Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Swinney not pleased with the effort given at Wednesday's scrimmage
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

New Story: Swinney not pleased with the effort given at Wednesday's scrimmage

Aug 13, 2014, 2:18 PM

Swinney not pleased with the effort given at Wednesday's scrimmage

Dabo Swinney was not pleased with the way his team practiced Wednesday morning, calling out players, coaches and himself. What were the reasons for his displeasure? How is Tyshon Dye's rehab coming along? Who are some of the players who have really performed well during camp? Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Swinney not pleased with the effort given at Wednesday's scrimmage

Aug 13, 2014, 2:23 PM

THE MOT aint gonna like the fact that greenlee is coming on and might actually be a football player.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dad's on training staff... I never questioned it.***

Aug 13, 2014, 2:36 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Swinney not pleased with the effort given at Wednesday's scrimmage

Aug 13, 2014, 3:03 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Swinney not pleased with the effort given at Wednesday's scrimmage ]

So who threw the pick six?

I'll believe it when he actually sees the field

Aug 13, 2014, 4:11 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Swinney not pleased with the effort given at Wednesday's scrimmage ]

In the past Dabo has praised the likes of Drew Traylor.

This year Dabo has also had great things to say about Rex Ryan's kid, and the odds that he ever cracks the depth chart are almost zero.

Aug 13, 2014, 4:25 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Swinney not pleased with the effort given at Wednesday's scrimmage ]

No matter what he does some here wont be pleased because he wasnt highly rated enough coming out of high school

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 13, 2014, 7:50 PM

Right. A great work ethic, added size and strength trumphs stars by someone's name almost every time. But, you are right. Some on this board will never accept that. Help me out here. He's put on about a 25 pounds,
right?

Aug 13, 2014, 7:43 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Swinney not pleased with the effort given at Wednesday's scrimmage ]

Greenlee obviously knows the way to the weight room, and it shows. He's going to be a stud. He needs to talk with some our other players who apparently haven't made their way over there yet.

Good. They needed to have a bad day so the coaches

Aug 13, 2014, 2:33 PM

could ride them for it.

Re: Good. They needed to have a bad day so the coaches

Aug 13, 2014, 3:00 PM

Did you read all of what he had to say. He said that the coaches also hit the wall of fail. When your coaches are having a bad or fail day, just maybe everyone should just take the rest of the day off. Give everybody a chance to clear their heads, and hopefully have a better day tomorrow!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Good. They needed to have a bad day so the coaches

Aug 13, 2014, 8:02 PM

I guess everyone has a bad day, but if you have it on a game day that spells a loss. Don't excuse it. Kick a$$ and take names. We've got an away game against an elite team on the 30th. We can't afford bad (or unmotivated) days. How you practice is how you play. Is this tough?
Yes. But, do we want to be just average or great? Being great doesn't come cheap. From the coaches' comments, I'm frankly uneasy at this point.

Nah, I'm a fan of wake up calls during camp rather than

Aug 13, 2014, 9:15 PM [ in reply to Re: Good. They needed to have a bad day so the coaches ]

games. I don't really care who's shouldering the blame, it's good to have things shaken up now whether it's the coaches or the players or both that need to get their heads out of their butts.

I say give 'em h*ll Dabo----this is what camp is all about!***

Aug 14, 2014, 8:55 AM

Aug 13, 2014, 3:04 PM

So who threw the pick six?

Aug 13, 2014, 3:11 PM

They really don't give us stats anymore, so unless it's in the official release from the school later we'll never know.

While I don't doubt Dabo one bit, we are getting an

Aug 13, 2014, 3:32 PM

awful lot of coach speak at this point, and not a ton of information aside from injury updates. I've never heard of a college football coach who wasn't disappointed with the effort of his team at some point in fall practice and went on about how they would have gotten their a$$es handed to them had they played a real opponent that day. I understand that though, just guess I'm ready to get beyond all of this now and get this thing started.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Yeah, a little "negative motivation", methinks***

Aug 13, 2014, 4:06 PM

Re: While I don't doubt Dabo one bit, we are getting an

Aug 13, 2014, 8:15 PM [ in reply to While I don't doubt Dabo one bit, we are getting an ]

On a slightly different tangent, I starting to get really worried about our injuries.

I was waiting on the yearly "bad practice"

Aug 13, 2014, 6:08 PM

Happens every year. Not sure if it's true or even effective, but Dabo always has one bad Fall practice every year.

Tomorrow or Saturday's scrimmage, he'll be "proud of the way they responded."

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I was waiting on the yearly "bad practice"

Aug 13, 2014, 8:17 PM

You may be right, but I think Dabo calls it as he sees it.

I think The Marine gets it....he must have been through this

Aug 14, 2014, 8:57 AM

before.

Finally

Aug 13, 2014, 7:05 PM

I was starting to think we were a lock for the national championship game.

We have been "excellent" in every phase so far.

Re: Finally

Aug 13, 2014, 8:20 PM

Excellent in every phase?? Really? At OL? At RB?

I thought we were going to be lucky to get a first down so I

Aug 14, 2014, 8:59 AM [ in reply to Finally ]

am ecstatic!!

Aug 14, 2014, 3:00 AM

I'm starting to worry about the injuries. As far as a bad day, Dabo spread the blame from top to bottom. There is always AF least in bad day. But when your practicing 3 different groups if will certainly mess up your rythem and continuality.

Replies: 24
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic