Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Those that say they'd be okay with
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 30
| visibility 1

Those that say they'd be okay with

Jul 21, 2014, 4:46 PM

going 1-11 "as long as we beat the coots" need to do some serious revaluation of their love for this football team. We have proven to be able to accomplish big things on a national level, while SC has not. Therefore, we will continue to be the defining point of THEIR season, not vice versa. We have dominated the series for far too long to obsess over their success (or lack thereof), like they do toward us.

When we beat them in the Valley, we'll all leave the stadium with smiles on our faces and know that things are back to being the way they are supposed to be. Clemson > SC PERIOD, and despite 5 wins in a row, SC knows it too.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Those that say they'd be okay with

Jul 21, 2014, 4:58 PM

H&ll yes, my feelings exactly. All Tiger fans alive right now will never see SC coots feel proud until they get their win record against us respectable. We will never live long enough to see that!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 21, 2014, 5:28 PM

They can ignore their sordid and pitiful history all they want to, but the ones living now never will live long enough to see the records equal in wins. That is usuc football in a nutshell. That is what they hate and obsess on most. I never will. They mean so little to me.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Surely we beat Citadel and SC St. lol***

Jul 21, 2014, 4:59 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 21, 2014, 5:00 PM

If you haven't read yet.

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=15559346

Im by no means saying that a loss to the coots is acceptable

Jul 21, 2014, 5:46 PM

In fact, it should be an accomplishable goal every season. If we can win the ACC or a BCS bowl, we can beat SC. My point is that we can't obsess over SC and considering a win over SC being the lone factor in a "successful season". I grew up in Columbia. I see this every time i go home. But i've also seen their sad, sad fanbase endure losing to us year after year. They obsess over us and its rather hilarious. Meanwhile, we are winning BCS bowls and stocking up on one of our most talented recruiting classes in 20 years.

5 wins in a row gets you nowhere. If you're not an SC or Clemson fan, its irrelevant. You think a recruit from Florida considering SC gives a shiit about "5 in a row"? No. He wants to win championships. Something SC has not done since '69.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Do you honestly believe that a recruit

Jul 21, 2014, 7:24 PM

In Florida is choosing Clemson over Carolina because you won an ACC championship three years ago?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

No, he's considering us because

Jul 21, 2014, 7:47 PM

he saw us beat (2-year) undefeated Ohio State in a BCS bowl last year.

While you were beating up a mediocre Wisconsin team in some run of the mill bowl game.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Not at all. But they would because clemson is

Jul 21, 2014, 11:02 PM [ in reply to Do you honestly believe that a recruit ]

More relevant on a national level. SC is relevant in the state of SC and to a small extent in the SEC (L)east

Jul 21, 2014, 5:03 PM

Couldn't agree more, I don't even agree with the ppl that say they would be fine with 8-4 or 9-3 if we beat them...I would still rather go 11-1 or 10-2 with an Orange Bowl and that loss, those type of season are what makes a great program and if you start building on top of what we already are those wins will naturally come...its not that bad yet ppl lol look at the bigger national picture here. After we beat LSU and OSU no one even talked about the USC loss, no one cared outside of the two fanbases bc we accomplished something bigger.

Jul 21, 2014, 5:05 PM

People have been saying "those wins will naturally come" for several years now.

I'm ready for nature to take its course, even if that means losing a game in the early part of the season that we shouldn't.

If we're good enough to beat the Coots, we're good enough to beat everyone save FSU - not the other way around and have a nice postseason.

Jul 21, 2014, 5:23 PM

I mean I think we have been the better team the past 2 years....I loved Tajh and everything he did for this university but he played his worst game against them, and for two years we had every opp to win those games but you turn it over 6 times and you are gonna struggle against anyone on the schedule...im telling you athlete wise we are just as good if not better now its become a mental thing with them that past few season and one win will change that...but accepting mediocre season to just beat them is not the answer long term

Jul 21, 2014, 6:53 PM

So well said!!! +1!

You're exactly right it's a mental thing. And Boyd was

Jul 21, 2014, 9:15 PM [ in reply to Re: Those that say they'd be okay with ]

scared to death of them.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Jul 21, 2014, 6:52 PM [ in reply to Re: Those that say they'd be okay with ]

If we play to our full capability we are capable of beating anybody and everybody we play, including UGA, FSU and the coots. It is doubtful we ever have another game when absolutely nothing goes our way and everything goes our opponents way as happened in last year's FSU game, and even though the coots have greatly improved their product, so have we. I am very optimistic about this year's team. Spot the ball!

There is no scenario any Clemson fan should want that

Jul 21, 2014, 9:15 PM [ in reply to Re: Those that say they'd be okay with ]

involves losing to them. ####### enough is enough.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 21, 2014, 5:07 PM

THANK YOU FOR CLEARING THAT UP!!! WE SKRONG THO! AND IF WE SKRONG DEN WE SKRONG!!! Nothing to fear about the COOTS

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Our country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any America because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race.

~Chesty Puller
Lt.General United States Marine Corps

Jul 21, 2014, 6:56 PM

Agree with the perspective, but not only do we need a victory this year, but to reaffirm the series, we must win in 2015 in Columbia.

The next time a USC fan crows about five in a row, ask them how they would do if they played in The Valley sixty-four years in a row! Then remind them we had a superior record against them despite having to play in Columbia! That puts the entire series in proper perspective.

Go Tigers!

Those that fell that way

Jul 21, 2014, 7:17 PM

seem to hate SC more than they love Clemson.

I'm not quite sure how the love/hate scale goes

Jul 21, 2014, 9:17 PM

but I do having a burning hatred for USuC. It complements my love for Clemson.

Amen

Jul 21, 2014, 7:44 PM

Point.

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

first of all, nobody is saying they're "OK with going 1-11

Jul 21, 2014, 10:30 PM

as long as we beat the coots"... so that's completely irrelevant. But you know that. Even if somebody does say it, they don't mean it, they're just over-exaggerating to express their frustration with the 5 straight beatdowns by the chicken necks. Because reality is, if we're 0-11 heading into the rivalry game, we've got much bigger problems than losing to the necks again.

I'd also question your statement that "We have proven to be able to accomplish big things on a national level, while SC has not." Really? Well, I can't remember the last time we finished the season ranked ahead of the necks in the national polls, can you? I'm guessing it was the last time we beat em. I'm sure you see the correlation there...

I also think in most years, losing to the necktards will severely cripple our season goals. A loss in late Nov is hard to overcome, unlike an early season loss. We sorta got lucky last year... it will be difficult to go to BCS bowls and/or play for the nat'l title with a loss to the tards. So it's about more than just Braggin Rights.

And sadly, there's a whole generation of kids growing up that think Clemson losing to USEC is the norm. One of my best friend's daughter, a SR in high school, made that comment recently. "Carolina always beats Clemson." Wow... that hurts. But you can't blame her, that's all she's ever known. ####, she doesn't care about the series record and games played in 1934, and why should she?

You know, if you're OK with getting our hides blistered by the chicken necks every year... then more power to you. Because it's not OK with me. I wish I could snuggle up with my ACC Atlantic Division replica trophy and drop off into dream world, but that ain't happening.

A drunk will run a STOP sign, but a stoner will wait for it to turn green.

Can you name the top 10 teams in the final polls

Jul 21, 2014, 11:07 PM

The past 3 years? No. I seem to remember within the past decade that Utah, Hawaii, Texas Tech, and various other mid-major/bottom feeder schools were top 10 teams at some point. But they never accomplished more than that. Beating a top 10 LSU team in a prime time bowl game and beating an OSU team that hadn't lost in 2 years in a BCS bowl really sticks out to recruits. Rankings don't directly translate to being able to win big games

OSU lost their game prior to playing clemson

Jul 22, 2014, 10:05 AM

Nice try though. I have a feeling you honestly don't believe what you're selling.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

You're absolutely right

Jul 22, 2014, 11:13 AM

They were 24-1 (24-0 regular season) going into our game. What a scrub team.

Assume you are establishing yourself for a good marketing

Jul 21, 2014, 11:05 PM

job starting 7 May 2016. And you are winning friends and influencing people to make that happen. If so, good luck and keep up the good work.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I can't tell if there is sarcasm in your post or not

Jul 21, 2014, 11:10 PM

GWP has made it hard to tell anymore these days. But to answer your question, yes I'm working hard at establishing the proper connections that suit my interests. I'd really like to get a chance at an internship with Michelin, as I'm also minoring in French. For those that don't know, Michelin does a lot with the French.

No sarcasm at all --- like your posts --- noticed you were a

Jul 21, 2014, 11:14 PM

student graduating in 2016 --- looked up your most likely graduation date and wanted to wish you well if this was the case.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well in that case I appreciate the well wishes

Jul 21, 2014, 11:31 PM

College ain't easy, especially Clemson. But it'll all be well worth it one day. +1 to you.

Michelin is French... They do a lot with the US....***

Jul 22, 2014, 12:25 AM [ in reply to I can't tell if there is sarcasm in your post or not ]

Don't lie to yourself. SCAR fans have more to be happy about

Jul 21, 2014, 11:16 PM

than we do with regards to our rivalry with them. They beat us thoroughly and they finish ranked higher in the polls. Those are clearly the two most important things in a rivalry with the first one counting much more. Trying to spin reality to deflect the pain of being owned makes the ownership even worse.

We absolutely must beat them. We are losing SC as a base of support. We held back the hordes for decades by beating them. If we don't beat them NOW we risk further erosion of home state support.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 30
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic