Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Death Valley: An opponent's perspective
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

New Story: Death Valley: An opponent's perspective

Jul 24, 2014, 8:06 AM

Death Valley: An opponent's perspective

Longtime sports announcer Brent Musberger says that Clemson's Death Valley is one of the stadiums that has to be on every college football fan's bucket list. This year, three new teams will visit Clemson, and players and coaches from Syracuse and Louisville talk about what they are looking forward to. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Death Valley: An opponent's perspective

Jul 24, 2014, 8:20 AM

I have been to more than my share of CFB/Pro football stadiums , and there are none louder . That includes Doak , Bryant Denny , Willy B , Jordan Hare and Between the Dog Bushes .
Death Valley stands alone as the greatest Gameday atmosphere in America...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

A few places probably come close

Jul 24, 2014, 9:23 AM

Oregon's Autzen Stadium comes to mind as a small stadium built with excellent acoustics.

Speaking of acoustics, Imagine how much louder Death Valley would be if they figured out a way to enclose the east side of the stadium. Obviously you'd have to keep the hill in tact, but you could add seats above them.

Don't actually add to the number of seats in the stadium, but adjust it so each seat is slightly larger.

Jul 24, 2014, 9:36 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Death Valley: An opponent's perspective ]

I couldn't agree more. I was siting thinking about that experience. When my health was good before all the back surgeries, I was in the Valley 3 and 5 times a season. Last season was my first season ever I didn't make one game, and after the season I was sadden by that thought. But what I really want to say is that every time, and I do mean every time I've walked in the Valley, it has been a new and as exciting hair raising goose bump event as a fan could possibly hope or wish for. I have been to one Dallas Cowboy game in the early 82. I have been to one Oakland Raider game in 84, and a Tampa Bay game in 88. I've been to Sanford Stadium 3 times, and that cesspool in Dumplumbia a lot. Only one Team in one Stadium has EVER CAUSED my skin to sting and covered in goose bumps, with the hair on my neck and arms standing straight up, and tears soaking my face for our Clemson Tigers in our Clemson's Death Valley. If I'm to be honest, I also love everyone of those Orange Clad fans sporting our awesome PAW. From my experiences, it can't get any better than in Clemson's DV!!!

Message was edited by: allorangeallthetime52®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 24, 2014, 12:00 PM

Amen!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 24, 2014, 4:14 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Death Valley: An opponent's perspective ]

I was at the FSU game, not last year but the one before that. It was a night game, and it was just electric, as they say. There is nothing like Death Valley to bring a chill all over me. I wish we could bottle and sell it. It's just amazing. I take my grandsons to games and I think they too are beginning to understand the magic that is at Clemson football games. Now that we are winning regularly again, it is even better. Just wish my mother were still around to see it. She truly loved it there.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A favorite story of mine

Jul 24, 2014, 1:57 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Death Valley: An opponent's perspective ]

Back in 2001 I was at the NCSU-Maryland in Raleigh. This was the year Maryland won the conference and went orange bowling--but they had to beat NCSU to secure the conference title. NCSU naturally had no intentions on letting someone else win the conference in their stadium. It was a night game, NCSU was intent on upsetting them, and the crowd was pretty raucous. At one critical point in the game the stadium got really "loud" and my friends were all talking about how they'd never heard it louder. I turned to one of them and said "This is as loud as your stadium gets? I can still hold a conversation with you. This is nothing."

Re: A favorite story of mine

Jul 24, 2014, 2:28 PM

I thought the same thing when I went to Lane Stadium. I had always heard what a great atmosphere a Thursday night game there was. It was good but I didn't think it was that loud even with their little key jingle. Death Valley is head and shoulders above other environments. Prob the only comparison is Autzen Stadium. But that's still 2nd to the Valley IMHO.

Yep

Jul 25, 2014, 8:01 AM

EVERYONE thinks their stadium is loud (well, except maybe Duke and Wake Forest) until they come to Death Valley.

Jul 24, 2014, 8:46 AM

Anybody else get cold chills reading the first couple of paragraphs? Go Tigers!

Jul 24, 2014, 9:43 AM

YES! YES! YES!

Jul 24, 2014, 12:02 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Death Valley: An opponent's perspective ]

There is nothing, anywhere else, that can approach it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 24, 2014, 1:32 PM

After taking in Pro stadiums and other college stadiums, I know first hand, that is a fact!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 24, 2014, 8:52 AM

When the cannon goes off and the Tigers run down that hill, I get goosebumps. It TRUELY IS THE BEST 25 SECONDS of COLLEGE FOOTBALL....there is NO place like DEATH VALLY! Love It and LOVE THE TIGERS! GO TIGERS!!!!

Jul 24, 2014, 9:33 AM

I'll put the 4th Q defensive series in the 2005 Miami game up against just about anything in terms of noise. With that said, I was at the Swamp for the 1999 UF/Tennessee game and that was just as loud and more sustained throughout the game. My friend was a Senior at UF that year-- they had never lost at home during his time in Gainsville. The next week, they lost to Alabama.

In terms of overall Gameday atmosphere, it's hard to beat Clemson. The one thing that hurts us, in my opinion, is simply some of our opponents-- our fans get apathetic when teams like Duke, Boston College, Wake, etc. come to town, especially if we've got a Noon kickoff. However, if we have a big primetime showdown, there's nothing like it.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Opponent Coaches saying Clemson's Death Valley is...

Jul 24, 2014, 10:12 AM

"what college football is all about". I love it.

It's coming

Jul 24, 2014, 10:35 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbvtdXHXaLU

Good Luck Coach Petrino with your "Silent Cadence" in DV!

Jul 24, 2014, 10:48 AM

GoTiGERS & TiGER Fans...blow em out with some of our great noise!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Good Luck Coach Petrino with your "Silent Cadence" in DV!

Jul 24, 2014, 1:25 PM

Our 12th man is one of our skrongest players!!!

Message was edited by: allorangeallthetime52®

Goose Bumps***

Jul 24, 2014, 3:48 PM

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic