Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Guillermo thinks the offensive line has enough fight to be successful
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 3,178

New Story: Guillermo thinks the offensive line has enough fight to be successful

Aug 11, 2014, 6:19 PM

Guillermo thinks the offensive line has enough fight to be successful

The offensive line might be the unit with the most question marks heading into the opener at Georgia, but center Jay Guillermo says the group has the right amount of fight and has built chemistry throughout the summer. What does he say about Clemson's defensive line? What does he say about being on a no-name offense? Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Guillermo thinks the offensive line has enough fight to be successful

Aug 11, 2014, 6:32 PM

Guillermo did not have a bunch of stars but he was the 13th best center by rivals coming out of HS. Now a RS Sophomore and ready to play. Crowder and Kalon are ready to go as well.. I am not convinced how good they will be but I think this OL will be better than last years.. and the deepest we have had in a long time.. For many years we have had walk on OL contributing or starting... not this year.. not a walk on in the 2 deep at this point.

Deep indeed

Aug 11, 2014, 7:54 PM

And I like their "us against the world" attitude. They're going to get beat on an occasional play but they're gonna come back major pizzed on the next play. Man, I'm looking forward to this season. This is the deepest most talented team we've ever had.

Spot the #### ball!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Re: New Story: Guillermo thinks the offensive line has enough fight to be successful

Aug 11, 2014, 7:59 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Guillermo thinks the offensive line has enough fight to be successful ]

Ihaselden, you have nailed it well. I, like you, believe this OL will be the best and deepest we have had in a long time, and I think our RB's will be the best we've fielded in a long time. I just wish JD and CJ had the OL these current RB's have. That said, there is a lot of proving to do by our OL and our offense as as a unit. I can't wait to see who is right. You and me, or the pundits who see a half empty glass all the time. I'd bet on us!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Guillermo was rated the #1 center by ESPN, #6 by Scout,

Aug 11, 2014, 8:30 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Guillermo thinks the offensive line has enough fight to be successful ]

1st Team All-American by Sports Illustrated, and played in the Under Armour All Star game, so as far as centers go, he was a true blue-chipper and was very highly regarded.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Am I the only one that's worried by this article?

Aug 11, 2014, 11:03 PM

Yes, we do have a good D line, but to hear that our O line is getting frustrated by them is a bit concerning. I don't scout other teams, but how do you think our D line compares to those that we'll face this year? I assume that FSU's is pretty close and they gave us fits last year. What about UGA's? Cootcocks?

This is how I know that football season is drawing near. My excitement starts to turn into nervousness.

Go Tigers!

We have the best dline in the country

Aug 11, 2014, 11:05 PM

I'd freak out if our oline dominated them.

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

I'd like to hear that they're winning sometimes though

Aug 12, 2014, 10:15 AM

that article kind of sounded like they're getting whipped up and down the field and missing a lot of assignments. Hopefully that's not actually the case, but if it is, it's cause for some concern.

Re: Am I the only one that's worried by this article?

Aug 12, 2014, 12:34 AM [ in reply to Am I the only one that's worried by this article? ]

The most talented DL we will face is FSU... OL as well.....

I think our OL will be good not as good as FSU's or USC's but I think our DL will be the best on the field in the 4th quarter of every game.

Aug 12, 2014, 2:45 AM

I think with the depth on the O line, the returning experience, the running back group and the QB's along with tight ends and receivers, we will be cine. Let the media say we have no offense since Tajh and Sammy are gone. Let them say it loud enough where the opposition starts to believe it. Then the no name offense will hit em hard and often and show them that we simply reloaded and are just as good as last year !
SPOT THE BALL and let's get started. GO TIGERS !!

I'm not seeing a ton of depth on the O line

Aug 12, 2014, 10:16 AM

and that's what worries me.

Re: I'm not seeing a ton of depth on the O line

Aug 12, 2014, 10:19 AM

10 deep dont worry me a lot

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Did you say that in 2008?

Aug 12, 2014, 10:37 AM

I don't think this line can possibly be that bad, but I'm nervous until I see these guys actually play.

Aug 12, 2014, 6:18 AM

The defense was "no name" and we see how that turned out. Not worried at all

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 12, 2014, 6:19 AM

Insert *last summer after "no name"

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 14
| visibility 3,178
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic