Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Can Clemson win 11 games in 2014?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

New Story: Can Clemson win 11 games in 2014?

Jun 29, 2014, 1:03 PM

Can Clemson win 11 games in 2014?

The Clemson program has won 11 games in back-to-back seasons for the first time in school history after fashioning identical 11-2 records in 2012 and 2013. Can they do it again and earn another Orange Bowl berth? Or take the next step? Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

#ALLIN*******

Jun 29, 2014, 1:17 PM

Re: New Story: Can Clemson win 11 games in 2014?

Jun 29, 2014, 1:35 PM

I know this is the "best case scenario" version of the upcoming season, but it also feels like a real account of how the season will play out. Best case is a trip to the playoffs.

Also, is Steward the all American talent or is it Anthony? I know Steward was a five star and has been held back by injuries, but is he expected to have that kind of impact? If so, him and Anthony would give us one of the best linebacker duos in the country.

In Short (pt ll)

Jun 29, 2014, 1:50 PM

Yes!

But I can't see that happening if they don't pull off
the shocker to start the season.

I'm not saying we can't have a good season if we lose
to Georgia. But it would be quite difficult losing that
1st game.( to win 11 games again)

#proofread #phrasing

Jun 29, 2014, 2:00 PM

"Clemson has had 11 wins or more in a season just five times in the school’s history – the 1948 team under Frank Howard went 11-0 and won the Gator Bowl by beating Missouri; Charley Pell (10) and Danny Ford (1) combined to win 11 games in 1978 as Clemson defeated Ohio St. in the Gator Bowl; Ford’s 1981 team went 12-0 and won the national championship"

In the very next paragraph:
"Clemson didn’t register its first 10-win season until 1987 when Ford’s squad went 10-2, setting off a string of four consecutive 10-2 seasons."

So before we had our first 10 win season, we had two 11 win seasons and a 12 win season? Unless Mr. Hood is counting seasons with exactly 10 wins... but does that really matter if we had had three seasons prior that had already surpassed exactly 10 wins?

That's right up there with those "first time playing in the Orange Bowl since 2012" stats. What's the point?

I'm big on tony steward but the way that sentence reads

Jun 29, 2014, 7:57 PM

About the great front four and all American caliber lb and young secondary looks like you meant Anthony not steward, was it a typo?

IMHO comes down to Stoudt, OL, DB & RB's

Jun 29, 2014, 8:07 PM

Stoudt may surprise all ...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: IMHO comes down to Stoudt, OL, DB & RB's

Jun 29, 2014, 10:50 PM

Yes its Possible but gotta win that first.

Re: IMHO comes down to Stoudt, OL, DB & RB's

Jun 29, 2014, 11:15 PM

The DEFENSE will keep us in all the ballgames.

Jun 29, 2014, 11:13 PM

YES! Defense wins ballgames, Offense makes you look good.
This year defense should deserve to carry the titles "MONSTERS OF THE MIDWAY" and the revived double (DD)Two Deep "ORANGE CRUSH". Can't wait to see this defense in action. The term "Pick Your Poison" have translated to the defense side of the ball as well.

Jun 30, 2014, 11:12 AM

Entirely possible. Defense looks to be strong, but offense could be suspect in several positions. Running back by committee will not work all season. Several holes on O line and receiver corps will need to be worked on to accomplish another 11 win season.

Does the schedule really scare you beyond UGA, FSU, and USC?

Jun 30, 2014, 2:46 PM

That really should read:

"Does the schedule really scare you? Beyond UGA ..."

Because hell no I'm not scared of UGA, USC or anybody else on are schedule. I actually favor us vs USC this year and I think the UGA is a push. I count us an underdog @FSU but I'm not scared. FSU may or may not go 15-0. But the preseason favorite rarely goes wire to wire. Actually I'm pretty sure the only time 'Bama has won the national champ. is in the years they weren't the preseason favorite. And were as good as any opponent FSU will face.

I hope the players think more of themselves than these writers.

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic