0 chatters in TigerActive Chat   Go!  
Front Page » TigerNet Forums » Archives » Tiger Board Archive

Topic: New Story: ACC lookahead: North Carolina
Replies: 17   Last Post: Jul 12, 2014 10:09 AM by: WhoDatTiger®
This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.

[ Archives - Tiger Board Archive ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 17   Pages: 1  

New Story: ACC lookahead: North Carolina

Posted: Jul 6, 2014 12:36 PM

ACC lookahead: North Carolina

The second game on Clemson's ACC schedule is a late September matchup with North Carolina, a team that many consider to be a surprise contender in 2014. Photo by Jeremy Brevard / US PRESSWIRE Full Story »

Re: New Story: ACC lookahead: North Carolina

Posted: Jul 6, 2014 12:56 PM

2011, not 2012.

Posted: Jul 6, 2014 1:09 PM

Ok, so looks like another inflated reputation for a team that has yet to prove anything. They selected Clemson to lose to UNC in 2012.... It is over once we take the field. OVER!

Our country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any America because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race.

~Chesty Puller
Lt.General United States Marine Corps

They're gonna be pretty good this year

Posted: Jul 6, 2014 1:22 PM

Guessing them, Duke, and Miami will battle it out for the top spot in the Coastal. I can't see VT's offense improving enough to win more than 8 games, although their defense will be good enough to keep them in a lot of games.

If everyone keeps calling UNC the "surprise contender," then

Posted: Jul 6, 2014 1:45 PM

doesn't that mean it's not a surprise if they do well?

It seems like an annual ritual to proclaim unc a "contender"

Posted: Jul 6, 2014 3:04 PM

and to be much improved. But every year, they struggle to fulfill a standing invite to the Belk Bowl....and this year's tarhole squad seems less talented than in recent years past. Plus, they have a small distraction on campus again (NCAA investigators) Plus they may actually have to be attending classes to stay eligible--a backlash of the horrific academic fraud claims voiced by media, politicians and taxpayers across the state.

unc MAY be improved, but I'll wait to see it in person before agreeing.....and their early schedule won't help their claim of legitimacy much either.

Them and Miami every year***

Posted: Jul 6, 2014 5:09 PM

Posted: Jul 6, 2014 3:18 PM

Surprise contender last 3 years, but have yet to step up. I agree with the other posts. To many distractions on campus with NCAA and academic eligibility. No firm starter at multiple positions, including QB. Their team is young and I'll believe it when I see it.

Looks like the tarholes may be able to put

Posted: Jul 6, 2014 7:19 PM

all of their focus on Clemson during fall practice and the first month of the season with that weak early out-of-conference schedule.

"Gamecocks aren’t ready to take college football by storm just yet. They’re not even ready to compete in their own state – Clemson will still own the territory. Gamecocks fans would be smart to keep their heads buried until that time. Avoid talking trash to a much better Clemson program.” -Dustin Tackett

Re: Looks like the tarholes may be able to put

Posted: Jul 7, 2014 9:37 AM

Good luck with that focus. They could focus a year and get beat by the teams we have now.

Come and get me when they've actually played someone outta conf,

Posted: Jul 7, 2014 12:52 PM

And done it on a consistent basis

Posted: Jul 7, 2014 1:05 PM

UNC can focus all they want on Clemson. It won't help because we are more talented and just way better. They are not in our class.

Posted: Jul 7, 2014 1:09 PM

They lost by 24 to ECU last year I doubt they will take them lightly

ECU beat them last year

Posted: Jul 7, 2014 2:40 PM

That game has to mean a lot to them early on

Feel sorry for the smurfs

Posted: Jul 7, 2014 1:03 PM

They'll face a 3-0 or 2-1 Clemson team. 3-0 means a top 5 team who will keep rolling or 2-1 means a team that got beat by FSU and is looking for revenge. (In case you can't tell i don't see a loss to UGA).

Either way, bring on these African American Studies majoring, cheating SOB's.

Re: Feel sorry for the smurfs

Posted: Jul 11, 2014 10:28 PM

Qb advantage cu rb even te cu ol even wr even dl huge advantage cu lb advantage cu dbs even.Goodguys 38 goats/tar holes really dislike those guys 17

Re: Feel sorry for the smurfs

Posted: Jul 11, 2014 10:29 PM

Wish we could have got Elijah Hood!7

Probation...the only word that will matter to them soon.*

Posted: Jul 12, 2014 10:09 AM

nm

Replies: 17   Pages: 1  

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: 2017 Season Tickets
FOR SALE: I'm selling my 1 2017 Season Ticket in the Lower Deck, West End-zone. Asking $1200 or best reasonabl...

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

[ Archives - Tiger Board Archive ]
Start New Topic
2256 people have read this post