Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Fuller in for 2014, Oglesby headed to prep school
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 54
| visibility 1

New Story: Fuller in for 2014, Oglesby headed to prep school

Jul 23, 2014, 1:24 PM

Fuller in for 2014, Oglesby headed to prep school

The final word on two of the area’s best prospects in the 2014 recruiting class has been handed down. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Fuller in for 2014, Oglesby headed to prep school***

Jul 23, 2014, 1:55 PM

Jul 23, 2014, 1:57 PM

...I watched C.J. play for Easley, & he will be a great addition to our offense! Hear me now, believe me later! This kid loves the game! #GreenwaveturnedTIGER

Maybe you're right

Jul 23, 2014, 2:27 PM

but my gut feeling is he never sees the field on offense.

Re: Maybe you're right

Jul 23, 2014, 6:26 PM

he is a corner all the way

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 23, 2014, 7:35 PM

Dead wrong. He's a potentially great running back if we can develop him---which is highly questionable.

Jul 23, 2014, 7:40 PM

What does that mean?

Jul 23, 2014, 7:32 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Fuller in for 2014, Oglesby headed to prep school*** ]

Put 20 pounds of muscle on him and he will be a force of nature. But, what about our S&C program? ????

Why did both drop off so much their Sr. Yrs? and don't tell

Jul 23, 2014, 7:28 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Fuller in for 2014, Oglesby headed to prep school*** ]

me because of the change in offenses, as they did not do too much in the receiving area either. Did they just too big-headed, because they could have been all-americans if they just repeated stats from Jr. yrs.?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Why did both drop off so much their Sr. Yrs? and don't tell

Jul 23, 2014, 10:01 PM

Easley's problem was a new offense and no O-line. Remember when CJ Spiller and James Davis couldn't pick any yardage due to our O-line.
My son played with Jae'lon at Daniel High School and despite the 15-1 record this year we were weak at receiver. The coaching staff decided to involve him more in the passing game, which workout really well. (Very good hands)
Jae'lon also carried the ball a lot less during the regular season then the year before so he could be more rested for the State playoffs. Hope that helps. :)

Re: Why did both drop off so much their Sr. Yrs? and don't tell

Jul 23, 2014, 10:09 PM

It did thanks for the insight. I'm very excited to see what he can do in our offense. If we develop a true bruiser at RB he could be the perfect guy to come in and burn tired defenders.

Easley changed coaches and offense, Fuller's receptions

Jul 24, 2014, 9:41 AM [ in reply to Why did both drop off so much their Sr. Yrs? and don't tell ]

went from 5 junior season to 32 senior season, so while his rushes dropped off, his receptions had a 540% increase.

In a rushing attack with a good O Line his junior year, he averaged 10.1 yards per carry.

If nothing else the build up of the RB ranks

Jul 23, 2014, 2:06 PM

means we will never have to wear down any one back. If Gallman or Dye get dinged or fatigued, we will have others to back them up like we've had in the past. Last season I got the feeling Morris felt tied a little with some of the injuries and not really being fully 3 deep a lot of the time. No longer should be a problem.

Not hat the 3rd and deeper guys can replace a Dye or Gallman (or eventually a Choice), but it's nice to know it will take a bunch of subs to reach a really thin point.

Re: If nothing else the build up of the RB ranks

Jul 23, 2014, 7:49 PM

If we can develop some type of OL, which is a question mark.

"We" - at 20% use "Me" or "I" - do not include Tiger Fans!***

Jul 23, 2014, 8:22 PM

Kidding no one ya weirdo.

Jul 23, 2014, 10:43 PM [ in reply to Re: If nothing else the build up of the RB ranks ]

Or 12 year old.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

this is the 2nd recruit from nearby DW Daniel HS that has

Jul 23, 2014, 2:07 PM

not qualified. Maybe someone should go over to that HS and give the administration a wake up punch!!

Re: this is the 2nd recruit from nearby DW Daniel HS that has

Jul 23, 2014, 2:18 PM

or more to the point; maybe someone should put the blame where it should be??? the KIDS and their PARENTS should get there butts in gear!!! the school and teachers are NEVER the problem!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

To be fair to Daniel......

Jul 23, 2014, 2:23 PM

I know for a fact that those coaches over there have done everything possible for the last couple of years to get Jae'lon qualified. The good news is that he did qualify with his GPA, but he had to take the SAT again in June and if what I have heard is correct, he missed by a mere 10 points. I know they tried a few more avenues, but it just didn't work out for him.

badge-seniorwriter.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I heard he got the SAT score he needed

Jul 23, 2014, 2:27 PM

but it got flagged by the NCAA Clearinghouse because it was such a significant improvement from his previous score.

Re: To be fair to Daniel......

Jul 23, 2014, 2:27 PM [ in reply to To be fair to Daniel...... ]

please david, it is always someone else fault. cant ever be on the kid. really, in many cases it would be a great thing if most were required to go to fork union for a semester to learn some structure.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: To be fair to Daniel......

Jul 23, 2014, 2:28 PM

I've also heard that structure would be especially good for Oglesby.

If you struggle in any SC high school--stupid or lazy

Jul 23, 2014, 2:27 PM [ in reply to Re: this is the 2nd recruit from nearby DW Daniel HS that has ]

for about 99% of the students. There are always those with certified learning disabilities and I'm not including them in this statement. South Carolina is not ranked in the bottom 2 or 3 in education just because of teachers. It's kids raising kids raising kids since the 70's and as they say in West Virginia, "Ignorance breeds ignorance".

Re: If you struggle in any SC high school--stupid or lazy

Jul 23, 2014, 3:11 PM

LBJ, welfare and food stamps..no reason to ever get a job!!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 23, 2014, 7:45 PM [ in reply to If you struggle in any SC high school--stupid or lazy ]

Are you a teacher?

Yes--at a Career Center & Greenville Tech (READ THIS!)

Jul 24, 2014, 1:07 PM

I teach Mechanical & Architectural AutoCAD...it is an AP course & about 80% of my students receive college credit through GT. These are supposedly the smarter kids who have actually made a plan for the future. HOWEVER, I give them a silly "Exit Exam" for extra credit with all kinds of questions in all areas of school. Here are some 'pearls of wisdom':

Plymouth Rock has the faces of the Presidents carved in it.
There are 25 members of Congress. (maybe honest ones)
China is one of the 7 continents.
Long John Silver wrote 'Moby ####'.
The most famous Catholic university in America is Harvard.
The animal sacred to the Hindu's is a camel.
Sodium chloride should not go on your food because it's anti-freeze.
The moon is our smallest planet.
The Pacific Ocean was discovered in California in 1849.
The U.S.S.R is a battleship.

THIS IS OUR FUTURE!!!!

I've seen your post history. I'm guessing you're not much of

Jul 25, 2014, 9:43 PM

a teacher.

Jul 23, 2014, 7:56 PM [ in reply to If you struggle in any SC high school--stupid or lazy ]

And we support this ongoing disaster with our tax dollars.
We pay girls to have illegitimate children---so what do you expect?

Jul 23, 2014, 10:24 PM [ in reply to If you struggle in any SC high school--stupid or lazy ]

South Carolina is ranked at the bottom due to the "Corridor of Shame". Go on YouTube and watch the documentary by that name. It's embarrassing that we have allowed this to happen in our state. The students are coming to school raised in poverty, often starting kindergarten with little or no knowledge of even the basics such as ABC's, counting, knowing colors, etc.

The schools are often not safe and lack proper heat and AC, roofs leak, janitor closets are being used for classrooms, it's just plain wrong! One school was built in I believe 1903? The auditorium at the school has been shut down by the Fire Marshall due to being a hazard.

The test scores from this area drag down the overall ranking. There are some very good schools in South Carolina and some great teachers. There's always more to a story than we hear in the media. (I'm not really doing justice to such a big problem but I just wanted to put out there something many people don't know about)

Yeah, and yours is showing Smooth....***

Jul 23, 2014, 11:53 PM [ in reply to If you struggle in any SC high school--stupid or lazy ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

their****

Jul 23, 2014, 6:42 PM [ in reply to Re: this is the 2nd recruit from nearby DW Daniel HS that has ]

Re: this is the 2nd recruit from nearby DW Daniel HS that has

Jul 23, 2014, 7:46 PM [ in reply to this is the 2nd recruit from nearby DW Daniel HS that has ]

Maybe someone needs to give you a dose of reality. Daniel is one of the highest ranked school in the state. More responsibility lies with the student and their families.
Check out the SEC if you want to see academic absurdity.
Nice picture, by the way. Is that really you?

Too bad about Oglesby. He could've played this year***

Jul 23, 2014, 2:26 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Fuller in for 2014, Oglesby headed to prep school

Jul 23, 2014, 2:48 PM

I'm sorry but fuller really doesn't excite me as a RB

Being 3+ deep for season after season excites me

Jul 23, 2014, 3:00 PM

With the Gallman/Dye/Choice group taking the top spots in the depth chart, having another 3 or so behind them gives us the relief we need. He's supposedly very good at tosses behind the line, too.

Being able to have a bunch of options to keep from overworking guys and to cover for short term injuries is a good thing to me.

It's also nice to have guys like him to put into games like SC State or Ball State earlier rather than later.

Looking back at his highlights, I like what I see

Jul 23, 2014, 3:08 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Fuller in for 2014, Oglesby headed to prep school ]

I don't know how he will do in college, but he appears to have good vision, speed, and power. It's always good to have options, but I imagine a red shirt is very likely.

We are deep at RB, but I don't see what's not to like

Jul 23, 2014, 3:21 PM

about Fuller.

Message was edited by: Smiling Tiger®

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

agree***

Jul 23, 2014, 3:40 PM

I agree too. If the kid works hard,

Jul 23, 2014, 4:04 PM [ in reply to We are deep at RB, but I don't see what's not to like ]

he can go a long way in a tiger uniform. He's tough and we need tough guys.

I know - watching these clips, he shows no ability to make

Jul 23, 2014, 3:11 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Fuller in for 2014, Oglesby headed to prep school ]

defenders miss, cut back, change direction, run away from defenders, follow blockers, run over anybody or break tackles. Plus, he's only 5'11" and 200+ pounds. Oh . . . wait . . .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNtSm1SrUNo#t=219

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: I know - watching these clips, he shows no ability to make

Jul 23, 2014, 5:31 PM

yeah, and with a name like CJ there is no excuse for him being just 10 yards ahead of the closest defender when entering the end zone; he should be at least 20 or 30...

The road goes on forever and the party never ends...

Jul 23, 2014, 7:15 PM [ in reply to I know - watching these clips, he shows no ability to make ]

Awesome!! He'll be great!

Jul 23, 2014, 9:02 PM [ in reply to I know - watching these clips, he shows no ability to make ]

There is no waited motion with this kid, a read and go type back. He doesn't second guess his decisions with the ball. A cut and go ball carrier. Like the way he protect the ball by place it to the outside away from the approaching defender. If you questioning his power, go to (3.39)point on the video and watch this bulldozer in action.

Jul 23, 2014, 3:20 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Fuller in for 2014, Oglesby headed to prep school ]

I think you're going to be surprised!!!

Doesn't matter because it is the coaches that he has to

Jul 23, 2014, 6:59 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Fuller in for 2014, Oglesby headed to prep school ]

"excite".

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 23, 2014, 3:08 PM

I love that a felleow Greenwave will be playing for Clemson.

Have no doubt that a RS is in his future for 14.

Jul 23, 2014, 4:10 PM

It is my belief that we will soon see a resurgence in the offensive line play and Clemson running backs will be especially good! IT always begins UP FRONT. ALWAYS.

Reminds me of James Davis

Jul 23, 2014, 9:27 PM

Vision and cutback ability

Re: Reminds me of James Davis

Jul 23, 2014, 10:08 PM

Yes, I say the same thing last year when we was looking to offer him.

Jul 23, 2014, 9:33 PM

The videos don't do him much justice. As an EHS alumnus, I regularly went to games and to see him in action is amazing. Playing at around 190 lbs. in HS, he was a bulldozer, with above average speed. He hit his reads hard without dancing around, and we need that 3rd down back. He may RS for sure, but guarantee he has the body type to put on 20-30 lbs in a hurry and be very special for us in the future.

At 3:50 on the first Fuller highlight vid, the QB pitches it

Jul 24, 2014, 9:51 AM

then goes ahead of Fuller and pancake blocks some poor guy from Westside.

Maybe this will give Oglesby time to mature he's a punk

Jul 24, 2014, 10:07 AM

right now. His conduct isn't something that Clemson needs on it's team.

Jul 24, 2014, 8:26 PM

Stats wrong for Oglesby. He ran for 2,200 and 21 TD's. Prep school will be good for him

Jul 24, 2014, 8:28 PM

Also 40 catches for almost 600 yards. Found stats online.

Jul 26, 2014, 12:23 AM

Man Fuller gets through the hole pretty quick and looks pretty good cutting back against the grain...looks pretty good with size and speed to boot

Replies: 54
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic