Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: The latest on Ray Ray McCloud
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 44
| visibility 1

New Story: The latest on Ray Ray McCloud

Jul 22, 2014, 5:18 PM

The latest on Ray Ray McCloud

Four-star prospect Ray Ray McCloud is set to make his decision early next week, and is calling coaches and doing his due diligence before making that decision. What does his father say about the decision? Where does Clemson stand with McCloud? Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why the rush to announce if he's still undecided?***

Jul 22, 2014, 5:21 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

That UF check has a "cash by this date" on it...***

Jul 22, 2014, 5:29 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: That UF check has a "cash by this date" on it...***

Jul 22, 2014, 7:12 PM

You may be saying that as a joke, but I imagine he is getting some serious cash incentives from them. They have been at it for a long time. I hope this young man makes his decision based on what he values most in life and not some promise of incentives that may or may not happen. We are a great choice for a lot of reasons. I hope he sees that. Good luck to him, though whatever he decides.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It was a joke, but by no means do I think it's not a real

Jul 22, 2014, 8:22 PM

possibility...I hope he sees the light as well.

Jul 22, 2014, 8:48 PM [ in reply to Re: That UF check has a "cash by this date" on it...*** ]

Florida will be lucky to win 6 games this season. What is he thinking?

Jul 22, 2014, 8:46 PM [ in reply to That UF check has a "cash by this date" on it...*** ]

So what is projected to play? Surely not at RB at his size and weight. What? 170? Why can't we get some
bruisers like Gurley who weighs about 240 and can run?

"we" and "Gurley" in the same sentence...

Jul 22, 2014, 8:48 PM

fooling noone...

Just as an update, Gurley supposedly will be playing at 225

Jul 22, 2014, 9:18 PM [ in reply to Re: That UF check has a "cash by this date" on it...*** ]

this year... Weight isn't always a good thing.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ray Ray....Three words...Nuk, Sammy, NFL

Jul 22, 2014, 5:21 PM

You know what to do... BE A TIGER!

Aren't we recruiting him as a RB?***

Jul 22, 2014, 5:35 PM

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

... then insert CJ & AE ... and NFL

Jul 22, 2014, 5:44 PM

nm

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Aren't we recruiting him as a RB?***

Jul 23, 2014, 9:28 PM [ in reply to Aren't we recruiting him as a RB?*** ]

This kid can play where ever coach Morris needs him to. He a and will be a baller.

Three more words: Spiller! Ellington! NFL!***

Jul 22, 2014, 6:22 PM [ in reply to Ray Ray....Three words...Nuk, Sammy, NFL ]

Re: Ray Ray....Three words...Nuk, Sammy, NFL

Jul 22, 2014, 7:19 PM [ in reply to Ray Ray....Three words...Nuk, Sammy, NFL ]

Nuke, Sammy, and Spiller all went early to the middle of the first round of the NFL Draft!!! And more going after this season.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hope we land him.....

Jul 22, 2014, 5:43 PM

but if not, its not the end of the world.

He would fit in nicely with our team.***

Jul 22, 2014, 7:10 PM

Re: He would fit in nicely with our team.***

Jul 23, 2014, 9:36 PM

Definitely can be used in many ways offensively as well as that longtime much needed direct impact player on the special teams. He fit the mole of a good return man with the playing skills he has. Guaranteed to be a priority look at for the special teams.

Re: New Story: The latest on Ray Ray McCloud

Jul 22, 2014, 5:47 PM

Young man, ask yourself this one simple question....

Do you want to go play for two or three other schools that are a hot mess right now or.....

Do you want to come play for a team on the rise with the nations best young quarterback and THE nations best incoming offensive line to block for you??

Don't overthink it....it's a no-brainer!!

Go Tigers!!!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 22, 2014, 5:56 PM

Think about this Ray Ray, the Florida coaches that are recruiting you won't be there a year from now.

Jul 22, 2014, 5:58 PM

Even if he commits to fla one bad season by them and we will be right back in it. That's what's crazy about all these early commits. That's y you see coaching staffs leave a few ships open because some guys turn it on there senior year and other kids jump ship when the coach leaves or gets fired.

Jul 22, 2014, 7:27 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: The latest on Ray Ray McCloud ]

Our in coming OL should make this an easy decision for him. Just an average RB can look great running behind the Super Star OL that we will have at Clemson with him.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Our record with Fla kids speaks for itself

Jul 22, 2014, 6:06 PM

Sign with us in February

Jul 22, 2014, 6:11 PM

I'm pretty sure that his father is just trying to build the drama and he is already set on Florida. Nobody is going to pay attention to an announcement when it's already determined, so he's just trying to keep people interested IMO.

Jul 22, 2014, 7:42 PM

If that is what is going on, it is a very bad move. Fla is and has been a train wreck. And to put on a show and tell to go there, kinda makes him look to be not very FB smart if he wants to play in the NFL at his size IMO. Our in coming OL could make him look like a phenomenal 5'9 or 10" running back. But its his choice, and I hope we get him. But some time people can't see what's best for them even when its in their face....

Jul 22, 2014, 7:51 PM

Call Demarcus Robinson and ask him how he likes Florida. I mean honestly, I know we don't play in the SEC. I know they get the headlines. I know at the beginning of Sports Center they talk SEC football for 25 minutes, then they throw the ACC a bone or two,, but look at this. While Aclemson doesn't play in the SEC, we are going out and scheduling good teams. The SEC, however, are playing smaller, weaker teams.

Jul 22, 2014, 9:42 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: The latest on Ray Ray McCloud ]

On his 247 crystal ball, UCLA seems to be making a big run for him.
http://247sports.com/PlayerInstitution/Ray-Ray-McCloud-III-at-Sickles-36974/CurrentExpertPredictions

Jul 23, 2014, 8:57 AM

Has 247 ever got anything right?

CJ, give this recruit a call. Show him some love!

Jul 22, 2014, 6:23 PM

Let him know that Clemson will treat him right.

If we're even with UF why did he skip us and go

Jul 22, 2014, 7:38 PM

to their recruiting event recently? And I thought he was only a quick in and out at the June camp without working out or training much. Just doesn't sound like he's "All In" for Clemson no matter how even his father says it is.

Maybe his dad likes Clemson and wishes they had a great shot

Jul 22, 2014, 7:42 PM

but all the rumblings heard on the web indicate a lean to UF...

That is the impression I have gotten listening to several

Jul 22, 2014, 8:08 PM

of the recruiting gurus. Family would like for Clemson to have a shot but the kids set on Gainsville.

Me too...wish the kid would see the train wreck UF is about

Jul 22, 2014, 8:15 PM

to be...

Re: Me too...wish the kid would see the train wreck UF is about

Jul 23, 2014, 6:49 AM

You say about to be a train wreck with a 4/8 record last season with losing to heavy weights like Georgia Southern and the mighty Vanderbilt Commodores. If Fla. Gators hasn't already become a train wreck, they are missing a h&ll of a chance to derail. The gators are already swinging from women's shoulders as pocket books or ladies purses. If Ray Ray don't won't to become a ladies purse, he should stay away from gator town. He won't be all that fast in a pair of gator pumps and a weighted down ladies purse;) What will it be Ray Ray, A Tiger, or pumps and a purse?

Re: Me too...wish the kid would see the train wreck UF is about

Jul 23, 2014, 8:59 AM

But BUT They block each other very well

Jul 22, 2014, 7:48 PM

We would love to have you at Clemson Ray Ray. come be a part of the best family in college football!

When Muschamp's fired at the end of the season,

Jul 22, 2014, 9:01 PM

there's still a chance he reopens his recruitment. I wouldn't say this one's over, even if he doesn't announce for Clemson next week.

Ray to CU...kid has grades and can prosper..

Jul 22, 2014, 9:27 PM

a fit made for him...tough on a young man all the influences, but in the end its Clemson for all the right reasons.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I would love to have this kid but

Jul 23, 2014, 12:36 AM

If we don't get him it's not the end of the world. Like one poster said, if he's not ready then why rush the decision? He still has over half a year to decide where he wants to go. Even if he does commit to a school next week, whoever he picks is still going to have to recruit him hard until national signing day because schools will still be coming to him no matter what he decides. With him not staying here very long for camp, not coming to the cookout and going to FL the weekend before he makes his decision tells us all we need to know imo. Go tigers!

Jul 23, 2014, 2:51 AM

Unfortunately, Ray Ray not doing a lot at camp and skipping the Cookout to go to Florida's camp, pretty much tells where he is going. I believe his mind is already made up, but wants to add a little drama before he announces. Would love to see him at Clemson, but time will tell. Just keep recruiting him hard because National Signing Day is a long way down the road. If Florida has a bad season, there could be a major shake up in Gator land, and Clemson could still be in the running.

UF is a program that is dying

Jul 23, 2014, 5:09 AM

Muschump will not be there after next year so why would you commit to a program that you have no idea if you will like the staff or not? They fire muschump, which is a great possibility, then bring in a #### of a coach, what do you do the next three miserable years?

At Clemson, you have the security that Dabo will be there when you graduate.

Just my own gut feeling but....

Jul 23, 2014, 7:35 AM

I think Ray Ray will commit to and sign with Florida unless it becomes clear that this will be Muschamp's last year with the Gators.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

The word vicariously comes to mind***

Jul 23, 2014, 8:13 AM

Dion Cain is Ray Ray's best friend!! Go Tigers!!

Jul 23, 2014, 10:13 AM

We have a bug in his ear. We should all be positive about a great football player.who wants to be a Tiger for a lifetime. If he reads this mess about Florida and their is no need because the recruiting services say he is going to the reptiles. All the recruiting services are biased to SEC schools right now.

We have a great shot. I believe his dad is a straight shooter. He has an awesome family and they are a class act. He is not looking for cash, he'll get that at the pros.

With Ray Ray and Dion Cain we are unstoppable with the line we have coming in. I pray we get some defensive line help for the future, such as Huggins or Thompson.

Go Tigers!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Re: Dion Cain is Ray Ray's best friend!! Go Tigers!!

Jul 23, 2014, 9:59 PM

Cain and Ray Ray along with Watson have the capability to destroy some defensive game plan and the Clemson record book. Cain is guaranteed to be an immediate impact at Clemson. Can't wait to see him in action. If Ray Ray come on board, Cain will definitely stretch the field for Ray Ray to have his way once he gets the ball in his hands. They will be an amazing dual for Clemson.

Replies: 44
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic