Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: ESPN Poll: Will Clemson win 10 games in 2014?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 29
| visibility 5,115

FB Update: ESPN Poll: Will Clemson win 10 games in 2014?

Jun 26, 2014, 2:23 PM

ESPN Poll: Can Clemson win 10 games in 2014?

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Of course we can. We are going to have to beat at

Jun 26, 2014, 2:27 PM

least a couple of good teams to do it, but it's not like that's impossible.

"Will Clemson win 10 games in 2014" would've been a better question.

Now the title has been edited :)

Jun 26, 2014, 2:35 PM

I think the ESPN article was titled "can" instead of "will" too which is what i was really referring to.

Honestly, I expect a 9-3 regular season***

Jun 26, 2014, 2:27 PM

Re: Honestly, I expect a 9-3 regular season***

Jun 26, 2014, 4:43 PM

I will take 9-3 and a victory over the Coots all day long!!!!

Re: Honestly, I expect a 9-3 regular season***

Jun 26, 2014, 5:05 PM

I would take 10/2 with a win over the coots!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bet?***

Jun 26, 2014, 2:41 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FB Update: ESPN Poll: Will Clemson win 10 games in 2014?

Jun 26, 2014, 2:42 PM

YES at LEAST 10 wins. More like 12 wins. Maybe 15.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think w def could end up with 10

Jun 26, 2014, 3:10 PM

However, considering all the inexperience at key positions on offense, I don't think it's likely. If I was betting money on it, I'd go with a 9-3 regular season. We have little to no experience at all the offensive skill positions. Personally, I see this season as the precursor to the 2015 & 2016 seasons. Our recruiting is good enough now to where we don't have to rebuild, but I do see us taking a small step back this season. Having said that, would I be surprised if we ended up 10-2 on the regular season? Nope. We have two of, if not the 2 best coordinators in the college game gameplanning. Hopefully the inexperience on offense won't hinder us at all, but I don't see how it doesn't, at least the first few games.

Clemson is probably as experienced in the front-7 2-deep

Jun 26, 2014, 4:50 PM

on D as anybody in the country. The spinmeisters have conveniently forgotten the old adage of "D wins championships" and have projected everything based on the O player losses. We will be fine on BOTH sides of the ball...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think 11 wins is exactly what we'll get, and here's why...

Jun 26, 2014, 3:19 PM

Our defense.

Might not beat Georgia AND Florida State, but my money would be that we squeeze by in one of them. And the coot losing streak ends this year, too.

11 wins. Book it. Probably another Orange appearance, depending on that selection committee, etc.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Because at the end of the game, everyone knew that they weren’t that much better than us or better than us at all."

And don't call me crazy

Jun 26, 2014, 3:24 PM

(Well, at least not for this)

Our defense will overwhelm everyone else on the schedule.

"Because at the end of the game, everyone knew that they weren’t that much better than us or better than us at all."

Re: I think 11 wins is exactly what we'll get, and here's why...

Jun 26, 2014, 3:28 PM [ in reply to I think 11 wins is exactly what we'll get, and here's why... ]

I think we actually have an outside chance to beat UGa, but FSU (away) is not likely, but I'll take an upset any day. We simply cannot lose to a team like Ga. Tech (away) to have the opportunity for a ten win campaign. Clemson really must focus upon each game individually to complete a successful transitional season in a sense. Beating USC is a must! Obviously another bowl win would complete the task as well.

Go Tigers!

Agreed, but

Jun 26, 2014, 3:31 PM

I think what sets this year apart is the defense will be good enough to make up for any growing pains from the offense. I think we'll be able to win a lot of games scoring less than 30 points if needed. Just my opinion.

10 Wins And Competitive As Ever To Win All 12 ----

Jun 26, 2014, 3:27 PM

Thats just what I expect

In Short

Jun 26, 2014, 3:28 PM

if the Tigers win the 1st game, vs GA.

Yes, we should win 10 games in 2014, no doubt.
But, should they lose to the Dawgs in week 1. 10
games will be tough.

IMO.

So Coots are SEC HEAVYWEIGHTS now? Really?***

Jun 26, 2014, 3:30 PM

I mean, duh...

Jun 26, 2014, 3:34 PM

They just won the CWS.

Don't you follow sports?

Coots have not become SEC Heavyweights, it's just........

Jun 26, 2014, 3:54 PM [ in reply to So Coots are SEC HEAVYWEIGHTS now? Really?*** ]

that Tennessee, Florida, Vanderbilt and Kentucky have all become Featherweights. Put the coots in the SEC west and they would lose at least 5 games this year.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Every year any year.

Jun 26, 2014, 4:50 PM

But, common belief is that they've got our number.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Every year any year.

Jun 26, 2014, 7:26 PM

Last Time I checked SC lost a whole lot on there roster too. I think losing Clowney to the NFL hurt SC worse than Sammy Leaving Clemson. I feel firmly that we have plenty of Experience and WR and tons of new studs too. Our line remains intact and our NEW QB has tons of experience. Our RBs have all played in games...so to say we lost too much is kind of incorrect. They mean there is too much unproven talent to sat 10+ wins....I feel that South Carolina is playing for the first time without Lattiermore, Clowney,A Sanders,That receiver that's in Chicago, & that bald QB guy....those guys are gone that contributed to the Clemson Losing streak. Honestly, It's Spurrier throwing all his cards on the table and changing his whole playbook and everything to win one game. That's what I have witnessed

Re: So Coots are SEC HEAVYWEIGHTS now? Really?***

Jun 26, 2014, 4:49 PM [ in reply to So Coots are SEC HEAVYWEIGHTS now? Really?*** ]

Everybody in the SEC is an SEC heavy weight. HTH in advance

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

how the frick is Clemson a team in transition and usuc

Jun 26, 2014, 3:39 PM

isn't????

These DA's drive me crazy.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

Jun 26, 2014, 3:39 PM

Its going to be tough because we got nc,louisville,fsu,georgia, and them #### coots but I think we'll win 10 games. Its gonna be hell but we'll do it.

Jun 26, 2014, 4:38 PM

No doubt in my mind, The Tigers win 10. The roll starts this year. A lot of people are going to be surprised by Clemson.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 26, 2014, 4:48 PM

That writer did his best to be kind and honest. The truth is that I believe we will be really good on both offense and defense with either of our QBs but I understand the doubt.

It seems folks are giving us a little credit instead of expecting us to disappoint.

I honestly think the Tigers have a chance to be

Jun 26, 2014, 5:22 PM

an overall improved team, so absolutely they can an will win 10. The defense WILL be good and I believe Cole may eliminate some mental errors on offense. Losing Sammy will hurt, but we still have quite a stable of WR's. I can't wait to see the 2014 Tigers take the field!

Think the game in Athens will determine how things go...

Jun 26, 2014, 11:24 PM

If we win at UGA and the new guys in the offense start clicking, I think we at least hit the 10 win mark in the regular season. Hopefully Dabo & Co. will get the new guys on offense ready for the bright lights sooner rather than later and this defense will live up to the billing so we can keep the 10 win streak intact.

Honestly, I love that everyone outside of the Clemson family is sleeping on us. Our guys seem to do better in seasons that the 'experts' have us as underdogs.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

time to comment....

Jun 27, 2014, 2:24 AM

Hmm.... will clemson win 10 games this year?... I say YES!!!!!!!!!!!!.. the last time I check there were 11 players on offense and defense,and 2 players(ala TB and SW) don't make a team. Will we miss boyd and watkins? Yes.(I won't particularly miss TB's sometimes odd decision making) there will never be another sammy watkins to walk this campus,but I think we will have the best WR corps in the nation. I don't know they got the''no experience'' in WR position when mike williams played plenty this past year as a true freshman(some thought he was better than MB) and don't forget the dorman duo of peake and humphries and G-Hop made strides as a RS freshman. Don't forget about our D.. as I stated in a post not too far back turnipseed says this 2014 D reminds him of the championship defenses he witnessed @ ALA before arriving at clemson years ago. If that doesn't 10 plus wins I don't what will...........

P.S. if any so called clemson fan thinks less than that then go and start rooting for the yardpeckers!!!

GO TIGERS

SPOT THE D*MN BALL

BEAT THE PUPPIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It should read Will Clemson win 10+ games. It wouldn't

Jun 27, 2014, 9:19 AM

surprise me for us to win 11 including the bowl game. UGA has a lot of new pieces both USC/UGA and UL are breaking in new qb's and UL and USC are at home. We 2 deep.

As an example Tenn. won the national championship the year AFTER Peyton Manning graduated.

Replies: 29
| visibility 5,115
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic