Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: First practice observations: Watson, Dye and business as usual
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 32
| visibility 1

New Story: First practice observations: Watson, Dye and business as usual

Aug 1, 2014, 7:59 PM

First practice observations: Watson, Dye and business as usual

The Clemson Tigers went through their first practice of the 2014 fall campaign Friday afternoon, and there were observations galore including Deshaun Watson, Tyshon Dye and the new leaders. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Watson is gonna take over, it's only a matter of time.***

Aug 1, 2014, 8:25 PM

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agree, 2015 is only a year away

Aug 1, 2014, 9:13 PM

;)

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Watson is gonna take over, it's only a matter of time.***

Aug 1, 2014, 10:13 PM [ in reply to Watson is gonna take over, it's only a matter of time.*** ]

I agree that he will but our best chance at an ACC title or NC is Cole Stoudt. Watson is still a boy... but with all the physical tools... he needs to mature as a man and as a leader.... give him some time and experience let his body toughen up some.....

Aug 1, 2014, 11:26 PM

He's already mature. I think he's ready to step in

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

He just needs to master the playbook.

Aug 2, 2014, 7:47 AM [ in reply to Re: Watson is gonna take over, it's only a matter of time.*** ]

Everything else is in place.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 1, 2014, 10:59 PM [ in reply to Watson is gonna take over, it's only a matter of time.*** ]

Everybody just buys into the coach speak and hype hmmmmm. Watson Hasn't never taken a snap on gameday, and some already have him starting at UGA. IDK how good, big, fast, or accurate Watson is right now. If anybody expects him to come in and unseat Cole by mid-season, I don't think that will happen unless Cole has had a serious injury. While Watson is trying to get up to speed as a starting QB, Cole will have already gotten to full speed and cruising. Some even act as if Cole is going to go out and just throw ints so Watson can have the job. Well it ain't going to happen. Cole is not going to lay down and hand his job over. Cole is a very smart kid that has lived his entire life with a pro FB QB in his dad. He will gain more and more experiences every time he lines up under center, or lines up in the shot gun. Barring injury, Cole will be our starter until he graduates and gets drafted to the pros. By then, Watson will be our starter after spring game,summer work outs, fall camp. By then he should have the experience and be ready to be our starter by next August. Yes he will play some this season in games just as Cole did. I do not believe in any shape or form, that Watson will take the starting job from Cole with 3 years more experience. Jameis Winston didn't do it at FSU, and I don't see Watson doing it at Clemson. Coach speak is spoken to inspire rookies and to keep their confidence high and competing at their highest level at every practice. That is what gets them ready for when their moment comes to step up to the plate and perform as a starter. Coaches has used that specific method for decades b/c it works. Coach speak is an awesome motivating tool. As good as Kelly was advertised, he couldn't unseat Cole with just a year behind him, but our coaches made him think he could. You can't beat or replace hundreds of practices just b/c they have awesome talent.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 2, 2014, 5:34 PM

Kelly who????????????

See? I keep saying CJ Davidson will be the man at RB.***

Aug 1, 2014, 8:25 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree. I think CJD is gonna be a stud this year!***

Aug 1, 2014, 8:37 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I agree. I think CJD is gonna be a stud this year!***

Aug 1, 2014, 8:51 PM

CJ Fuller will be one to keep you eye on as well. 5'11" 214 with track speed as a freshman...that's gotta amount to something.

Aug 1, 2014, 9:22 PM

....I've watched Easley High football for the last 45 years. I go to most every game I can, home & away. Hear me now, believe me later. C.J. Fuller is one of the best running backs to ever come out of Easley.That list includes Stanley Morgan (1973, Played for University of Tennessee & New England Patriots), & Eric Meekin's (1998, Played defense for Clemson, because Bowden wouldn't give him the chance to play running back since he was recruited by Tommy West, BAD decision IMHO)! DO NOT go to sleep on C.J. Fuller!!! This kid IS a football PLAYER!!! He may not be as "Ready" as the vets, but he CAN tote the rock! He has size AND speed! Keep your eye on,#27!

Aug 1, 2014, 10:10 PM

Easley grad? I graduated from he's in 96. Played for the mighty green wave. Played with meeting when he was a soph and I was a senior. Miss playing on brice field sometimes.

Aug 1, 2014, 10:11 PM

Graduated from there. My bad.

Aug 1, 2014, 10:12 PM

Meekins not meetings.crap I hate spell check.

Aug 1, 2014, 10:26 PM [ in reply to Re: I agree. I think CJD is gonna be a stud this year!*** ]

Completely agree with you...as an Easley alum, I've seen a lot of Fuller and he's very impressive with great size and good speed. He'll end up a player for us.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 2, 2014, 1:39 AM [ in reply to Re: I agree. I think CJD is gonna be a stud this year!*** ]

I totally agree. Weighs 216 and has speed. We finally have a stable of RB's who have size and speed. Fuller could be an "under the radar" superstar. I'm still watching the 233 pound guy---nobody saw him coming because he'd been pro baseball player.

Aug 2, 2014, 10:41 PM [ in reply to Re: I agree. I think CJD is gonna be a stud this year!*** ]

I have never watched CJD play, but I would prefer him over Howard. I cannot believe that Howard is working with the first team offense. He is not a running back and he is definitely the least talented running back on the roster.

I agree w/you on CJ Fuller.

Aug 1, 2014, 9:37 PM [ in reply to Re: I agree. I think CJD is gonna be a stud this year!*** ]

After watching his highlights over a year ago. I'm surprised he comes in so low under the radar. Like they said, he has track speed, and he isn't a dance in the hole kind of back. W/him it's hit the hole hard and fast, one cut and go. He sees the cut back lane extremely well.

And to boot, he is out second biggest back at 216, behind Kurt Fleming at 233. I think his future is very bright.

Go Tigers!!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 2, 2014, 1:22 AM [ in reply to Re: I agree. I think CJD is gonna be a stud this year!*** ]

And another sleeper at 233 who can run. How do you count him out?

My own observation

Aug 2, 2014, 6:31 PM [ in reply to See? I keep saying CJ Davidson will be the man at RB.*** ]

from what I have seen.
His speed hasn't translated to the FB field. Seems he
was still learning the play book and what he should be
doing; which may contribute to that.
Gotta be concern about durability as well.

Just my 2 cents.

Looking foward to this season

Aug 1, 2014, 8:41 PM

I know its a bit early to be saying this, but everything that Im hearing about this team makes me feel like they are ready to sweep the schedule. It seems like all of the talent is there, and their minds are set on greatness.

Re: New Story: First practice observations: Watson, Dye and business as usual

Aug 1, 2014, 9:03 PM

#1 Thompson is going to surprise some people. He didnt enroll in January and I feel like people forget that he is a 4* WR and is big I think 6'3. He will be someone to keep an eye on.

Does anyone know???

Aug 1, 2014, 9:12 PM

Do we have a solid kicker this year?

I've been worried about this since we've had years where kicking killed us.

Re: Does anyone know???

Aug 1, 2014, 9:37 PM

ammon lakip is cu's pk, had an awesome spring from all reports.

"check out the big brain on brad" pinion is back doing the punting, going huge hangtime & handling kick off duties as well.

lakip was a top 10, national pk coming out of hs, scholarship guy who's now a jr. we'll see how he does when the lights are on, but so far, so good.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 1, 2014, 10:12 PM

Glad to see Grady take charge of the team. Big man with a great work ethic, just the type of leader you need setting the example for the young'uns! Go Tigers!

The keyboard pounder should sit in the back.***

Aug 1, 2014, 10:16 PM

null

Aug 2, 2014, 12:32 AM

David, you continue to impress. Keep 'em coming.

Great to hear that Grady is stepping up as a leader. Having a leader that opposing OLinemen refer to as "Shady Grady" puts us one step closer to taking on that nasty, take-no-prisoners mentality of the '80s that we've been moving towards for a few years now.

SPOT THE DADGUM BALL

BEST IS THE

Aug 2, 2014, 12:51 AM

This team seems very focused!!! Im loving it

Re: BEST IS THE

Aug 2, 2014, 1:47 AM

Look at how they all bulked up.

12-0 here we come!!!

Aug 2, 2014, 9:54 AM

just joking around.

Re: 12-0 here we come!!!

Aug 2, 2014, 10:33 AM

Possible

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Re: 12-0 here we come!!!

Aug 2, 2014, 7:43 PM

Zac Brooks (in the photo with coach Elliott) still looks like a rail. With the studs we have at RB, I don't even see how he makes the depth chart. Wish they had moved him to WR.

Replies: 32
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic