Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Clemson schedule ranked #7th toughest in the nation
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

FB Update: Clemson schedule ranked #7th toughest in the nation

Jul 1, 2014, 10:19 AM

Clemson schedule ranked #7th toughest in the nation

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FB Update: Clemson schedule ranked #7th toughest in the nation

Jul 1, 2014, 12:24 PM

If there is no undefeated, or only one undefeated team. Do we still have a shot at the play off games if our only loss was to FSU. What do you say?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It all depends on how the other teams fare, but with our

Jul 1, 2014, 12:39 PM

strength of schedule this year, finishing with only one loss to FSU (if they are undefeated) should get us in that #4 or #5 range. Especially if we beat a highly ranked USuC team at the end of the year.

Wouldn't count on USUC being ranked high at end of year***

Jul 1, 2014, 3:55 PM

Jul 1, 2014, 12:41 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Clemson schedule ranked #7th toughest in the nation ]

So, if we're 11-1 with only loss to Fl State. Would depend somewhat on what Ga and USUC did with the rest of their schedule.
I'll make the odds in Vegas an even bet we'd make playoffs using your example. 50/50 or better we'd make the playoffs.

Jul 1, 2014, 1:54 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Clemson schedule ranked #7th toughest in the nation ]

A one loss Clemson with a loss to one loss FSU will not get to the playoff unless UGa or USC win the SEC and we had beaten them both.
I think a one loss team will have to have at least 1 victory over a top 10 team or win their conference title or both.

Jul 28, 2021, 10:20 AM

Ummmm...if we have only 1 loss I think that would mean that we beat UofSC and and Georgia.

This is the toughest Clemson schedule I can remember

Jul 1, 2014, 12:37 PM

in quite some time. UGA, UL, UNC, FSU, USuC are all high quality teams. Then we still have BC and @GT. ATL has been a house of horrors for the Tigers.

Re: This is the toughest Clemson schedule I can remember

Jul 1, 2014, 1:56 PM

UNC is over rated.... they are rebuilding OL and DL!

I think it's 7 plus 14 sec teams so actually 21st toughest***

Jul 1, 2014, 1:15 PM

Proof of the SEC being over hyped right here !

Jul 1, 2014, 1:33 PM

The conference as a whole gets more attention than it deserves. Kudos to Bama, UF and Auburn for the MNC's, but the others have not done any more than the rest of college football. Don't let money being flashed by the eSECpn pimps cloud your judgement.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Proof of the SEC being over hyped right here !

Jul 1, 2014, 3:34 PM

Please allow me to disagree with your assessment of the SEC being void of any really good teams other than LSU, Auburn or Alabama. South Carolina comes to mind. The only team in America last year to whip three top 10 teams. Three years in a row 11-2. Two Capital One and an Outback Bowl Championship in the last three years. Longest home winning streak in the nation. Defeated Clemson five years in a row by double digits. (How can a Tiger put them down?) Ranked a top 10 caliber team and picked to win SEC East by five out of six polls. Making false statements about your rival only make you look worse.

The East is Down. Tennessee and Florida are traditional

Jul 1, 2014, 3:50 PM

powers there and there lack of strength the last several years has allowed UGA and USuC to go to the top of that division.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

lol @ Capital One/Outback bragging

Jul 1, 2014, 3:58 PM [ in reply to Re: Proof of the SEC being over hyped right here ! ]

How many BCS appearances? How many BCS wins? How many conference championships.

Here's a better summary:

"The only top 15 team in American to accomplish nothing other than being ranked."

ALSO the ONLY program in the SEC to ever go

Jul 1, 2014, 4:00 PM

0-21!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 1, 2014, 4:24 PM [ in reply to Re: Proof of the SEC being over hyped right here ! ]

You're still wrong.

Jul 1, 2014, 6:37 PM [ in reply to Re: Proof of the SEC being over hyped right here ! ]

Just how the FK do you think it makes you look coming on your rivals board defending a bunch of cockrosters licking their owncocks. Yep, you're right, it makes you look like a hard core cocklicker.

Manafold I saw this the other day and thought of U!!

Jul 1, 2014, 11:39 PM [ in reply to Re: Proof of the SEC being over hyped right here ! ]

THIS IS SOUTH CAROLINA FOOTBALL

Following the 2011 football season South Carolina has an all-time winning percentage of .507 (555-539-44), which ranks 47th out of all college football teams considered major schools in college football (76)….only 29 teams are worse. A few of the notable “MAJOR” football programs who have been better than the Gamecocks include such powerhouses as: Tulsa, Utah, Minnesota, Navy, and Purdue, just to name a few. This is South Carolina football.

In the 69 seasons South Carolina has been affiliated with a conference, they have won that conference once...the ACC in 1969, with a 7-4 record. Since the Associated Press began ranking football teams in 1936, the ##### have finished in the Top 20 of the rankings only six times in those 77 years. South Carolina has finished in the Top 10 of a major recognized poll...ONCE in 2011, the best season in their entire history with 11 wins. That year the entire team received rings for going 11-2 and for finishing a tough, hard fought 5th place in the SEC. As they say in tee ball, everyone is a winner. This is South Carolina football.

The first year of Gamecock football was in 1892, South Carolina won its first bowl game 103 years later under BRAD SCOTT. In 120 seasons of football, South Carolina never participated in a pre-BCS major bowl (Rose, Fiesta, Orange, Cotton, and Sugar) and has yet to receive a BCS invite. As South Carolina is set to begin its 121st season of collegiate football, they have won 11 or more games in a single season once. In 120 seasons, Carolina has won more games than it lost only 56 times. In 120 seasons, Carolina has won more than 6 games in a season 23 times, and lost 6 or more 38 times. This is South Carolina football.

South Carolina has had 33 different head coaches in its storied tradition...only six of them have stayed longer than 5 seasons, while 21 of them have losing records. “It’s another Carolina Touchdown!?”…not quite. Of the 56 programs, which have played more than 1000 games all-time, only four have scored fewer points than South Carolina in their schools history. This is South Carolina football.

Since joining the SEC in 1992, Carolina has had a winning record in the conference five times in 20 years. In the 21 seasons as a member of the SEC, South Carolina boasts a conference record of 66-94-1. Although South Carolina has yet to win the SEC, they have finished 0-8 in the conference twice. South Carolina has won six conference games in a season once. Only Kentucky, Ole Miss, and Vanderbilt have less 6 conference win seasons. This is South Carolina football.

Of the most memorable moments in their history is the fact that South Carolina went two consecutive seasons without winning one conference game. That’s right, not one. Carolina had an impressive string of 21 consecutive games with a loss snapped in 2000 by beating New Mexico State (and to let the rest of the country know what South Carolina football was all about, their fans commenced to tear down the goal-posts. No, I am not kidding). This is South Carolina football.

Since 1992, only three times has any non-probation member of the conference failed to win two or more games overall in a season…South Carolina has accomplished this feat twice, Kentucky once. Since 1992, only once has a conference member failed to win a game overall in a single season…you guessed it, South Carolina. South Carolina’s all-time record versus other current conference members is even more impressive: 3-12 vs Alabama, 7-13 vs Arkansas, 1-9-1 vs Auburn, 6-23-3 vs Florida, 15-42-2 vs Georgia, 15-7-1 vs Kentucky, 2-16-1 vs LSU, 7-8 vs Ole Miss, 8-6 vs Mississippi St., 6-22-2 vs Tennessee, and 17-4 vs Vanderbilt. That’s correct, Carolina leads the all-time series against 3 SEC teams...Kentucky, Miss St. and Vanderbilt. This is South Carolina football.

But, the comparison of only 21 seasons in one conference does no justice to the tradition of South Carolina football. Comparing the ##### record versus D-1A schools they have played 15 or more times: 40-65-4 vs Clemson, 17-24-3 vs Duke, 6-23-3 vs Florida, 15-42-2 vs Georgia, 9-11 vs Georgia Tech, 11-17 vs Maryland, 17-32-4 vs North Carolina, 3-16 vs Florida State, 6-22-2 vs Tennessee, 21-12-1 vs Virginia, and 34-20-2 vs Wake Forest. That’s correct, South Carolina leads the all-time series against 2 of these 11 teams...Virginia and Wake Forest. This is South Carolina football.

Gamecock fans justify their horrible football record thru the strength of the SEC conference. But let’s look at the Gamecock’s record against the other big 5 conferences. South Carolina is 156-173-15 vs the ACC, 4-7 vs the Big 12, 6-17 vs the Big East, 5-4 vs the Big Ten and 1-1 s Pac12. This is South Carolina Football.

LOL at Coot football 1892 to 2009.

You can run but you can't hide from what you really are.

Pitchfork Ben is a-comin'!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Jul 1, 2014, 6:29 PM

When I was taking my Rott to the vet today, I was listening to coot radio. That Pete Roussel guy that says we could play for the NC this year was on their. He was on b/c the coots invited him to explain how he come up with Clemson playing in the big game. He says that he was at our spring game, and that he liked what he saw in Cole. Plus he said that Cole wouldn't have the turn overs that Tajh had. And that we had NFL talent across the D line with NFL talent in other positions. He thinks that we beat UGA and FSU on the road, plus usuc in DV. He has Clemson as a #1 seed, and FSU a #4 seed in the play off. And he believes we beat FSU in the play off also. This is the same Pete Roussel that picked Bama and Baylor to play for the NC last year, and both of those teams ended up with one loss. And he stands firm that Clemson could be in the NC game with just a little luck. He believes that we have the talent to get us there. We'll see!!! Personally I see us 11/1 with our only loss to FSU. I hope I'm wrong and that Pete Roussel at 24/7 has us nailed!!!

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic