Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Clemson ranked in Top 20 of AP Poll
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 28
| visibility 1

FB Update: Clemson ranked in Top 20 of AP Poll

Aug 17, 2014, 2:02 PM

Clemson ranked in Top 20 of AP Poll

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The OSU team we beat in January still good enough for 5th

Aug 17, 2014, 2:25 PM

Guess that's kind of a compliment. Still don't really
understand the gamecock love (SEC related) when they lost
as much or more talent than we did. But it's all just
speculation and we can show it on the field instead of
on paper.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The OSU team we beat in January still good enough for 5th

Aug 17, 2014, 2:36 PM

11 win seasons, 3 straight years and a lot of returners on offense are why we are ranked so high. I hope that clears up your understanding, even if you disagree.

Using your same logic, we should be higher then, moron.

Aug 17, 2014, 2:46 PM

That's the point of his post.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Re: Using your same logic, we should be higher then, moron.

Aug 17, 2014, 2:59 PM

What did the Coots offense end up ranked nationally overall ? Its a fair question. Since they have to be basing it on how many OL and Mike (15 car /22 yds) Davis's they have back.
Oh and that weak schedule .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Not sure if serious***

Aug 17, 2014, 3:37 PM

SCAR lost their best big play receiver in Ellington, their

Aug 17, 2014, 4:20 PM

best QB in the history of the school (at least winning % as starter), 75% of their DL starters and three of the back seven on defense. The biggest strength of their defense the last three years was the DL. It is clearly an unknown this year.

Clemson lost the starting QB, our best WR, and our starting RB. We still have plenty of quality players returning with meaningful experience in big games at both WR/RB. The Clemson 2014 OLine is replacing two starters, just like the 2013 OLine did.

Our defense returns everyone on the DL, at least two deep across the board, three deep interchangable in some spots. The LB's are strong/experienced across the two deep, and the secondary has sophomores and RS freshman beating out or pushing returning starters at corner and one safety spot.

SCAR's strength over the last three years has clearly been their defense, although last years was not as good as the previous two years. This years defense, starting with the DL, will be markedly worse than their previous three.

A few of the ESPN pundits on ESPNU have agreed with this opinion of SCAR's defense.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: SCAR lost their best big play receiver in Ellington, their

Aug 17, 2014, 4:58 PM

Our defensive line will be fine this year. We have a lot of big bodies on the line. We'll be relying on more players- but the quality is there. We have plenty that played a lot last year.

Our linebackers are the strength of the team. They played very well last year - some as freshman - and should be a strong and deep unit.

Our offensive line will be better this year - and should be a very strong unit with several future NFL guys on that line.

We'll rely on our running game a little more -especially at the beginning of the year. But we have plenty of quality receivers- and Pharoh Cooper will fill in for Bruce quite nicely. He got good experience last year and is very versatile.

We may not be a top 5 team like last year, but it's a solid group.

In college football, there are more than a few ways to win games.

Re: SCAR lost their best big play receiver in Ellington, their

Aug 17, 2014, 5:20 PM

So yout Dline will be as good without Clowney and Quarles?

We'll find out very quickly when TAMU shows up in 11 days and speculating will be over - FINALLY.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Do you realize you're being overly negative about carolina

Aug 17, 2014, 5:28 PM [ in reply to SCAR lost their best big play receiver in Ellington, their ]

and overly positive about clemson?

QB: Both lost record setting QBs. Carolina returns a player with a couple starts and wins. By default you have to go advantage Carolina.

RB: Clemson lost its 1000 yard rusher. Carolina returns it's 1000 yard rusher plus more experienced at backups. Have to go advantage Carolina.

WR: Both lost best WR. Clemson lost second best as well. Carolina returns more experience but Clemson has more freshman talent. Advantage Clemson.

TE: Push. Both are experienced here and expect big seasons from the position. Carolina's best TE is coming back from injury so could go adv Clemson if he doesn't return.

OL: Clemson lost best two starters. Carolina returns four starters. Advantage Carolina.

DL: No need to explain. Adv Clemson

LB: Clemson returns best overall lb but lost two starters. Carolina returns its entire three deep. Adv Carolina for the same reason it's adv Clemson on DL.

CB: Who knows. Both are breaking in a freshman on one side. Peters has more experience than Williams at CB, but Williams has much more experience and success as a defensive back. Push.

S: If williams moved back to safety it would be no question adv Carolina. But without him it raises a question mark. However, we return more experience at the position and Kearse is better in run support than pass coverage. Push

With an unbiased approach carolina gets the advantage at QB, RB, OL, and LB.

Clemson gets the advantage at DL and WR.

TE, CB and S are all pushes. It's not hard to see why some would out Carolina ahead.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

Re: Do you realize you're being overly negative about carolina

Aug 17, 2014, 5:41 PM

Thank goodness we'll start finding out in 11 days.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

STOP Calling Yourself Carolina!!

Aug 17, 2014, 11:20 PM [ in reply to Do you realize you're being overly negative about carolina ]

No one outside the state of sc calls that school in Columbia, Carolina. You are no Carolina and never will be! Carolina is in Chapel Hill. And everyone from Los Angeles to London recognizes that. Go to Boston and say Carolina ###### - they all know it's Chapel Hill. Seriously, you coots have never gotten it and apparently aren't taught properly.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

But yet you knew exactly which

Aug 18, 2014, 8:02 AM

School I was talking about.

Hmm...

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

Re: Using your same logic, we should be higher then, moron.

Aug 17, 2014, 4:24 PM [ in reply to Using your same logic, we should be higher then, moron. ]

Like it or not, it's called respect.

Like how you pretend to be a Tiger fan.***

Aug 17, 2014, 4:28 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Tell 'em coot

Aug 17, 2014, 7:00 PM [ in reply to Re: Using your same logic, we should be higher then, moron. ]

irony much ?

Aug 17, 2014, 4:49 PM [ in reply to Re: The OSU team we beat in January still good enough for 5th ]

Can't wait to beat that a$$ in November!!!!

lameclucks...smh! I don't get it either...

Aug 17, 2014, 2:39 PM [ in reply to The OSU team we beat in January still good enough for 5th ]

It's a media popularity contest. They obviously watch & breathe, eat, sleep, & reiterate ESecPN & base all there "facts & stats" on what the talking heads say.

I bet they love the $EC network!!! LOL!

I hope this year (& I think we can with this stellar defense) we trounce everyone & show them all what true "Clemsoning" is!...God I hate that term...
But if we can beat everyone's @sses, hopefully we can re-coin it to something positive.
Should already be there if not for coots & the #1 team in the country....

Go Tigers!

congrats (not really) on the best streak ever in SCU history clucker!

Aug 17, 2014, 2:45 PM

We won't be seeing you on here much longer.

Y'all USuCkers will drop off this year & get back to the joke of the league & country...
& I'll be laughing my head off & loving it!!!

Keep thinking, like the media, that you can continue success without some of the best players to don a chitty nasty garnet & black jersey....lol!

Proof brainwashing works...that must be some killer kool-aid ;)

Aug 17, 2014, 4:35 PM [ in reply to The OSU team we beat in January still good enough for 5th ]

I think the reason for the gamecock love in the polls, even after losing a lot of stars, is the media perception that there is quality depth to replace those players. We never had to win a game with tahj hurt so we couldn't prove it. But shaw and lattimore get hurt and Dylan Thompson and Brandon wilds come to Death Valley in 2012 and looked great. Now we get our chance to show we aren't just tahj and Sammy.

I agree both SC and CU lost about the same amount of talent

Aug 17, 2014, 7:35 PM [ in reply to The OSU team we beat in January still good enough for 5th ]

But I think voters give SC more love bc of what SC has accomplished the last three years and that we are bringing back more experience at the most important position, quarterback. Preseason polls don't mean anything so who cares . Good thing we get to prove who the better team is on the field every season

Re: FB Update: Clemson ranked in Top 20 of AP Poll

Aug 17, 2014, 2:41 PM

To put OSU that far out a head of us, hopefully it shows our guys just how much they are being disrespected to their faces. And it gives them that nasty attitude that it will take to get them past UGA and FSU. If it does, hopefully our D will be on a mission the rest of the way to try and shut everybody else out.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Though Its Early Now..We Should Be Between 12 And 15..IMO.***

Aug 17, 2014, 2:56 PM

I said 15-18 but that is splitting hairs

Aug 17, 2014, 5:18 PM

Its close enough. Now let's prove em wrong!

Re: Though Its Early Now..We Should Be Between 12 And 15..IMO.***

Aug 17, 2014, 5:58 PM [ in reply to Though Its Early Now..We Should Be Between 12 And 15..IMO.*** ]

I'm not saying that I don't agree where we're at in the poles. But I am disagreeing to where they have the coots. Like us, they lost a lot of program/game changers. But unlike us, their not expected to skip a beat as if they are a reload team that's far ahead of us. And that is totally the most asinine bull sh!t I've ever heard. We Clemson are a lot closer to being a reload team than the coots are. And that's my most honest opinion.

Message was edited by: allorangeallthetime52®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

During what game do you think the dirtpeckers will

Aug 17, 2014, 3:06 PM

distribute their "preseason top 10" rings?

I am the owner of Mobley's Diamond Exchange.....

Aug 17, 2014, 5:39 PM

.....and we just received their order this afternoon. For some reason they wanted to put National Champs 07, 08, 09, 10, 11 and 2012.

They had better give them out before kickoff with A&M.

Aug 17, 2014, 7:53 PM [ in reply to During what game do you think the dirtpeckers will ]

May not be applicable afterwards.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FB Update: Clemson ranked in Top 20 of AP Poll

Aug 17, 2014, 11:26 PM

The chickens at 9 pizzes me off wore than anything.

Replies: 28
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic