Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Clemson recruiting on a roll, and camp hasn't even started
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

New Story: Clemson recruiting on a roll, and camp hasn't even started

Jun 7, 2014, 10:24 AM

Clemson recruiting on a roll, and camp hasn't even started

Clemson has 18 verbal commitments for the 2015 recruiting cycle, a far cry from two years when there were only six heading into camp and three years ago when only four were on the board. Who are two big names we will be watching next week? Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Clemson recruiting on a roll, and camp hasn't even started

Jun 7, 2014, 10:45 AM

Head Coach Dabo Swinney has Clemson Football on the path to Greatness! He has positioned the program to compete for a spot in the College Football Playoffs every year for the foreseeable future! #GoTigers!

Any inside scoop on Cain's visit to UF yesterday?***

Jun 7, 2014, 11:01 AM

Wow if that's true its not good.

Jun 7, 2014, 11:10 AM

You know how dabo is about shutting things down once you commit. Hopefully there is nothing to it

Re: Wow if that's true its not good.

Jun 7, 2014, 2:59 PM

Hi chicken fan.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Nothing to worry about

Jun 7, 2014, 11:17 AM [ in reply to Any inside scoop on Cain's visit to UF yesterday?*** ]

He had a 7on7 tournament there and some kids on his team wanted to stop by. Nothing to worry about Cain has a good head and his mom loves Clemson

He didn't "visit" It was a 7on7 drill with his HS teammates***

Jun 7, 2014, 11:23 AM [ in reply to Any inside scoop on Cain's visit to UF yesterday?*** ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Great! Thanks for the info.***

Jun 7, 2014, 11:47 AM

Jun 7, 2014, 11:11 AM

We are Rollin'. This is so exciting, if we add one or two more bluechip dlineman this will we the best class by need that I have ever had the privilege to witness. It seems like a lot of these kids are All In these days and the staff is doing an amazing job of selling the now and the near future at Clemson. I love it! The AD is more All In than ever. It is a good time for us guys. I still haven't given up on Shy Tuttle, I just have a feeling he's gonna be a Tiger. Add Settle, Tuttle, Roseboro, and Barnett and that would seal the "Best" recruiting class ever. All In

Jun 7, 2014, 2:57 PM

And to even think about that ridiculous contract DRad signed Dabo to. What would make him think that Dabo was worth another contract. I mean, what ever made DRad think that Clemson fans even wanted Clemson mentioned in the same sentence with the ELITE programs in the country, much less beat them. Thanks DRAD, I really mean that. I've been waiting on the second coming of Clemson FB on top for an awful long time now!!! I've always bragged that we/Clemson could take our desert mules and beat the Thoroughbreds of the Elite. But I always knew we needed a coach that could get our mules to look good and win some so we could get the thoroughbreds wondering over to our stables. Then an unknown coach was recognize already in our stable. He didn't cost us the 3 to 4 mil that top coaches cost, in fact he was kind of cheap. Oh and how 75% of our fan base stomped their feet and spit at the name Dabo Swinney the real estate salesman. You can't really blame those 75% who hated the thought of Dabo being our HC. They were set on hiring a big name coach, and they were disappointed and hurt with the naming of Dabo. But look at us now, that real estate salesman (most laughed at his name, Dabo) started selling Clemson real estate in Clemson's Death Valley. He was selling the Clemson name to Elite coaches and to Elite Thoroughbred FB players, and that is turning the heads of college FB. The stars are shining brighter and brighter for Clemson, and for 99% of the Clemson fan base. Just look at us now:), in a few years with the cheap real estate salesman with the funny name that not many are laughing at now. And our fan base is happier than a pig in a fresh tub of slop. It is amazing how Dabo has turned our Clemson FB program around, its better than a 100% of us would have ever thought, except for Dabo. I don't think that failure was ever an option for Dabo. He knew that he had been taught by some of the best. He knows that he still has a lot to learn. But his work ethic will get him to the top of the college coaching world. I'm glad he is ours for now. I also think that any of his assistants would be an idiot to leave before they have that NC title around there waist, b/c its coming....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 7, 2014, 3:08 PM

Amen and amen!

What?***

Jun 7, 2014, 4:44 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Clemson recruiting on a roll, and camp hasn't even started ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i know it's germans but grayshirts are always confusing

Jun 7, 2014, 1:43 PM

I know grayshirts from last year didn't get a scholarship
until this year and when they do it counts toward the 85
max overall allowed at any given time.

But do the gray shirts from last year (like Williams)
getting scholarships this year count toward the 25 max
that the school can give per year? And I know it's been
hashed and rehashed, but do the Davis twin's schollies
count toward the 25 this year.

And one more thing. Shouldn't an athletic scholarship at
UNC just be called something like a "sportship" and they
be called athletes instead of student athletes? But that
wouldn't be fair to the ones that actually go to class
(real classes) and learn something.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: i know it's germans but grayshirts are always confusing

Jun 7, 2014, 1:47 PM

YES and PAYOLA

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Serious Question: With the earliness & frequency

Jun 7, 2014, 7:35 PM

of 2015 Clemson verbal recruits, will Clemson turn down 5-star and high rated 4-star recruits next Spring around signing day? Are all high quality football programs accepting so many early verbal commitments? How much weight will Clemson and other schools place on early verbal commitments vs. later interest of higher rated recruits?

Re: Serious Question: With the earliness & frequency

Jun 7, 2014, 10:18 PM

They would likely never turn down at high caliber player that wants to commit late. The problem is when you get full, the coaches start backing off the recruiting of these high quality players so by default, you do turn them down. That is the risk you take, which is magnified when you sign marginal D1 players like the Davis twins. I hope they work out but if they don't, it will easily be the worse mistake we have made in recruiting in a long time. We are on a major roll and either have or will lose out on some very good players due solely to using two scholarships for two kids whose Dad can easily afford to pay for their college. As good as our coaches are doing, this is a head scratcher.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgtbn_110.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Get over it

Jun 8, 2014, 8:00 AM

There is no reason to throw 2 Clemson guys under the bus. You never know what any recruit is going to do when you sign them - just look at Mike Bellamy vs Andre Branch and Cody Senabaugh. My inclination is to trust the coaches who have looked at these guys a heck of a lot more than the people giving out stars.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Grow up

Jun 8, 2014, 9:14 AM

I didn't throw anyone under the bus. Just stating facts, which you obviously struggle with. We have way too many LBs, there are much better players we could sign in areas we have more pressing needs, these kids can afford school without taking up two scholarships. If you can't see this, you are just another mindless fan who thinks everything done by any coach at Clemson is perfect, especially your mini-god Dabo.

I have nothing against these kids but they need to turn out well or we have wasted two spots in one of the best recruiting years we have ever had. Your examples below are the exception, not the rule. No one in their right mind manages toward the exception, except I assume you.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgtbn_110.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Didn't the Davis twins graduate from HS a FULL year early ?***

Jun 8, 2014, 9:51 AM

No, we will never turn down a 5 star or high 4 star player***

Jun 8, 2014, 9:16 AM [ in reply to Serious Question: With the earliness & frequency ]

Jun 8, 2014, 11:35 AM

Ray Ray McCloud and Tim Settle would be the icing on the cake for the 2015 class. Both are great athletes and.strong contenders for immediate action when they get to Clemson. Hope we see both of them at Camp this week and get commitments from both of them. Go Tigers !

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic