Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Morris: Offense and waterboys ready to fight anybody and everybody
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

New Story: Morris: Offense and waterboys ready to fight anybody and everybody

Aug 9, 2014, 7:19 PM

Morris: Offense and waterboys ready to fight anybody and everybody

Offensive coordinator Chad Morris said Saturday that the running back competition is still too close to call, and the coaches will just have to go with the hot hand. What young receivers are getting noticed? Which offensive lineman has stepped up? Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole Stoudt

Aug 9, 2014, 7:25 PM

Does this mean that his being dinged up at the scrimmage is of no worries?

Re: Cole Stoudt

Aug 9, 2014, 7:34 PM

Like I said on here earlier... His dad told me that Cole was fine. A d lineman rolled up on him but he's OK. No worries.

badge-seniorwriter.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 9, 2014, 7:36 PM

Thanks for the update, much appreciated!

Aug 9, 2014, 8:46 PM

How can anyone not be worried about our OL? Gore at 6'5" should weigh well over 300. Battle is ridiculously underweight. You just don't become physical by deciding to, when you haven't put in the time in the weight room or gotten with the nutrition program in order to develop the size and strength to be physical. Too late for these guys. Our OL will be mediocre at best, unless some of the big, strong RS freshmen step up. Hope I'm wrong, but I fear our running game will be stuffed and our QB's no time to throw.

Aug 9, 2014, 8:50 PM

I am just glad none of our guys are over 300 lbs, they could roll up on Stoudt and injure him next time.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

safety first...

Aug 9, 2014, 8:52 PM

i'm glad someone was thinking ahead.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: safety first...

Aug 9, 2014, 8:57 PM

of course, because at the end of the day we are all winners if no one is injured.

i hope it's a really big podium...

Aug 9, 2014, 8:59 PM

it's going to get crowded up there.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: i hope it's a really big podium...

Aug 9, 2014, 9:00 PM

I am not talking 5th place rings here, geez.

i'm feeling pretty good about me right now... you?***

Aug 9, 2014, 9:01 PM

Re: i'm feeling pretty good about me right now... you?***

Aug 9, 2014, 9:03 PM

oh yeah, just smoked a huge spliff.

you go ahead, take your victory lap... you've earned it.***

Aug 9, 2014, 9:04 PM

Re: you go ahead, take your victory lap... you've earned it.***

Aug 9, 2014, 9:08 PM

I did that too, wait whut?

Aug 10, 2014, 8:40 AM [ in reply to Re: Cole Stoudt ]

That's my concern as well.
Third and short may be a huge concern. Taj was brilliant last year in those situations using his feet.
I'm afraid this may be our Achilles heel. I sincerely hope I'm off base on this assessment.
GO TIGERS! BEAT GA. !!!

Aug 10, 2014, 9:37 AM

For the 1st time in 5 years we have 4+ RBs over 200 we have 2 that will take snaps at RB that are over 230.... JJ McCullough and the baseball guy that came in this year.
Stoudt added 20+ pounds this year as well so that he can make some of those power runs..... I look forward to seeing if they put JJ in the backfield in some of those short yardage situations.

Aug 10, 2014, 9:31 AM [ in reply to Re: Cole Stoudt ]

We will soon find out if you are a prophet or sniffing the glue over at other web sites!
For 3 or 4 seasons in a row, we have had 1000 yd russhers and 3000 yd passers... that does not happen without a decent OL! Several of the OL that have graduated are playing in the NFL!
Our OL has to be ready to go 90+ plays a game, they practice at a speed that few other teams see in a game. The OL that can maintain 330+ practicing and playing that fast are few if any.
I think this will be the best OL since Dabo became HC and likely the best since the frist half of Spiller's freshman year, but that OL had no depth and when 1 went down it was never the same. This OL has quality and depth I am not sure Clemson has ever had in my 60+years.
The proof is in the pudding, I predict 2000+ yds rushing and 3000+yds passing this year..... if my prophecy is correct please stop denigrating our OL, DL, strength and conditioning. You were wrong again! If you are correct then I will stop defending our strength and conditioning. This is the first time in a long time that we have more than 5 OL in the 2deep that weighed in 300+ when they came on campus.

Re: New Story: Morris: Offense and waterboys ready to fight anybody and everybody

Aug 10, 2014, 9:01 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Morris: Offense and waterboys ready to fight anybody and everybody

Aug 10, 2014, 2:05 PM

excuse me but aren't most of our 'waterboys' actually 'watergirls'? ? ?
I'm not saying they probably can't fight with the best of them but shouldn't they get a shoutout too?

Lawadamarsy yes. Didn't mean to offend our wimmins:

Aug 10, 2014, 3:23 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic