to the thought police on this site, Dabo can never make a mistake. Obviously, you are right. Deshaun had the hot hand and Dabo took him out. Hello??? Stupid. And since nothing else was working. why not put in our best back, Adam Choice,
and put Kurt Flemming in front of him as a blocking FB? That keeps then honest in the running game, and maybe with Watson in game, they suddenly have to play the read option, as well tO have to worry about Watson's rifle arm? Just thinking.

Hold on! Hold on! We play S.C. State next week not FSU.

Aug 31, 2014, 9:15 PM

Arrogance occasionally gets your butt beat.

Re: Hold on! Hold on! We play S.C. State next week not FSU.

Sep 1, 2014, 12:44 AM

Yes, and we had an abundance of it on this site. And those of us who have dared to express doubts about aspects of our team have been denigrated as "coots." Well, the game confirmed our concerns, so who's eating crow now? But they'll be back in force with all sorts of excuses and personal attacks on the rational members. We just have to remember that they were wrong. dead wrong. It is whatever it is, whatever spin they try and put on it.

Sep 1, 2014, 12:04 AM

the only guys on D that didn't disappoint at all were the D Tackles, because Georgia didn't get anything running up the middle, so when they attacked the edges, that's where they killed us. Beasley, I'm looking at you Mr. All American, how many pressures and sacks did y'all get? not a #### one, Anthony and the other LBs, how many bad angles did you make in the FIRST HALF let alone the dreaded 4th quarter? terrible play from the LBs.

The secondary did ok, heck they tackled better than the LBs!

Sep 1, 2014, 12:52 AM

Beasley should be playing at 260. He can't stop the run. you skip the weight room and you will pay. I've said repeatedly that he's suspect against the run. But according to Dabo, he's all-world. He's one-dimensional, and that will hurt him in the NFL draft.

Sep 1, 2014, 5:59 AM

Hey Vic! Let's worry about getting better against SC State first and then FSU...And just so you guys know, if Cole Stoudt starts and plays the whole way against FSU we don't have a chance...let's be honest, if the o-line can't protect then you don't want Cole back there because he can't extend plays...I'm not saying Cole played bad, but you have to adjust to what you have as a team...I think it's common sense to put the better athlete at QB if he's going to be running for his life every other snap...Deshaun atleast gives you a chance to make something out of nothing.

Sep 1, 2014, 10:04 AM

Let's face it guys. We played a top 3 team Sat night and we are probably not even a top 20 team right now. Offense played pretty well for 2 quarters, then inexplicably fell apart in 2nd half. O-line is relatively poor again and play makers are scarce. Our lack of a dependable run game will shift pressure to the pass game even more so than last year. Without Tahj and Sammy, offensive production will sometimes be challenging.

Defense played well for 3 quarters but got worn out and run over 4th quarter. Just no help whatsoever from our offense. (But don't know if anybody can stop Dogs' monster rush attack.)

Tiger fans best hike up our britches and hunker down. It could be a long year.

Replies: 34
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic