Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Department of the Interior: Defensive tackles lead the way
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

New Story: Department of the Interior: Defensive tackles lead the way

Jul 31, 2014, 1:23 PM

Department of the Interior: Defensive tackles lead the way

Clemson's defensive ends get all the love when it comes to talk of the Tiger defense, but a solid group of defensive tackles can't be overlooked, according to line coach Dan Brooks. What does he say about freshman Scott Pagano? Who had good a spring? Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I forgot about Byers. That means we're 7 deep at DT!

Jul 31, 2014, 1:37 PM

Bring on the dawgs. I want to see how Gurshall does against Grady and these boys. UGA's "veteran" OL last year got their lunch eaten and now they lost 2-3 players against a more talented, driven, and experienced Clemson DL.

Re: I forgot about Byers. That means we're 7 deep at DT!

Jul 31, 2014, 1:55 PM

I'm excited to see what Pagano can do. He should be a beast too! Also, does anyone know if the weigh-ins are tonight? And if those will be posted on here?

Sounds like a job for Mr. Hood. Surely he'll be covering it.***

Jul 31, 2014, 2:04 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Sounds like a job for Mr. Hood. Surely he'll be covering it.***

Jul 31, 2014, 5:12 PM

That will all depend on if confessedcoot will let david off in time at his part time job at McDonalds:)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Didn't Jarrett play with a lot of pain last season?

Jul 31, 2014, 2:28 PM

If he's 100% this year, he will be a joy to behold!!!

Bring on the dawgs. Go Tigers!

I think he had a torn tenden in his wrist or something

Jul 31, 2014, 2:29 PM

and was still an unmovable monster

Re: Didn't Jarrett play with a lot of pain last season?

Jul 31, 2014, 2:57 PM [ in reply to Didn't Jarrett play with a lot of pain last season? ]

I thought it was his shoulder.

Re: Didn't Jarrett play with a lot of pain last season?

Jul 31, 2014, 3:17 PM [ in reply to Didn't Jarrett play with a lot of pain last season? ]

Grady Jarret had a torn Labrum from the UGa game on... last season, had surgery after bowl game to fix it.

http://www.tigernet.com/story/football/Jarrett-hands-12536&nextbox=1

Grady's sophomore season he played with a broken wrist... he is one tough TIGER!

Re: New Story: Department of the Interior: Defensive tackles lead the way

Jul 31, 2014, 2:56 PM

I think our tackles will have lots of tackles this year.

Heck of a line...

Jul 31, 2014, 3:20 PM

Esp if we used them all in a goal line situation!

Jul 31, 2014, 6:01 PM

I'm stoked about Grady Jarrett having both his hands to play with season, and hopefully that Grady stays healthy. (Lets all pray for Grady to stay healthy) But I'm really impressed over the confidence that BV and the defensive staff has coached our guys to have. As long as they believe they can compete with anybody on any team in the country, they will. They won't be anything like when that Bama team that knocked our guys down in the Chic fila bowl, and they never got back up with any confidence that they belonged on the same field with Bama. Everyone of us were screaming toughness and wanted Batson run out of town that night. I'm thinking now that it was the toughness of our then coaches more than a Batson issue.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 1, 2014, 12:12 AM

Under Tommy Bowden... our LBs weighed about what our safetys weigh now... we recruited HS DEs and tried to turn some of them into tackles... TB recruited one true DT every other year... All our DTs now were recruited to be DTs some of them have been playing since their freshman year. We are now to the point that some of them are redshirting... Batson could not work magic... add 50 lbs of muscle and bone in 2 years... those drugs are against the rules... Reader was over 300 lbs when he walked on campus.....

Hope the Flyin' Hawaiian gets on the field this year

Jul 31, 2014, 11:02 PM

Not only is he from Hawaii like I am, but he also went to the same high school that I went to. I'm obligated to be his biggest fan.

Aug 1, 2014, 4:57 AM

Duuuuuuude. These monsters are going to be really fun to watch this year. And we are bringing in increasingly talented DTs every year. Looks like this is going to be a bright spot for a long time. Be scared Gurly. Marshall, you really just should have come to Clemson.

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic