Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Steelers staff on Martavis Bryant
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 50
| visibility 1

FB Update: Steelers staff on Martavis Bryant

Aug 3, 2014, 9:41 AM

Steelers staff on Martavis Bryant

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Definitely reads that another year in college

Aug 3, 2014, 9:47 AM

Would have helped him. Wish him the best but I think he made a big mistake coming out early.

Yep I agree

Aug 3, 2014, 9:57 AM

He should of came back. He would of most likely been our number #1 WR and could of been a first round pick. He probably regrets that or will regret it at some point. I know he's got a couple of kids but he could of survived one more year without the NFL paycheck.

Do you honestly believe he regrets being worth nearly a half

Aug 3, 2014, 10:00 AM

million dollars already in his young life wearing the black & gold of Pittsburgh?

You people must be out of your minds.

I saw your posts coming, however, & I hope to the great gods above that you're laughing as much as I am.

As a Pittsburgh native I must say thanks for the receiver, Clemson!!

He probably doesn't regret it now but probably will

Aug 3, 2014, 10:05 AM

Taxes alone took 1/2 then his agent and baby mama get theirs. He doesn't have enough left now for a nice house.

Re: He probably doesn't regret it now but probably will

Aug 3, 2014, 12:37 PM

His coaches' comments didn't sound that encouraging to me.

Re: Do you honestly believe he regrets being worth nearly a half

Aug 3, 2014, 10:43 AM [ in reply to Do you honestly believe he regrets being worth nearly a half ]

Why do you say he is worth half a million. He was a 4th rounder. He is worth his signing bonus. If he doesn't make the team he gets nothing. You don't go unless your a lock 1st or 2nd round. These kids lately don't seem to understand that. No real money after those round it's just a chance

He is too naive to regret his decision yet.

Aug 3, 2014, 11:08 AM [ in reply to Do you honestly believe he regrets being worth nearly a half ]

With the talent he has---he should have came back for his last year and been the showcase receiver and improved his draft pick to the 1st or 2nd round. His signing bonus would have then been significantly higher (multiple millions). Also his yearly pay on his first contract would have been significantly higher (millions).

Like the poster above said---Uncle Sam and the state took half. His Agent took a percentage. Baby Mama and his own mama took the rest. His game checks aren't going to be that high. His personal finances are going to require real discipline for him to make it fiscally during his first contract. I have not seen any discipline out of this guy during his time at Clemson.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: He is too naive to regret his decision yet.

Aug 3, 2014, 11:36 AM

People are quick to judge others decisions without knowing facts or putting themselves into a that situation. His decision was based on what he needed to do, not what the Clemson fans think he should do. Kid had a great season and increased his stock. Could he have be higher next Draft? Maybe so but a lot things could've happened between now and then. I support MB and I think he's gonna be a good one for Pittsburgh and earn that big contract down the road. I hope he comes back to Clemson like most of our pros do. It's big for Clemson and recruiting. Good luck MB

What you're saying is people took this & people took that

Aug 3, 2014, 11:51 AM [ in reply to He is too naive to regret his decision yet. ]

but the facts remain that he is able to make more money for himself in Pittsburgh than Clemson. At this time. Now. I have no idea what he'd be doing in Clemson had he not declared for the draft but it is highly likely that his life is more luxurious there.

You sound deflated to me that Bryant isn't on the Clemson roster when Dabo continues to reload on the receivers.

Bryant may have been able to do lines off the backs of cheerleaders in college but that can occur much more frequently at the next level.

Why do you "so called" Tiger fans continue to bash MB?

Aug 3, 2014, 12:08 PM

He made the decision that was right for his situation. Are you mad because your own selfish wants weren't considered? As a side note, the article that this information came from begins with the following statement:

"If you have been waiting for Pittsburgh Steelers fourth-round wide receiver Martavis Bryant to come alive during training camp, your wait is over. According to several reports, Bryant had a solid showing Saturday and especially during the red zone drill."

Let's try focusing on the positive things like the Steelers fans who commented on the article.

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2014/08/martavis-bryant-mike-tomlin-saturday-2014-steelers-training-camp-red-zone/

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I would have also loved to see him in an

Aug 3, 2014, 12:42 PM

Atlanta, Carolina, or Tennessee uniform.

Glad Pittsburgh didn't pass him up.

We are not bashing him at all. I like MB

Aug 3, 2014, 12:48 PM [ in reply to Why do you "so called" Tiger fans continue to bash MB? ]

And think he is very talented. We will be fine without him. For his sake I wish he had stayed another year.

Everyone saying he should've come back and been a 1st

Aug 3, 2014, 12:58 PM

Or 2nd rounder are just assuming he could've improved tremendously and made that leap. What if he didn't? What if he had the same problems with fundamentals and inconsistency for another season and was still a 4th next year?

Re: We are not bashing him at all. I like MB

Aug 3, 2014, 1:02 PM [ in reply to We are not bashing him at all. I like MB ]

Yes he will make more money if he makes the team than at he would have at clemson, but it's looking like he won't make the team. Hewyard bay is a pretty good wr he has to beat out. I saw him in college and he was much better than bryant. Now I can't say I have followed his career and if he is the same type player.

He will definitely make the team.***

Aug 3, 2014, 1:03 PM

Darrius Heyward-Bey...

Aug 3, 2014, 1:12 PM [ in reply to Re: We are not bashing him at all. I like MB ]

From CBSSports.com 15 min ago:

Players on the bubble

1. Darrius Heyward-Bey is here on a trial basis and the team should only keep five wide receivers. With Antonio Brown, Markus Wheaton, Justin Brown, Lance Moore, Martavis Bryant and Derek Moye it will be tough.

Heyward-Bay isn't good....

Aug 3, 2014, 1:33 PM [ in reply to Re: We are not bashing him at all. I like MB ]

he has always been a huge underachiever. He is lazy. Even with his fast speed, he wasn't a threat at Maryland because he was so lazy. If that's who has to beat out, he is lock then.

I'm saying he lost millions because he went pro early.

Aug 3, 2014, 12:41 PM [ in reply to What you're saying is people took this & people took that ]

I'm not deflated at all.

One year more at Clemson would have earned him a lot more money for his first contract and he could have gotten an insurance policy to protect against injury.

I'm certain numerous people said that to him already.

Aug 3, 2014, 12:45 PM

That obviously wasn't the winning argument.

and if it ends up being the winning concern?

Aug 3, 2014, 12:47 PM

i think most feel some attachment to all the young men and women that represent clemson. i see nothing wrong with wanting 'more' for someone they consider part of the family, if only an extended member.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm torn, you see, because I'm concerned for the rosters of

Aug 3, 2014, 1:08 PM

WRs for Clemson AND Pittsburgh.

I'm sure the current roster of Clemson WRs is very excited to have more of a chance to play without Bryant still around.

Their families may not have to be so concerned in the near future for their financial security now that their sons have more of a chance to prove themselves without Bryant stealing the show.

I hope you get my drift.

understood, i don't care about rosters as much as i care

Aug 3, 2014, 1:36 PM

about people. it's a flaw, i'm cursed, i know...

;)

... did you see me caring over here?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He might if he doesn't make the team***

Aug 3, 2014, 1:35 PM [ in reply to Do you honestly believe he regrets being worth nearly a half ]

Re: Do you honestly believe he regrets being worth nearly a half

Aug 3, 2014, 2:37 PM [ in reply to Do you honestly believe he regrets being worth nearly a half ]

Nuke was committed and all in the day he arrived at Clemson. And he was ready for the NFL after his junior season. Bryant was not committed, and he wasn't all in until the start of his junior year. And IMO Bryant wasn't ready for the NFL b/c of all the experience and playing time lost for two years. And here is the proof that Bryant made a mistake, and he should have stayed and played his senior year at Clemson.

Nuke drafted in the NFL, 1st round 27th pick = 4 year contract worth #7.62 million, including signing bonus of $3.92 million. The first 3 years are guaranteed.

Bryant drafted in the NFL, 4th round 118 pick.= Bryant's contract is expected to be $2,659,220 million over four years with a signing bonus of $439,220.

Martavis Bryant LOST multi millions of dollars by not coming back to play his senior year. Bryant could and IMO would have been a 1st round pick 2015 draft.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What you reiterate from previous posters about him

Aug 3, 2014, 5:17 PM

losing money by getting it sooner doesn't make any sense.

Nothing is guaranteed at this stage in his football career, & if he had stayed at Clemson & become a paraplegic or lost his vision your opinion would be even more preposterous.

Re: What you reiterate from previous posters about him

Aug 3, 2014, 10:57 PM

You think that was the reason her screwed off for two years and not being all he could be in his first two years. Because he was afraid he wouldn't make it to the NFL from injury. Injuries more often than not happen when you're not doing the best you can.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I still think it's ridiculous that everyone just assumes he

Aug 4, 2014, 8:45 AM

would be drafted as highly as Nuk if he came back another year. They are NOT the same player!

Re: Definitely reads that another year in college

Aug 3, 2014, 10:37 AM [ in reply to Definitely reads that another year in college ]

absolutely agree!! of all the former Tigers that left early he is THE ONE that would have gained the most by another year.. he made very bad choice but he has only himself to blame

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Definitely reads that another year in college

Aug 3, 2014, 11:09 AM [ in reply to Definitely reads that another year in college ]

his upside is too good to over look, and there may have been some other determining factors on why he left early, No worries, WR U has plenty left in the chamber.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FB Update: Steelers staff on Martavis Bryant

Aug 3, 2014, 9:50 AM

...and all Tiger fans silently, knowingly nod their heads....

Aug 3, 2014, 9:51 AM

Wow I thought he would be a lock for a roster spot on the steelers.

hope martavis makes it

Aug 3, 2014, 10:02 AM

but i'm a bit skeptical..he does not catch well with his hands..almost always traps it against his body..great wrs ###### the ball outa the air with their hands..so tay, please embarrass me and become the next lynn swann.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GoTiguhs!!

You never watched him play obviously...

Aug 3, 2014, 1:25 PM

Bryant never caught the ball with his body. The drops he had prior to the 2013 season were just taking his eyes of the ball. You've already been embarrassed because he snatched the ball out of the air both times on his TD catches in the Orange Bowl.

Next time actually learn football before you comment, instead of just repeating generic criticisms. You sound like Todd McShay.

wow..message board tough guy..who'd believe it?

Aug 3, 2014, 1:43 PM

lends serious cred to your mistaken opinion.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GoTiguhs!!

Do something else other than repeating cliched criticisms of

Aug 3, 2014, 1:53 PM

wr play. His drops were focus issues, not the way he caught the ball. You do have the choice to back up your opinion, go post video of Bryant catching the ball the way you stated he did. But, we know that won't happen.

Re: Do something else other than repeating cliched criticisms of

Aug 3, 2014, 2:22 PM

So he comes back to Clemson tears up his need like Peake did and now he lost everything accept maybe a NFL try out. Nothing is guaranteed in life so I applaud MB for doing what he has to do. I applaud Anthony and Beasley as well. There situations may have been less harding on them than MB. You got to feed you're family first and foremost. Kid is competitive and he'll make us Clemson fans proud.

Re: wow..message board tough guy..who'd believe it?

Aug 3, 2014, 11:02 PM [ in reply to wow..message board tough guy..who'd believe it? ]

Dont be mean to TK79 he will cry like a baby and put you on ignore.

null

Actually, yeah, he did.

Aug 3, 2014, 9:15 PM [ in reply to You never watched him play obviously... ]

I love Martavis, but he absolutely trapped the ball quite a bit.

Re: You never watched him play obviously...

Aug 3, 2014, 11:02 PM [ in reply to You never watched him play obviously... ]

Your first sentence is blatantly false.

null

As in...." should have come back".....***

Aug 3, 2014, 10:33 AM

Aug 3, 2014, 10:40 AM

MB will be a steeler for a long time, he is young they will give him a chance.

Aug 3, 2014, 10:56 AM

I'm still waiting to see if anyone in the NFL can cover him. Nobody in college ever did.

For me - I think he was an excellent WR and proved he is ready for the NFL as mch as most that go there. IMO - he made the right decision. We simply had Sammy, so he wasn't used as much, but he's still excellent.

Aug 3, 2014, 11:00 AM

I think the steelers staff is saying otherwise, which is what counts now. I hope he makes it big in the nfl it's good for him and clemson right now , but kids leaving early to be 4th round picks should not happen.

#$@&^^%$$!!!! &^*%%($@!!! stupid sycophant media

Aug 3, 2014, 11:27 AM

Kept blowing kisses up Bryant's skirt until he couldn't think of anything but the new money.

You! Yeah, you with the media pass - F$$%#**&& You!

because he's talented?

Aug 3, 2014, 11:40 AM

:)

huh??***

Aug 3, 2014, 11:43 AM [ in reply to #$@&^^%$$!!!! &^*%%($@!!! stupid sycophant media ]

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bryant seems to respond well to tough love from his

Aug 3, 2014, 12:41 PM

coaches - hopeful to see him step it up accordingly.

Some players are all in

Aug 3, 2014, 12:46 PM

and some are all I.

We'll see what he decides to be.

Aug 3, 2014, 11:06 PM

I never understood the rationale of him coming out early based on "i've got kids to feed."

Wouldn't it be a lot easier to feed the kids if you came back and got drafted in the 1st/2nd round and made multiple millions more dollars?

Can't the kids live off the government for 1 more year? H*ll, pretty much all of America does anyway. #Obamanomics

Not if he delayed getting paid another year only to make

Aug 4, 2014, 8:46 AM

the same 3rd-4th round money next year. What does he gain in that scenario? Another year or financial struggles? 1 year shorter pro career if he makes it?

Replies: 50
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic