Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Jets release QB Tajh Boyd
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

FB Update: Jets release QB Tajh Boyd

Aug 30, 2014, 2:48 PM

Jets release QB Tajh Boyd

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FB Update: Jets release QB Tajh Boyd

Aug 30, 2014, 3:01 PM

This is so stupid why draft him if you know you had too many qbs Rex Ryan is a terrible coach if you ask me the jets will never do anything special with Rex as the head coach. You draft tajh and first game or so he wasnt so hot but that's expected for a qb who ran spread in college and goes to the pros where they don't spread as much and defenders are faster then he gets a td in last preseason game he plays and you cut him they didn't even give him a chance to adjust

Aug 30, 2014, 3:16 PM

> This is so stupid why draft him if you know you had
> too many qbs Rex Ryan is a terrible coach if you ask
> me the jets will never do anything special with Rex
> as the head coach. You draft tajh and first game or
> so he wasnt so hot but that's expected for a qb who
> ran spread in college and goes to the pros where they
> don't spread as much and defenders are faster then he
> gets a td in last preseason game he plays and you cut
> him they didn't even give him a chance to adjust
Lol. He practiced and went thru ota's just like everyone else. He is not an nfl qb. Doesn't make what he did here any less special. I guess Lane Kiffin was right......As soo. As he got the UT job he pulled TB's offer....must a been obvious then that he couldn't operate a pro style system. Came down to us, oregon, and Ohio St....All spread teams

Think he was drafted to challenge Simms and he didn't

Aug 30, 2014, 4:10 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Jets release QB Tajh Boyd ]

Not sure being cut by the Jets is a bad thing in the end.

Aug 30, 2014, 4:46 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Jets release QB Tajh Boyd ]

Even if Tajh would have been the starter for the Jets, he would have never won many games or progressed as a NFL QB under Rex Ryan. Rex will be gone from the Jets before or after the season is over. Talking a train wreck, the Jets are a major pile up of junk.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

One more reason to hate the Jets!

Aug 30, 2014, 3:11 PM

Go Pats, go Tajh & GO TIGERS!!!

Change Pats to Bills and you'd be spot on

Aug 30, 2014, 5:14 PM

At least while we have a handful of former Tigers up there I'll be pulling for the Bills.

Of course as a Niners fan, it doesn't affect my team's success to pull for Buffalo.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 30, 2014, 3:13 PM

Not a big surprise

Aug 30, 2014, 3:16 PM

He was over rated in college. He consistently choked under pressure. He did not have the leadership necessary to be a great Q.B. Instead of rallying the troops, he was sitting on a bench with a towel over his head pouting. Woodrow Dantzler was 10x the Q.B. Tajh was. In addition to the above stated, he was a "system Quarterback." Rarely (Tebow as an example) does a system Q.B. do great things in the NFL. Verdict is still out on Scam Newton, but I believe he will do very little in the NFL.

Aug 30, 2014, 4:08 PM

100% agree. It doesnt take away from what he did at Clemson, but it was always obvious he couldn't handle big pressure games. Good news though, if Chad Morris did all that with Tajh, I'm not worried about Stoudt, he'll do just fine

you guys are crazy and should not consider yourself true

Aug 30, 2014, 4:57 PM

clemson fans.

just because TB didnt beat south carolina in his career, you want to say he was choke artist and pouted?

so quick to forget about LSU, Ohio State, Georgia, Virginia Tech, etc.

not to mention, TB was a model student-athlete while at Clemson and we should all be thankful for players like him. Clemson is better off because of the legacy that TB left

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: you guys are crazy and should not consider yourself true

Aug 31, 2014, 5:02 PM

I am not a Clemson fan because I believe Woodrow Dantzler was a much better Q.B. than Tajh Boyd? Craziest thing I have ever heard.

Aug 30, 2014, 4:42 PM

I was hoping he would make it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The surprise is not that Tajh was released by the Jets, it's

Aug 30, 2014, 4:48 PM

that some Clemson fans turn on him so quickly.

The fact that he apparently isn't going to make it in the pros does not in any way detract from his status as one of the top two-three Clemson quarterbacks of all time.

And another thing ... he definitely IS a fine leader both on the field and off.

He's an actual scholar/athlete who earned his Clemson degree, which means he is ready to do great things in life even if he's not throwing a football.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The surprise is not that Tajh was released by the Jets, it's

Aug 30, 2014, 4:58 PM

100 thumbs up for your post!

Whatever Tajh does in his professional career

Aug 30, 2014, 5:38 PM [ in reply to The surprise is not that Tajh was released by the Jets, it's ]

doesn't do anything to negate his incredible record breaking career at Clemson. In his three years as a starter our team turned around completely. Chad Morris certainly has a HUGE impact on that turnaround, but a QB doesn't account for 4000+ yards of total offense and 38+ total TD's in 3 consecutive seasons unless he has something going for him regardless of the offensive scheme.

Before Tajh, our Tigers had that peculiar streak over several years of only being ranked in odd years and unranked in even years. In other words, there was never any sustained success from year to year, not to mention the success we did have was typically a final ranking somewhere around 20.

In no way am I trying to say that TB alone was responsible for the transformation from our Tigers from a borderline top-25 team to a perennial top-10 threat on the rise. However, it would be both unfair to Boyd and shortsighted to perceive his performance as something that could have been recreated by any QB that Morris would plug in.

Overall I don't think there are many areas where Tajh deserves to be criticized as a college QB. Other than his seemingly psychological issues against SC and his performance against FSU last season, he typically did nearly everything we needed from him.

He seemed to have an issue with sometimes trying to do too much in a couple games. I think he put an incredible amount of pressure on himself and held himself personally responsible for the games where our offense didn't perform. That characteristic may have led to a few games where he was unable to find a rhythm, but that same trait probably also had a lot to do with his ability to have monster games from time to time.

Whenever Tajh got himself into a rhythm early, it's incredible the type of numbers he put up in some games.

That being said, I don't necessarily believe that someone is denigrating or diminishing Tajh's legacy by saying that they aren't surprised he didn't make it in New York. I'm just about as big of a fan of Tajh Boyd as there is, and I'm wearing my #10 jersey right now, but I had my own doubts about him making the team after the performance in his first preseason game.

No one knows what the future tolds for him as a professional QB whether that be getting claimed off of waivers, going to the CFL, or starting off on a practice squad, but I think that given a few years to develop behind a veteran, Tajh could possibly emerge as a mid-tier NFL starter one day.

I don't think predicting him to likely not be more than a 3rd string NFL QB for the next year or two means I'm taking away from what he did while at Clemson.

But maybe I'm wrong. Whatever the case, I wish him the absolute best in whatever he does in the rest of his life whether that's as a professional QB or some other career, and he will always be universally loved by all the Tiger faithful.

GO TIGERS!!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

+1.***

Sep 3, 2014, 5:06 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The surprise is not that Tajh was released by the Jets, it's

Aug 31, 2014, 7:55 PM [ in reply to The surprise is not that Tajh was released by the Jets, it's ]

Was he showing leadership during the FSU game last year?
Our great Quarterbacks beat the Coots.

Throughout history, it has NOT taken a great quarterback to

Sep 2, 2014, 1:50 PM

beat the "coots" ... that's only become true lately.

And, good leadership will not always be enough to avoid losing big to a team that is going to go undefeated and win the national championship.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

CFL maybe?***

Aug 30, 2014, 4:56 PM

Re: CFL maybe?***

Aug 30, 2014, 5:06 PM

Due to Nuk Hopkins and Sammy Watkins we won the LSU and Ohio State Game. Tajh even in those games under threw and was not even close to looking elite. I am forever grateful for what he brought to Clemson, but that doesnt mean I will drink the koolaid and claim Tajh the greatest qb to ever play. When things went wrong he made horrible decisions and tried to win the game with his arm. See FSU and Scar game last year. I believe he is an amazing and awesome human being and will always be remembered well. I hope he picks up an ACC broadcasting gig, because he's personality is infectious and perfect for broadcasting, and I truly wish him the best. He gave us his best, and I will always be grateful for that

Aug 30, 2014, 5:14 PM

Don't hang it up Taj, chase your dream.

Aug 30, 2014, 10:22 PM

Only a matter of time. Great college QB, but the NFL is a different beast

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive