Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Another Dawkins could play in Clemson's secondary
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

New Story: Another Dawkins could play in Clemson's secondary

Jun 16, 2014, 11:39 PM

Another Dawkins could play in Clemson's secondary

Former Clemson and NFL All Pro defensive back Brian Dawkins was a constant presence at Dabo Swinney's high school camp last week; however, it was his son that caught the eye of Swinney, who extended an offer on Sunday. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He should take this offer and RUN.***

Jun 16, 2014, 11:50 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

it back for a pick six!***

Jun 17, 2014, 10:16 AM

Would love to see Dawkins Jr. at Clemson.

Jun 17, 2014, 12:10 AM

He may not be the biggest kid, but he has above average speed, and great instincts and technique. I could see him being a better version of Martin Jenkins guarding the slot receivers here at CU.

Re: Would love to see Dawkins Jr. at Clemson.

Jun 17, 2014, 7:32 AM

????;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hopefully he still has some growing to do

Jun 17, 2014, 9:34 AM [ in reply to Would love to see Dawkins Jr. at Clemson. ]

at 5'8 (or 5'7 as I've seen everywhere else) he's probably too small for D1 ball, but if he has another growth spurt in him and can get to 5'10 or taller then he has some pretty good potential.

Yeah. He might be a good nickelback when we play

Jun 17, 2014, 9:58 AM [ in reply to Would love to see Dawkins Jr. at Clemson. ]

teams like SC State or to give some relief in bigger games when we've got things under control. I can't see him being a primary back especially against teams with good height.

lamarcus joyner says hi***

Jun 17, 2014, 12:25 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

Oh please, this is another Davis twins situation and with

Jun 17, 2014, 10:01 AM [ in reply to Would love to see Dawkins Jr. at Clemson. ]

How tight numbers are we really need to stop this. It seems this stuff is getting worse and now everyone with a legacy will start to expect favors. The situation needs to be corrected, and soon.

Re: Oh please, this is another Davis twins situation and with

Jun 17, 2014, 11:33 AM

The Davis twins....oh man......average at the best.

Jun 17, 2014, 7:39 PM [ in reply to Oh please, this is another Davis twins situation and with ]

Seriously find something else to do if you're going to bash our legacies and our recruiting, Ridiculous.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jstone D329 - “ It’s ok to want a coaching change”
Brownell @Clemson: 8 seasons ranked 50th or worse by Sports Reference’s SRS
1-29: Brad Brownell road record against ranked ACC opponents
142, 161, 294, 307, 293, 166, 225, 180, 260, 164, 141, 72, 68 - assist rankings amongst all D1 programs during Brownell's tenure

Jun 18, 2014, 12:15 PM [ in reply to Oh please, this is another Davis twins situation and with ]

I agree. I doubt that he would grow 3" in the next year. It would be a long shot for him to ever have meaningful playing time. Hopefully his dad will steer him to a program like Wofford, or the Citadel where he's got a much better chance of starting or at least get a lot of quality playing time. I would hate to miss out on someone who would who could add depth to the D-line and be a starter in 1 or 2 yrs.

I am more optimistic that one or both of the Davis twins will contribute. Their size isn't as much of an issue.

Re: New Story: Another Dawkins could play in Clemson's secondary

Jun 17, 2014, 3:00 AM

Dabo's got a good eye for talent. Dawkin's Jr has probably one of the best coaches around ( his dad ). Probably a good Fathers Day present to have your son offered by Coach Sweeney!

It would be great to see another Dawkins wearing the

Jun 17, 2014, 11:12 AM

Clemson orange. Dabo and staff have a special eye for talent before everyone else sees it.

Spitting Image***

Jun 17, 2014, 10:04 AM

This concerns me

Jun 17, 2014, 10:22 AM

I have no problem with coach offering kids of former players who have served Clemson well. I think it's nice and encourages former players to come back to Clemson and help further the brand. It's a great idea and it's the right thing to do. And with Brian Dawkins sr. Helping out so much , it's a no brainer . But....

The part that bugs me is that the kid didn't accept the offer when he has no other offers. I guess maybe it shouldn't because everyone is entitled to their own considerations and making sure it's what they want but doesn't it seem a tad ungrateful? Maybe I'm wrong here and I'm looking at this incorrectly but shouldn't he have accepted and if he changed his mind then that's ok. But getting the offering and then saying thanks but I don't know if I want to be here after Clemson extended an offer to a kid who might not be their first choice.... Doesn't that seems little like ungrateful arrogance? I don't know. Maybe this shouldn't be a thing and I'm being silly but it sure bugged me.

I just feel like Dabo was being terrific in offering the kid and it would have been nice for the kid to seem more appreciative. Just my opinion.

Re: This concerns me

Jun 17, 2014, 10:54 AM

The kid wants to see if any other offers come. He knows that Clemson might be the best, but no one wants to come off as desperate. His father is B. Dawk, I doubt that this kid is arrogant. Also, I have no problem giving some schollies to sons of former players. At this point, we all should have learned to let Dabo do what he does and just trust.

Jun 17, 2014, 11:43 AM

Like the man said____ WE should know by now, to **TRUST*** Dabo & coaching staff on doing what they do best and are paid to do !!!!___take a look at the next class of recruits, if in doubt ???? (not all on the radar or 5 stars ) !!!!!!_________Go Tigers !!!!

Jun 17, 2014, 10:58 AM [ in reply to This concerns me ]

maybe this was an offer to say he had an offer to go to clemson. maybe the kid knows if he is good enough to play at clemson. maybe there are other things to the offer than meets the eye. maybe.

Jun 17, 2014, 11:59 AM

I think that Dawk Jr, is Dawk Sr only son. Just assuming Dawk Jr becomes a Tiger, hopefully Dawk Sr will lend a helping hand with working with our DBs when he is in Clemson visiting Jr. This could be a good thing for Jr, Sr, and Clemson in more ways than we know.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Honestly, the kid may be a baller...but I wouldn't be

Jun 17, 2014, 6:05 PM [ in reply to This concerns me ]

surprised if the real recruit here was Brian Dawkins senior. I think Clemson would love to have him on there staff...

Re: Honestly, the kid may be a baller...but I wouldn't be

Jun 17, 2014, 10:28 PM

Free coaching and coaching advice from one of Clemson and the NFL greats. Won't cost Clemson a dime to better or strength its players skill set. There's always strength in numbers. "CLEMSON GOT COACHES"!

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic