Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Plyler's Blog: FSU
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

Plyler's Blog: FSU

Jul 22, 2014, 5:58 AM

FSU

FSU
Yesterday at the ACC media days Clemson was picked to finish second to Florida State in the Atlantic division and the Tigers were also picked to finish second in the league.  I was not surprised the Seminoles were the favorite to win the league but I was a little taken back by the margi

Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No one doubts the Seminoles' strengths nor their talent

Jul 22, 2014, 6:46 AM

nor their coaching.

No one fools himself believing our battle will be anything other than a momentous task. Nor does anyone not understand the media's infatuation with young Mr. Winston and crew.

However, if there's one lesson I've learned in life, it's the "given" that today's darlings quickly become tomorrow's dunces once someone reveals an ugly side to the beloved.

We just have to figure out how to force out that ugliness once on the field at Doak..............

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Paper... That's why they play the game. Nothing's given.***

Jul 22, 2014, 7:32 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Paper... That's why they play the game. Nothing's given.***

Jul 22, 2014, 6:44 PM

Yeah i kinda wish we had only played the game on paper last yr.

Why the love for our LB corp??

Jul 22, 2014, 7:58 AM

Yes Anthony is progressing well. He was a 5 star he should be a dominate LB.

The other two spots are all new starters. I know we have talent but that talent could not beat out Shuey and Christian who were serviceable but very limited.

Shuey had a terrible game vs SC. He had several good angles on show but managed to get blocked or just couldn't beat Shaw to the spot.

For me we have one very good LB and two other spots that could be good but need to show it.

Guess we will find out very soon. If Gurley gets past our line we could be in trouble and Gurley will get past our line some.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't always look at it as 'our younger guys can't be

Jul 22, 2014, 7:09 PM

that great b/c they didn't beat out our starters.' What if they didn't know the playbook? That could have easily been remedied by this point in time. Now we could have players that are more athletic and quicker like an O'Daniel who knows the playbook well and can perform at the same level or better than Shuey.

It's easy to look at what you've lost. We do it every single year and it NEVER fails that several players emerge as reliable playmakers.

Re: Plyler's Blog: FSU

Jul 22, 2014, 8:10 AM

Wow, this has to be one of the most depressing blogs I have read. My hope for the coming season is certainly watered down now. After reading the paper projections, I'm not sure we make the top 25.

I remember the FSU blowout games in 1993, 1998, and 2000. I also remember the whole Florida State and the 8 dwarfs period. Have we gone back to those days?

After reading your blog, the game in Tallahassee looks to be a blowout. Maybe we should stay at home and focus on the games we can realistically compete in.

Of course, what hurts most is that team. The Noles humiliated us during our coming out party last year. Watching them celebrate in our stadium brought back memories of Steve Taneyhill miming homeruns and stomping on the Tiger Paw. And Jameis will easily be the one quarterback I will be looking for to be flat on his back with a dazed look on his face. This cocky criminal makes Cam Newton look like an altar boy. And Jimbo obviously want to win at all costs and foregoes any discipline. How very SEC of him.

I am hoping we play with our hair on fire in Doak this year and maybe use press like this as motivation to do impossible, unthrone the champ!!

Jul 22, 2014, 9:02 AM

Well said! +1! It will be an uphill battle, but I doubt we will see a game like last year's when everything they did was right, and nothing we did was. Granted, they made a lot of things happen in their favor, but that was surreal. I believe they are the better team, but I think we do have a chance, if we get some of the breaks they got last year. It will be a war, though. Revenge is on our side, though, and it is a good motivator.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 22, 2014, 9:25 AM

mickey p is the only man who can lose an argument with himself!

Jul 22, 2014, 7:08 PM [ in reply to Re: Plyler's Blog: FSU ]

Don't let this talk, and that's all it is at this point, dishearten you. Our guys have been trashed, negatively talked about and insulted since the start of summer.

I may not be the expert X & O FB God that some think they are. But I can promise you that I have been an extremely competitive baby, young boy, young man, to older man since birth. Nothing has never fired me up, or pisssed me off beyond reason more than to hear others talk about what they can and will do to me without ever doing it.

I have this deep gut feeling from some past feelings that this team, these Tigers that FSU has never beat, are feeling pretty disrespected right now by people saying what This or That team are going to do to them. This and That team may beat our 2014 Tigers, but it won't be easy. They have been disrespected and insulted all summer long, and This and That team better bring Their very best game.

And don't forget that the guys that did play against FSU last year, they were very hurt by the pounding FSU put on them IN their house. Even after FSU had the game won, FSU intentionally disrespected and insulted them even more. That has eaten away in the hearts and guts of every player that played in that game everyday since that night. When they hit the field at dope stadium, their emotions toward FSU will be bloody raw...

Message was edited by: allorangeallthetime52®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GA first... We have plenty of time to get ready for FSU.....

Jul 22, 2014, 8:17 AM

One more thing... this year we get a bye week, too.... BIG difference early...

More worried about UGA right now***

Jul 22, 2014, 9:24 AM

If a biased Clemson writer thinks that FSU is better in

Jul 22, 2014, 1:26 PM

just about every facet of the game than Clemson even if only slightly, then when asked who will win the ACC he would say FSU, why should we be surprised if "non-biased" press do not also think the same thing? The 109-3 wasn't a "how much better is FSU than Clemson," it was a poll of 112 people who were asked "Who is better?" And if you would say FSU, I bet most other people would, too.

Jul 22, 2014, 1:36 PM

Your analysis can be correct but you leave out several things: In all of their games last year they were nearly PERFECT! no injuries that made a difference, didn't turn the ball over like previous FSU teams, didn't take the huge number of penalties they typically take, the Crab Man made all the right decisions in virtually all scenarios,etc.
I DO NOT believe that will happen all season for them AGAIN in 2014!
The question is: will they fail on that given Saturday! Don't sell our program short. I suspect will be several surprises for the Noles and this game will be much closer than 20. Personally, I !like our chances

Jul 22, 2014, 2:52 PM

They have 2 5* recruits on the DL ... that could not stop Auburn whenever Jernagen was on the side line.... Jernagan is gone, Joyner is gone.. Joyner had 3 TOs in the game at DV last year... without his play we might have been in the game. He ain't playing this year.

We will move the ball against their D... they question is whether our D can get some stops against their O... We will know that the 1st week... I do not think FSU's O is any better that UGa's. What FSU had last year was a top 5 D... this year we have the top 5 D!

Well stated... That's mostly how I see it. How our DBs play

Jul 22, 2014, 3:50 PM

will probably be the difference.... +1.

So you're upset that only 109 people agreed with you?

Jul 22, 2014, 3:24 PM

Or is it that only 3 people disagreed with you? Which one of those bothers you?

Awful commentary, if you ask me... which you didn't.

And I quote....

Jul 22, 2014, 4:02 PM

"Florida State had 109 votes to win the division while Clemson had 3. Really? 109-3?"

"I have no doubts that FSU is better than Clemson heading into the season."

"As you can I tell I believe FSU is the superior team"

If you think FSU is better then why do you have such a hard time seeing why others feel the same?

You are arguing with yourself....

Do you even take the time to read this stuff before you post it?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

Jul 22, 2014, 8:23 PM

Bovine scathology. To quote Stormin' Norman. It sounds like we've been stomped before the game is played. I'm looking forward to this game.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Winston's past will catch up to him sometime - I would like

Jul 22, 2014, 9:14 PM

to see him at least be humble - most people would be acting guilty as hell after what he did (and it was videotaped). To me it is very sociopathic (no conscience) to be so cocky on the big stage after those accusations. Legal and Karma justice will catch up with him sometime!

Stout won't choke against Fla st. like Boyd did against

Jul 22, 2014, 9:20 PM

them & the coots the past 2 yrs. I thought Boyd should have been pulled in all3 of those games at least for a few downs

Fire Plyler!***

Jul 22, 2014, 9:43 PM

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic