Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Tommy Bowden says Clemson's defense holds the key to beating Georgia
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 51
| visibility 1

New Story: Tommy Bowden says Clemson's defense holds the key to beating Georgia

Aug 27, 2014, 1:31 PM

Tommy Bowden says Clemson's defense holds the key to beating Georgia

Clemson's defense is expected to be a strength this season, but former head coach Tommy Bowden said the defense didn't play particularly well in big games last season and will have to rise to the occasion of the Tigers are going to upset the Bulldogs in Athens this Saturday. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Tommy Bowden says Clemson's defense holds the key to beating Georgia

Aug 27, 2014, 1:44 PM

Anyone polled Danny? Tee it up! Dawgs have won the smack talk race which is a good sign!

Re: New Story: Tommy Bowden says Clemson's defense holds the key to beating Georgia

Aug 27, 2014, 7:57 PM

Unfortunately, I think Bowden is right. Our defense is in MHO, overrated. Basically the same players back, and last year UGA ran through, over, and around us. Our offense saved us, but I highly doubt they can do it again. And, in big games, this D gave up tons of points and yards. If we have any chance of winning, it will have to be up to our offense to move the ball, score points, and keep UGA's potent offense of the field. Can we do this? Hell, I don't know, but I doubt it. Reluctantly, I think they beat us by at least 14. Hope I'm wrong, and I may be. I just wish we had one premier RB, which we don't. They have 4. They have one of the better OL's while ours is k undersized and a question mark. Hope this is the makings of an upset.

Aug 27, 2014, 11:31 PM

I think our D will be much better this year.

Aug 28, 2014, 7:00 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Tommy Bowden says Clemson's defense holds the key to beating Georgia ]

Hey slumcoot. How exactly is our defense overrated?! Actually our defense saved us last year and our offense kept us in the game. And I'm guessing you're forgetting about their record setting quarterback who might've, and I'm going out on a limb here, had a hand in being the reason we couldn't commit to stopping the run and with a back like Gurley,only one of the best backs in the nation, of course his numbers look inflated. According to you we need a premier back like anybody saw Rod being that last year. Interesting. Their o-line being one of the better ones? Guess our d-line isn't of the same caliber? I mean considering we brought everyone back they can only get worse right?! RIGHT???!!!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think that stopping the run is going to be a big factor.

Aug 28, 2014, 7:31 AM

They have their own first year starting sr. QB and a couple of WR's out so I would commit to stopping the run until they show they can move the ball through the air.

Aug 28, 2014, 7:38 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Tommy Bowden says Clemson's defense holds the key to beating Georgia ]

(Slumdog)You always seem to spread gloom and doom. I haven't been on here that long, but all I read from your posts is something negative. I'm a little suspicious if you're even a Clemson fan.

Message was edited by: TigerLTF®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go Tigers........Fight Big Cat

Gee--He shoulda been a head coach or sumthin'***

Aug 27, 2014, 1:46 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He tried.***

Aug 27, 2014, 2:02 PM

null

Re: Gee--He shoulda been a head coach or sumthin'***

Aug 27, 2014, 3:12 PM [ in reply to Gee--He shoulda been a head coach or sumthin'*** ]

But just not at a school that loves winning the big games. He would do really well at a school that really didn't ever have any big games.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So what i'm reading is....the Key to winning is the Offense***

Aug 27, 2014, 1:50 PM

2017_nascar_champ.gif2018_nascar_champ.gif2019_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So what i'm reading is....the Key to winning is the Offense***

Aug 27, 2014, 8:15 PM

What you are reading is just another fan's opinion. You don't have agree with it.

Aug 27, 2014, 2:01 PM

His job is easier these days.

Jun 23, 2016, 4:16 PM

But he is still not very good at it.

huh?

Aug 27, 2014, 2:03 PM

I thought we paid him 3 million to keep his coaching advice to himself?

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: huh?

Aug 27, 2014, 2:43 PM

LOL

Aug 27, 2014, 3:20 PM [ in reply to huh? ]

More like 3mil to just don't coach at all. But he has had a lot to say after leaving Clemson. But he is still hardly ever seen, just like when he was at Clemson. I think that the biggest reason we saw him on the field so much at the games. It was b/c he had a fresh looking field to graze on.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 27, 2014, 3:43 PM

In Tommy's defense, he did win a couple of them-- just not when you ever expected him to (i.e. FSU 2003, Miami 2004, etc.).

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 27, 2014, 3:47 PM

I don't want to hear his opinion. Has been... Now sit down, shut up, and go back into hiding.

Aug 27, 2014, 8:19 PM [ in reply to Re: huh? ]

And didn't he beat Carolina, one or more at least.

Aug 27, 2014, 8:43 PM [ in reply to huh? ]

Point
Lol

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I really do like Bowden...

Aug 27, 2014, 2:04 PM

but there he goes again finding a way to work in a subtle excuse as to why he lost to UGA -- lack of player excitement.

Who?***

Aug 27, 2014, 2:08 PM

He should go work for ESPN with all the other failed coaches***

Aug 27, 2014, 2:11 PM

Aug 27, 2014, 2:58 PM

No offense to Tommy Bowden, but he should be the last one offering his opinion on how to win big games.

Aug 27, 2014, 4:13 PM

Not really a new story. I think that any knowledgeable fan already knew that.Bowdens opinion doesn't hold much weight with me.

Aug 27, 2014, 8:22 PM

Well, hasn't virtually everyone on this site raved about
our defense?? So how is opinion different?

LOL, so it's tougher to beat UGa now than then...

Aug 27, 2014, 4:02 PM

...but he still wasn't able to do it.

He makes my head hurt.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's no such thing as a stupid question, just stupid people who ask questions.

Defense and "tons of bubble screens".***

Aug 27, 2014, 4:15 PM

Who gives a flying #### what TB says? Not me!!!!!***

Aug 27, 2014, 4:24 PM

He has as much first hand knowledge about beating UGa as I

Aug 27, 2014, 4:29 PM

do....Why isn't anybody asking me?

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: He has as much first hand knowledge about beating UGa as I

Aug 27, 2014, 8:24 PM

But most of the people on here are self-appointed experts,
who are usually wrong.

Aug 27, 2014, 8:58 PM

Hey slumcoot, I think there's about as many people on this site that give a #### what you think as what Bobby Jr has to say. I'm guessing zero. Go somewhere coot

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Okay, let's see if I've got this ...

Aug 27, 2014, 9:39 PM

Defense wins games and Slumdog thinks we have no chance. Got it!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Okay, let's see if I've got this ...

Aug 27, 2014, 10:30 PM

When ever did I say we have no chance? Show me. You can disagree with me, but don't try band put words in my mouth. That makes you a liar.

Aug 27, 2014, 10:27 PM [ in reply to Re: He has as much first hand knowledge about beating UGa as I ]

There are four letters in the outworn, outdated, term "coot." I think that about a equals your IQ.

Aug 27, 2014, 10:35 PM

I don't like beating dead horses, but you make it tough. There's a reason for the pulse thingy and you continue to prove it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Boom!!***

Aug 27, 2014, 8:45 PM [ in reply to He has as much first hand knowledge about beating UGa as I ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 27, 2014, 5:05 PM

Hey guys ---remember this*****____ if it wasn't for Tommy Bowden, Dabo might still be an """insurance salesman""" !!!!!

Thanks Tommy for that report & hiring someone that can beat Georgia !!!!!!__GO TIGERS !!!

Who care's what he thinks? He's so smart we fired him.***

Aug 27, 2014, 5:39 PM

Anybody got a fly swatter? Just go away, please.

Aug 27, 2014, 6:07 PM

Could care less what he thinks. His "thinking" put the program in the tank, getting worse every year.

Thanks for weighing in, Tammy.

Aug 27, 2014, 6:42 PM

I still don't care what you think, especially since it usually involves some sort of excuse for your own failures.

Thanks for the good things you did for Clemson, especially for recommending that Dabo be given a chance.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Proverbs 16:18

Aug 27, 2014, 7:21 PM

MAYBE TOMMY WILL GO TO GEORGIA AND HELP TO KEEP
EVERYTHING ON THE SIDELINE UNDER CONTROL. HE WAS
ALWAYS COOL FOR THE TIGERS.

Oh, bless his little heart

Aug 27, 2014, 7:59 PM

Talk about master of the obvious. I also think he could never have recruited at the level Dabo has, so he should back off the "talent gap" angle.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Only Bowden would blame his players 11 years later for a 30-0 curb stomp

Aug 27, 2014, 8:05 PM

That was the worst 3 hours I have ever spent in Death Valley in 25 years of attending games.

I even stopped drinking liquor after that day. Went further downhill after the game.

I know, right? Typical Tommy***

Aug 27, 2014, 11:36 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tommy Bowden is a moron!

Aug 27, 2014, 8:09 PM

Thank God for Dabo! Dabo is one of the few things Bowden did right on the feild ( having him on the sidelines coaching ). Other than that Bowdens legacy is the West Zone and heartache.... Endless, relentless, repeated, choking at the last minute because you are too conservative and stuburn stuburn heartache.
I will never forget 63-17, but I'll never forget being 1 play away for 5 years straight either. BC, MD, BC, VT, MD, GT. Oh and don't forget the whipping at WF, or the unexplainable loss at Duke.
So glad he's gone, I wish people would let him retire, and stop trying to involve him in Clemson football in anyway.

Bless his heart

Aug 27, 2014, 8:34 PM

So sad.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Aug 27, 2014, 10:39 PM

Is Tommy still coaching? Why is he giving advice?

Re: New Story: Tommy Bowden says Clemson's defense holds the key to beating Georgia***

Aug 28, 2014, 2:52 AM

Aug 28, 2014, 2:57 AM

Coming from a Coach that lost to Wake. His opinion holds no creedance with me, or any one else that I know of. The grass on both 35 yard lines finally just filled in last summer from his grazing. LOL

Morris and Venebles have to work together.

Aug 28, 2014, 8:40 AM

If the defense is tired, Morris needs to slow the offense down. If Morris has the offense scoring every .4 nanoseconds (or whatever his desired time is) the defense will wear down and it will just become another track meet.

The defense must force stops; they can't let Georgia's offense play keep-away like Spurrier's coots have done the past couple of years.

This goes without saying: the turnover margin is almost always the deciding factor.

Go tigers.

The road goes on forever and the party never ends...

Replies: 51
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic