»
Topic: New Story: Matchup Nightmare
Replies: 8   Last Post: Aug 5, 2014 10:56 PM by: BentZero
This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.

[ Archives - Tiger Board Archive ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 8   Pages: 1  

New Story: Matchup Nightmare

Posted: Aug 5, 2014 1:12 PM

Matchup Nightmare

Clemson tight end Jordan Leggett stands 6-5 and weighs a little over 250 pounds. His size and athleticism alone make him difficult to defend, but a new mindset, increased strength and the ability to play multiple positions make him a matchup nightmare. Full Story »

Re: New Story: Matchup Nightmare

[2]
Posted: Aug 5, 2014 1:30 PM

With all the serious weapons we have running at the pace we run, this will be a nightmare for opposing defenses. Good for us! I just want our OL to hold their blocks and let this thing eat defenses alive. Should be fun.

Re: New Story: Matchup Nightmare

Posted: Aug 5, 2014 2:41 PM

Having a TE that can burn you makes a DC think twice about sending his linebacker on a blitz. If the TE catches the ball in that gap it's an easy first down and a trucked safety away from a huge play. We didn't have the receiver/blocker combo at TE last year like Tajh had in Allen and Ford the previous two years. I think a bigger Jordan and Stanton and a healthy Cooper could be a big reason our offense clicks along like we didn't miss a beat.

... and more time for Cole's reads.***

Posted: Aug 5, 2014 2:59 PM

completely agree....

[2]
Posted: Aug 5, 2014 3:26 PM

Cooper has underrated hands too...he's made some tough catches picking balls in traffic and/or right above ground catches while falling, etc...he's a physical blocker. I can see these TE's making a ton of catches and once the D focuses on them the WR's start running wild downfield. If the OL can keep Stoudt upright, this could be an even more dangerous O than last year. I think it will be RB by committee but so be it. Keep them fresh and the D should be the best since '91. I think that it's good that we're not being talked about much nationally....when we start hanging L's on folks by large margins, that'll change.

Just gotta catch that ball--

Posted: Aug 5, 2014 4:21 PM

I remember Jordan having a few missed opportunities last year while open. If he can concentrate on those hands and make the catch, his size will definitely do the rest.

Re: Just gotta catch that ball--

Posted: Aug 5, 2014 6:21 PM

I don't remember Jordan having any missed opportunities but I do remember Stanton dropping a few passes at critical times along with the fumble against FSU to start the game. Not knocking him because he did have a couple of bi plays as well.

Re: Just gotta catch that ball--

Posted: Aug 5, 2014 7:59 PM

Like when he beat Georgia

Seckinger REALLY needs to work on his blocking

Posted: Aug 5, 2014 10:56 PM

He was atrocious last year. SMH.

Replies: 8   Pages: 1  

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: Season Tickets
FOR SALE: Selling two season tickets in section L, lower level, north stands. Asking $1,100 EACH OBO, half due...

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

[ Archives - Tiger Board Archive ]
Start New Topic
2296 people have read this post