Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: One-on-one with Robbie Caldwell
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

New Story: One-on-one with Robbie Caldwell

Jul 22, 2014, 11:14 AM

One-on-one with Robbie Caldwell

TigerNet sat down for a 1-on-1 with offensive line coach Robbie Caldwell this past week. What does Caldwell say about Eric Mac Lain, Tyrone Crowder, Jay Guillermo, Maverick Morris and others? Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Battle at 270!!!!

Jul 22, 2014, 11:36 AM

Now I'm worried about our blindside.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson doesn't care about basketball....as evidenced by Brown-L getting 14 years.

Re: Battle at 270!!!!

Jul 22, 2014, 12:57 PM

We should all be worried, especially the QB's if they are depending on Battle to protect their flank. Battle is simply not going to cut it at anywhere near 270. He needs to be playing at 295 to 300. I wonder about his level of commitment, but that's just my own personal intuition. At any rate, it's now or never for Battle---he gets it done or rides the pine.

Jul 22, 2014, 3:15 PM

His 3rd year in the program and weight room with Clinical Nutritionist on staff. This is PATHETIC!!!!! This guy is NOT INTERESTED in becoming a good player!

Jul 22, 2014, 3:17 PM

uh, he is already a good player. maybe he just has a hard time gaining weight.

LOL!!!!***

Jul 22, 2014, 9:17 PM [ in reply to Re: Battle at 270!!!! ]

Seems it was more of a bad projection by the coaches

Jul 22, 2014, 3:26 PM [ in reply to Re: Battle at 270!!!! ]

than a guy not dedicated. The coaches are the ones that took a guy who was too light to play OL and just thought they could throw 60 lbs of good weight on a guy. Our S&C staff has failed at adding good weight to a lot of guys. Vic Beasley being another one. They've been trying to pack weight on him for 3 yrs and he's still just at 235.

Re: Seems it was more of a bad projection by the coaches

Jul 22, 2014, 3:47 PM

so it is the s&c staffs fault these guys have high metabolism. guess they get no credit for vic being able to bench 500 lbs and hobby calling him the strongest 240 lb man he has ever seen. lol, you guys kill me.

yet someone posted the other day we are the heaviest team by

Jul 22, 2014, 3:57 PM [ in reply to Seems it was more of a bad projection by the coaches ]

avg. weight in the ACC. Yawn. Battle has been quite effective already-- it's his long arms that make him a good OT. -- He will eventually start gaining weight--so will Beasley-- it's a natural part of life. Unless you pump them full of things you shouldn't then there metabolism is going to win out- the later they gain it the probably better off they will be from a longevity standpoint and pro football

Jul 22, 2014, 4:36 PM [ in reply to Seems it was more of a bad projection by the coaches ]

Yea they suck so bad. I can't believe they took McClain from 245-250 to almost 300 lbs. just plain terrible. Some guys just don't gain weight. When I was in college I couldn't gain a lb now in my 30s I can't keep it off. These are college students who work out daily and sweat a lot. Give it a break

Jul 22, 2014, 4:40 PM [ in reply to Seems it was more of a bad projection by the coaches ]

I'd like for a OT to be in the 290 range myself just for the purposes in the run game, but Battle is an athlete playing OL and not just some kid who's bigger and strong than everybody.

He's got the length, feet, strength and attitude you want from an OT, even if he can't be a bruiser in the run game at 270.

I'm confident he'll play the season in the 285 range. I'd rather him be a little light and maintain his elite range than for him to put on too much too fast and lose a step.

I don't see Beasley adding a whole lot more weight

Jul 22, 2014, 7:43 PM

Look at him with no shirt, he's already about to burst. Only place he could really add anymore is his legs, and that's not the easiest thing to do. As for Battle, I'd guess it's a combination of his metabolism, S&C, and his not liking to eat. Not one specific thing, just a combo of them all. It is disappointing

Maybe this future millionaire NFL player might

Jul 22, 2014, 9:21 PM [ in reply to Seems it was more of a bad projection by the coaches ]

give a coot a couple of dollars. Never know.

Jul 22, 2014, 3:40 PM [ in reply to Battle at 270!!!! ]

And Cole's too!

Re: New Story: One-on-one with Robbie Caldwell

Jul 22, 2014, 3:43 PM

Clemson will be the underdog this year and they will have a special season one to remember

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic