Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Howard to start against the Bulldogs in Athens
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 56
| visibility 1

New Story: Howard to start against the Bulldogs in Athens

Aug 23, 2014, 5:55 PM

Howard to start against the Bulldogs in Athens

Head coach Dabo Swinney told the media Thursday afternoon that senior running back will make his third career start next Saturday in Clemson's season opener at Georgia. What does Howard say about the news? Why has this been his best camp? Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dont understand this

Aug 23, 2014, 6:05 PM

Loads of talent behind him, while he has had plenty of time to prove himself. Gallman is my #1. Really hoping this isnt a jamie harper situation (as previous posters noted). Wonder if mike davis or gurley woulda had same probs at clemson

A coot who doesn't understand?

Aug 23, 2014, 6:13 PM

Not surprised

Re: A coot who doesn't understand?

Aug 23, 2014, 6:16 PM

Just bc the man doesn't agree with coaches decision doesn't mean he's a coot. Quite frankly, I agree with him. The only reason I think this move is being made is simply based off of seniority and experience.

You're obviously a coot too so of course you would have

Aug 23, 2014, 6:36 PM

the same opinion. That or either a really dim and not well liked tiger fan. We should just fire tony Elliot and hire you two geniuses because you obviously know more about running backs than any of our coaches. You guys should probably be more concerned with what quarter back starts for you and where you're going to find a defensive backfield and help on the line. If Dylan Thompson is named the starter then it's going to be a long season for you.

Re: You're obviously a coot too so of course you would have

Aug 23, 2014, 6:59 PM

Agreed DJ would not start for Furman this is nothing but seniority.

like aarp? so hartins could start? or because he's the

Aug 23, 2014, 7:03 PM

most game ready & provides clemson the best chance to win?

did they put anthony on the bench because shuey had the most seniority or because he understood the system & played better within it?

Message was edited by: deadsolidperfect®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 23, 2014, 7:36 PM [ in reply to Re: You're obviously a coot too so of course you would have ]

OMG, an honest opinion. According to afore-mentioned redneck, you must be a "coot." What a dumba$$.

Aug 24, 2014, 10:16 AM

What is wrong with being a red neck?

Aug 24, 2014, 10:15 AM [ in reply to Re: You're obviously a coot too so of course you would have ]

DJ has already had several starts in previous seasons where he was not the most senior! Y'll who claim this is a bogus start have not watched DJ his entire career, if he had been healthy he would have started quite a few more games.

Aug 23, 2014, 7:34 PM [ in reply to You're obviously a coot too so of course you would have ]

Ignoramus.

Aug 23, 2014, 7:33 PM [ in reply to Re: A coot who doesn't understand? ]

Anyone who doesn't agree with him is a "coot." He incapable of a cogent exchange of opinions among thoughtful Clemson fans. You can't debate total irrationality.

Aug 23, 2014, 9:20 PM

What thoughtful Clemson fans?????

Aug 24, 2014, 10:18 AM [ in reply to Re: A coot who doesn't understand? ]

Well pouring out insults does not show you to be the most intelligent poster either... and is not conducive to a rational dialog.

Aug 24, 2014, 11:32 AM [ in reply to Re: A coot who doesn't understand? ]

In my honest opinion, I think it is a good move. Coaches are going experience in a hostile environment. A better suggestion is a healthy starting rotation of Howard, Davidson, and Gallman. Give Choice second string every game and put him in on third and short situations (no Tajh Boyd at throwing the ball but could invent a play that features 3 TE with Choice and Fleming in the backfield "big & tight" set a la Stanford). And like Morris and Swinney said, they will all play. If you don't understand that, then you have no idea how the system works!!!

we don't need a turnover 1st play like Fla st.***

Aug 24, 2014, 1:29 AM [ in reply to Re: A coot who doesn't understand? ]

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

my God This thread is soiled with coot & dawgs turds!!!

Aug 24, 2014, 3:07 AM

Clean-up! Bring out the hazmat!

Slumdog's still trying to convince himself he's a tiger through the wrong way/ back door...

Oh ye of little faith!!!
Thank the maker our money isn't paying you fools...since you're obviously out there coaching our guys & more certified & knowledgeable & exposed to the guys current level of play.
OF COURSE we take your professional concerns & opinions seriously!!!!

S M H!!!

Aug 24, 2014, 10:13 AM [ in reply to Re: A coot who doesn't understand? ]

Experience is important especially since the DC and other personnel have changed at UGa... Starters have to recognize and adjust after the snap...

Aug 23, 2014, 7:29 PM [ in reply to A coot who doesn't understand? ]

What, if anything do you understand? More of this pathetic "coot" BS, which may have had some cute factor 15
years ago. Now it's just ludicrous, dated, and labels you as you as someone without an original thought in his head.
Maybe you should go back to school. Oh excuse me you are probably already enrolled---at S. Carolina.

Aug 23, 2014, 8:42 PM

Hahahah struck a nerve with slumdog !

Where u at dirty one?***

Aug 30, 2014, 10:40 PM [ in reply to A coot who doesn't understand? ]

Do You Understand Start versus Featured??***

Aug 23, 2014, 6:33 PM [ in reply to Dont understand this ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Re: Dont understand this

Aug 23, 2014, 7:21 PM [ in reply to Dont understand this ]

It seems like the Bowden-type politics. I think we have at least 3 backs who are better than him. But I wish him the very best.

I love these fans who are adamant the coaches aren't playing

Aug 23, 2014, 8:02 PM [ in reply to Dont understand this ]

the best player, that the backup is way better based on stuff they've seen/heard/read.

If you went to every practice this year and had a hand in making the game plan, you might have a legitimate point...

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dont understand this

Aug 23, 2014, 9:13 PM [ in reply to Dont understand this ]

I guess no one remembers when he ran all over VT a couple of years ago.
DJ is a run down hill physical back. Injuries have kept him down . I know everyone wants Gallman but how many games has he been in. I'm sure he's a beast and we will see him play in Ga next week so chill out everything is going to be alright

Gosh, you guys are acting like this is Ronald Williams

Aug 23, 2014, 9:52 PM [ in reply to Dont understand this ]

sitting the bench behind Rodney Blunt. I'm sure Gallman and Choice are good backs, but I don't know if they are a Gurley not getting a chance. If they all are sharing snaps why don't we wait till one proves he's better to start bitching about it?

Gosh, you guys are acting like this is Ronald Williams

Aug 23, 2014, 9:52 PM [ in reply to Dont understand this ]

sitting the bench behind Rodney Blunt. I'm sure Gallman and Choice are good backs, but I don't know if they are a Gurley not getting a chance. If they all are sharing snaps why don't we wait till one proves he's better to start bitching about it?

Re: Gosh, you guys are acting like this is Ronald Williams

Aug 24, 2014, 1:00 AM

At the start of Ronald Williams freshman season, Blunt's experience gained him the start because of growing pains from the RS frosh. But as the season went on, Ronald pulled his game together and won the job. This looks like the same scenario to me because I was still on csmpus regularly during that time. When all things are equal, experience always wins out because the coaches trust the veteran to do the little things right; hold on to the ball, pass protection, line up correctly, etc....

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Article states he will start.

Aug 23, 2014, 6:21 PM

But also that everyone else will get touches. He is the senior, thus Howard starts, didn't say he would get majority of snaps.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Article states he will start.

Aug 23, 2014, 7:39 PM

He won't.

Re: Article states he will start.

Aug 24, 2014, 6:21 AM [ in reply to Article states he will start. ]

johnBell used logic!

He's a Senior, thus he will start!

This first game will see ALL of them play.

Enjoy the ride as we keep Jawja's defense on their heels!

Go Tigers!!

i like it, go DJ, kick some mutt!***

Aug 23, 2014, 6:25 PM

Is this a new story? I thought it was announced a couple

Aug 23, 2014, 7:07 PM

of days ago. Good article and all, but the "New Story" is a little misleading.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

not new to you, might be new to some...***

Aug 23, 2014, 7:08 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm sure it is.***

Aug 23, 2014, 7:10 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

good... i'm glad you're sure.***

Aug 23, 2014, 7:11 PM

I'm sure it's new in Germany.***

Aug 23, 2014, 7:12 PM

- H. L. Mencken

those crazy hessians... they'll show up anywhere.***

Aug 23, 2014, 7:13 PM

hesh your mouth!***

Aug 23, 2014, 7:14 PM

- H. L. Mencken

Re: hesh your mouth!***

Aug 23, 2014, 7:43 PM

I wasn't aware that Germany followed Clemson football. All the better for a us.

germans...

Aug 23, 2014, 7:50 PM

photo germans_zpse4783d3a.jpg

I'm starved for articles about this team.

Aug 23, 2014, 10:25 PM [ in reply to Is this a new story? I thought it was announced a couple ]

I'm glad to have something to read even if it's warmed over.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Howard to start against the Bulldogs in Athens

Aug 23, 2014, 7:45 PM

Howard vs. Gurley....ok

Re: New Story: Howard to start against the Bulldogs in Athens

Aug 23, 2014, 7:50 PM

Yeah. How long will that last?

You doubters will be eating crow. This kid is good and he is

Aug 23, 2014, 8:03 PM

going to surprise you doubters.

I sure hope that he does great but.......

Aug 23, 2014, 9:37 PM

I have never been sold on Howard and he hasn't done anything in his career here that would ever lead one to think that he will have a great year. We certainly need him to, though. Too upright and doesn't hit holes quickly. Hesitant and slow behind the line

Re: I sure hope that he does great but.......

Aug 15, 2014, 9:37 AM

Interesting thoughts on him as I am sure out of high school many thought he was amazing. Spin cycle....

50 bucks says he doesn't get 40 yards

Aug 26, 2014, 9:16 PM [ in reply to You doubters will be eating crow. This kid is good and he is ]

He's arguably the worst starting RB in the top 25 teams. Gallman should be the starter.

Does Morris have a choice?

Aug 23, 2014, 8:57 PM

well he does but he's not starting a freshman.......or Gallman.....or Davidson.

Re: Does Morris have a choice?

Aug 24, 2014, 7:17 PM

You did unstick your head from your rear long enough to read where they said he may start, but it doesn't mean he'd going to be the main guy getting the ball (and those you named will also be in there...even could get the majority of the carries), right? Do you just run around in la-la land all the time?

Dabo ain't stupid. He remembers a freshman with no game

Aug 23, 2014, 9:03 PM

experience fumbling in Alabama's redzone on the opening play.

He's not gonna let that happen in the dawgs back yard and let them draw blood early.

He's gonna go with a guy who hopefully will calm, cool, and collected on the first drive.

Don't worry, choice and gallman are gonna get some carries, and if they earn it, then a lot of carries.

Re: Dabo ain't stupid. He remembers a freshman with no game

Aug 23, 2014, 9:18 PM

I remember a healthy DJ Howard as a newcomer. He got the tough yards and ran through tackles. He could be the bruiser we've been looking for.

I remember Howard having a HUGE fumble......

Aug 23, 2014, 9:39 PM [ in reply to Dabo ain't stupid. He remembers a freshman with no game ]

In the ga. tech game a few years back.

Re: I remember Howard having a HUGE fumble......

Aug 23, 2014, 9:40 PM

the idiots on this board are rivaled by very few.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I can't recall a great Tiger tailback that didn't have a

Aug 24, 2014, 8:17 AM [ in reply to I remember Howard having a HUGE fumble...... ]

big fumble sometime.

But you go start with experience when you're playing in Athens for the first game of the season.

Just to mess with you...

Aug 24, 2014, 9:59 AM

I believe that the only time Terry Allen ever fumbled was when he got injured.

Tigrrfan is a genius***

Aug 30, 2014, 10:39 PM

Replies: 56
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic