Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Clemson OT to transfer
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 132
| visibility 1

FB Update: Clemson OT to transfer

Aug 21, 2014, 11:24 AM

Clemson OT to transfer

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Uhh... wasn't he the #1 or #2 RT?

Aug 21, 2014, 11:25 AM

Clearly the suspension got to him.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I suspect he knew Gore had beaten him out.....

Aug 21, 2014, 11:28 AM

and barring injury would be #2 all year.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

OK, but the #2 guy at OT is pretty important

Aug 21, 2014, 11:42 AM

Anthony played 503 snaps last year and had 3 starts. Losing him is a pretty big deal, especially when the guy starting (Gore) has been injury prone and the guy who started last year (Timothy) had to quit football.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

maybe with all the talent coming in and he did say that he

Aug 21, 2014, 11:49 AM

wanted to start, can't blame him for that. Good luck!

Just seems pretty odd that a key guy on the line would leave

Aug 21, 2014, 12:00 PM

And I'm having a hard time understanding why people on here don't see this is as a pretty big loss. We're in bad, bad trouble if either Battle or Gore goes down, and we now basically don't have any experienced OTs to give them a spell when they need it.

My question is...

Aug 21, 2014, 12:02 PM

What's up with the timing? We kick-off 9 days from today. Why now? Stick it through the year and then weigh your options.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Is it related to the start of school/grades/other issues?***

Aug 21, 2014, 12:17 PM

start of school most likely-- classes started yesterday-- he

Aug 21, 2014, 12:28 PM

can likely transfer to FCS and probably play this year

I could not agree more.............

Aug 21, 2014, 12:04 PM [ in reply to OK, but the #2 guy at OT is pretty important ]

losing Anthony IS a big deal for the reasons that you stated. It's a loooong season and you need all of the depth possible. There is not a big difference between a lot of these guys. Anthony served his team well and you can bet that this will be a problem, if not initially (which I think it will), but over the long haul. We run a fast paced O and fresh bodies are always necessary. Of course, I think that Brooks was a big deal, because I have never bought into Howard and Gallman hasn't played one snap, especially in a huge game in a VERY hostile environment.

Re: I could not agree more.............

Aug 21, 2014, 12:51 PM

not worried about the rb's

Re: OK, but the #2 guy at OT is pretty important

Aug 21, 2014, 1:39 PM [ in reply to OK, but the #2 guy at OT is pretty important ]

Exactly and he was going to get significant playing time...I don't get it, had to be a personality conflict with someone

Re: OK, but the #2 guy at OT is pretty important

Aug 21, 2014, 5:32 PM [ in reply to OK, but the #2 guy at OT is pretty important ]

THAT is an important point. We typically have rotated O-linemen so having more than five guys across the front is important just like it is on defense (four guys).

He wasn't starting at the end of last year

Aug 21, 2014, 11:29 AM [ in reply to Uhh... wasn't he the #1 or #2 RT? ]

but it does hurt depth

Clemson

The ONLY other OT listed on the depth chart is now gone

Aug 21, 2014, 12:26 PM [ in reply to Uhh... wasn't he the #1 or #2 RT? ]

Great recruiting job Dabo, great roster management Dabo.

You cannot be an elite program with only two OT's on the entire 85 man roster.

^^found one^^***

Aug 21, 2014, 12:26 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Because at the end of the game, everyone knew that they weren’t that much better than us or better than us at all."

you mean the depth chart from May?

Aug 21, 2014, 12:30 PM [ in reply to The ONLY other OT listed on the depth chart is now gone ]

We have other guys that have played and practiced that position for quite some time-- in fact, based on SA's decision they had probably moved past him as options

Just some coot jealous of Dabo and the job he is doing.***

Aug 21, 2014, 1:41 PM

Tell 'em capon

Aug 21, 2014, 12:36 PM [ in reply to The ONLY other OT listed on the depth chart is now gone ]

sad

Re: The ONLY other OT listed on the depth chart is now gone

Aug 21, 2014, 12:55 PM [ in reply to The ONLY other OT listed on the depth chart is now gone ]

Good lord mods take out this piece of chicken ####.

null

Aug 21, 2014, 1:07 PM [ in reply to The ONLY other OT listed on the depth chart is now gone ]

Even you will say start and play your best players. And b/c one gets mad and quits on his team, you want to blame Dabo. The Dabo haters will always hate no matter what anybody around him does. And Anthony ain't just gone, he just QUIT. He wants to take his ball and go. Well good luck to him, and maybe at a FCS school he can be the best at his position without having to compete every snap. And the players that compete for a starting job at every snap, is the type of players that elite teams are built with, every snap....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 21, 2022, 9:08 AM

Fk shaq he left us high and dry

Aug 21, 2014, 1:09 PM [ in reply to The ONLY other OT listed on the depth chart is now gone ]

You #### loving coot

Re: The ONLY other OT listed on the depth chart is now gone?

Aug 22, 2014, 11:55 AM [ in reply to The ONLY other OT listed on the depth chart is now gone ]

Deer alltime Clemson you better have another look at the roster.
Besides we have had two potential starters who suffered career-ending injury. Guess that is Dabo's fault how??
Grow up and get behind our team... guess you'd rather have the OBS as a coach?

Re: FB Update: Clemson OT to transfer

Aug 21, 2014, 11:26 AM

that's a loss to depth chart.

Sounds like Gore won the starting job outright***

Aug 21, 2014, 11:32 AM

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Re: Sounds like Gore won the starting job outright***

Aug 21, 2014, 1:23 PM

He said in an interview yesterday or the day before that he though he had. Good for him, and that only means that he worked for it every snap everyday, all in to being the best he can be.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Work harder if you want to start.

Aug 21, 2014, 11:32 AM

It's not rocket science.

Re: Work harder if you want to start.

Aug 21, 2014, 11:35 AM

If either Battle or Gore get an injury or get dinged up in a game, it will get interesting.

Aug 21, 2014, 12:56 PM

You are a #### fan Stanley

null

Aug 21, 2014, 1:35 PM [ in reply to Re: Work harder if you want to start. ]

Our coaches are always cross training guys with great ability and talented everyday. I'm sure we are going to be just fine. Team players are always willing to do what ever they can for the betterment for their team. And they make sure that the coaches know that about them.

If you worked hard, could you start at RT for Clemson?***

Aug 21, 2014, 11:41 AM [ in reply to Work harder if you want to start. ]

If Gore goes down, we might need him to now***

Aug 21, 2014, 11:43 AM

he would start at the short tackle position.***

Aug 21, 2014, 11:46 AM [ in reply to If you worked hard, could you start at RT for Clemson?*** ]

badge-donor-10yr.jpg2006_nit_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We're friends. You laugh, I laugh. You cry, I cry. You jump off a bridge, I get in my boat and save your retarded a$$.

Re: he would start at the short tackle position.***

Aug 21, 2014, 12:17 PM

He was starting in spring??
We have no choice but to start Gore against Georgia because of the suspension? I do not think it is a matter of Gore beating him out?

they were listed as even during the spring--- the coaches

Aug 21, 2014, 12:36 PM

have continually praised Gore as one of the best OL in fall camp-- the job was Gore's, Anthony was fighting for 2nd at this point

See ya quitter.***

Aug 21, 2014, 11:34 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Have you ever changed jobs/companies,

Aug 21, 2014, 11:37 AM

because it looked like a better opportunity?

he came from the lunge to the mange...

does that count?

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

Wait, did he shower first?

It's important.

"Because at the end of the game, everyone knew that they weren’t that much better than us or better than us at all."

What's a shower?***

Aug 21, 2014, 11:47 AM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg2006_nit_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We're friends. You laugh, I laugh. You cry, I cry. You jump off a bridge, I get in my boat and save your retarded a$$.

No I didn't . . . he quit

Aug 21, 2014, 1:11 PM [ in reply to Have you ever changed jobs/companies, ]

and gave up rather than buckle done and get better.

Re: Have you ever changed jobs/companies,

Aug 21, 2014, 1:12 PM [ in reply to Have you ever changed jobs/companies, ]

You ever been a team player?

You need to modify that. It's not because it looked

Aug 21, 2014, 1:33 PM [ in reply to Have you ever changed jobs/companies, ]

like a better opportunity, it's because you weren't good enough at your current position.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

OK...is that a bad reason to switch jobs?

Aug 21, 2014, 1:40 PM

I would hope that if I wasn't cutting it at what I was doing, I would try to go somewhere where I could do better.

The other wrinkle is you're still doing the same thing.

Aug 21, 2014, 1:43 PM

It's not a bad reason to switch jobs if you're going to do something else...

He's a quitter, literally, and I said see ya, I didn't wish him to fail. Not to mention, I've called my buddy a quitter for leaving my current company and going to another...albeit with a better connotation.

Yeah, but a lateral transition doesn't

Aug 21, 2014, 5:05 PM [ in reply to OK...is that a bad reason to switch jobs? ]

usually offer a 'better opportunity.' If he were quitting to focus on his degree or something, that would be different. This close to the game, it seems just a bit selfish to pack your things and say, bye guys, good luck. I know we're thin at the position but I'm sure you'll be fine...

I wish him well, but unless a reasonable response for leaving surfaces...this just seems selfish. Why not do what Blanks did and ask for a RS to better yourself?

he rs'd in 2011.***

Aug 21, 2014, 5:32 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

In that case, it sounds like there was nothing more he could

Aug 21, 2014, 5:50 PM

do other than try harder. Oh well, maybe we're making room for Huggins, Tyrone and Campbell ;P

You can't be serious***

Aug 21, 2014, 11:47 AM [ in reply to See ya quitter.*** ]

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Just krzy.

Aug 21, 2014, 1:38 PM

Or plain stupid according to ragtop.

you must be krzy!***

Aug 21, 2014, 11:49 AM [ in reply to See ya quitter.*** ]

or just plain stupid......***

Aug 21, 2014, 11:53 AM

LOL!!***

Aug 21, 2014, 2:05 PM [ in reply to See ya quitter.*** ]

Aug 21, 2014, 11:38 AM

"I wish to make a clean start at a program where I can hopefully be a starter." Translation: I wish to transfer to a program where it's easier for me to be the starter because I don't think I'm good enough to win the job here.
Wish him the best, but it SOUNDS LIKE he's got to get a better attitude to become a better player. Unless there is more to the story than meets the eye.

What if he actually isn't good enough to start at Clemson?

Aug 21, 2014, 11:40 AM

Why shouldn't he go where he can play more, if that's what he wants?

Sometimes we hold these players to standards we wouldn't claim for ourselves. I'm sure there are some folks here who haven't worked one job at one company their entire lives.

That's an argument that can easily be turned on itself

though.

I hear what you are saying, but there are also folks that think they should be the CEO of a company without putting the necessary time and effort in.

Not saying that's what he is doing, but we can speculate either way on this...

Why speculate in the negative direction, unless

you know it to be the case? Seems unnecessary to call him a quitter, or that he didn't give good effort, without actually, you know, knowing that.

I didn't call him a quitter.

Aug 21, 2014, 11:47 AM

But do we want a culture at Clemson that promotes transferring every time you can't be a starter?

Just saying that you can easily argue both sides of this situation. It's speculation either way.

Someone above did, wasn't referring to you only.

Aug 21, 2014, 11:48 AM

I'm sure Clemson doesn't promote that culture. But Dabo said he worked hard, and that he supports the decision. So I guess he could be lying.

Ok, dude, I guess we could do this all day...

Aug 21, 2014, 11:51 AM

I'm not bashing Dabo. Not sure how you got that out of it.

I'm simply saying that no matter what anyone expresses about this situation on a Tnet thread, it's speculation.

I wish the dude well, as you probably do also.

Never said or hinted that you bashed Dabo.***

Aug 21, 2014, 12:02 PM

Haha, ok.

Aug 21, 2014, 12:03 PM

Let's just agree to wish the kid well.

Re: I didn't call him a quitter.

Aug 21, 2014, 1:16 PM [ in reply to I didn't call him a quitter. ]

I did! Did he quit? Then he's a quitter

Re: I didn't call him a quitter.

Aug 21, 2014, 1:21 PM

lol

null

my goodness!! it was just a press release saying the right

Aug 21, 2014, 11:56 AM [ in reply to Why speculate in the negative direction, unless ]

thing to show respect for the school, staff and coaches that gave him a chance. Haven't you all seen this type of stuff before...we all know exactly what it is. Good luck....move along, nothing to see here.

Re: What if he actually isn't good enough to start at Clemson?

Aug 21, 2014, 1:13 PM [ in reply to What if he actually isn't good enough to start at Clemson? ]

Play more??? Coot he played 503 snaps as a soph. All of cola is partying in the streets

I'll give you an example of why that logic is flawed:

Aug 21, 2014, 11:59 AM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Clemson OT to transfer ]

My son and another kid played the same position all the way through Pop Warner with my son as the normal starter becuase he was bigger and more agressive and could get out to the linebackers and engage them.

When they got to middle school, the coach preffered the other kid because he was good at the dirty cut blocks that GT loves so much. He loved to throw himself into the legs of the DT that was down the line from him. My son was lankier and just didn't do that well at cut blocks. So he didn't start.

Well, my son still plays in High School, starting as a sophmore, while the other kid decided to quit football to become a skate punk.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

so...your son didn't change schools and is now a starter?

Aug 21, 2014, 12:51 PM

how does that make my logic flawed?

Re: I'll give you an example of why that logic is flawed:

Aug 21, 2014, 1:05 PM [ in reply to I'll give you an example of why that logic is flawed: ]

IMO, Shaq is too big to be a really good skater.

Aug 21, 2014, 11:41 AM

Wow. I don't know this young man personally, but he has to understand that from the outside looking in this looks a lot like quitting and running out on your team.

Another Brad Scott recruit that didn't fit Morris game.

It happens! I trust Morris over BS everytime.

good luck. once a tiger, always a tiger...***

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

wait a minute... even if you're not an alum?

Aug 21, 2014, 11:46 AM

I thought those were the true tigers

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

Shoot, even Jeff Francoeur is always a Tiger.***

Aug 21, 2014, 11:49 AM

he said yes once...

Aug 21, 2014, 11:50 AM

what was the question again?

Re: Shoot, even Jeff Francoeur is always a Tiger.***

Aug 21, 2014, 2:23 PM [ in reply to Shoot, even Jeff Francoeur is always a Tiger.*** ]

Maybe he will give up baseball and play linebacker for Clemson one day. You never know? ; )

danny ford ain't gonna like this...***

Aug 21, 2014, 11:50 AM [ in reply to wait a minute... even if you're not an alum? ]

Yep

Aug 21, 2014, 11:55 AM [ in reply to wait a minute... even if you're not an alum? ]

unless you went to Washington and Lee instead...then you're just a coot

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: wait a minute... even if you're not an alum?

Aug 21, 2014, 12:45 PM [ in reply to wait a minute... even if you're not an alum? ]

maybe i missed the joke, but an alum is simply a former student who actually matriculated for any period of time. but in this case, considering he's a legacy, i think he's a #Tiger4Life...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 21, 2014, 11:55 AM

Huge loss here. Sophomore offensive tackle who was Clemson's top backup at the position in 2013 ... has 12 knockdowns in 626 snaps over 17 games (five starts) in his career.

Aug 21, 2014, 11:56 AM

he is transferring. he was not arrested and kicked off the team as it happens at your school.

Can't believe it took that long for superdawg

Aug 21, 2014, 11:57 AM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Clemson OT to transfer ]

to chime in on this one.

He's right though. We might not win a game now.

Should we just forfeit them all now?

So is it, or isn't it, a huge loss?***

Aug 21, 2014, 12:01 PM

It's a significant development.

Aug 21, 2014, 12:13 PM

My comment was relating to how quickly superdawg is here on a daily basis to remind us of how inferior we are to the Dawgs, no matter the situation.

Sometimes he mentions Cole's weight as a concern, sometimes it's how Vandy would have won the Coastal, sometimes it's about how UGA beat us a lot back in the 60s.

I guess we can let him have this one though if you like.

Re: So is it, or isn't it, a huge loss?***

Aug 21, 2014, 12:36 PM [ in reply to So is it, or isn't it, a huge loss?*** ]

Oh it's BIG Andy.... It's real BIG!

Who knows the answer to your question? Only time will

Aug 21, 2014, 1:51 PM [ in reply to So is it, or isn't it, a huge loss?*** ]

tell.

Re: Can't believe it took that long for superdawg

Aug 21, 2014, 12:05 PM [ in reply to Can't believe it took that long for superdawg ]

was he not your top back up last season and also projected starter for 2014? i just said it was a huge loss not that it would cost your the game.....he was already suspended.

Clearly that projection was wrong. He got beat

Aug 21, 2014, 12:27 PM

Apparently we have a better option at the position than he.

JR not SO.. was suspended for the game against you guys

Aug 21, 2014, 12:06 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Clemson OT to transfer ]

was not going to start after that; we have several other back-up equivalent or better options at RT; the only question is who the backup LTs are if Battle gets hurt-- obviously someone else has been back-up during fall camp just can't remember seeing who

Interesting decision....

Aug 21, 2014, 11:55 AM

He already redshirted, so he still loses this year of eligibility by sitting out. Wherever he goes, he'll have one year to play. I don't know his grade situation, but it seems like he could have played this year, graduated with a Clemson degree, and then transferred after the season and still had the same 1 year of eligibility left.

Bingo.***

Aug 21, 2014, 11:59 AM

^^^ this ^^^

Aug 21, 2014, 12:03 PM [ in reply to Interesting decision.... ]

He was going to play a lot this year, so I have to think that the suspension and being in the doghouse for whatever reason explains him transferring. This isn't like one of those guys who never plays just heading someplace to find PT. This is a major piece of the OL deciding he "just wants to start" when he's not far from starting already and we aren't deep at all on OT.

Re: ^^^ this ^^^

Aug 21, 2014, 12:38 PM

But why would he wait until now?!?!

We can only speculate on the timing

Aug 21, 2014, 12:49 PM

Maybe he has realized there's no way he's beating Gore out after camp is now over. Maybe he's in trouble again, and if so, you best believe Dabo & Co would praise him on the way out, as they are doing now. Maybe he's too lazy to work his way outta the doghouse. Or maybe, it's like he says and he wants to go somewhere and be the starter and is just doing it now cuz he lost his battle with Gore. Why doesn't really matter anyways. We will probably need the scholly after all is said and done.

This is a huge loss, make no mistake. We were thin on the line to begin with and now we're thinner. Poor recruiting strategy for OLmen for years leads to this issue, along with poor roster management. Hopefully this current class we're working on is a sign of things to come a far as linemen go, and isn't a one year deal. We can now afford zero injuries at the tackle positions.

Whatever the reason, I wish the kid well. Once a Tiger always a Tiger

More than likely FCS Bound-- expect him to enroll quickly

Aug 21, 2014, 12:13 PM [ in reply to Interesting decision.... ]

SC State?

He can go 1yr FCS and then transfer for 1yr FBS -no time off

Aug 21, 2014, 1:20 PM [ in reply to Interesting decision.... ]

I think he will go FCS route to play this year and do it now when he is beat and potentially does not have the ability to stay eligible the entire season.

You don't know if he didn't respond to the coaches' requirements for academia like GHop did/needed when he was in trouble. Only he would know that and now the coaches when the info gets to them.

Why wait any longer when you know the repercussions and continue on with a fresh start in your limited time.

A lot of players would rather play on a less successful team vs. sitting on a winning team. They love to play and this may be the best route for him to play as much as he can in his limited college career.

This is why I've been screaming the last two years that we needed to sign more than two O-lineman per class.

Any lack of depth issues going forward lies solely on our coaching staff.

Aug 21, 2014, 12:03 PM

Don't any issues at all lie with our coaching staff?

I mean, they're ultimately responsible for whatever happens.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

So Alex Spence gets scholly? (nm)***

Is there more to this?

Wasn't he academically ineligible for the LSU game? Now suspended for the season opener?

I suspect that there is

Aug 21, 2014, 12:06 PM

Everyone involved is saying the right things, but the timing of the decision is odd. I think there probably is more to the story.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I suspect that there is

Aug 21, 2014, 12:11 PM

I agree, I would think there has to be...I mean it benefits him none to leave right now does it? I mean this year will not count towards his year of sitting will it being this late...

Don't make it about his character.

Aug 21, 2014, 12:15 PM [ in reply to Is there more to this? ]

He was on strike three and there is no doubt about that, but competition always instigates transfers. Our talent level is getting better, and is considerably better than when he arrived. He came in at 276 lbs. and is 276 lbs. now, and all around him are bigger and stronger guys. I don't think we can attack his character. I think we have to accept this for what it is. We have better talent now and Morris requires a better and more athletic OL than did BS (whom recruited him). He wants to go where he can start, and he lost his starting job here and see's that he probably will not get it back. I accept it for what it is. Good luck to the young man.

Well...bye******

Aug 21, 2014, 12:12 PM

Re: So what does the new depth chart at OL now look like?

Aug 21, 2014, 12:18 PM

I seem to recall coming out of Spring that Anthony was listed as #2 at both LT and RT.

What is it, currently?

Wouldn't be so bad if Timothy and DeStefano were

Aug 21, 2014, 12:19 PM

not already off the active roster. I guess you can plan for losing one, but 3?

reminds me of our LB situation a few years ago***

Aug 21, 2014, 12:22 PM

Its his own fault he's not starting. He was going to be the

Aug 21, 2014, 12:22 PM

#1 RT, until he got suspended. He still couldve come back and beaten Joe Gore out for the starting job.

He should have worked harder and gained the necessary weight.

he was not going to beat out Gore

Aug 21, 2014, 12:41 PM

Gore killed it this offseason. As long as Gore stayed healthy, he was going to be starting. Battle has pretty much locked up the LT spot.

Eric MacLain was probably ahead of him in the pecking order as well, and from what I understand, Kalon Davis is athletic enough to swing out to RT as well...and the coaches are very, very high on Davis as either a RG or RT.

Still does leave Clemson thinner than you'd like at OT. Anthony may not have been one of the top 7-8 but he still had experience and if injuries hit we'll miss him.

Then We don't want you***

Aug 21, 2014, 12:45 PM

Nm

Re: he was not going to beat out Gore

Aug 21, 2014, 1:11 PM [ in reply to he was not going to beat out Gore ]

This happens when you upgrade your talent. He wasn't going to play ahead of Gore, Battle, Davis, and maybe even McClain. Plus look who's coming in next year. He has the talent to start for a lot of programs, but not Clemson's. This is not a bad thing. The OL is getting better, which is what we've all wanted.

Aug 21, 2014, 12:36 PM

Thanks for the Notice. Way to support your team. " Let me leave you hangin 9 days before the first game"

Aug 21, 2014, 12:48 PM

Thanks for the Notice. Way to support your team. " Let me leave you hangin 9 days before the first game"

Aug 21, 2014, 12:53 PM

wow, what a great bunch of fans we have. smfh.

Betting he would've been declared acedically ineligible

Aug 21, 2014, 1:34 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Clemson OT to transfer ]

We would lose him for the entire year and he would lose his year of eligibility. See FSU WR Isaiah Jones 5 days ago.

Chances are with the redshirt group that we have and 2015 commits, he would not see any significant playing time or any playing time his final year in 2015.

I think this is his best option to continue to play and grow. I think the coaches' see that as well and want to do what's best for him as a person first and then player.

I don't know. Maybe I'm wrong, but I think it is a hard decision that everyone had to make regardless of where it started.

I see I can't even spell academically....hmmmm...***

Aug 21, 2014, 1:35 PM

I hate to see this

Aug 21, 2014, 12:50 PM

His family are Tigers through and through - his dad played on the 1981 team IIRC, and his mother (an acquaintance of mine) is a Clemson alumna and one of the biggest Tiger fans I know. He has always been a sentimental favorite of mine since I have a (very small) connection to their family.

I'm sure there's more to the story than is being released, but it's still a shame. He's a great kid with an infectious smile and he's got a lot of potential. I know it's got to be tough on his parents to see him leave the program. I wish him (and them) all the best and hope he excels wherever he lands.

Will probably never know, but this is sounds like grades...***

Aug 21, 2014, 12:54 PM

Re: Will probably never know, but this is sounds like grades...***

Aug 21, 2014, 2:17 PM

Or something else off the field. I seriously doubt somebody that was contributing at a program like Clemson would choose to go to an fcs program for a CHANCE to start.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Will probably never know, but this is sounds like grades...***

Aug 21, 2014, 5:28 PM [ in reply to Will probably never know, but this is sounds like grades...*** ]

Anybody know if he was taking classes in Summer School? That's the only way that I can think of that grades would be involved at this time.

9 days before kickoff...***

Aug 21, 2014, 1:40 PM

Fire Batson!

Aug 21, 2014, 2:38 PM

signed
sts and ilk

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So you are just going to completely disregard

Aug 21, 2014, 2:41 PM

Jack's role in this debacle?

Can't take you seriously now.

OK, whatever. He's gone.

Aug 21, 2014, 3:16 PM

Doesn't really matter why. Who else we got at tackle? That's all I care about at this point.

No worries...OTs Hyatt and Fruhmorgen for next year***

Aug 21, 2014, 3:19 PM

Eric Maclain and Reid Webster...

Aug 21, 2014, 3:21 PM

Are our other two viable options at OT. I hope their up for it.

Aug 21, 2014, 4:46 PM

If they are banking on Joe Gore at RT, it's gonna be a long year. Next man behind him better be ready

Aug 21, 2014, 5:29 PM

Sorry to see anyone decide to leave the program, but hopefully he can transfer to another program and get more playing time.

There is a lot more to this story than the official stmt

Aug 21, 2014, 7:40 PM

Players don't transfer 9 days prior to kickoff unless there is 'Heat' of some kind. Maybe grades, discipline problems , who knows......he was one injury from being in high demand......even if he didn't beat someone out. I hate to see him go, and hope it is not a distraction for the team. Good luck with your life young man

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson Football, the glory days are here!

I think you are right.

Aug 22, 2014, 1:05 PM

Especially after reading Dabo's comments. He wished him well and said that we will move on. Definitely, not the typical Dabo spiel.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

QUITTERS are afraid of competition--WINNERS welcome it

Aug 21, 2014, 8:37 PM

Go play at SC STATE and enjoy being a starter on a team that wins 4 or 5 games a year...maybe.

Aug 22, 2014, 10:54 AM

I suspect the young man got to the end of camp and realized he wasn't going to start.

If he hopes to have a chance to play at the next level, he needs to be on the field proving himself.

I wish our fans were as classy as Dabo in how they deal with it.

Looking for your best opportunity - especially when you don't collect a paycheck for entertaining fans - makes sense.

To the "winners never leave" crowd - go tell that to Harvey Grant.

I hope the young man does well at his next stop. Glad to once again see what a class act Dabo is.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 132
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic