Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: IPTAY supplies band with new uniforms for 2014 season
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 31
| visibility 1

FB Update: IPTAY supplies band with new uniforms for 2014 season

Aug 11, 2014, 6:30 PM

IPTAY supplies band with new uniforms for 2014 season

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Like the first two, "contemporary" - ehhh, not so much***

Aug 11, 2014, 6:37 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aren't those ski mask style

Aug 11, 2014, 6:42 PM

face dickie thingys going to be very hot for the first few games ???

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Awww - was hoping they would bring back the pith helmets.***

Aug 11, 2014, 6:43 PM

Re: tried to sell a new pith helmet in a yard sale.

Aug 11, 2014, 9:47 PM

even had a sign that it had "never been pithed in". didnt help a bit. ;)

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

they're spending money on this, before the oculus?***

Aug 11, 2014, 6:45 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FB Update: IPTAY supplies band with new uniforms for 2014 season

Aug 11, 2014, 6:53 PM

Can IPTAY please follow Dabo's lead !?!?

More Orange and White......Less Purple. Just this guys opinion, but yuuuuuuccccckkkkk.

I was actually hoping for new band unis, but these look very similar to the ones they are replacing. #halloween
#notsharp

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nice to see

Aug 11, 2014, 7:15 PM

IPTAY giving support to the "Band That Shakes the Southland"!!!!

As a former band parent, I know how much the uniforms mean to the band and to the total experience for game day both at Death Valley and for road games.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The right response

Feb 7, 2021, 11:48 AM

Other beotchers gotta beotch.....

Re: Nice to see

Aug 11, 2014, 8:10 PM [ in reply to Nice to see ]

None better, and our players and fans deserve it, and our foes need to long for it!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Pretty much everything tiger band has comes from IPTAY.***

Aug 11, 2014, 9:45 PM [ in reply to Nice to see ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Is the band really that large this year? I counted around

Aug 11, 2014, 7:33 PM

250 last year. Hope they're louder than ever. It would be nice not to have to mic the band when they play in the stands. We need more brass with trombones, trumpets and tubas and less woodwinds to get that chest-thumping sound reverberating through the Valley.

300 members exactly, largest ever***

Aug 11, 2014, 9:54 PM

The email I got from CUTBA said the band is expected to be

Aug 11, 2014, 11:49 PM [ in reply to Is the band really that large this year? I counted around ]

between 310-320 members strong this year. Biggest band ever.

They always order extra uniforms, as different heights and shapes of members change in the band each year. For example, 10 Drum Major uniforms. Usually have 3-4 drum majors (3 lately, used to have 4).

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You have to order more uniforms than band members

Aug 12, 2014, 7:49 AM [ in reply to Is the band really that large this year? I counted around ]

Simply because you can't customize the uniform sizes to a person. So there have to be spares available.

Is this what you do at games? Count the band members?***

Aug 12, 2014, 8:12 AM [ in reply to Is the band really that large this year? I counted around ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsonrulez08.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please forgive me, @IneligibleUser

Re: Is the band really that large this year? I counted around

Aug 12, 2014, 10:16 AM [ in reply to Is the band really that large this year? I counted around ]

Move them and you could hear them.

You're probably gonna hear them continue to be mic'd

Aug 12, 2014, 1:49 PM [ in reply to Is the band really that large this year? I counted around ]

If they would move them to the spot where the visiting bands currently sit, then there would be no need (as the visiting band is usually well-heard regardless of size).

But they seem to want to keep the band where it is now, and without the mics you can barely hear them in the North Upper Deck (even if they added 100 more members).

GO TIGERS

So much better than in the 90's when they were red

Aug 11, 2014, 7:52 PM

with an orange paw. It was absolutely heinous.

They weren't red

Aug 12, 2014, 7:50 AM

But they did look that way from a distance/on TV. Up close they were very definitely orange. But it was a darker orange than Clemson's used to (for durability purposes) and people got their panties in a wad.

I think the awful black pants they wore with them

Aug 12, 2014, 1:50 PM

made them look more red as well. Made it look like UGA band uniforms or something.

GO TIGERS

Clemson had black pants with the prior uniforms too

Aug 12, 2014, 9:52 PM

But they were only worn for away games. For home games we wore cream-colored pants. The problem with white or off-white pants is they get dirty easily, and when the uniforms are only washed 1-2 times a year that becomes a problem.

That being said, black pants were not a band favorite--especially considering black was a primary or accent color for so many opponents like SCar, UGA, Maryland, NC State. It was kind of a necessary evil though. At the time, purple was not being used anywhere on campus except maybe the baseball team.

Aug 11, 2014, 8:09 PM

I want them to look the sharpest in the world, and when they hit that last note of Tiger Rag, fire that cannon, and the "Most Exciting 25 Seconds In College Football" begins, I want Tiger Band to have brought it just like the fans do, the coaches and the team will all season long. God help me, I do love it so!!!

I wish they would bring back the pith hats

Aug 11, 2014, 9:33 PM

Nm

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Very, Very Excited. Very, Very Proud.

Best band going to be best dressed!!***

Aug 11, 2014, 10:22 PM

I can't wait to be wearing one!

Aug 12, 2014, 12:03 AM

Camp starts in two days!! Georgia in 18 days!! Go Tigers!

It's about time. Although I would prefer Orange pants with

Aug 12, 2014, 12:03 AM

a purple stripe. But the uniforms the band were wearing, were old and looking well used.

Re: It's about time. Although I would prefer Orange pants with

Aug 12, 2014, 12:39 AM

Agree! These are nice but I'm not a big fan of equal purple and orange in any uniforms. I prefer mostly orange with purple accents or the reverse.

New unis after 9 seasons. Impressive.

Aug 12, 2014, 12:31 AM

The "red" and black unis before those were 15+ years old by the time they were replaced in 2005.

I also agree that the pith helmet is overdue for a resurgence.

"red" uniforms were either 1992 or 1993

Aug 12, 2014, 7:54 AM

I was a freshman in 1991 and wore the uniforms with the one-shouldered cape. I believe they were replaced in 1992, but it could have been 1993. Either way, 12-13 years is too long; ideally those things need to be replaced every 7-8 years.

Aug 12, 2014, 6:03 AM

Thank you IPTAY!!! This 5.2 decade Tiger fan will be very proud to see our Clemson Tiger band march onto any field displaying our proud colors with class, integrity, and Clemson Tiger Pride second to none. Again, Thank You!!!

As a former Tiger Band member, and a big fan of purple,

Aug 12, 2014, 7:58 AM

I have to confess I am not a huge fan of the shade of purple on these uniforms. It's way too light. I also thing there are too many purple accents, especially the orange and purple shakers.

I would also rather see orange pants although there has to be some reason they've never used them.

I do like the tops a lot, though. All 3 are awesome designs. I noticed they've got "IPTAY" on the shoulder, though, which has not been done before to my knowledge. I'm kind of "eh" about the advertising, although I also know IPTAY is *extremely* generous to the marching band--which is rare in the college world--and has been for decades, so I can't really be negative about it.

Replies: 31
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic