Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Stoudt says offense will be better than ever
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

New Story: Stoudt says offense will be better than ever

Aug 17, 2014, 6:52 PM

Stoudt says offense will be better than ever

Clemson's offense started slow Saturday afternoon, but quarterback Cole Stoudt said his group eventually found a rhythm and made plays and has a chance to be even better than last season. Also, Adam Humphries talks about the young wide receivers and Stephone Anthony talks about the defense. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't know about better than ever, but agree otherwise

Aug 17, 2014, 7:34 PM

with everything that was said. I think our offense will be very good again, and I think people are gonna be pleasantly surprised by some of the players who will step up. We may not have another Sammy Watkins, but we have recruited extremely well and we should now have plenty of talent and depth all around.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: New Story: Stoudt says offense will be better than ever

Aug 17, 2014, 7:42 PM

I can say this...I SAW practice yesterday. The offense is playing against what may very well be the BEST Defensive line in the country (if not the best complete defense) on every play in practice. The offense may not be the best ever, but they will not see a better defense this year. No way, No how. Our defense is chocked full f talent and are all BEASTS! I can't wait for the season to start!

If the offense is in decent, we will go far! Championships are won with DEFENSE!

Aug 17, 2014, 7:47 PM

Does Clemson practice the 1 v1 every practice for extended periods?

Aug 17, 2014, 7:48 PM

Yes

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 17, 2014, 8:20 PM

> Yes

Even during the season? Do you have a proof source?

Aug 17, 2014, 8:25 PM

Go watch an open practice

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 17, 2014, 8:26 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Stoudt says offense will be better than ever ]

Calm down broski.

Just wait and see folks.

Aug 17, 2014, 8:40 PM

2014 offense will produce more than 2013's. Better in YPG, YPP and points. We'll win more games too.

I'm not calling for a playoff seed until we get past FSU though.

Where's LbB when I need him?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 17, 2014, 10:19 PM

If Chad Klelley would have said that, oh my God what an arrogant punk he would be. Better than ever? Respect your peers and the past legends! I could see it now. Adam Humphries said he loves seeing the QB competition in the article, he must not read tigernet

Aug 17, 2014, 10:25 PM

Just get it done, then talk about it Cole

Aug 18, 2014, 6:48 AM

I thought this was going to be very much talked about. Very surprised, how is everyone handling Adam Humphries comment ab a competition at QB? First year player against the seasoned by the bench senior?

Aug 18, 2014, 8:36 AM

My concern is Cole's words getting misinterpreted by the media. I think Cole said "has a chance to be even better than last season" - NOT that is WILL be better.

That said - I think it will be faster and more consistent, and fewer drives will stall or turn the ball over. JMO

Aug 18, 2014, 10:26 AM

Cole was talking about the offense no himself.... he does have more talent around him than Tahj had last year. Tahj started last year with 3 seasoned receivers and lots of questions at RB, one of those receivers is irreplacable... but Cole starts with 4 seasoned receivers and 4 good RBs a deeper OL and a TE group that may be the best in the country. Legget may wind up the best in Clemson hist.
Cole Stoudt also has the advantage of a D that might give him the ball back at a faster rate with better field position, I expect in some games the D will score more than the opposing O.

That's how I read it, and it's true - we have far more

Aug 18, 2014, 10:37 AM

quality depth at just about every position on Offense than I can ever remember. It's been pouring in in waves year after year it seems since 2011. Cole may not possess Tajh's talent and athleticism, but he has more weapons at his disposal at more positions than Tajh was ever afforded, and with Morris' system, that's dangerous.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: That's how I read it, and it's true - we have far more

Aug 18, 2014, 11:50 AM

Hmmm, don't let Coach Dabo Swinney hear you call our offensive system, Chads system. He will be quick to put a straightener on that is the Clemson System.;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 30, 2014, 10:25 PM

Nm

Aug 30, 2014, 10:34 PM

Better get Watson ready..lol

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic