Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Plyler's Blog: 1,000 Yards
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 2,115

Plyler's Blog: 1,000 Yards

Jul 8, 2014, 9:14 AM

1,000 Yards

1,000 Yards
For the second straight season Clemson is faced with replacing a 1,000-yard rusher on its offense.

Andre Ellington
flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Plyler's Blog: 1,000 Yards

Jul 8, 2014, 10:41 AM

Lots of good backs, but I wonder if it will come down to which one is a better blocking back. That was one of AE's biggest strengths and (if i recall correctly) one of Harper's biggest weaknesses.

I like Gallman and CJ Davidson

Jul 8, 2014, 11:36 AM

I've been letdown by Zac Brooks. When we signed him I thought he'd be the perfect weapon in Chad's offense. A guy who played WR/RB in high school and could do the same here in college. But it hasnt really panned out for him. He doesnt look fluid as a RB.

It always comes down to which backs have picked up the blocking schemes/assignments

Jul 8, 2014, 3:37 PM

I look for Gallman to end up being the feature back and fairly quickly.

As far as Dye, he's only a few months removed from a torn Achilles and we keep hearing about him being back midseason. He needs to sit the entire season. Achilles tears normally take around a year to come back from. We have been known to rush guys back and it's time for that to stop. Let the kid heal, come back and have two great years to give us

Re: It always comes down to which backs have picked up the blocking schemes/assignments

Jul 10, 2014, 10:57 AM

DJ Howard ... is the guy I am looking for to step up.... like the way he plays when healthy.... He and Brooks both should have the experience to play at full speed... CJ as well...

Even if Dye sits out the entire season He'll still have 3

Jul 11, 2014, 2:41 PM [ in reply to It always comes down to which backs have picked up the blocking schemes/assignments ]

years of eligibility. I'm still holding out hope he heals completely at some point and becomes a huge part of the backfield with Gallman and Choice.

Re: Plyler's Blog: 1,000 Yards

Jul 11, 2014, 3:11 PM

You know - I don't really see us having any of our RB's gain 1000 yards this season. The reason: We have several really good RB's, but not one that totally stands out from the crowd (maybe Gallman is the closest to that). So I see us shuffling several RB's in/out and each one being very productive with constant fresh legs. Maybe I'm wrong, but with Gallman, Howard, Brooks, and Davidson all getting touches, I don't see any single one gaining that 1000 yards. But - that being said - I think our overall RB group is going to surprise some people.

Replies: 6
| visibility 2,115
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic