Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Bills' head coach on Sammy Watkins' injury
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

FB Update: Bills' head coach on Sammy Watkins' injury

Aug 24, 2014, 6:18 PM

Bills' head coach on Sammy Watkins' injury

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FB Update: Bills' head coach on Sammy Watkins' injury

Aug 24, 2014, 7:48 PM

But I guess Its OK to go out and shoot a bird to the world as Mr Football did the other night .. What a double standard Clemson and our guys live by... Yea Yea Yea... just shut up Marrone and call some plays that CJ can get down field on... Oh well

Doug Marrone? Who the #### are you?

Aug 24, 2014, 7:56 PM

Syracuse #######.

Re: Doug Marrone? Who the #### are you?

Aug 24, 2014, 8:01 PM

The head coach maybe ? Lol

He sounds like a braying jackace to me...

Aug 25, 2014, 9:42 AM

Sammy doesn't deserve getting thrown under the bus for telling the truth.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

In a nutshell, he's Sammy's boss

Aug 24, 2014, 8:04 PM [ in reply to Doug Marrone? Who the #### are you? ]

If your boss tells you to do something, usually that's what you do, whether you agree with it or not. Coaches, I'm sure, prefer to keep specifics on injuries out of the public's eye. I'd guess they esp don't want opposing teams knowing the specifics of certain injuries. Not to mention the team mates who hear him saying he could practice if he needed to, while other guys are likely playing and practicing thru worse, fighting for a roster spot. I can certainly understand why they don't want him talking about specifics regarding his injury

Re: In a nutshell, he's Sammy's boss

Aug 24, 2014, 8:19 PM

Wow! You seem to be full of useful knowledge, or maybe something more organic. Granted, Sammy doesn't need to go against his coach's wishes, but the truth usually is the best policy, and that is instilled at Clemson. I believe you may just be a coot.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 24, 2014, 8:31 PM

The coach said " it doesn't make us look good when they say those things ".
Hey Marrone , what makes you look bad is under-utilizing a superstar caliber player like CJ Spiller , or wasting a first round draft pick on a bum like EJ Manuel . Those are the things that tarnish the image ...not a rookie phenom telling the truth when asked.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

LOL***

Aug 24, 2014, 9:22 PM [ in reply to Re: In a nutshell, he's Sammy's boss ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 24, 2014, 9:56 PM [ in reply to Re: In a nutshell, he's Sammy's boss ]

Oh really how many people knew that Grady Jarret played all of last season with an injury that required surgery after the season to fix.... Honesty with the press ,,,, what BS... I do not think Clemson teaches its players to lie but they control who talks to the press and what they can talk about..

Most NFL coaches are a risk hire, and out of their

Aug 24, 2014, 9:41 PM [ in reply to In a nutshell, he's Sammy's boss ]

league. Sammy mother####### Watkins will be around a lot longer than this as#hole.

Haha

Aug 24, 2014, 11:15 PM [ in reply to In a nutshell, he's Sammy's boss ]

No.

Re: Doug Marrone? Who the #### are you?

Aug 24, 2014, 9:52 PM [ in reply to Doug Marrone? Who the #### are you? ]

He is HC and he is required to listen to the doctors... Sammy is required to listen to him... :)

This is nothing new. Players contradicting the staff

Aug 24, 2014, 8:06 PM

when talking to the media never goes well. I don't think Sammy intended to cause a stir or anything, but i don't blame the coach for talking to him about it.

well if the coach doesn't want the player talking to the

Aug 24, 2014, 10:14 PM

media, then perhaps he might want to think about he talks to media about injuries. If the Dr. said he couldn't play then why make the comment earlier in the week making it sound like Sammy needs to toughen up and get out there. Afraid it's going to be a long year for the Bills unless they can find another QB.

The NFL wants the team or HC to discuss injuries and player

Aug 24, 2014, 10:36 PM [ in reply to This is nothing new. Players contradicting the staff ]

status to minimize potential gambling implications. Rarely are there many significant changes late in the week of regular season games- probable means almost certain and questionable means rarely. Gambling's partnership with the NFL is unofficial without formal ties - but mutually beneficial. Even the appearance of collusion or inappropriate communication would incur the wrath of law enforcement and the Feds.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm not too upset and I don't think Sammy is either, it's

Aug 25, 2014, 7:09 AM

just all about how they do things on that level and it's a learning experience for a rookie---that's all.

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic