»
Topic: New Story: Practice Report: Venables on position battles, freshmen linebackers
Replies: 14   Last Post: Aug 5, 2014 4:31 PM by: CUr life flashing
This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.

[ Archives - Tiger Board Archive ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 14   Pages: 1  

New Story: Practice Report: Venables on position battles, freshmen linebackers

Posted: Aug 4, 2014 10:10 PM

Practice Report: Venables on position battles, freshmen linebackers

Defensive coordinator Brent Venables talked Monday night about Vic Beasley playing linebacker, about the young linebackers on campus and the position battles. What are some of the other news and notes from practice? Full Story »

Vena less for president***

Posted: Aug 4, 2014 10:20 PM

Venables ****

Posted: Aug 4, 2014 10:20 PM

Anthony has 1-3 round talent. Hope he lets loose this year***

Posted: Aug 4, 2014 10:35 PM

linebackers

Posted: Aug 4, 2014 11:00 PM

What is the story with Dorien O'Daniel. The guy looked to be just phenomenal out of HS. Is he buried in a group of talent?

Re: linebackers

[1]
Posted: Aug 4, 2014 11:09 PM

I've been wondering the same thing about boulware.

Posted: Aug 5, 2014 9:55 AM

Boulware is pushing Steward....

Posted: Aug 4, 2014 11:10 PM

I've been wondering the same thing myself. I noticed he weighed in pretty light so it could be the coaching staff is trying to find a position for him. He's listed at the Nickel spot behind Blanks and Wiggins. He's still young so hopefully he can be an impact player down the road.

Posted: Aug 4, 2014 11:14 PM

Unfortunately I can't see boulware anywhere else he just has that linebacker aggression

[1]
Posted: Aug 4, 2014 11:18 PM

I was referring to O'Daniel but Boulware was a very valuable player on special teams last year and will be 2nd on the depth chart going into this year. Assuming he can beat out the young studs at LB, he'll likely be starting next year.

Posted: Aug 4, 2014 11:24 PM

There hasn't been depth like this on the defense in years I can't wait to see Clemson to play between the bushes

Posted: Aug 5, 2014 9:55 AM

why would you want Boulware anywhere else?

Posted: Aug 5, 2014 4:31 PM

I didn't know he was talking about Dorian o'daniels I thought he was talking about them finding a new place for boulware

Posted: Aug 4, 2014 11:11 PM

O'Daniel should see plenty of playing time this year. There is a lot of talent ahead of him. At this point I believe he is backing up Blanks.

He's playing the SAM part of the Nickle/SAM spot

Posted: Aug 5, 2014 10:11 AM

Looks like he was running 2nd behind TJ Burrell coming out of the spring game.

You'll see him get snaps when we play against more traditional offenses and don't need a 5th DB on the field.

Replies: 14   Pages: 1  

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: Season Tickets
FOR SALE: 6 tickets located on the 45yd line in SEC TDE ROW G asking 1200 each, will take cash, check or PayPa...

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

[ Archives - Tiger Board Archive ]
Start New Topic
2524 people have read this post