Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clemson vs Georgia people
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 76
| visibility 1

Clemson vs Georgia people

Aug 19, 2014, 11:58 AM

If you live in the upstate most of you will run up on Georgia fans or alums from time to time. The biggest thing I've noticed that separates us from them is the obnoxious arrogance.

Try to have a conversation with them! Just try. I have no problem with saying they have a tremendous football team and great tradition. But flip that coin and there is no way no how.....even the thought of them showing the same type of respect.

Is it the SEC arrogance? What is it? Coots try that act with us all the time.....but we just laugh at them.

I can't wait to whip these pups....again

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Heck, I'd say if you live anywhere along the Savannah River

Aug 19, 2014, 12:06 PM

from the Mts to the Sea you come in contact with them.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I work with one and last year we talked a good bit of smack

Aug 19, 2014, 12:15 PM

before the game. On Friday he said to come see him on Monday and I told him that I would but I am not like the sc fans that would be waiting at his door. I told him that I knew he would be thinking about me on the way to work.....he was and I did stop by around lunch time

There's a huge difference between UGA fans and

Aug 19, 2014, 12:28 PM

UGA alumni.

Alumni: classy
Fans: Walmart trash

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

I was about to post that

Aug 19, 2014, 12:30 PM

There is a huge difference between a person who pulls for UGA because they went there and graduated and the South Ga redneck who picked U-G-A because it was the only team they could spell.

The problem is that there are few times more of the 2nd than the 1st.

Re: There's a huge difference between UGA fans and

Aug 19, 2014, 1:01 PM [ in reply to There's a huge difference between UGA fans and ]

Can't the same thing be said about us and other schools though?

I'm not saying that you have to be an alumnus to be classy, but I think all of our schools have THOSE fans.

Only to a certain extent. In my experience, there are some

Aug 20, 2014, 9:30 AM

of the schools in the South that collect the majority of the non-alumni fans. Many of whom are classless.

In NC, it's UNC. In SC, it's usuc. In GA, it's UGA. In Alabama, it's Bama.
NCst, Clemson, Auburn, GT fans have a tie to the school. A parent or relative is an alum, or worked there, or a friend went there, or some other tangible reason to pull for that school.

So we all have them, but some schools have more of them. UGa is one of those.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 19, 2014, 1:17 PM [ in reply to There's a huge difference between UGA fans and ]

Many, many alumni very poor too. Don't fool yourself.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 19, 2014, 1:52 PM [ in reply to There's a huge difference between UGA fans and ]

> UGA alumni.
>
> Alumni: classy
> Fans: Walmart trash

Pretty much true for all schools.

It's the exact same thing that was shown by their

Aug 19, 2014, 12:29 PM

failed attempt at a bored invasion last week

Whatever you do, always give 100%.....unless it's donating blood

Wasn't going to share this...

Aug 19, 2014, 12:35 PM

Mostly because no one will care...

But living in North Georgia is no picnic. I'm doing my JOB this morning...getting ready to ultra sound a knee...the patient has on a UGA tshirt...I have on no socks...tiger paw tattoo on my ankle visible....the man says "I would rather have someone else do this...since you are a TIGER"...I said ok...so and so can do it..but she went to Ga Tech....He said well I'm f@#$@&.....

Re: Wasn't going to share this...

Aug 19, 2014, 12:56 PM

lmao.......

Aug 19, 2014, 1:13 PM

I must say, he was deeelightful!! We ended up sharing ournhatrednof USuC.....

Aug 20, 2014, 11:34 AM [ in reply to Wasn't going to share this... ]

> Mostly because no one will care...
>
> But living in North Georgia is no picnic. I'm doing
> my JOB this morning...getting ready to ultra sound a
> knee...the patient has on a UGA tshirt...I have on no
> socks...tiger paw tattoo on my ankle visible....the
> man says "I would rather have someone else do
> this...since you are a TIGER"...I said ok...so and so
> can do it..but she went to Ga Tech....He said well
> I'm f@#$@&.....

Speechless.

Aug 21, 2014, 11:07 AM [ in reply to Wasn't going to share this... ]

> Mostly because no one will care...
>
> But living in North Georgia is no picnic. I'm doing
> my JOB this morning...getting ready to ultra sound a
> knee...the patient has on a UGA tshirt...I have on no
> socks...tiger paw tattoo on my ankle visible....the
> man says "I would rather have someone else do
> this...since you are a TIGER"...I said ok...so and so
> can do it..but she went to Ga Tech....He said well
> I'm f@#$@&.....

PRICELESS

Aug 23, 2014, 5:23 PM [ in reply to Wasn't going to share this... ]

As a UGA fan (and also a grad), I agree that the guy who did that is an idiot. I can't imagine doing that, ever. I really don't care where anyone went to school. I just want UGA to win the football game.

Re: Clemson vs Georgia people

Aug 19, 2014, 12:50 PM

Maybe it has something to do with the overall series record.....historically we just expect to drum Clemson. For me i just can't get past your lack of ACC titles especially considering the the overall weakness of your conference. In any given year the SEC has 6-7 teams capable of winning the conference title and maybe only half of that number in the ACC.....including Cu. The tigers certainly have an easier row to hoe to the hardware, so what gives? One title in 20 years is hard to believe. Hence, at least for me....the lack of respect.

Aug 19, 2014, 12:51 PM

Go ahead and keep "lacking respect" for teams you lose to. Says more about your lack of intelligence than anything.

Aug 19, 2014, 1:00 PM

thank you for sidestepping Cu's lack of ACC titles. Losing to a team will certainly increase my respect for them....even more so with back to back victories.

Bro, your team has won their conference twice

Aug 19, 2014, 1:07 PM

in 30 years. And y'all haven't won it all since before us. Oh, but you play in the mighty SEC. You sound more and more like a coot everyday.

Keep on about the ACC if it makes you feel better about the L you are about to take. Real talk though, do you think y'all will beat Vandy this year?

TIA

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Because at the end of the game, everyone knew that they weren’t that much better than us or better than us at all."

Conference Championships and related

Aug 22, 2014, 10:57 PM [ in reply to Re: Clemson vs Georgia people ]

OK. I'll bite. What helped keep Clemson out of the ACC championships all but one year for 20 years? And what about UGA during the same period?

Lets look at the Coaches at each in the post Ford/Dooley eras, shall we? First, let's look at the Tigers:

1) Ken Hatfield 1990-1993; 32-13-1 (.706), 19-10-1 (.650) ACC; 1 conference championship (1991), once a bridesmaid (1990). Decent coach but didn't really fit, won more with Danny's recruits. Was going downhill when he left.

2) Tommy West 1993-1998; 31-28 (.525), 21-19 (.525) ACC; no championships, bridesmaid 2 times (1995, 1996). Consistent win/loss record in and out of conference, which was terrible. Great guy, but...

3) Tommy Bowden 1999-2008; 72-45 (.615), 43-32 (.573) ACC; no championships, bridesmaid 5 times(1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2008 [w/Swinney]). Always found a way to fold when it counted. At least he got the administration to realize that better facilities were necessary.

4) Dabo Swinney 2008-current; 51-23 (.689), 33-12 (.600) ACC; 1 conference championship (2011), 1 division championship (2009), 1 tie for division championship but missed ACC championship game (2012), one time shared bridesmaid w/Bowden (2008), one time bridesmaid (2013), 2 BCS Bowls (2011, 2013), 1 BCS Bowl win (2013). Bobby Dodd Coach of the Year (2011). First HC job.

Now look at Georgia for almost the same period:

1) Ray Goff 1989-1995; 46-34-1 (.574), 24-28-1 (.462) SEC, no championships, 3 way tie for 1st once but missed the SEC Championship game (1992). HOF QB, not much else. Only HC job.

2) Jim Donnan 1996-2000; 40-19 (.678), 25-15 (.625) SEC; no championships, bridesmaid twice (1997, 2000). SEC Coach of the year (1997). I lived in Augusta during this time, couldn't find many UGA fans that liked him. Kinda reminded me of Jim Carlen at Cooterville with a better record. Last HC job. Guess I can't fault him for the recent $80M Ponzi scheme charge because he was found not guilty on all counts in March.

3) Mark Richt 2001-present; 126-45 (.737) 72-32 (.692) SEC; 2 conference championships (2002, 2005), 1 division championship (2011), Tied 3 times for division championship (2003, 2007, 2012) with 2 losses in SEC Championship game (2003, 2012), 3 BCS/Coalition/Aliance games (2002, 2005, 2007) with 2 wins (2002, 2007). SEC Coach of the Year (2002, 2005). First HC job.

I would say that both Clemson and UGA made good decisions with their last hire, before that, not so much. Both were dismal in the 90s for the most part. Looked like Clemson made a good decision in 1999 like UGA did in 2001 but Bowden found a way to disappoint. Currently Richt has more success early than later, but both Swinney's and Richt's records exceed their predecessors and seem to have a better idea on how to build their programs.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

With all his success, his highest salary was $25,000 a year. The president of the university, Dr. R. F. Poole, feared that professors who earned less would be upset. "He called me up and said that he didn't want me to tell anybody what I made," Howard once said. "I said: 'Doc, you don't have to worry. I'm as ashamed as you are of what you pay me.' " - Frank Howard Obituary, New York Times, 01/27/1996

How many dawg conference titles in last 30 years?

Aug 19, 2014, 12:52 PM [ in reply to Re: Clemson vs Georgia people ]

waiting...

"Because at the end of the game, everyone knew that they weren’t that much better than us or better than us at all."

But the SEC is so much more SECer than the ACC.***

Aug 19, 2014, 1:01 PM

Re: How many dawg conference titles in last 30 years?

Aug 19, 2014, 1:05 PM [ in reply to How many dawg conference titles in last 30 years? ]

well that didn't take long.....but typical i guess. you and others don't seem to want to address my question on your lack of titles. do you really think UGA would have gone 20 years with only one title playing in the ACC? I'm laffing.

You and all your buddies can laff some more

Aug 19, 2014, 1:08 PM

after we whoop your @ss in a couple weeks.

You're one to talk bro.

Aug 19, 2014, 1:16 PM [ in reply to Re: How many dawg conference titles in last 30 years? ]

You still have never responded back to me about gaining good weight during the summer.

Ultimate side step

Whatever you do, always give 100%.....unless it's donating blood

Aug 19, 2014, 1:18 PM [ in reply to Re: How many dawg conference titles in last 30 years? ]

Typical of you to be such a hypocrite. You are the king of running from arguments after you've been called out and proven wrong.

Deflect a deflection? His point is, despite what UGA fans

Aug 19, 2014, 1:23 PM [ in reply to Re: How many dawg conference titles in last 30 years? ]

think, you AREN'T superior to us.

Since 1980:

Series: UGA 9, Clemson 5 (Including most recent game--SCOREBOARD), Ties 1

MNCs: UGA 1, Clemson 1

Conf Titles: UGA 5 (2 since '82--'02 and '05--before the SEC was "The SEC"?) Clemson 7 (1 since '91)

Those are some pretty even numbers if you ask me. Fall back on your conference "strength" if you want but know you will be in the company of the Coots (with their '69 ACC Title).

If you also consider the UGa has managed to out-recruit

Aug 19, 2014, 1:44 PM

Clemson for much of that same period of time, it appears that UGa has managed to accomplish less with more than possibly any other team in college football.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: I'll address the lack of titles

Aug 19, 2014, 2:05 PM [ in reply to Re: How many dawg conference titles in last 30 years? ]

We under-achieved and had less than stellar coaching and recruiting during much of that period. We also had Fla St. to deal with when they were putting together multiple years of top five teams. They were just better than us.

If you answer the same question yourself, the answer may be similar.

The one argument I grow weary of is the "if we were in the ACC....". If we were in the SEC or you or SC was in the ACC, the recruiting advantages, biases, money, benefit of the doubt rankings, etc. would be reversed. If you were in the ACC, you would be an ACC team playing in the ACC, not an SEC team.

Again, I believe the results of a switch either way would produce similar results.

I'll answer you Dawg.

Aug 19, 2014, 2:26 PM [ in reply to Re: How many dawg conference titles in last 30 years? ]

Our AD in the 90's completely screwed our football program. Took T Bowden to shed light on what was wrong and Dabo to take things to the next phase.

Look at where we're headed, we ain't there yet, but it is obvious, to any unbiased person, that we are well on our way.

Go Tigers!

"laffing" is something you should probably talk to a

Aug 19, 2014, 2:38 PM [ in reply to Re: How many dawg conference titles in last 30 years? ]

doctor about.

Aug 19, 2014, 2:51 PM [ in reply to Re: How many dawg conference titles in last 30 years? ]

If it was last year we base on, yes....we beat you, FL State beat AU, and would have curb stomped your team...The lack, obviously that very same team's domination during Bobby Bowden's tenure (which had not only ACC titles, but National ones as well...above your "mighty SEC")....you act like we're the same team now we were years ago, which any person would tell you is no where near the case. Come game day, that assumption for the second time will be what makes for funny GA radio...again.

Funny though you are asking questions that can get thrown right back in your face, leaving you answering the same thing, yet you criticise people for dodging while doing it yourself.

name the 6-7 teams capable of winning the title this year

Aug 19, 2014, 12:56 PM [ in reply to Re: Clemson vs Georgia people ]

That statement can't be anymore true.

And it's been over 40 years since Clemson was considered a cupcake on UGA schedule. Nice try.

But as we've seen

Aug 19, 2014, 12:58 PM

games from the 60s and 70s are quite relevant to the current state of the programs.

This kind of logic is needed when one's team has been surpassed in relevance by Vandy.

Re: But as we've seen

Aug 19, 2014, 1:14 PM

surpassed by vandy? only in your mind....which counts for nothing. ok for you spiller....since your last ACC title Cu is 2-5 versus my Dawgs.

Bro, once again, if you don't see the irony in your nonsense

Aug 19, 2014, 2:18 PM

then I doubt I can point it out to you.

Keep chanting SEC! SEC! SEC!

Sound more like a coot every time.

No, since our last ACC Title, we're 1-0 against your dawgs***

Aug 19, 2014, 2:47 PM [ in reply to Re: But as we've seen ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Don't hit superdawg with facts. His immediate reaction

Aug 19, 2014, 2:48 PM

is to ramble about how Vandy would win the ACC Coastal and something about games from 40 years ago.

It became obvious (in case it wasn't before) from his

Aug 19, 2014, 2:52 PM

"2-5" post that he doesn't know #### about football

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Aug 19, 2014, 2:58 PM [ in reply to Re: But as we've seen ]

How are we 2-5 vs your Dawgs, seeing our last ACC Chmpionship was in 2011? I believe we are 1-0 vs your Dawgs since our last one...

And interesting you try targetung the ACC title thing, yet again not realizing Clemson and Fl State are tied for the most ACC titles at 14 (the same amount of Championships as Georgia)....

supermutt runs when he's proven wrong***

Aug 19, 2014, 3:05 PM

Aug 22, 2014, 9:45 PM [ in reply to Re: But as we've seen ]

The last title for Clemson was in 2011 so that makes us 1-0
against your Dawgs. Not 2-5 like you think.
http://www.sbnation.com/ncaa-football/2011/12/3/2609359/acc-championship-2011-final-score-clemson-38-virginia-tech-10

Re: name the 6-7 teams capable of winning the title this year

Aug 19, 2014, 1:09 PM [ in reply to name the 6-7 teams capable of winning the title this year ]

just look at the preseason rankings.....in any year. you seem to think I'm alone in my thoughts. do the research and see what the experts think.

Re: name the 6-7 teams capable of winning the title this year

Aug 19, 2014, 1:19 PM

Is that the same set of experts who had your Dawgs as shoe-ins for the SECCG game last year?

Oh, you mean how y'all have been generally overrated

Aug 19, 2014, 2:15 PM [ in reply to Re: name the 6-7 teams capable of winning the title this year ]

in polls for about the last two decades?

No hardware to go along with thumping your chest about preseason polls?

lmto @ preseason ranks and the expert commercial

Aug 19, 2014, 2:29 PM [ in reply to Re: name the 6-7 teams capable of winning the title this year ]

sellers.

LMAO

Aug 19, 2014, 2:51 PM [ in reply to Re: name the 6-7 teams capable of winning the title this year ]

"experts".....right....SEC homers

You really think Old Mrs is capable of winning the SEC? Gimme a break

The "experts" rank 5-6 $EC teams in the preseason polls so they stay there all year....go 4-0 against non-conference cupcakes so the rankings are inflated once conference play starts (Miss st a couple years back comes to mind)

At least UGA and others like UT of late and LSU aren't afraid to schedule a tough non conference game.

How many experts picked FSU to win it all last year?***

Aug 19, 2014, 3:05 PM [ in reply to Re: name the 6-7 teams capable of winning the title this year ]

Who Cares about preseason rankings?

Aug 20, 2014, 9:23 AM [ in reply to Re: name the 6-7 teams capable of winning the title this year ]

It matters where you finish, not where you start.

let's take a look at the final AP poll the last 5 years shall we.

2013 – Clemson 8, uga NR
2012 – Clemson 11, uga 5
2011 – Clemson 22, uga 19
2010 – Clemson NR, uga NR
2009 – Clemson 24, uga NR

your SOFT bulldogs have finished unranked 3 out of 5 years.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

This Is Exactly Why Gators Win SEC East

Aug 23, 2014, 6:11 PM [ in reply to Re: name the 6-7 teams capable of winning the title this year ]

your panties are way too tight cool beans. oxygen being cut off. you have no shot

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

*THIS* is the irrational conceit we speak of

Aug 20, 2014, 9:35 AM [ in reply to Re: Clemson vs Georgia people ]

There are never 6 or 7 SEC teams that could win the ACC. You're delusionally buying into hype.

The NFL draft shows the difference ain't that great. For years, a 4-4 ACC Clemson team would wax a 4-4 or 3-5 Usuc team like a drum.

I think stadium size distorts your view of team ability.

I also think the SEC is consistently better, just nowhere near as much as you all and the national media think it is. Play on the field backs me up.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

According to Dabo-- it's Domination

Aug 19, 2014, 1:21 PM

Georgia leads 41–18–4 which, according to Dabo, isn't a rivalry it's domination. My kids, heck my GRANDKIDS, will not live long enough to see this series evened.

Re: According to Dabo-- it's Domination

Aug 19, 2014, 1:28 PM

The last time Georgia beat Clemson was the year Clemson hung 63 on the Shamecocks. Keep talking, cupcake.

Just quoting Dabo --

Aug 19, 2014, 1:53 PM

--so the narrative has changed--- it isn't domination?

I could GAF about a score from 2003 BTW. Nor could anyone else.

Re: Just quoting Dabo --

Aug 19, 2014, 1:54 PM

Am I Dabo Swinney? That's news to me. My latest bank statement doesn't reflect that, but I'll keep checking to make sure my identity hasn't changed.

Re: Just quoting Dabo --

Aug 22, 2014, 9:06 PM [ in reply to Just quoting Dabo -- ]

If you could "GAF" about a score from 2003....

will the score from 2013 work better for ya???

Go Tigers!!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

yep, the year where we opened up with no idenity

Aug 19, 2014, 2:34 PM [ in reply to Re: According to Dabo-- it's Domination ]

On offense and spanked Tenn in the Peach Bowl.

I forget how UGAy finished that year.

I'll wait on Superstrutt to inform me. Lol

Re: yep, the year where we opened up with no idenity

Aug 19, 2014, 3:03 PM

They actually finished 11-3, going to the SEC Championship and losing to LSU, and beating Purdue in the Capital One Bowl by 3 in OT.

Aug 19, 2014, 3:06 PM

if you are wondering, looked it up (2003 season)

My point was, how each team finished as opposed

Aug 19, 2014, 3:18 PM [ in reply to Re: yep, the year where we opened up with no idenity ]

to the start and the lol was because I knew he would inform me on the overall record to discredit our turn around that season.

They were better than us then and should have been, considering the talent gap.

However, 2014 is not 2003.

Aug 19, 2014, 3:24 PM [ in reply to Re: yep, the year where we opened up with no idenity ]

> They actually finished 11-3, going to the SEC
> Championship and losing to LSU, and beating Purdue in
> the Capital One Bowl by 3 in OT.

You mean that terrible team with Kyle Orton?

Aug 20, 2014, 11:40 AM [ in reply to Re: yep, the year where we opened up with no idenity ]

> They actually finished 11-3, going to the SEC
> Championship and losing to LSU, and beating Purdue in
> the Capital One Bowl by 3 in OT.

Ooops

Aug 20, 2014, 11:37 AM [ in reply to According to Dabo-- it's Domination ]

> Georgia leads 41–18–4 which, according to Dabo, isn't
> a rivalry it's domination. My kids, heck my
> GRANDKIDS, will not live long enough to see this
> series evened.

Haven't we heard this before?

Aug 22, 2014, 10:12 PM [ in reply to According to Dabo-- it's Domination ]

Yelp that's the truth and sometimes the truth hurts. At
least Dabo's honest. After Saturday perhaps it will be 41-19-4.

Aug 19, 2014, 2:07 PM

Go to the forum posting Tiger Fans and read what I had to say. I think you have a tremendous football team and really enjoy watching the rise your team has had over the past few years. I also think your players show a ton of heart and strength on both sides of the ball. No reason to categorize every fan the same way. I am really looking forward to next Saturday. Good luck and safe travels if you are attending the game! Hoping for a good early season match up, with zero injuries on both sides.

Nothing wrong with the Georgia folks....They're just jealous

Aug 20, 2014, 9:31 AM

of our beaches.

And I'm not talking about our wimmins.

Re: Nothing wrong with the Georgia folks....They're just jealous

Aug 22, 2014, 8:34 PM

Well yeah. If you're talking beaches, Georgia sucks. I laugh when people compare women, because I never fail to see beautiful women on any decent-sized college campus in the south. You wouldn't turn down some of the UGA women you'd find on that campus, no matter how big a Clemson fan you are, and I wouldn't turn down a bunch of the Clemson women. Some things just transcend football (I went to UGA, so looked up the spelling of transcend first).

LOL....I suppose the great common denominator is the

Aug 22, 2014, 10:03 PM

fairer sex, and no doubt, both Clemson and UGA have their fair share of them!

Buddy, your up late.

Aug 22, 2014, 10:05 PM

Bc I know you will be on this board by 6am tomorrow.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 22, 2014, 8:31 PM

I went to UGA and to be honest, I don't see much of a difference between any of the big-time southern schools. You've got redneck, obnoxious UGA fans, but none of them can get into the school anymore. It's pretty tough, all kidding aside. You've got your obnoxious frat-boy types but then you've got pretty decent people that just love football. I talk to visitors at Sanford Stadium all the time, and really enjoy it. I think it's about the same at Clemson, SC, Alabama, Auburn, FSU, etc. Now, you want obnoxious fans, wear a Mets Jersey at a Yankees game and sit in the bleachers.

Georgia fans are just gamecocks that can read

Aug 22, 2014, 9:04 PM

a little.

Bro, did you call Georgia fans coots?

Aug 22, 2014, 9:05 PM

I mean, don't get me wrong. I don't particularly care for Georgia fans, and I know we play them soon.

But coots?

That's cold, brah.

Come back here after you get back from the game and tell

Aug 22, 2014, 11:02 PM

me that.

Re: Georgia fans are just gamecocks that can read

Aug 22, 2014, 10:08 PM [ in reply to Georgia fans are just gamecocks that can read ]

In all fairness at least UGA is a good academic school. Usually right around Clemson in the top 20 public university rankings. Coots and FSU not good academic.

So UGA has that.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Georgia fans are just gamecocks that can read

Aug 23, 2014, 3:21 PM

U.S. News and World Report 2013 ranks UGA #60 and Clemson #62, so basically, the same.

"SEC arrogance"

Aug 22, 2014, 10:06 PM

Arrogance of Alabama, with the trophy case of Vanderbilt. This is uSC football.

Replies: 76
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic