Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Deshaun Watson: "I am patiently waiting for my time"
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 30
| visibility 1

New Story: Deshaun Watson: "I am patiently waiting for my time"

Aug 30, 2014, 11:44 PM

Deshaun Watson: "I am patiently waiting for my time"

Freshman quarterback Deshaun Watson made his collegiate debut Saturday night in Athens, something he said was a dream come true. What made the touchdown play extra special? What does he say about his time? Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He seems like a good teammate but he shouldn't have to wait.

Aug 30, 2014, 11:46 PM

He is built for this offense; Cole just isn't. If Dabo/Chad want Cole to start then something has to give with the play calling and that is on the coaches. No one is scared of Cole running a draw or the zone read. He isn't going to escape and make plays when our O-line inevitably breaks down.

Re: He seems like a good teammate but he shouldn't have to wait.

Aug 30, 2014, 11:49 PM

Cole threw a lot of balls spot on...then our WR's dropped them. Just imagine if they caught the ones they dropped...just IMAGINE!

Cole waited on us and he did just fine

Aug 31, 2014, 6:20 AM [ in reply to He seems like a good teammate but he shouldn't have to wait. ]

As many have pointed out, the receivers have to catch it and they have to block and they have to run their freakin routes!

And Morris has to quit being scared to be aggressive in play calling!

And the O line needs to be much better.

And the team needs to be better conditioned... They were gassed out there.

Cole is the least of our problems. Putting Deshawn out their with that group is asking for a career ending injury to him.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Cole waited on us and he did just fine

Aug 31, 2014, 1:28 PM

Just fine doesn't cut it. The spread offense works better with a dual threat Qb. I think we will be a good team with Cole, but a better team with Watson. We will find out soon. A dynamic Qb like Watson can make good players around them play better. (Famous Jameis)

HOW DOES THE NUMBER ONE RECRUITED QB IN THE NATION

Aug 31, 2014, 3:21 AM

COME IN TO SIT THE BENCH to a former 2 star recruit who ain't proved nothin....If I'm a major recruit I just lost interest in CLEMSON because the coach is trying to hold a good guy convention instead of winning a national championship.......Lifes not fair sometimes you gotta be a ####

Re: HOW DOES THE NUMBER ONE RECRUITED QB IN THE NATION

Aug 31, 2014, 3:25 AM

BTW DJ HOWARD on my team would be an up back to block for the punter and the rest of the time he would be getting towels ready for my real RB......Davidson is not a starter he's a spell to a real back.....leaves us Wayne Gallman who we never really gave the ball too.....NOW Dumbo says Adam Choice is not to be redshirted and he's our best rb and he ways 225 at 5'10...kinda sounds like that freshman chubb tonight.......so..........### coach!

Chicken, go back to 52 points and get robbed

Aug 31, 2014, 3:54 AM

Don't try to snow us w/ ur bs

-Doc

2005_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been wrong two times, but this isn't one of them.

Re: Chicken, go back to 52 points and get robbed

Aug 31, 2014, 2:48 PM

DUDE THERES NO ONE IN THE COUNTRY THAT HATES SC more than I do! FACT! I HATE THERE COACHES PLAYERS FANS. SO GO F YOURSELF ON THAT ONE TOO!

Aug 31, 2014, 2:10 PM [ in reply to Re: HOW DOES THE NUMBER ONE RECRUITED QB IN THE NATION ]

Agreed. I wanted to scream every time they put DJ Howard in the game. He's maybe the fourth best RB in what isn't exactly an elite group.

Aug 31, 2014, 11:18 AM [ in reply to HOW DOES THE NUMBER ONE RECRUITED QB IN THE NATION ]

Something tells me you've never been a major recruit and therefore have no idea what you're talking about.

Aug 31, 2014, 2:47 PM

Something like my national title ring says your wrong... my name is Stephen Pressley you can look me up. I was just a Kicker but recruited by every ACC & SEC school everyone out of Brevard NC. I was on 2 national championship teams played against LSU national Champ team etc.......so F YOU on that comment. A player wants to come in and play...not be a back up for a back up. FACT. So Leonard Fornett wouldn't come to Clemson to back up DJ Howard a guy that was supposed to be DB! It's stupid! The QB thing is even worse.

Re: New Story: Deshaun Watson: "I am patiently waiting for my time"

Aug 31, 2014, 4:05 AM

I've been trying to keep an eye on the arm strength of Cole Stoudt. One of the longer passes I have seen him throw traveled 40-42 yards in the air. From his front foot till about where it would have been caught. I'm not sure Deshaun got a full step into his throw to Hopper it went almost 50. His TD was 40 yards on a rope. Big arms keep safeties and DCs honest.

Should have been last night!

Aug 31, 2014, 5:52 AM

nm

Aug 31, 2014, 6:09 AM

I just don't see the point in leaving Cole in as the starter other than blind loyalty. I mean I agree that he's the senior and definitely should have gotten the nod but you can't be loyal to one guy at the expense of the rest of the team.

There's no doubt in my mind that Watson could have provided a spark in there if given the chance but was benched after an absolute dime of a TD. Never been as disgusted with a coaching decision in my life. Chad Morris says the Watson is the future, well the future is now, START DESHAUN WATSON.

If we don't fix the RB and O line issues, Watson will get

Aug 31, 2014, 6:32 AM

Killed at some point and it could be career ending.

But I get your point and sometimes a dynamic like Watson brings can make up for a lot of those other short comings. I bet he plays a lot in FSU game. And I bet Gallman and Choice will be featured backs from here on out. And getting our suspended O players back will help.

Now the question is what will fix Morris' play calling?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If we don't fix the RB and O line issues, Watson will get

Aug 31, 2014, 6:40 AM

Throwing him in games that we're already losing does nothing though imo. Dabo did the same with Boyd and I actually think it hurt his confidence early in his career.

Watson and Stoudt need to get equal snaps and settle this thing on the field because this two QB nonsense has to go. Funny enough Stone Cole called it on Gameday. While he wasn't talking about us, it certainly applies, "If you have two QB's, you don't really have one.".

Re: If we don't fix the RB and O line issues, Watson will get

Aug 31, 2014, 2:13 PM [ in reply to If we don't fix the RB and O line issues, Watson will get ]

Hey, maybe we can borrow someone's OL for that game.

Aug 31, 2014, 6:44 AM

How is Morris gonna compliment Watson on changing the play through making big boy checks and changing his protections on that drive to throw an nlf ish td pass
& THEN BENCH THE MUTHER F##### FOR NO REASON and then the RBs are sorry as f###….I mean we used to have JAMES DAVIS CJ ANDRE…BTW Soni Michell wanted to come to Clemson and we dropped his scholarship cause he has a knee injury. How, did we miss on Mike Davis as well, I say to the hell with all those guys and run that big tight end McCullough I think he could pound some skulls in. The play calls on Offense were so retarded it seemed like we threw the game for money or something…I mean I was like wha….. where’s Mike WIlliams , Artavous Scott, Charone Peake….They were making play’s but Scott and peak got taken out of the game…..PLAY THE #### FIVE STAR PLAYERS>>>F###THE FORMER BACKUPS….FSU GAVE THE TEAM TO WINSTON AND TRICKET LEFT……NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP! GET A #### RUNNING BACK THAT DOESN’T"T RUN LIKE HE"S STIFF AND 45 YEARS OLD…..Gallaman looked good when he ran the ball twice………the rest of the time he was flared out or lead blocking for this “amazing RB” Called Cole Stoudt…. this was non-sense and I think the staff should here about it…. It’s foolish life isn’t fair if your not the best your a backup for a reason!

(This quote is from a guy on shakin the south land and it's the absolute truth!!!)

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 31, 2014, 2:18 PM

Can't argue with a word you've said, but often reality isn't popular. THUD. We just came down to earth

Aug 31, 2014, 6:49 AM

I was very impressed with Deshaun's composure, strength, knowledge, speed, and accuracy. He has a great future at Clemson.

THE TIME IS NOW !!!!***

Aug 31, 2014, 1:30 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree. Not because Cole isn't fine as a QB. But that

Aug 31, 2014, 1:47 PM

offense desperately needs a dual-threat QB to run it.

Aug 31, 2014, 1:54 PM

Deshaun is built for this offense. The up tempo offense is not for Cole.

Aug 31, 2014, 2:08 PM

That's a good point. What happened to the uptempo? Cole is three years into the system. Does he have full control?

Aug 31, 2014, 2:21 PM

Don't know that it matters that much if your OL can't block anybody.

At least Watson has a better attitude about this

Aug 31, 2014, 2:55 PM

than a lot of people on here! He understands that Cole deserves a chance. I understand that the offense stopped producing in the 2nd half, but it wasn't all due or mostly due to Cole. And it was really the defensive collapse that was worse. It's one game. Cole still deserves a chance

Re: At least Watson has a better attitude about this

Aug 31, 2014, 3:09 PM

At what point would you say he has had his chance??? Was the team is 3-4??? So Cole should 'get his shot' at the expense of everyone else on the team when he clearly cannot run the offense (esp at the tempo its designed to run), cannot evade pressure due to an inferior offensive line, and just seems to be an adequate backup that is surpassed in in talent. This is a team sport, not a loyalty/charity event for the less fortunate. No disrespect to Cole but get serious.

Re: At least Watson has a better attitude about this

Aug 31, 2014, 3:09 PM

Once*

no he does not

Aug 31, 2014, 9:08 PM [ in reply to At least Watson has a better attitude about this ]

I hate it for the guy, especially because he was not exactly in "plus" situations in the second half - I thought Morris flat-out got humiliated by Pruitt - but it no longer matters.

Stoudt has, at most, 12 games left as a Clemson Tiger.

Watson could have as many as four years left - I doubt it, personally, because he looks like a three-years-and-done guy.

Stoudt was going to have to kill it to keep his job. He didn't kill it. Blame the coaches - and I do, trust me, I do, because I thought Stoudt played more than well enough to win, in the first half - but at the end of the day Stoudt has neither a laser arm nor great mobility; his physical upside is limited, and unless he came out and showed he's got it down ice-cold, he was going to lose his job. Watson looked like another Jameis Winston out there, but without the brazen attitude.

You don't waste your time developing a short-term QB with average physical tools when you've got an exceptional one who can be the answer for the next 3-4 years behind him. "Deserve", sadly, has nothing to do with it...the only way Stoudt was going to keep his job is put Clemson on such a roll that the coaches would be afraid to bench him, and that was over when Clemson's offense couldn't get out of its own way in the second half.

Only question is when. But Stoudt's done the second Watson shows any sign he's ready to lead full-time. I doubt the coaches want to just throw him to the wolves against FSU down in Tally, but sometime during that game, especially if Clemson's down, they'll probably make the switch.

Re: no he does not

Aug 31, 2014, 9:14 PM

Watching the replay Cole under threw most of his passes. I hope the coaches play the best players. DW will only be here for 3 yrs.

Replies: 30
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic