Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Clemson ranked #4 most important Scar game
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 55
| visibility 1

FB Update: Clemson ranked #4 most important Scar game

Jul 6, 2014, 11:33 AM

Clemson ranked #4 most important Scar game

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FB Update: Clemson ranked #4 most important Scar game

Jul 6, 2014, 11:36 AM

Probably not going to win in Death Valley this season... Clemson is more than ready and better equipped than in previous years before. I think Clemson wins the next 8 in a row on them. Maybe even 9 or 10... It will be a glorious sight to see.

2024 free_orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Our country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any America because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race.

~Chesty Puller
Lt.General United States Marine Corps

based on what??

Jul 6, 2014, 11:56 AM

I have no clue how you can surmise that we are more ready. they have owned us, even when we clearly had the better team. I'm so sick of losing to these arses, especially the petulant, arrogant, pathetic Ole Ball Sack. If Dabo can't get over the hump soon with them, he needs to go. There is absolutely no rationale that can accept losing to them the way we have, for as long as we have, yet most on here will tell me I'm crazy, a coot, or whatever. Dabo needs to quit with the excuses, tell me how good we're gonna be and just win this freaking game.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgtbn_110.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: based on what??

Jul 6, 2014, 1:08 PM

Hey buddy...have you seen the countdown clock? I think Dabo realizes that beating the dirtpeckers is top priority and I think we get it done this year.

I hate the dumb countdown clock idea. Just makes it bigger

Jul 6, 2014, 1:46 PM

in everyone's mind that it actually is.

It is massively huge. We can try to pretend it isn't

Jul 6, 2014, 1:47 PM

but it is.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

qweshun...

Jul 6, 2014, 2:45 PM

if we go 11-1 with loss to USuX, do you think we still get a bid to the playoff (provided a W in the ACCCG).

Re: qweshun...

Jul 6, 2014, 8:35 PM

IF we lose the last game of the season at home to a team that most folks on here think will finish 8-4, we will not get a shot at the title game, regardless of our record.

Well, it would be unfair to assume the opinions of those

Jul 6, 2014, 9:34 PM

on t-net are by far the best standard to judge the quality of the shamecocks. Most of us prefer to see things through orange colored glasses...myself included.

But if USuCk is preseason 4th in the country, others outside of Clemson must think they have a little something special.

If USuCk finishes 10-2, 9-3, I think that is pretty respectable finish. I was thinking more along the lines of winning that extra game in December and being crowned the ACC champ could be enough to propel us into the discussion. Admittedly, I think other teams such as OSU, all of the SEC, and he likes of ND must finish with some bad loses for us to have a really good shot.

Re: qweshun...

Jul 6, 2014, 11:48 PM [ in reply to qweshun... ]

If we win the ACC and our only loss is to USuC, I think we definitely have a good shot at getting in. Unless, they have a horrible season. As long as they have another 9 or 10 win season, I think we're good. I hope we beat them regardless.

Yes ...

Jul 7, 2014, 9:06 AM [ in reply to qweshun... ]

Assuming FSU and Georgia don't fall off badly.

Re: I hate the dumb countdown clock idea. Just makes it bigger

Jul 6, 2014, 8:52 PM [ in reply to I hate the dumb countdown clock idea. Just makes it bigger ]

Uh hello....it is big!!! I guess you enjoy listening to the crowing!

Oh god its one of the fire everyone fans.

Jul 6, 2014, 1:47 PM [ in reply to based on what?? ]

So you're saying if we win every game except USuCk you think dabo should be fired? And ask a coot who they think is better prepared, people seem to forget USuCk lost the 2 players that meant the most to them on offense and they're defensive line lost the only players that kept it above mediocrity last year. If you truly think the coots are going to walk in to Death Valley and Dylan Thompson,the Dylan Thompson that couldn't score once against Missouri, is going to throw up points on our defense then please sell the ticket to a clemson fan with good eyesight. If you bring up mike davis then all you have to do is look at last year 15 for 22 yards I believe?

Re: Oh god its one of the fire everyone fans.

Jul 6, 2014, 2:43 PM

> So you're saying if we win every game except USuCk
> you think dabo should be fired? And ask a coot who
> they think is better prepared, people seem to forget
> USuCk lost the 2 players that meant the most to them
> on offense and they're defensive line lost the only
> players that kept it above mediocrity last year. If
> you truly think the coots are going to walk in to
> Death Valley and Dylan Thompson,the Dylan Thompson
> that couldn't score once against Missouri, is going
> to throw up points on our defense then please sell
> the ticket to a clemson fan with good eyesight. If
> you bring up mike davis then all you have to do is
> look at last year 15 for 22 yards I believe?

You are an idiot if you think any of that has any bearing what so ever on the game this year. You pick Dylan T's and Mike Davis worst game and predict off of that. You could just have easily used Thompsons game against us in death valley the year before and even with Davis only getting what he did, they still beat us.

It's going to be a game that can go either way and anyone who says differently is a fool.

Davis will be running against that same Dline that he

Jul 19, 2013, 10:28 PM

couldn't get jack #### from. Our secondary will be improved. You guys will want Slurrier fired come this November....

Why is your secondary going to be better?

Jul 6, 2014, 2:50 PM

I like our chances if you're forced to sell out to stop the run again.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

Mackensie Alexander.***

Jul 6, 2014, 2:52 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Even if we make an assumption he will be great

Jul 6, 2014, 2:55 PM

Which is a big assumption to make considering he has never played. How does that improve your secondary over last season?

At best he's just a replacement for breeland.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

We'll see.***

Jul 6, 2014, 3:03 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: Even if we make an assumption he will be great

Jul 6, 2014, 3:57 PM [ in reply to Even if we make an assumption he will be great ]

Because we return everyone else and you conversely lost your best receiver and qB?

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

They will not replace Shaw. The guy absolutely was the

Jul 7, 2014, 7:09 AM

difference in them being an average team with a very, very good record for the past three years.

Ha, our secondary was in transition after losing coach

Jul 6, 2014, 3:02 PM [ in reply to Why is your secondary going to be better? ]

Cheese, but now with Mack back healthy, Blanks playing his natural position, Kearse with a year under his belt (freakish athlete), and talented freshman like Adrian Baker and sophomores than have improved greatly like Tankersly and Wiggins.

This isn't 4 chan, you look like a dumbarse with all the >

Jul 6, 2014, 8:34 PM [ in reply to Re: Oh god its one of the fire everyone fans. ]

Implying . We shut down good running backs especially those you guys tend to think are world class it's just a fact go look at the history, Dylan Thompson was terrible last year and every USuCk fan I know would be the first to tell you that. Everything I said was true if only you would get your head out of your #### and actually read you would see how big of a moron you made yourself out to be. Go back to the public library get on the Internet and do your research then promptly come back here and leave a response. I normally don't converse with children but I'm going to make an exception for you.

Re: This isn't 4 chan, you look like a dumbarse with all the >

Jul 7, 2014, 6:13 AM

I'll take a stab at this one, but but my suggestion is you do your own research, especially on your earlier post. Your comment about Dylan not being able the "throw up points" seems a little odd since he already did that in tiger town and left your boys with their tails tucked between their legs.

No question you stopped Davis last year, your DC pretty much acknowledged that was his plan. Problem was you left Shaw free all night and he ate your lunch.

You kid yourself if you don't think we bring back a loaded offense, line is one of the SECs best, 2 maybe 3 key backs, 4 receivers that have started at one time or another. Corners will be a struggle at first, but every other position on defense is solid. And you can't say that Clowney was no good last year (as many on here do) but then in the same breath say we can't replace him.

All you can do is report to calling people names, pretty childish yourself. What you said is neither true nor accurate. See you in November and let's see how this turns out for you.

Re: This isn't 4 chan, you look like a dumbarse with all the >

Jul 7, 2014, 8:14 PM

With all research put to the side, I think you already know how this one is going to turn out. Its going to be a long ride back to trashlumbia!!!

Damnn right it is. We will provide hemorrhoidal donuts for

Jul 7, 2014, 10:24 PM

Dylan Thompson and mike davis to for the long bus ride back. They're going to need them.

Look at our defense then and look at it now, look at last

Jul 7, 2014, 8:32 PM [ in reply to Re: This isn't 4 chan, you look like a dumbarse with all the > ]

Year if you want. You're literally the only carolina fan who has even had the stones to bring that up. I truly hope the entire fanbase and football team especially thinks our defense is anywhere near the same level it was 2 years ago. That's the quickest way we will open that can of whoop ####.

Jul 7, 2014, 8:07 PM [ in reply to Re: Oh god its one of the fire everyone fans. ]

Oh God, its one of those cockkicker fans, again.

Jul 6, 2014, 7:22 PM [ in reply to Oh god its one of the fire everyone fans. ]

They don't have to do a lot when we give them six turnovers. Don' t kid yourselves they are a pretty good team.

Jul 6, 2014, 9:45 PM [ in reply to Oh god its one of the fire everyone fans. ]

Thats hilarious. Everyone knows this is scars most important. Always has been. Besides what else would you expect a scar source to say?? And they havent accomplished anything else.

Jul 7, 2014, 8:26 PM

Exactly, the only game they have put anything in their trophy case worth putting in there, is a Clemson helmet. That is for sure their most valued and appealing trophy they have had in years. Probably forever!!!!:)

Jul 6, 2014, 2:22 PM [ in reply to based on what?? ]

You sir, are a Crazy Coot! Or whatever! (See what I did there?)

Dabo Swinney

Jul 6, 2014, 3:11 PM [ in reply to based on what?? ]

I'm sure everyone feels your frustration. Lets just hope the team does as well.

But with Dabo, other than beating SC. What else could he have done? No one was more harder on Dabo in the early stages than me. But ya gotta believe he's getting this thing turned around.

Jul 6, 2014, 7:36 PM [ in reply to based on what?? ]

We fire Dabo and then what? Just forget everything else he's done too right? Just throw away his success because he didn't beat the coots? I agree it's a big game, I agree we shouldn't have lost 5 in a row, but I don't think Dabo is the problem when we turned the ball over 6 times and still had a chance to win until the 6th one. Solely on the players. Let's fire them after they become employees :)

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

we are all frustrated over the recent streak, but no need

Jul 7, 2014, 12:18 AM [ in reply to based on what?? ]

To call for dabo's head for losing to them. I deal with coots on a daily basis at work. I get flashed the five all the time. The rivalry has no doubt takin a turn us Clemson fans never thought would happen but I'm not going to blame dabo for it. Dabo has turned this program around and imo him losing to coots is the only thing that's getting us from calling him one of the best coaches at Clemson in a very long time. Dabo has been a head coach for what 6 years now? Steve has been around for 30 more yrs than dabo. Dabo will turn this rivalry back to what it use to be, we just have to be patient. If we can beat GA, LSU, Ohio st and auburn then we sure as hell can beat SC we've just obviously have had bad luck when playing them. I'm all in for dabo, beating SC and Fsu will take care of itself if we just keep doing the things we are doing

Re: we are all frustrated over the recent streak, but no need

Jul 7, 2014, 8:32 PM

And dats the truth!!! I love seeing Dabo lead our Clemson Tigers on the field. And a good leader he is.

Message was edited by: allorangeallthetime52®

Jul 6, 2014, 7:21 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Clemson ranked #4 most important Scar game ]

Man you are a serious nut case .Need help immediately.

Jul 6, 2014, 12:02 PM

That's a lie, its all about Clemson for them. No Conf titles or BCS Bowl wins, after all else fails Clemson is the only thing that matters to them. They can play that off all they want.

Jul 6, 2014, 8:26 PM

Wow! If Spurrier ever wins another NC or SEC 'ship while at SC, some of you guys would be bridge jumping into Hartwell, LOL! Speaking of obsession with your rival?

Jul 6, 2014, 8:30 PM

many of our so called fans have turned into the very same thing we used to make fun of the coots for. #### envy is a very ugly thing. if they beat us 100 times in a row they will get no credit from me.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 7, 2014, 8:58 AM

Well said. I have a card that went around, a few years ago, and it said "We do chicken right". We won 9 of 10 games in that 10 year period. They are an important game for the recruiting and the state prestige, but until lately the game meant very little to anybody outside the state of SC. I want us to win it to shut them up, but I wouldn't trade Dabo for the jerk they have for anything. We are getting so much done, and done the right way. They still are envious of what we have, and this is the only way they can feel better about it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^says the coot on a Clemson board...

Jul 6, 2014, 8:43 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Clemson ranked #4 most important Scar game ]

who has almost 2000 posts.

Jul 7, 2014, 9:30 AM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Clemson ranked #4 most important Scar game ]

Bridge jumping into Hartwell? You know that wouldn't kill anyone right? It would just cool someone off on a hot day. I think you meant jumping off of highway overpasses or something.

Jul 7, 2014, 9:31 AM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Clemson ranked #4 most important Scar game ]

"Speaking of obsession with your rival" and yet who is the Coot on a Tiger message board? Pot, meet kettle….

I agree it is not their most important game. But it is ours.

Jul 6, 2014, 1:19 PM

I could care less if we win 7 or 8 games, as long as one of them is the coots.

Pretty soon this is going to become an Army-Navy thing. We cannot let that happen.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

FSU is our most important game this year. Again.***

Jul 6, 2014, 2:51 PM

Re: FSU is our most important game this year. Again.***

Jul 7, 2014, 9:00 AM

Absolutely!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lose to the coots or go to the play off? I say the only way

Jul 6, 2014, 3:06 PM [ in reply to I agree it is not their most important game. But it is ours. ]

we can make it to the playoff and still lose to the coots is beat FSU to win our division and win the ACCCG. That makes FSU our most important game. Heck, we can still make it with a loss to UGA (but a win against the coots)...

But to simplify things, I say we win them all...

Re: Lose to the coots or go to the play off? I say the only way

Jul 6, 2014, 3:59 PM

Doubt we make the playoff with 2 losses.

Particularly if one is in the 12th game.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

No I agree, that's exactly what I'm saying...

Jul 6, 2014, 4:51 PM

Unless FSU just falls off the radar (doubtful), they are the team to beat to get us that extra win that can prove helpful in making the playoff.

Win against FSU, and a loss to either USuX or UGA, and I say we get in...but NOT with a loss to 2/3 of those teams...

The CU / Scar game is so overrated and annoying. Long before

Jul 6, 2014, 1:40 PM

their recent little streak, I started to lose interest in it. Even when we are dominating the series. It's always overhyped by in-state fans, the behavior of some of the fans gets more obnoxious every year, it has had no relevance to conference championships and rarely to national championships, and I hear the same crowing about it every year.

I actually have enjoyed our games against Auburn, Florida State, UGA, Texas A&M, etc, more.

Re: The CU / Scar game is so overrated and annoying. Long before

Jul 6, 2014, 2:24 PM

It was big last year. We kind of squeaked into the orange bowl if you'll remember. We would have been a lock, and a much more deserving participant in public eyes, if we had beaten Sakerlina. As much as we all hate it, Sakerlina is a good team and an opportunity for a quality win on our schedule.

Jul 7, 2014, 9:02 AM [ in reply to The CU / Scar game is so overrated and annoying. Long before ]

Absolutely right. Some seem so fixated on it, it's all they can see. Sad, really.

Jul 7, 2014, 9:47 AM [ in reply to The CU / Scar game is so overrated and annoying. Long before ]

DO NOT AGREE!!!!!!!!!!! in fact we place far too little emphasis on this game! it is far and away our most important game EVERY YEAR!!when we lose to FSU that is about the end of it; when we lose to the dirty cheating c$$ts I have to hear about it DAILY from their stupid fans and the SEC promotion machine that is ESPN!!NO OTHER GAME is even close. IMHO this is part of the reason that they have dominated us for the last 5 years

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We will beat SCar this year if

Jul 6, 2014, 4:46 PM

We execute our plays the way they should be ran and we play loose we will win, but if we play hesitant and uptight like last year I don't see us winning this year, it all depends on which Clemson team shows up in the Valley this year.

Jul 7, 2014, 9:28 AM

They're kidding themselves. If South Carolina loses this year they will have nothing to hang over Clemson's head anymore. South Carolina fans like to root against Clemson more than they like to root for their own team.

Replies: 55
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic