Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: The scoop on Clemson's mid-year enrollees
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

New Story: The scoop on Clemson's mid-year enrollees

Aug 3, 2014, 2:43 PM

The scoop on Clemson's mid-year enrollees

Clemson head coach Dabo Swinney took time Friday afternoon to talk about all of the 13 mid-year enrollees who signed financial aid agreements with the school on Friday. TigerNet takes a look at Swinney's comments and lists the bios on each player. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Welcome to the family boys.

Aug 3, 2014, 3:42 PM

Looking forward to seeing you in orange.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

I thought Cain would be a mid-year enrollee ...

Aug 3, 2014, 4:08 PM

He was instrumental in helping us land McCloud.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: The scoop on Clemson's mid-year enrollees

Aug 3, 2014, 4:38 PM

I don't normally gush over player's character because frankly, I don't know any of these recruits personally. But the fact that you have this many guys enrolling early speaks to their level of commitment - both academically and athletically.

I also factor in pedigree as a good sign. Williams' dad played at FSU, Hyatt's uncle played at CU, Van Smith's dad is a football coach. Anyone that checks in on Tnet regularly knows the kind of guy we're getting with Chad Smith. Anyone that's watched Muse's highlights knows he's underrated; same for Chalmers. And I really respect Bell's conviction in choosing his school -- not a lot of 17 year olds are like that.

Very excited about this class and the culture that is being created by Dabo and the staff. Ultimately, it all comes down to wins and losses, but as a CU grad, I do take satisfaction in the way Dabo goes about his business and the players he attracts.

Re: New Story: The scoop on Clemson's mid-year enrollees

Aug 3, 2014, 7:28 PM

Great decision by these guys in choosing Clemson, and great work by our coaching staff to recognize their talent and get them to buy into what we have going at Clemson. This is going to be something very special from here on out into the distant future. Get on this championship train. It is leaving the station!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The fact that Garrett Williams' Dad played at FSU...

Aug 3, 2014, 7:33 PM

and was involved in the Puntrooskie play is cosmic justice.

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

surprises from this group...

Aug 3, 2014, 11:13 PM

chalmers and noah green

not as highly rated as some of their peers but i think these 2 will surprise and get on the field early

chalmers the kind of kid that plays fearless and likes to hit

green seems like he can get to 300 + pretty quick on a large frame and has the feet to make a quick adjustment to the college game

won't be surprised if these 2 avoid the RS

Re: surprises from this group...

Aug 4, 2014, 3:55 PM

I think Noah will become a great guard or center, he is not as long as Mitch or Jake. I think he will be redshirted allowing him to learn the position plus we have guys inside.
The position we need immediate help with is Tackle so Mitch or Jake if anyone might not be redshirted?? Two top 10 high school tackles in Nation who will need to get stronger in order to not be redshirted
Just my thoughts...

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic