Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Throwback Thursday: News report on 1982 Orange Bowl
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1,834

FB Update: Throwback Thursday: News report on 1982 Orange Bowl

Jun 5, 2014, 3:21 PM

Throwback Thursday: News report on 1982 Orange Bowl

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Man, that makes me feel old! I was 26 at the time but it...

Jun 5, 2014, 3:47 PM

doesn't seem that long ago.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Man, that makes me feel old! I was 26 at the time but it...

Jun 6, 2014, 7:41 AM

You're right, it really don't seem that it was that long ago. I was 30 at the time. Even though my memory is vague on a lot of things from my past, that is one night I remember like it was last week. That was a time when Tiger fans knew we could compete with anybody.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

if you were 26 in 81 then you are old and that's why you

Jun 6, 2014, 7:54 AM [ in reply to Man, that makes me feel old! I was 26 at the time but it... ]

feel old

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FB Update: Throwback Thursday: News report on 1982 Orange Bowl

Jun 5, 2014, 5:07 PM

At game time Clemson was undefeated and ranked #1, while Nebraska was ranked #4, yet favored, so the Tigers win was deemed an "upset"???

2024 white level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I was 19 living with my mom in Langley, SC.

Jun 5, 2014, 5:17 PM

We didn't have the money to go to the game, but I was with out a doubt glued to the TV set, for the game. I have never yelled so hard in all my life, as I did that night.

I enter the Navy three days later, and have lived in California ever since. But, I still love my tigers. That was definitely one of the best moments in my life.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Being in Miami to see that was a high point of my life!

Jun 5, 2014, 5:30 PM

I've been fortunate to have many high points, but that evening at the Orange Bowl was one of the most memorable.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

me, too, Apex . . . me, too !***

Jun 6, 2014, 5:50 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Some of the more entertaining posts on TNet have been by

Jun 5, 2014, 5:35 PM

those, now in their 40's and 50's, who have recounted trips to the OB as young kids, students or young adults.

I was 34, attended a large viewing party in Columbia and went out to a dance club late that night to celebrate. Surprisingly, as we walked in the club in our orange, the DJ stopped the music, announced our national championship, and the packed house stood, clapped and cheered.

The headlines plastering the major dailies following that great victory were a sight to behold!

Homeside 40 about 12 rows up behind the DL/LBs... Good.***

Jun 5, 2014, 6:12 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 9
| visibility 1,834
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic