Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Venables talks position battles at safety and corner, talks Georgia run game
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

New Story: Venables talks position battles at safety and corner, talks Georgia run game

Aug 18, 2014, 1:27 PM

Venables talks position battles at safety and corner, talks Georgia run game

Defensive coordinator Brent Venables told the media Monday that he has been pleased with his defense through the first two weeks of camp, and with a little under two weeks left until the opener is spending time evaluating the remaining position battles. What does he say about those battles? What does he say about facing Georgia's run game? Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

haha, venables is a peach. david, is he tough to interview?

Aug 18, 2014, 1:38 PM

and hope you're feeling better...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Venables talks position battles at safety and corner, talks Georgia run game

Aug 18, 2014, 1:59 PM

O'Daniel to Corner?

no.***

Aug 18, 2014, 1:59 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How about Pagano?***

Aug 18, 2014, 2:03 PM

to corner? idk, maybe david can ask for you.***

Aug 18, 2014, 2:04 PM

David can you ask about possibly moving Pagano to corner

Aug 18, 2014, 2:05 PM

and Spencer Region as a short yardage back?

david's the best. i'm sure he'll handle this for you.***

Aug 18, 2014, 2:07 PM

Re: to corner? idk, maybe david can ask for you.***

Aug 18, 2014, 7:42 PM [ in reply to to corner? idk, maybe david can ask for you.*** ]

Pagano at cornerback?? This guy is a huge, beast of a lineman. Cornerback? Are you kidding?

Re: to corner? idk, maybe david can ask for you.***

Aug 18, 2014, 10:59 PM

> Pagano at cornerback?? This guy is a huge, beast of
> a lineman. Cornerback? Are you kidding?

Playoffs? You talkin bout playoffs?!?

Why not?

Aug 18, 2014, 11:38 PM [ in reply to Re: to corner? idk, maybe david can ask for you.*** ]

Have him "check" the receivers at the line.....this knocking them unconscious

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

no. could not be more sirius.***

Aug 19, 2014, 7:37 AM [ in reply to Re: to corner? idk, maybe david can ask for you.*** ]

Downhill Running When You're Distracted With The Pass----

Aug 18, 2014, 3:51 PM

I think Georgia will try to get that passing game going since all those wideouts have a lot of experience and that will make defenses be on their heels and stay honest. Once they see that, then it's a HEAVY dose of Gurley, Marshall and whoever else. Then off that its the play-action stuff. So that is going to be their song and dance I think this year. Keep the pressure off the run and open you up. Then hit you with the run to take the pressure back off Mason.

Re: Downhill Running When You're Distracted With The Pass----

Aug 18, 2014, 7:41 PM

God observations. I agree. I think we have to play above our level to win this one.

"Above our level" huh?

Aug 18, 2014, 10:00 PM

Is that what we did last year? SMH

When he says "our level" he means the Bulldogs***

Aug 19, 2014, 7:36 AM

Re: New Story: Venables talks position battles at safety and corner, talks Georgia run game

Aug 18, 2014, 4:30 PM

Venables isn't tough to interview....he graciously answers questions. Just don't expect him to really say anything. He plays everything really close to the vest.

badge-seniorwriter.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

In summary, he is not going to fork over the info.***

Aug 18, 2014, 4:32 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

that's my idea of tough when information is what people are

Aug 18, 2014, 4:43 PM

after.

that's what i meant by tough. it seems maybe more than

Aug 18, 2014, 4:43 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Venables talks position battles at safety and corner, talks Georgia run game ]

any coach he could give you a boiler plate interview sheet to just fill in the names as they change each year.

he does have a great chuckle when someone asks a question others know he won't answer or when someone "goes there".

Aug 18, 2014, 8:07 PM

When talking about the potential of the defense this year, the questions lie in the secondary and SAM/nickel positions. When speaking to Venables, he tends to give pros and cons, positives and negatives. When speaking of Mackensie Alexander and Cordrea Tankersly, notice he doesn't laud them, but praises their camp without any negativity. This is huge! Also for him to say that even minus Travis Blanks at nickel, they have quality depth at the position and he has no worries, makes me feel even better about possibly missing Blanks...he was a beast as a freshman. Jadar and Jayron battling it out only helps the safety position, and it gives reason to believe this defense could win BIG games and be the best we've seen in a long time! This will be an exciting year to be a Tiger! Count on it!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic