Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Matchup Nightmare
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1

New Story: Matchup Nightmare

Aug 5, 2014, 1:12 PM

Matchup Nightmare

Clemson tight end Jordan Leggett stands 6-5 and weighs a little over 250 pounds. His size and athleticism alone make him difficult to defend, but a new mindset, increased strength and the ability to play multiple positions make him a matchup nightmare. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Matchup Nightmare

Aug 5, 2014, 1:30 PM

With all the serious weapons we have running at the pace we run, this will be a nightmare for opposing defenses. Good for us! I just want our OL to hold their blocks and let this thing eat defenses alive. Should be fun.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Matchup Nightmare

Aug 5, 2014, 2:41 PM

Having a TE that can burn you makes a DC think twice about sending his linebacker on a blitz. If the TE catches the ball in that gap it's an easy first down and a trucked safety away from a huge play. We didn't have the receiver/blocker combo at TE last year like Tajh had in Allen and Ford the previous two years. I think a bigger Jordan and Stanton and a healthy Cooper could be a big reason our offense clicks along like we didn't miss a beat.

... and more time for Cole's reads.***

Aug 5, 2014, 2:59 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

completely agree....

Aug 5, 2014, 3:26 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Matchup Nightmare ]

Cooper has underrated hands too...he's made some tough catches picking balls in traffic and/or right above ground catches while falling, etc...he's a physical blocker. I can see these TE's making a ton of catches and once the D focuses on them the WR's start running wild downfield. If the OL can keep Stoudt upright, this could be an even more dangerous O than last year. I think it will be RB by committee but so be it. Keep them fresh and the D should be the best since '91. I think that it's good that we're not being talked about much nationally....when we start hanging L's on folks by large margins, that'll change.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Just gotta catch that ball--

Aug 5, 2014, 4:21 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Matchup Nightmare ]

I remember Jordan having a few missed opportunities last year while open. If he can concentrate on those hands and make the catch, his size will definitely do the rest.

Re: Just gotta catch that ball--

Aug 5, 2014, 6:21 PM

I don't remember Jordan having any missed opportunities but I do remember Stanton dropping a few passes at critical times along with the fumble against FSU to start the game. Not knocking him because he did have a couple of bi plays as well.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Just gotta catch that ball--

Aug 5, 2014, 7:59 PM

Like when he beat Georgia

Seckinger REALLY needs to work on his blocking

Aug 5, 2014, 10:56 PM

He was atrocious last year. SMH.

Replies: 8
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive