Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: PAW drill highlights Wednesday practice
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 48
| visibility 1

New Story: PAW drill highlights Wednesday practice

Aug 6, 2014, 6:46 PM

PAW drill highlights Wednesday practice

Wednesday's practice started off with a bang as the Tigers - practicing in full pads for the first time in fall camp - began the session with the vaunted PAW drills. Who stood out and who got hurt? Who was returning punts? Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: PAW drill highlights Wednesday practice

Aug 6, 2014, 7:00 PM

I would really like to see Kurt Fleming on kick off returns. The guy is like 230-240 and has great speed. He runs track and has actually left people in the dust on kick off returns before. If he has some forward momentum it would be hard to tackle him in open space. If you don't believe me then simply check him out in some of his previous film highlights. The dude is a beast. He would at least allow us to start each drive in opposing territory.

Anyone else agree?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Our country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any America because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race.

~Chesty Puller
Lt.General United States Marine Corps

Aug 6, 2014, 7:06 PM

as a blocker, sure.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 6, 2014, 7:13 PM

Kurt Fleming runs a 4.4 in the 40. He outran one of our defensive backs two days ago. A very fast defensive back. He has speed, protects the ball, and will bulldoze a defender that gets in the way. I say let him return punts and kickoffs.

Our country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any America because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race.

~Chesty Puller

I'm with you ChestyPuller0311...Kurt Fleming is a Stud

Aug 6, 2014, 7:58 PM

I hope that Kurt takes advantage of every opportunity and gets some serious playing time and a scholarship (if eligible). Love to have a Walt Garrison fullback with Tony Dorsett tailback speed....if you recognize these names, you know exactly what I'm talking about.

If the Atlanta Braves are paying for him to go to college

Aug 6, 2014, 8:10 PM

do you still want him to get a scholarship?

Sort of like do you want Rodriguez to get a scholarship if the GI Bill is paying for it?

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: If the Atlanta Braves are paying for him to go to college

Aug 6, 2014, 10:26 PM

I want both of them to be rewarded with a scholarship if they earn it, regardless of if they have another source of money. Should Manzell not have been on a scholarship just because his Dad is rich? JMO

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 6, 2014, 10:42 PM

THere is a difference between your family paying and the government paying.

Part of it is on the players. They may have received a scholarship somewhere else. They knew the deal when they came to Clemson.

null

Aug 7, 2014, 10:20 AM

I seriously doubt there is any player on our roster who doesn't want to earn a scholarship, whether they walked on or not.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 6, 2014, 11:10 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: PAW drill highlights Wednesday practice ]

Fast helps for kickoffs but you need shiftiness as well...I don't think Sammy was a good return man, he didn't have the change of direction that you need at that position

Aug 6, 2014, 7:12 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: PAW drill highlights Wednesday practice ]

Yeah he's a beast....let's see what he can do in camp. I'm excited to see this group this season

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't want Fleming anywhere near kickoff returns...

Aug 6, 2014, 7:12 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: PAW drill highlights Wednesday practice ]

He could be a decent short yardage back with his size, but we need someone who is fast and shifty returning kicks.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I don't want Fleming anywhere near kickoff returns...

Aug 6, 2014, 7:14 PM

Kurt Fleming is fast. 4.4 in the 40... Out runs our current defensive backs. Has great top end speed and has the size to plow over defenders. He doesn't need to be shifty when he can run people over.

~Chesty Puller

He didn't outrun Jayron Kearse in the spring game.***

Aug 6, 2014, 7:43 PM

Re: He didn't outrun Jayron Kearse in the spring game.***

Aug 6, 2014, 10:28 PM

Uh, I believe Kearse also is quite fast!

Aug 6, 2014, 7:14 PM [ in reply to I don't want Fleming anywhere near kickoff returns... ]

He was in high school. That's been a few years obviously, but if you look at his highlight video from then he looked great. Idk how the added weight has effected that however since he is bigger now than in his HS playing days

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 6, 2014, 7:19 PM

He has gained weight, but in Pro baseball they run sprints all day.. He has explosive speed. He now runs between a 4.3 and 4.4 in the 40... Nasty beast of a man... I wouldn't want to be in his way when he is running with the ball.

~Chesty Puller

I'll believe that when i see it. Only 7 pro prospects ran

Aug 6, 2014, 7:35 PM

40s faster than 4.40 at the combine earlier this year. Neither Sammy nor Martavis could do it.

Re: I'll believe that when i see it. Only 7 pro prospects ran

Aug 6, 2014, 7:49 PM

Totally agree. I'm sure the guy is fast but a sub 4.4 (or even sub 4.5) is stupid fast. If there is a running back in college football that is 22yrs old, 240lbs, and runs in the 4.3's, he's your starter, Heisman candidate, first round pick, and then hopefully you'll be able to draft him on your fantasy team.

Re: I'll believe that when i see it. Only 7 pro prospects ran

Aug 6, 2014, 8:17 PM

His official run time for the 100 Meter is 10.7 NOW THAT IS FAST for someone who weighs 233lbs. Just saying, if Dabo wants to use him then he has my blessings.

~Chesty Puller

Partner, he does not run a 10.7 now. No way.***

Aug 6, 2014, 8:37 PM

Kurt Fleming is not faster than Martavis and Sammy...

Aug 6, 2014, 7:41 PM [ in reply to Re: I don't want Fleming anywhere near kickoff returns... ]

I have watched his film and the claims of a sub 4.5 in the 40 are unsubstantiated. The kid is a beast and a hell of an athlete. Please stop trying to turn him into a mythical character and let him be Kurt Fleming.

Yeah, maybe 4.5 with someone doing a bad hand time***

Aug 6, 2014, 8:27 PM

Aug 6, 2014, 7:45 PM [ in reply to Re: I don't want Fleming anywhere near kickoff returns... ]

No way a 240 lb white boy runs a 4.3.

Aug 6, 2014, 7:48 PM

His official run time thus far with the added weight is a 4.47... So I stand to be corrected, but he is close enough. SPOT THE BALL and GIVE IT TO FLEMING!

~Chesty Puller

What about

Aug 6, 2014, 7:22 PM [ in reply to I don't want Fleming anywhere near kickoff returns... ]

lead man in the wedge?

null

Re: What about

Aug 6, 2014, 7:25 PM

now we are talking

Aug 6, 2014, 7:29 PM

Have you guys not seen the videos yet... He runs over defenders and has track star speed.

~Chesty Puller

Aug 6, 2014, 7:31 PM

I saw him running in the spring game, no way he is a 4.4 in pads.

Aug 6, 2014, 7:34 PM

You will see when he takes the field this season. He is a big, strong, and speedy FullBack.

~Chesty Puller

Aug 6, 2014, 7:36 PM

sounds like he will contribute right away, cant wait to see him on the field.

Doubt he'll see the field much

Aug 6, 2014, 8:27 PM [ in reply to Re: What about ]

But I hope he proves me wrong. He's got a ton of competition now.

Re: Doubt he'll see the field much

Aug 7, 2014, 1:56 PM

Fleming himself is a ton of competition.

He would dominate if you put him there.***

Aug 6, 2014, 7:45 PM [ in reply to What about ]

Aug 7, 2014, 1:51 PM [ in reply to I don't want Fleming anywhere near kickoff returns... ]

Fleming has terrific speed.

Aug 6, 2014, 7:50 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: PAW drill highlights Wednesday practice ]

I agree. Are the coaches deliberately down-playing him so that he remains a secret weapon. At 233 with speed. he seems like a potential time bomb. Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't he stand out in the Spring game? Personally, I think Dabo is being sly regarding this guy.
Then unleash him on UGA. Just MHO.

Straight line 40 speed is only a part of it

Aug 7, 2014, 7:50 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: PAW drill highlights Wednesday practice ]

Sammy showed this. He wasn't any thing more than an average returner. It's because he didn't have the zig and the zag and the vision as a returner. It's a gift that few have. Ellington had it. Few have it.

Am I missing the video?

Aug 6, 2014, 7:14 PM

S

Re: Am I missing the video?

Aug 6, 2014, 7:15 PM

http://youtu.be/4IS3a-ADmSI

~Chesty Puller

Lol video of the paw drill

Aug 6, 2014, 7:30 PM

S

Re: Lol video of the paw drill

Aug 6, 2014, 7:35 PM

Oh my bad LOL

~Chesty Puller

Let's just say the level of competition in that highlight

Aug 6, 2014, 8:30 PM [ in reply to Re: Am I missing the video? ]

Reel is ....... below average.

Kurt may turn out to be a nice complementary piece, but his highlight film shows nothing more than a decent, hard nosed football player outplaying sub par competition.

In my opinion, he's the most raw RB we have

Aug 6, 2014, 9:38 PM

He's a tank and he will lower his shoulder, but he's not going to shake anyone I don't think. But that won't be his specialty. Hopefully he has the ball control to be used on tough 3rd downs.

Clemson

Re: Am I missing the video?

Aug 7, 2014, 2:02 PM [ in reply to Re: Am I missing the video? ]

Just watched his video. If that stud's not fast, then I don't know the meaning of the word. In terms of size and speed he may be our most physically gifted RB.

here is a link to the video

Aug 6, 2014, 7:16 PM [ in reply to Am I missing the video? ]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4IS3a-ADmSI

Choice did what?! Has to be a typo

Aug 6, 2014, 7:15 PM

one does not simply bowl over Vic Beasley.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Choice did what?! Has to be a typo

Aug 6, 2014, 7:16 PM

I'm hoping they have that on video for the site today. i'm excited to see that

Re: Choice did what?! Has to be a typo

Aug 6, 2014, 7:25 PM

Beasley needs to do stadium steps for allowing a true freshman to run him over... LOL

~Chesty Puller

Aug 6, 2014, 10:22 PM

If Choice bolded over V. Beasley, he's already on my Heisman List.

Replies: 48
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic