Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Spurrier talks about beating Clemson at SEC media day
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 78
| visibility 1

FB Update: Spurrier talks about beating Clemson at SEC media day

Jul 15, 2014, 10:28 AM

Spurrier talks about beating Clemson at SEC media day

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Kind of a backhanded jab at their fans***

Jul 15, 2014, 10:30 AM

Re: Kind of a backhanded jab at their fans***

Jul 15, 2014, 10:32 AM

I think he backhanded everyone that lives in SC on that one.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 15, 2014, 6:30 PM

Even after them winning 5 in a row Clemson is still in there heads. Take a look at there board mostly Clemson post.

Jul 15, 2014, 10:33 AM [ in reply to Kind of a backhanded jab at their fans*** ]

beating us is all they have to live for. they sure as hell are never winning the sec. the sooner we turn it back to normal the sooner they slither back into oblivion where they were until 5 years ago.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 15, 2014, 11:16 AM [ in reply to Kind of a backhanded jab at their fans*** ]

Either way, he told the truth.

Re: FB Update: Spurrier talks about beating Clemson at SEC media day

Jul 15, 2014, 10:36 AM

my only response is; Hey gutter mouth, we'll see you on 11-29 at Death Valley!

Jul 15, 2014, 10:39 AM

assuming he is not blathering in a nursing home before then.

Jul 15, 2014, 10:42 AM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Spurrier talks about beating Clemson at SEC media day ]

Exactly!!! In 53 years I've never felt as sure about a game against them as this one coming. I hope he can handle this AS$ rocking well enough to stay for the next one in his yard. Then I don't care what happens to him. He can just go to h&ll after that for all I care!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 16, 2014, 6:49 PM

I'm just curious, what is the basis for all your confidence about 11/29? I just don't see why you even think Clemson will win, let alone put a beat down on them. Objectively, I see the Gamecocks winning handily....again. I think that would be six times in a row, wouldn't it?

and what is the basis for all your confidence about ...

Jul 16, 2014, 7:50 PM

a coot being on a Clemson board trying to convince yourself of a win by the chickens? Pretty d amn sad when you come here for our approval about the coots and making yourself look like a fool. You being here is like Hillary Clinton trying to convince US citizens she is not an accessory to murder.

^^^^expected^^^^***

Jul 15, 2014, 10:37 AM

Spurrier is wrong. They would rather beat themselves ! :0

Jul 15, 2014, 10:41 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Someone should ask him what Mangus is drinking.***

Jul 15, 2014, 10:41 AM

So Crump

Jul 15, 2014, 10:43 AM

Now YOU are going to talk about South Carolina on TigerNet- The Source for Clemson Sports Information

Well isnt that special

He's a prik***

Jul 15, 2014, 10:45 AM

They would rather beat Clemson

Jul 15, 2014, 10:51 AM

when they beat Clemson. If they won the SEC and lost to Clemson, they'd rather win the SEC.

Just like Clemson would rather win the ACC than the SC game, because that's what they did.

"They"? Don't you mean "we"?***

Jul 15, 2014, 10:59 AM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No, pretty sure I meant "they".***

Jul 15, 2014, 11:00 AM

Remind me where you went to school again...It's not "they"

Jul 15, 2014, 11:13 AM

when talking about your alma mater...

Spurrier wasn't referring to alumni, right?

Jul 15, 2014, 11:17 AM

He was talking about USC football fans, if I'm not mistaken. I don't really consider myself such.

So you're not a ####, yet you still troll Tigernet daily?

Jul 15, 2014, 11:20 AM

Winner

What do you want me to do, work?***

Jul 15, 2014, 12:24 PM

When have the Trojans beat the Tigers?????***

Jul 15, 2014, 12:22 PM [ in reply to Spurrier wasn't referring to alumni, right? ]

Not me. I'd rather beat USuC any day of the week.***

Jul 15, 2014, 12:52 PM [ in reply to They would rather beat Clemson ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

You musta been really happy with Tommy Bowden as coach***

Jul 15, 2014, 6:28 PM

No, winning the ACC IS more important at Clemson...

Jul 15, 2014, 6:27 PM [ in reply to They would rather beat Clemson ]

Whether our fans believe it or not, we have beat SCAR 64 times. Won the ACC 14 times. Winning the ACC guarantees an Orange Bowl bid and most a 10+ win season (likely more with FSU in our division). Winning the SCAR game doesn't even guarantee us a bowl bid. Its a no brainer.

Re: They would rather beat Clemson

Jul 16, 2014, 6:52 PM [ in reply to They would rather beat Clemson ]

Obviously winning the ACC Championship is a lot easier than beating the Gamecocks.

Unfortunately for Slurrier, his players think the same way..

Jul 15, 2014, 11:01 AM

They get motivated to play us, but get lazy in games against the SEC's underclass.

This is why they will never be champions.

I'm simply a genius? No, just OBS being OBS [LINK]

Jul 15, 2014, 11:05 AM

Called it.

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/thread.jspa?messageID=15539221�

Shortsighted Gamecock fans

Can't see past the regular season. If beating Clemson every year meant sitting on the couch to watch Clemson in the bowl game every year they would take it. Like giving a kid two one dollar bills for a 10 because two ones equals 11

Shocker***

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Didn't we all see this coming? NO SEC Trophy Slurrier!***

Jul 15, 2014, 11:07 AM

Spurrier has to do the SEC talking: LSU, UGA & Auburn can't

Jul 15, 2014, 11:13 AM

And it is my undying conviction that come late November, the Capons won't be able to play that card, either.

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agree. The only right UGA has anymore...

Jul 15, 2014, 11:20 AM

...is the right to remain silent.

Anything they say can and will be used against them in a court of law.

Truthfully, what else do you think he's gonna talk about?

Jul 15, 2014, 11:16 AM

It's not like he/they have a long list of accomplishments to brag about...It's either crow about 5 in a row or remind everyone that a suckass UT team kept them from winning the East...I'd be bragging about beating Clemson too...

Truthfully, what else do you think he's gonna talk about? OK

Jul 16, 2014, 3:40 PM

Best reply on board thanks!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 15, 2014, 12:08 PM

I've said it before, it's their Super Bowl. It's all they have to look forward to all year, playing Clemson.

Re: FB Update: Spurrier talks about beating Clemson at SEC media day***

Jul 16, 2014, 3:56 PM

"Stalwart universities—Harvard, Princeton, Yale—most certainly offer status. The Citadel offers character. "

Jul 16, 2014, 7:01 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Spurrier talks about beating Clemson at SEC media day ]

That is such a joke. Clemson has a cakewalk through the ACC every year and usually can't win the one or two difficult games they play. Which is why the Gamecocks have beat them like rented mules five times in a row. Week in and week out the Gamecocks have to get ready to play their best. Clemson just coasts along week to week.

Jul 16, 2014, 8:18 PM

are you talking about getting ready for those tough Florida, Tennessee, Vanderbilt, Arkansas, Miss St, etc games?

Jul 15, 2014, 12:10 PM

Well of course. Thats ALL hes been able to do. Lol

SOS is the Tommy Bowden of Coot football***

Jul 2, 2012, 9:03 PM

Re: SOS is the Tommy Bowden of Coot football***

Jul 15, 2014, 5:29 PM

A good way to stay out of the hot seat with Admin., and throw one in there for future bonuses or contracting purpose.

Re: SOS is the Tommy Bowden of Coot football***

Jul 16, 2014, 7:04 PM

Make no mistake - we DO enjoy beating Clemson every year! We love it!

I respect everyone's right to hate the guy's personality....

Jul 15, 2014, 5:53 PM

but any Clemson fan who ignores the guy's accomplishments and what he has done at SCAR... and thinks the guy is anything less than an elite coach is deluding themselves.

Spurrier owns us, and we should be man enough to acknowledge it.

Tommy owned the coots and they fell over backwards trying to spin it, looking dumb as sh** in the process. But the truth is the truth.

I can't stand to see Clemson fans living vicariously through SEC teams. It's the ultimate sad irony of our rivalry these days.

Re: I respect everyone's right to hate the guy's personality....

Jul 15, 2014, 6:35 PM

He is on probation for breaking rules through 2014 season.HE has taken USC from 79th to tied for 10th in NCAA history in 2 categories- number of violations and number of years on probation.In addition, he has taken USC athletic dept from 21 million in debt to over 120 million in debt.also, he has taken 68 percent special admissions players. Those are just a few things that go with his on the field success against us

Jul 15, 2014, 6:49 PM

65* ?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Jul 16, 2014, 8:32 AM [ in reply to Re: I respect everyone's right to hate the guy's personality.... ]

Clemson fans are the ones who care about that relatively minor stuff.

Final rankings, his record against us, the fact they don't have any serious NCAA sanctions and the national respect their program gets now. They lose maybe the best QB they ever had and the best defensive player they ever have and they are still picked to finish in the top ten by most media outlets.

I want to beat them this year as bad as anyone, but I will not add insult to injury by refusing to acknowledge that we are up against an elite coach. Nobody outside of bitter Clemson fans would deny it.

Anything Spurrier has done with regards to NCAA violations is less than what we did in the years before our National Championship. You can't have it both ways. I'm sure as hell not going to de-legitimize our NC. It was legit, because everyone else was doing the same thing back then.

Jul 16, 2014, 9:02 AM [ in reply to Re: I respect everyone's right to hate the guy's personality.... ]

Very little, if anything you said is true.

First, he is not mentioned in any violations, it was a compliance officer.
Second, he hasn't had any part in the "debt"., any debt is a board and state decision. I noticed you conveniently failed to mention the record breaking donations too. Can't have it both ways.
Third, you fail to me an the highest GPR in school history
Fourth, you might want to count Clemson's presidential admits.
I could go on, but this is too easy.

Maybe you should try and stick with the truth, or maybe that is just too hard for you.
See you in November

Jul 16, 2014, 9:07 AM

Right . So your head coach didn't know about the compliance issues ?
I got it. Thanks for clearing that up for us.
He and the NCAA are bedfellows , not unlike a lot of CFB HC's these days. It is always remarkable the way fans will come to the defense of a coach after the fact , with ludicrous "facts" and "findings" .

The kool-aid aisle must be low at the Coot BiLo on Decker.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Jul 16, 2014, 9:08 AM [ in reply to Re: I respect everyone's right to hate the guy's personality.... ]

Right . So your head coach didn't know about the compliance issues ?
I got it. Thanks for clearing that up for us.
He and the NCAA are bedfellows , not unlike a lot of CFB HC's these days. It is always remarkable the way fans will come to the defense of a coach after the fact , with ludicrous "facts" and "findings" .

The kool-aid aisle must be low at the Coot BiLo on Decker.

DB23

Jul 16, 2014, 9:10 AM

Also , does seeing us in November mean you won't be driveling your Dirtpecker nonsense on a Tiger Board until then ?
Make a lot of people happy and make it so ....#2.

DB23

Jul 16, 2014, 8:25 PM [ in reply to Re: I respect everyone's right to hate the guy's personality.... ]

All of that is factual

Jul 16, 2014, 9:10 PM

Purple coot loser goes on ignore. Not even worth the time it takes to read his nonsense.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 16, 2014, 9:39 PM

I find him to be satisfying. In the same way his brethren are owned in this rivalry he has nudged aside the simple plain facts and gone ahead full throttle with the schoolboy antics.
His attached pics are a hoot. The part where he talks about being objective is super ...and it sticks with me because I understand that he doesn't understand just what objectivity is defined as.

DB23

Jul 16, 2014, 7:14 PM [ in reply to Re: I respect everyone's right to hate the guy's personality.... ]

And as we know, Clemson received one of the most severe penalties ever handed down by the NCAA after B C Inabinet & Co bought your National Championship. Just sayin'....

Jul 15, 2014, 6:56 PM [ in reply to I respect everyone's right to hate the guy's personality.... ]

I don't think its so much Spurriers coaching ability as ita his name bringing better talent to Scar.

Their defense has been the reason for their success the past 3 years, not the offense.

Jul 16, 2014, 8:33 AM

This doesn't make any sense. His name is only significant because he's an amazing coach. And their talent level has not been superior to ours. Their teams are usually better coached. And his game strategies maximize his match-up advantages.

Jul 16, 2014, 8:55 AM

No one is saying that Otis cannot coach . We all are aware of his coaching acumen , CSO ...but he is on probation for breaking rules. FACT. He threatened to quit unless the BOT lowered its admissions standards in 2008 .FACT . He is a smug , trite little man with nothing to show for all the success he claims to have brought to the Coots...nothing.
If you want to laud over his Cootness that will be fine by me...but I won't stop short of pointing out his glaring detractions either.

DB23

Jul 16, 2014, 9:12 AM

I would rather poke fun of his failures, like I did so energetically with Lou Holtz. The guy was truly a Louser, and we owned him.

But the word you used was "glaring." His accomplishments are exponentially more glaring than his dark spots.

I hope he never wins another game, but twisting the facts and deflecting from the salient issue at hand, his obvious success over the last half-decade, makes us look as delusional as the coots used to be.

Jul 16, 2014, 7:11 PM [ in reply to I respect everyone's right to hate the guy's personality.... ]

Ahhhhhhhhh....so there is honesty around here. I will say that I completely despised Danny Ford, but I ###### sure respected him. And now, I have to admit, I actually like the guy. Dumbo Swiney ain't no Danny Ford, that's for sure! When are you guys gonna get yourselves another butt kickin' tobacco chewing Clemson football coach? Danny and Frank Howard were perfect.

Jul 15, 2014, 6:08 PM

I think what coach Spur is trying to tell everybody is that his fans believe that Clemson is not only heads and shoulders above the SEC, but Clemson is even better than winning the SEC. And, I for one tend to agree with him.

What did you expect him to talk about?

Jul 15, 2014, 7:49 PM

All of their SEC championships?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Hey Spur, no BCS, NC or SEC title for yo Gamecocks like TiGs

Jul 15, 2014, 7:58 PM

have done! GoTigers!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Seek Therapy Slurrier...***

Jul 15, 2014, 9:53 PM

Jul 16, 2014, 3:00 AM

We just gotta beat them this year for crying out loud. He's right, we USED to own them....I'm tired of BEING OWNED. Fix the problem or hire someone who can

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 16, 2014, 6:17 AM

The mindset of fans who think Dabo losing to Spurrier coached teams means he should be let go , or that he is unsuccessful is completely foreign to me.
Swinney has done things wirh Clemson that his 2 predecessors were unable to do. He has accomplished championsips , won a BCS Bowl and beaten high level competitors all while learning on the job.
What Dabo understands is that to beat Spurrier he has to level the field , which with regards to facilities improvements (started under TB) and recruiting he has done. It is just a matter of time for Otis Spurrier , and all the smug Coots who truly believe that they have permanently changed the culture of Scar football in the way of a nice 5 year streak against a rival that dominated them for well over a century.
If Clemson wins the rivalry this November , and with our facilities and staff well entrenched...the rivalry will be back on. Spurrts took advantage of coaching turnovers, recruiting cycle losses due to those coaching changes and beating a coach at the rookie level.
I for one think that Dabo has done extremely well by Clemson University , and I stand behind this guy regardless of his Coot troubles as he has totally revived the football brand of our Tigers ...and continues to improve it going forward.
GO TIGERS !

DB23

+1. Agree on all points and the tide has turned....***

Jul 16, 2014, 9:13 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: +1. Agree on all points and the tide has turned....***

Jul 16, 2014, 9:20 AM

I believe the Coots are still very much delusional. Aside from beating Clemson in 5 consecutive seasons , what have they accomplished under Otis Spurrier ?

I will grant you they have feasted on a weaker SEC east schedule with the decline of UT and FLA , plus the weaker teams in the west and weaklings UK and Vanderbilt ...but what of substance has Otis accomplished ?
Not one trophy that means a thing outside of Cola. Not one additional championship at the conference level...
Maybe I dislike everything Coot. Maybe I do.

DB23

I don't dwell on SCar at all... They've won for various

Jul 16, 2014, 9:37 AM

reasons but this year I think we'll have 'DomiNation D' @ Death Valley...

Re: I don't dwell on SCar at all... They've won for various

Jul 16, 2014, 9:42 AM

I agree SOLOS. Our defense will be the determining factor in that game. The Dirtpeckers like to sqwak about that oline and James' lil brother being so great , but he was completely stumped at the Roach last year ...and how many sacks/ tfl did we get in that game ? Hey Dylan ...want to see if you can do it to us twice ?

DB23

Keep calling him Otis, it'll catch on soon!!!***

Jul 16, 2014, 9:49 PM [ in reply to Re: +1. Agree on all points and the tide has turned....*** ]

Jul 16, 2014, 7:25 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Spurrier talks about beating Clemson at SEC media day ]

When is Clemson going to hire an adult to coach their football team rather than this thin skinned little street evangelist?

LMAO...

Jul 16, 2014, 8:01 PM

do you think sos acts like an adult?? He throws jabs around like a middle schooler. He is an adolescent bully to the nth degree. He is an attention w ####. He gets all pissy when someone gets one up on him and comes back with the middle school crap.

Spurrier is like the Little Johnny jokes

Jul 16, 2014, 12:13 PM

He stands in the back of the room wanting attention, and when he finally gets his chance he says something that he hopes will shock everyone. It's the ploy of a person who is childish by nature. He thinks the only way he can make SCAR look good is by trying to make others look bad.

He cannot point to SCAR's accomplishments, so he tries to tear others down.

Its the sign of a weakling

Re: Spurrier is like the Little Johnny jokes

Jul 16, 2014, 2:59 PM

except he's the guy with the mic, answering questions he's been asked, in front of the room.

Re: Spurrier is like the Little Johnny jokes

Jul 16, 2014, 7:32 PM [ in reply to Spurrier is like the Little Johnny jokes ]
It's ok Jack.jpg(177.2 K)

And your coach is mature????? Are you serious?

Jul 16, 2014, 3:10 PM

Spurrier always will be nothing but a JOKE!

Replies: 78
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic