Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
BSB Update: Statements from Jack Leggett and Dan Radakovich on Leggett's return for 2015 season
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 59
| visibility 1

BSB Update: Statements from Jack Leggett and Dan Radakovich on Leggett's return for 2015 season

Jun 10, 2014, 5:37 PM

Statements from Jack Leggett and Dan Radakovich on Leggett's return for 2015 season

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I certainly hope I'm wrong....

Jun 10, 2014, 5:46 PM

but I do not agree with this decision. Nevertheless, I will be pulling for us to win the CWS next year.

I am hopeful that there are specifics that we are not aware of, that pave a way for Jack's retirement.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I certainly hope I'm wrong....

Jun 10, 2014, 6:40 PM

I certainly hope you are wrong as well,but to win the CWS
you first got to get there!

Re: I certainly hope I'm wrong....

Jun 10, 2014, 7:08 PM [ in reply to I certainly hope I'm wrong.... ]

hope i'm wrong,but i just feel like next season might
be more of the same as this past season,like the little
train that couldn't-----as said,hope i'm wrong but feel
jack has shown us his best years and it will not get better next year!!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Great news. The Tigers will be back!*****

Jun 10, 2014, 5:47 PM

Ehhh***

Jun 10, 2014, 6:15 PM

Re: Ehhh***

Jun 11, 2014, 11:48 AM

the Titanic

... to mediocrity next year!***

Jun 11, 2014, 7:15 AM [ in reply to Great news. The Tigers will be back!***** ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

I hope your right, But my hart says your wrong and so does

Jun 11, 2014, 8:38 AM [ in reply to Great news. The Tigers will be back!***** ]

my mind. The change needs to be made and jack has to go.

Yadda, yadda, yadda ...***

Jun 10, 2014, 5:49 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Re: BSB Update: Statements from Jack Leggett and Dan Radakovich on Leggett's return for 2015 season

Jun 10, 2014, 5:49 PM

I think we have to improve our fielding... way too many errors this year. I do admire the job Coach Leggett has done over the years and hope we can get back to that level with him leading the program.

Reading that

Jun 10, 2014, 5:50 PM

reminds me of this

http://www.wspa.com/story/21499794/tommy-bowden-will-stay-at-clemson

"Tommy Bowden has made us a consistent winner," said Phillips "He has built a firm foundation for this program in all aspects. We continue to have success on the field in terms of wins and losses, and national ranking. We are graduating our players at a rate that ranks among the top BCS programs in the nation, and they are representing the institution in a manner that brings pride to the University. We are continuing to attract top flight student-athletes with strong character.

"While we are pleased with the performance of the program, we know there is another level to reach. We expect to win the Atlantic Coast Conference Championship and play in BCS bowls. With today's agreement we are optimistic Coach Bowden will take us to those goals."

"I am very excited about this contract extension to serve as Clemson's head football coach, "said Bowden. ”Clemson University has become a special place for the Bowden family. Both of my children are proud Clemson graduates and have settled in the area."

Re: Reading that - EXACTLY

Jun 10, 2014, 5:58 PM

Wishful thinking, high hopes based on very little if anything verifiable by the evidence. I guess this is pretty standard boilerplate for a coach who has one year to turn things around. Of course, Tommy Bowden should have been fired 4-5 years before he was finally shown the door (with pocketfuls of unearned Tiger cash).
Facilities, shmacilities, Jack! You need to recruit better and coach better. Period.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And we all know what happened next.......***

Jun 11, 2014, 7:05 AM [ in reply to Reading that ]

The more things change the more they stay the same***

Jun 11, 2014, 8:54 AM [ in reply to Reading that ]

Boilerplate statement for sure, but

Jun 10, 2014, 6:10 PM

I imagine there are some hurdles for JLeg to meet next year or he's a goner.

honest to .....

Jun 10, 2014, 6:13 PM

You know, I get a little...

I see all these "Fire Jack" posts and comments from the same posters that go off on our brand of "clemson family" for the football program and it just makes me......

I ain't the one to judge, but obvious hypocrites just ....

Get on board - ALL IN - or get the.....

WE ARE CLEMSON. SAVE YOUR LOUSY ... ATTITUDE FOR YOUR FREAKING DOG.

Get behind our programs and HELP recruiting or do us all a favor and just go somewhere else.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: honest to .....

Jun 10, 2014, 6:17 PM

I am a Clemson fan first but if they don't improve their hitting, fielding, base running, base coaching, and bullpen, it will be more of the same next year. If no one is replaced or moved around, then they would, to me, be content with what happened this year. You can't improve if you don't change something. Hope I'm wrong.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

hey...i get it ..but as long as JL is our coach

Jun 10, 2014, 6:24 PM

I will never crap him on the freakin internet for all our rivals to see - GET IT????

The man is a Hall of Famer - don't think that counts in recruiting and...well you're wrong.

Don't like it - send an email to DRAD - don't go bad mouthing your own team on the FREAKIN INTERNET. while at the same time going ladidadida about how Clemson is such a Family atmosphere for our atheletes - crap yall are stabbing your brothers in the dang back - GET IT????

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's a sports chat board...

Jun 10, 2014, 6:30 PM

This is what people talk about on sports chat boards. Want better response, Jack?? GET BETTER RESULTS!!

By the way terrier2, if you can't handle any real discussion, I'd suggest you go play shuffleboard, or play checkers, or go read your AARP magazines. And while your at it, S the F up.

and you would be the one talking about all the coots on the

Jun 10, 2014, 6:35 PM

'sports board' - jeez

stupid posts learn from you will - Yoda.

Re: and you would be the one talking about all the coots on the

Jun 10, 2014, 7:32 PM

1) you aren't yoda yoda wasn't a pansy

2) Jack has had 20 years of decline doing the same thing over and over again expecting different results is insanity.

null

neophyte you are...

Jun 10, 2014, 7:38 PM

majoring in humanities?

oops that was supposed to be thumbs down....

Jun 10, 2014, 7:44 PM [ in reply to Re: and you would be the one talking about all the coots on the ]

still trying to figure out this computer thing...no directions in my AARP kit.

Re: oops that was supposed to be thumbs down....

Jun 10, 2014, 8:03 PM

lol you pitiful peasant your TDs dont even count.

null

You idiot

Jun 10, 2014, 10:07 PM [ in reply to oops that was supposed to be thumbs down.... ]

Why don't you quit before you make your dumb ### look even dumber.

Honest, intelligent discussion is not for you. Go away.

Re: You idiot

Jun 11, 2014, 1:26 AM

First of all both statements are self serving and full of crap. Jack does not give a hoot about the fans other than his cult . Drad had to cover his mistake. There are good and bad things with this move by Drad. One bad thing is keeping a coach who will only make next season worse. The new coach will have a tough hole to dig out of. On the positive side, arrogant Jack did not get an extension. He is a lame duck and definitely gone in two years. That will hurt Lecroy in recruiting but so be it. A bad year next year might get rid of Leggett. The Scar series early next year will tell if this team is improved. It is going to be a bad year in baseball next year. If that gets rid of Leggett, it is a good thing.

Re: It's a sports chat board...

Jun 10, 2014, 6:40 PM [ in reply to It's a sports chat board... ]

You need some cheese to go with your whine

Great news

Jun 10, 2014, 6:17 PM

Leggett is the best coach in Clemson Athletics right now, making the playoffs 27 of 28 years. Fantastic

You can count on him to be in the top 68 in CBB***

Jun 11, 2014, 8:57 AM

Re: BSB Update: Statements from Jack Leggett and Dan Radakovich on Leggett's return for 2015 season

Jun 10, 2014, 6:19 PM

waste of money...I'll be glad when he is gone

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: DRad made all the Coots happy.***

Jun 10, 2014, 7:42 PM

Amen***

Jun 11, 2014, 8:58 AM [ in reply to Re: BSB Update: Statements from Jack Leggett and Dan Radakovich on Leggett's return for 2015 season ]

Jun 10, 2014, 6:29 PM

As Jack said about the post season, "I bet everyone is afraid to play us next year."

Jun 11, 2014, 7:10 AM

I'm sure we will make it easy on everyone and not make the post season next year.

Jack Leggett = Frank Beamer, we are very fortunate it is

Jun 10, 2014, 6:30 PM

baseball and not football.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sad but true***

Jun 11, 2014, 8:59 AM

The legacy of James F. Barker ----- DRad***

Jun 10, 2014, 6:34 PM

Jun 10, 2014, 7:07 PM

Visible results ? It was ever so evident that our team is just not that good. Middle of the ACC pack is unacceptable in this day and age. Clemson should win 40+ every year by default...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

OK - so lets play - CU wins 43 reg season games next year

Jun 10, 2014, 7:47 PM

and hosts regional, advances to Super and the series - what do you post then?

Creighton had a great year???

Jun 10, 2014, 8:32 PM

JK, hope your scenario comes to pass. Gonna have to get waaay below 89 errors though to have a prayer in league play.

Re: OK - so lets play - CU wins 43 reg season games next year

Jun 11, 2014, 7:14 AM [ in reply to OK - so lets play - CU wins 43 reg season games next year ]

> and hosts regional, advances to Super and the series
> - what do you post then?

They will be lucky to win 33 games and make the ACC tourney. Same old same old.

Re: OK - so lets play - CU wins 43 reg season games next year

Jun 11, 2014, 12:58 PM [ in reply to OK - so lets play - CU wins 43 reg season games next year ]

Terrier2 I rank you right up there with other world class dumba$$e$ on here like derob and tk79

"We're going to put the saddle back on this 5th place horse and see if he comes in 1st next year"

Jun 10, 2014, 8:12 PM

Tiger doesn't change his spots. The decline is a long trend, not a one year outlier.

Re:

Jun 10, 2014, 8:14 PM

Tigers have stripes what a stupid post.

null

Gotta love them dirtpeckers...

Jun 10, 2014, 8:23 PM

Bless their collective hearts. As for JL, you can't reteach a culture of timidness at the plate and on the field in another year. In all likelihood we are losing 2 to 3 of our starting pitchers. I just can't see us winning 40 + games next year. A win against the coots this fall will help with this decision.

Stupid is as stoopid does, Forrest.

Jun 10, 2014, 8:30 PM [ in reply to Re: ]

It's just a facetious expression, but I wouldn't expect you to understand that.

Re: Stupid is as stoopid does, Forrest.

Jun 10, 2014, 8:33 PM

Yea my post was serious /s get your panties out of a wad

Message was edited by: clemtiger117®

null

Great news on ACM for out of state kids! Baseball ???***

Jun 10, 2014, 9:00 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There you have it children. The adults have spoken.***

Jun 10, 2014, 9:18 PM

The same adult that

Jun 11, 2014, 10:27 AM

gave Paul Johnson a ridiculous buyout that makes him unfireable at GT, gave our Football and Basketball Coaches similar buyouts (hope that doesn't backfire), and built a Coliseum at South Carolina that is too big for them to ever fill.

Were you second in the running for the job?***

Jun 11, 2014, 5:53 PM

Tiger Baseball -- We Embrace Mediocrity!***

Jun 11, 2014, 7:18 AM

Nm

Apparently D-Rad is so dumb he cannot see the blatant

Jun 11, 2014, 9:05 AM

downward trend of our program. From making the CWS in 2010, to hosting a regional in 2011, to not hosting in 2012 and 2013, to barely even making the regionals in 2014. Yea, that's an impressive track record. FIRE JACK LEGGETT!!!

The downward spiral started way before that

Jun 11, 2014, 10:30 AM

It's been downhill ever since Benson and Koch left

I dont know about that, we've fielded some really good

Jun 13, 2014, 11:27 AM

teams since 1996. We were the #1 national seed once. Those teams with Khalil, Jeff Baker, Michael Johnson, those were mashers!

We probably should have won the whole thing in 2002. After that debacle was when I very first started to sour on Jack. then by 2010 and getting swept out of the CWS by the coots again, I was done with him at that point.

I'm sorry, but I don't agree with this...

Jun 11, 2014, 9:08 AM

Something Leggett said stands out to me. “There’s no need for a drastic overhaul because once you lose momentum in college baseball in general – lose your niche in recruiting, you’re going to have a really big problem." Well, guess what, we have lost our momentum and it is a very big problem now. It will only get worse with another bad season because eventually recruits are not going to want to come "help improve" the problem, they'll see it as something that either cannot be fixed or is not worth their time helping to fix when they can go somewhere else and be competitive right away.

The last 4-5 seasons have been a downward spiral and I'm afraid will only get worse next season. If the current trend continues, we won't even make the regional next season with how we have been going down and down and down.

They need to improve on every facet of the game starting with fielding and cutting down on errors and making better decisions on what pitches to throw when. A staff change is the only thing I see helping this because, as much as I appreciate what Leggett has done for our program over the years, the current state of the game has gotten away from him. It's bypassed him in a big way and the gap is continuing to get wider. We need someone who has kept up with the new style of play.

Re: I'm sorry, but I don't agree with this...

Jun 11, 2014, 9:36 AM

I don't agree either . There is no way given the personnel losses and losing recruits to MLB that this team will be any good . The same staff that couldn't teach fundamentals last season is expected to do better next year. Not! In one year Jack has to turn things around. No way! We don't owe that arrogant jerk anything .

Jun 11, 2014, 2:14 PM

Jack Leggett captain of the Titanic

Well isn't this just a kick in the growing!***

Jun 13, 2014, 2:55 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 59
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic